Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, laprin said:

I would not put it past those creepy defendants to help their son kill them.

If anyone does any killing, I'll bet it's the two kids. Teens killing parents/guardians is all too common these days.

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I didn't catch the first couple of minutes, but I guess the girl is a foster of some kind?

I missed that part too, since I keep "Mute" on until Douglas hands the papers to JM. The girl sounds disturbed and is obviously out of control at 14. The plaintiff mother is not safe.

• Love 2

This case really was too awful to be on TV (thanks, Levin), but the beatdown by MM was epic. 

Surprised that the civil case would go forth while the criminal case is still pending, because all of this would be admissible.  And that they're still letting the girl run back to their house and happily facilitating the girl's hideous behavior, even after all this.

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

The girl sounds disturbed and is obviously out of control at 14. The plaintiff mother is not safe.

I agree.  I'm worried for the parents.  I hope we don't read about them some day.  They may need to move to another city, with or without their daughter.

What a cute puppy in the Levin-crowd.  Only good thing in the whole hour.

• Love 4

Being a fan of true crime and knowing of cases of parricide from the news and TV shows, I think I would cut my kid loose.  Call me heartless, but I'd tell the girl to go live with the boyfriend in his house, after reading those chilling texts.  Make her an emancipated minor and let her go live her life, let those other parents handle your nonsense.  I'd also tell her once the door was closed, it probably won't open again.  Tough love.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Make her an emancipated minor and let her go live her life, let those other parents handle your nonsense.

According to this site, kids in NY pretty much have to be at least 16 to be legally emancipated, and this kid is only 14.

A child can be emancipated if he/she left the parent’s home without a good reason and refused to obey the reasonable rules of the parent.  A child will not be emancipated in this situation if he/she is under age 16. 

So at least two more years of hell for this family.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, meowmommy said:

And that they're still letting the girl run back to their house and happily facilitating the girl's hideous behavior, even after all this.

Creepy little youth counsellor said that it's legal for the girl to come over, as though that is the issue here.(!) I hope his employers saw this and maybe, considering what's going on in his household, are questioning his judgment and ability to help any other kids.

If the plaintiffs don't want to put the girl in a facility where she can help or turn over guardianship of her to the defs, they better get alarms systems, cameras, window bars and a shotgun. I would take those texts very seriously.

I wonder if sniggering Dad will keep laughing if his son ends up with a life sentence for murder.

I also wonder if shitbag, lowlife Levin made his usual dumb un-funny cracks about this case. "Killer??? HE HARDLY KNEW 'ER!"

• Love 5
9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Creepy little youth counsellor said that it's legal for the girl to come over, as though that is the issue here.(!) I hope his employers saw this and maybe, considering what's going on in his household, are questioning his judgment and ability to help any other kids.

If the plaintiffs don't want to put the girl in a facility where she can help or turn over guardianship of her to the defs, they better get alarms systems, cameras, window bars and a shotgun. I would take those texts very seriously.

I wonder if sniggering Dad will keep laughing if his son ends up with a life sentence for murder.

I also wonder if shitbag, lowlife Levin made his usual dumb un-funny cracks about this case. "Killer??? HE HARDLY KNEW 'ER!"

Smarmy dad probably got off thinking his 16 yr old is such a stud. 6 days under the bed in his room? I’m sure she emerged for a bit of “ true love” when daddy was at work. Wouldn’t be at all shocked if she’s pregnant now or soon. 

Years ago a very good friend allowed her grand daughter to hide out in her house for several weeks while her son and his wife searched everywhere for her. The grand daughter was chafing against her parents rules which had been made more strict due to a incident involving underage drinking which left her in the hospital. Eventually her son got wind of where his daughter was and all hell broke loose. My friend nearly got arrested and she and her son are still on the outs over it. 
When she told me what happened, I was shocked. I said “ how could you let your son and his wife go out of their minds with worry for all that time?”  She said she couldn’t “betray her grand daughter’s trust” I told her she should have told the son where she was and told the grand daughter that she had to contact her parents. Maybe they could have agreed to have her stay a couple days cooling off period. But she wouldn’t admit she was wrong. I lost all respect for her and our friendship ended shortly thereafter. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, laprin said:

According to Facebook, daughter Claudia and equally troubled Tyler are “engaged.”  Wonder if her parents washed their hands of her. 

Based on what I posted earlier, they can't.  Unless, of course, as someone upthread suggested, she's a foster child and not their legal child.

And it'll have to be a long engagement.  According to FindLaw, you have to be 17 to get married in NYS, even with consent:

Based upon concerns regarding the relationship between married minors and domestic violence and other negative ramifications, the state lawmakers took measures to combat child marriage and increased the legal marriage age (without consent) from 14 to 18...

Marriage for anyone under the age of 14 is strictly prohibited. Any clerk who knowingly issues a marriage license for a marriage of this kind is guilty of a misdemeanor.

A 17 year old can marry with the consent of the New York Supreme Court or Family Court.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, meowmommy said:

And it'll have to be a long engagement.  According to FindLaw, you have to be 17 to get married in NYS, even with consent:

Maybe they call it "engaged". We've seen people three times their ages, calling each other "fiance" when they've been together 10 years, have bred  a passel of kids but never managed to get married or even buy an engagment ring. They think "engaged" sounds better than "playing house."

Anyway, I'm sure these two Krazy Kids have a great future ahead of them.

• Love 4
  • reakup lawsuit: oh my, quite the getup P chose for court, wonder if her multi-tone blue-gray hair was meant to match that the top of that short mini dress...... sounds like her case is wanting back money she wasted on her short time bf - at least she isn't going after lotto type money, only