Type keyword(s) to search

Total Divas - General Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

Ugh..to much Bellas!  That said..that baby is so cute!

Lana was a good manager.  The women of the WWE are way ahead of her in terms of wrestling.  They don't need her to wrestle.

I liked Naomi's title..good for her making the "glow" brand for herself and trying to make it better.

Maryse?  Insecure? 

Not a fan of Carmela's for some reason.

• Love 2

What happened to TJ, Nattie's husband? Is he still with WWE? Why is he never filmed anymore?

ETA: Guess I could have just googled it, which I did. Sounds like WWE is being kind of shady about his injury.

Edited by Tatum
1 hour ago, Hero said:

What does Lana do now if she doesn't manage Rusev anymore?

They basically teamed her up with Tamina. Who may have seen since she's close with the usos and Trinity. She's basically her manager. But, in short, nothing. They barely use Rusev. Broke them up with no concrete goal for either of them as per usual.

• Love 1

I had all kinds of second hand embarrassment watching Maryse, like to the point where I almost had to change channels.  Mike was right, she made it weird, but, then, him saying that, while they were still sitting there, made it weird, too.  

One measly scene with Alexa and Nia on a tricycle, meanwhile the rest of the show with the lame road trip with the stupid "I Spy" game and farting and Maryse showing off their wealth to Carmella and Cass.

Oh and the doing things behind managements back was producer driven I think.  Waste of an episode.  

• Love 1

A fight breaks out between Lana, Nattie and Nia when their critique of each other's wrestling skills becomes too personal; a third home robbery makes Maryse want to move; Brie begins donating her breast milk to babies in need.

A fight breaks out between Lana, Nattie and Nia when their critique of each other's wrestling skills becomes too personal; a third home robbery makes Maryse want to move; Brie begins donating her breast milk to babies in need.

Wow, a critique of two of the most sensitive, easily offended WWE divas? What could possibly go wrong, Nia?

Lana pulls a stunt by posting a photo that could get her fired

Did you guys catch when Mark is yelling at her, but conceding she got her way, but then sternly telling her she cannot pull this stunt again and expect the same results, he said, and you can tell all the girls that, especially Nattie...which I thought was so hilarious. He knows he has about 3.25 seconds before Nattie comes charging in bitching about Lana ignoring the rules and being rewarded by 3 title fights in a row.

9 hours ago, Marley said:

I don’t watch wrestling so this is only my impression from the show but I am not a fan of Lana. She seems super awakward in and out of the ring.

She's an excellent valet/manager.  Good on the mic and able to get the crowd involved.  But she's a terrible wrestler, though that could change of they give her proper training.

• Love 2

I watched the fight scene twice and still couldn't figure out how it got started. One minute Lana is mentioning Nattie texting her a lot, Nattie replies that if she's texting Lana, it's only in reply to a text Lana sent, and then three of the girls start screaming at each other while Carmela looks as confused as I felt.

From what I could tell, earlier than that episode both Nattie and Nia had told Lana maybe she would never be a good wrestler, but could still be involved in other aspects of WWE and be very successful, which Lana has been silently stewing over for some time.

I commend Lana for being willing to work hard training and seeking advice, but it's really not fair to treat her friends and colleagues as though they are her personal trainers or coaches. It sounds like not only does she want them train her, but she wants them to be on call every time a wrestling related thought bounces into her head and she wants to run it by someone.  Also, it sounds like Lana defines "nice" and "supportive" as someone constantly reassuring her she's improving and assuaging all her frustrations and insecurities. That sounds exhausting and Lana really comes across as very self absorbed and entitled.

My personal Divas episode 4 MVP was Mark, who flat out told Nattie to stop tattling on her coworkers. That was bush league. Yes, what Lana said was mean, and yes, Lana is frustrating, but running to your boss to bitch about some catty remark made by a colleague was just beyond petty and immature, even for Nattie. I was glad Mark told her in no uncertain terms he didn't want to hear it.

• Love 3

Lana hosts a Bulgarian Name's Day party for Rusev in Nashville but is not ready to give him what he really wants as a present. Nattie buys her parents a house but realizes they are difficult tenants. Meanwhile, the Bellas miss the rush of wrestling and try to find a fix to replace it.

Lana is so damn whiny. She's too much sometimes. She makes things very awkward. 

The little piggy was soooo cute!!! I want one. 

Nattie's mom looks and sounds like she is in la- la land all the time. I wouldn't blame her if she was. 

Rusev has massive thighs and a great body. He looks so much better with a beard than without one. 

• Love 1

Brie struggles to enjoy herself on her first vacation away from her newborn, but Brie Mode eventually makes a return; the tension between Nattie and Lana reaches a climax and threatens to ruin everyone's time.

On 12/7/2017 at 1:43 PM, Hero said:

Lana is so damn whiny. She's too much sometimes. She makes things very awkward. 

The little piggy was soooo cute!!! I want one. 

Nattie's mom looks and sounds like she is in la- la land all the time. I wouldn't blame her if she was. 

Rusev has massive thighs and a great body. He looks so much better with a beard than without one. 

Right?!?! I used to think it was just a really bad Canadian accent (not that there IS one, but I had nothing else to go on), but Ellie seemed to be sharing some of her husband's oil or something. Ellie also sounds like she's got marbles in her mouth at times.

This is one of the shows I have to watch with Closed Captioning because I cannot understand a word anyone is saying - they're either talking OVER each other or it's so quick that you miss it. 

Am I the only one that can't stand Brie's pronunciation of certain words (i.e. feel, milk)? I swear it sounds like she's saying "fill" or "melk" - grrrrrrr!

Nikki's enunciation isn't as bad, but I also think she needs to but those boobs away before she pops someone's eye out! I was floored she wore that black dress out to dinner with the family and John was with her. I say this only because John is Mr. Professional/Super Suave/Classy and I can't imagine he'd be down with his wife-to-be wearing a dress that looked like the top half was lopped off. I can't believe she even thought that dress was nice to begin with!

• Love 2
On 11/16/2017 at 6:45 AM, Tatum said:

What happened to TJ, Nattie's husband? Is he still with WWE? Why is he never filmed anymore?

ETA: Guess I could have just googled it, which I did. Sounds like WWE is being kind of shady about his injury.

TJ is now a producer with Smackdown Live! He's back on the road, but won't be able to perform again since his neck injury from a match with Samoa Joe almost two years ago.

I really hope that this episode was scripted, because I would hate to think that grown women really act like two year olds.

Also, if you're having a problem with someone, adding alcohol is not going to help.

Brie was considered about her post-pregnancy weight, but she actually looks like she's lost a good deal of it already.  I was a little surprised several of the girls were so casual about tasting mother's milk.  There was an episode of Impractical Jokers where Sal had to drink some and he almost retched.  Probably just because of the idea of it, not the taste.  I think he said it tasted like a mix of vanilla and milk....................

Ugh. Nattie and Lana are my least two favorites, so an episode centered around them was miserable. Seriously. What a miserable experience that episode was...and in such a gorgeous setting!

I want more of Alexa, Carmella and Nia but nooo. We have to get insecure Nattie and drama queen Lana. Nattie is like weirdly obsessed with Lana. Lana is Lana and I'm sure glad I don't know her or work with her, but Nattie is just so odd about her. I think Nattie just felt (at the time, I know how SummerSlam ends!) insecure about her place in the womens division and is just unhappy in general. 

BRIE! Brie Mode was so fun. Birdie is the cutest baby.

Edited by The Ascension
4 hours ago, rmontro said:

I really hope that this episode was scripted, because I would hate to think that grown women really act like two year olds.

I made the same comment to my husband. It seems like I’m watching The Real Housewives of the WWE. Lana seems like a major pain in the ass, but Nattie gets worse and worse every week. 

It was nice to see the Bellas mingling with the other ladies. They seem so disconnected from the rest of the cast in other episodes since they’re off WWE television. 

13 hours ago, rmontro said:

Also, if you're having a problem with someone, adding alcohol is not going to help.

Brie was considered about her post-pregnancy weight, but she actually looks like she's lost a good deal of it already.  I was a little surprised several of the girls were so casual about tasting mother's milk.  There was an episode of Impractical Jokers where Sal had to drink some and he almost retched.  Probably just because of the idea of it, not the taste.  I think he said it tasted like a mix of vanilla and milk....................

Well Brie did say she lost all but 14 pounds of her pregnancy weight gain so she didn't have much left to lose. But, being surrounded by toned bodies like that won't help your insecurities.

Also, in a world where bad girls club exists, none of this surprises me. Also, Lana and Nattie are literally the two most emotionally immature cast members by far.

God this episode was so damn annoying.  I'm beginning to hate Nattie..the way she was with her parents last week and this week with Lana.  We get it..Lana is annoying but she wasn't doing anything bad this week and Nattie never shut up about her. 

I loved seeing the Bella twins with the others.  They are a lot more likable this way.  And yes Birdie is the cutest!!

Why does this show showcase Nattie so much?  Ugh.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Well Brie did say she lost all but 14 pounds of her pregnancy weight gain so she didn't have much left to lose. But, being surrounded by toned bodies like that won't help your insecurities.

14 lbs to go sounds about right, from the way she looked.  Being around all the toned bodies probably helps with the motivation though.

I'm a male, but I can see it must be difficult to be female.  Seems like you would be under a lot of pressure to look good.

1 minute ago, NYGirl said:

Why does this show showcase Nattie so much?  Ugh.

Maybe because she's a source of a lot of drama?  I don't know how "real" this show is, but she is coming off as very unlikable.  I've lost a lot of respect for her watching this.

• Love 1

After surviving her first trip away from Birdie, Brie becomes inspired to make a comeback in the ring and in her business career; Trin introduces role-playing in the bedroom to spice up her sex life; Maryse dares Mike to be a vegetarian for a week.

Even with alcohol involved, Nattie and Lana are just embarrassing. I hope they were made to do that for the show :/ I kind of feel like it wasn't scripted mainly because Lana broke the 4th wall and reference the crew and basically said that if they didn't get involved she was going to sabotage their ability to use the footage and at that point, she could do whatever she wants because she knows they wouldn't be able to use the footage. 

Yes, Lana threw toiler paper all over her room...she was left to clean it all up on her own. 

Yes, Lana slapped her first...you slapped her back Nattie. 

Nattie, you threw a drink on her first...and she threw some back on you.

Throwing the phone and belongings was beyond tit for tat. By that point, both were even. At least she didn't throw it in the water but I would be pissed. I can't wrestle, but I sure as hell can fight. 

17 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I kind of feel like it wasn't scripted mainly because Lana broke the 4th wall and reference the crew and basically said that if they didn't get involved she was going to sabotage their ability to use the footage and at that point, she could do whatever she wants because she knows they wouldn't be able to use the footage. 

Or is that what they want you to think?  It's hard to say.

It's hard to believe that Nattie wouldn't destroy Lana in a fight though.

2 hours ago, rmontro said:

Or is that what they want you to think?  It's hard to say.

It's hard to believe that Nattie wouldn't destroy Lana in a fight though.

It definitely is hard to say. I wouldn't be surprised either way. I feel that often times we see reality shows where participants insinuate that they're doing their part to make the show but at the same time, I still feel a certain way about that. Unlike a TV show  movie, they aren't there representing a character. They're there representing themselves so even if they're behaving outside of their character for the sake of the show, I think it says something about them that they're willing to reduce their own character and morals for the sake of camera time. All that to say, either way it doesn't make Nattie or Lana look good. 

7 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

It definitely is hard to say. I wouldn't be surprised either way. I feel that often times we see reality shows where participants insinuate that they're doing their part to make the show but at the same time, I still feel a certain way about that. Unlike a TV show  movie, they aren't there representing a character. They're there representing themselves so even if they're behaving outside of their character for the sake of the show, I think it says something about them that they're willing to reduce their own character and morals for the sake of camera time. All that to say, either way it doesn't make Nattie or Lana look good. 

The line is further blurred because even if the show is scripted, they may be drawing upon an actual incident.  WWE is well known for doing this on their wrestling shows.  Mixing reality with "kayfabe" as they call it.  I will say that if Nattie and Lana are acting, they are pretty convincing, because they really do appear to dislike each other.  And whether or not Nattie is good at doing promos, she sure has been good at making herself appear like a small person.

7 hours ago, rmontro said:

The line is further blurred because even if the show is scripted, they may be drawing upon an actual incident.  WWE is well known for doing this on their wrestling shows.  Mixing reality with "kayfabe" as they call it.  I will say that if Nattie and Lana are acting, they are pretty convincing, because they really do appear to dislike each other.  And whether or not Nattie is good at doing promos, she sure has been good at making herself appear like a small person.

That's true, I totally forgot about the whole kayfabe bit. I haven't watch wrestling since Trish and Lita retired since I totally forgot about those kinds of things possibly being incorporated into the show. Though the world knows that storylines are usually contrived so it kind of defeats the purpose of pushing kayfabe storylines on a reality show but I wouldn't put it past WWE. I think some of the storylines we see on Total Divas are obviously more scripted than others.

• Love 1

I was embarrassed for every single person on the show. I thought they all came off super immature. First of all, Brie,  "Brie Mode" is not cute or charming. I'm Brie's age with 2 kids and I enjoy drinking still, but if I was slobbering fall down drunk on TV  at my age I'd be beyond mortified. Also, the "woo-hoo" kind of drunk is annoying enough on 21 year olds. It's downright sad at 34.

Second of all, for all the girls' bitching that Nattie and Lana's ongoing cat fight was irritating, they weren't doing shit to intervene until the situation escalated beyond control.

It seemed over and over again, one of the girls would insist on a truce, which both Nattie and Lana would grudgingly agree to, and then a few minutes later, Lana would be talking about something and Nattie would mutter a passive aggressive insult. Lana would stop talking, give Nattie the stink eye, and keep going until Nattie did it again. At which point Lana would snap back, and then someone pipes up with, hey, can you guys cut it out? How about someone tells Nattie to knock off her bullshit right when she starts? Nattie instigated about 99% of the drama on the last episode, yet no one would say anything until Lana retaliated.

Also, Nattie? Your insults are just SO embarrassingly stupid. Lana: what did I ever do to you? Nattie: You were born. That's a real knee slapper, there, Nattie, Some 10 year called and wants his witty retort back.

At this point, even if the whole episode was entirely staged, I still find it pretty pathetic that women in their 30s are willing to play along just for a storyline on a second rate cable show.

• Love 3

Nattie wrestled Charlotte last night at the most recent PPV. She lost her match and went on a rant where she said that since they WWE Universe had turned their backs on her, she was turning her back on them and had a really fake looking ugly cry. I don’t know if it’s part of the storyline or if she’s retiring or taking some time off, but it was really bad acting. 

They announced last night on Raw that the women would have their own Royal Rumble match this year. I just hope they don’t make the winner anyone named Bella (my guess is Asuka since they seem to be feeding the rest of the division to her). It will be interesting to see how this is portrayed on Total Divas. 

Good to see that Natalie and Lana ironed out their problems.  I had thought that Nattie had thrown Lana's phone and luggage INTO the ocean, but here it was on the beach.  I guess the tide had gone out, but still, it didn't appear anything was damaged.

The stuff with Trinity and Jimmy working on their sex life just made me uncomfortable.

I also like those vegetarian burgers, but they say that if you are a true vegetarian at heart, you don't need to eat those fake meats. 

On 12/18/2017 at 4:41 PM, Stacey1014 said:

Nattie wrestled Charlotte last night at the most recent PPV. She lost her match and went on a rant where she said that since they WWE Universe had turned their backs on her, she was turning her back on them and had a really fake looking ugly cry. I don’t know if it’s part of the storyline or if she’s retiring or taking some time off, but it was really bad acting. 

Omigosh, Lana was right!

On 12/19/2017 at 7:36 AM, Stacey1014 said:

They announced last night on Raw that the women would have their own Royal Rumble match this year. I just hope they don’t make the winner anyone named Bella (my guess is Asuka

Extremely unlikely a Bella will win the Rumble.  Like you say, most likely Asuka.  The only other woman I might see them giving it to is Rhonda Rousey, who has signed some kind of deal with the WWE.

8 hours ago, rmontro said:

Omigosh, Lana was right!

Extremely unlikely a Bella will win the Rumble.  Like you say, most likely Asuka.  The only other woman I might see them giving it to is Rhonda Rousey, who has signed some kind of deal with the WWE.

It will be really interesting where the womens’ divisions go in the next year or two. Between Rousey possibly showing up, Asuka being pushed and the reemergence of Paige (along with five other newer girls), I wonder how much room there will be for a lot of the current ladies on the roster. They only have one title per show and with at least ten women each, it’s getting pretty crowded. 

Speaking of Asuka, I’m not quite feeling her. I wasn’t a NXT watcher, so I’m not all that familiar with her. It just seems like they’re feeding the entire division to her and it seems like it’s too soon. It almost seems like another Roman Reigns situation. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

Speaking of Asuka, I’m not quite feeling her. I wasn’t a NXT watcher, so I’m not all that familiar with her. It just seems like they’re feeding the entire division to her and it seems like it’s too soon. It almost seems like another Roman Reigns situation. 

She is really good, her moves are very fast and crisp.  They have a unique opportunity with her in that she's undefeated for the last two years, so I think they almost have to take advantage of it, and keep her undefeated through Wrestlemania at least.  Once she gets a title reign under her belt though, they need to bring her down to earth a little.  She's great, but they can't sacrifice the rest of the roster just to keep her invincible.  I'm with you, I don't like the "super" characters, like Hogan, Cena, and Reigns.  When you know they're going to win, it's too boring.

2 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I agree about Rousey winning the Rumble. As for a tag title, I’d love to see each show have a mixed tag title. There are just as many guys on the roster that have nothing to do and it would make for some interesting combinations. 

For some reason, I think Zack Ryder would be a great "mixed doubles" champion.  Team him with one of the top females and watch them tear it up.

I thought the whole Rusev/Lana/lesbian storyline was creepy.  Rusev going so far as to get her a "lesbian gift" was too much.  I couldn't tell if he was jealous, or titillated, or both.

I was a little surprised to hear Nia say she didn't know anything about dating.  Constantly traveling and doing shows isn't very conducive to dating, unless you date someone in the company.  

I was glad to see Nia and Alexa patched it up.  I thought it was a little rude of Nia to be telling her that maybe she didn't really want to be married in front of her fiance, or fiance-to-be, or whatever he was.  Seems pretty insensitive to him at least, but Alexa was the one who got mad about it.

Nia faces her fears and braves a date with a NYC firefighter; Lana's criticism of Nattie's skills on the mic gets in Nattie's head before her big SummerSlam match, forcing Nattie to do something drastic.

Lana to me is the kind of girl who kisses her girlfriends and slaps them on the asses not to show affection, but to get more attention from men. I can't stand when women say they just like to kiss their girlfriends or dance sexy with them just for kicks, but yet they conveniently only do it when men are around to appreciate it. 

I think Rusev was calling her bluff by giving her a "lesbian gift" knowing how uncomfortable it would make her, since she isn't really attracted to women, and wouldn't be comfortable being sexual around a woman who might have a legitimate attraction to her.

Lana must be just insufferable in general, because this is the second time we've seen that Nattie has been a total bitch to her and no one stood up for Lana. The girls are in the limo, complimenting each other, having a nice time, and Nattie has to bring up again that Lana got Carmella punted from some live event. She's a total shit stirrer, and Trinity, who I always consider the voice of reason and the only girl on this show that actually dislikes drama (as much as the other girls say they hate drama, they totally love drama) refuses to get involved or tell Nattie to back off, which I consider telling. I think the others must not like Lana that much and enjoy watching her get called out for things.

And I couldn't tell what exactly she was being called out for anyways. It sounds like, from what I could tell, Lana made a case for needing more live events, and she was given her wish, at the possible expense of Carmella. While that sucks for Carmella, I don't think Lana should be expected to not lobby for herself. It's one thing if she's actively sabotaging Carmella, but if she's just requesting more face time and the unintended consequence is someone else gets booted, that's between the booted person and management. And it's not like any of the other girls wouldn't do the exact same thing. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Lana to me is the kind of girl who kisses her girlfriends and slaps them on the asses not to show affection, but to get more attention from men. I can't stand when women say they just like to kiss their girlfriends or dance sexy with them just for kicks, but yet they conveniently only do it when men are around to appreciate it. 

I agree that there are a lot of women who get kind of sexy with each other because they think it will get them attention from men.  That may be part of Lana's motivation too, but she did say that she experimented in college.

It does seem that Lana is a shit stirrer.  She was still going on about Natty's promos needing work, when she must know by now how much it gets under Natty's skin.  An episode or two ago we were all talking about how awful Natty is, and now Lana appears to be the main villain.  She comes off as the kind of girl who doesn't have to be accountable for her actions or personality, just because of the way she looks.  I agree that it was unfair of Carmella to blame her for being cut from the live show though.

7 minutes ago, rmontro said:

I agree that there are a lot of women who get kind of sexy with each other because they think it will get them attention from men.  That may be part of Lana's motivation too, but she did say that she experimented in college.

But then remember in the bar she told Rusev maybe she "exaggerated" her prior experiences, or something to that effect. I would bet my 401K balance that Lana's "experimentation" was also for the benefit of whatever guy she was trying to impress. Not saying every woman who experiments or has bisexual feelings is just doing it for attention, but there are a subset of women who do sexual things with other women solely for attention from men and I think Lana belongs in that category.

I think Nattie comes off worse during the show, actually, but since no one ever defends Lana, I have to assume Lana is actually worse in person.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 2

OMG does everything Nikki Bella say end up with her voice going up like that at the end?  I can't describe it but it was freaking annoying last night.

I can't understand half the stuff these girls say.  Maybe because they're not trained to actually act.  Either that or I'm really old... It may be the latter.

I was at that Summer Slam and spent the whole episode looking for myself..lol

• Love 1

Nicole is offered an opportunity with "Dancing with the Stars"; in Bulgaria, Lana challenges Rusev to a bet in order to win her dream mansion; Carmella is overwhelmed with moving to a new home with her boyfriend.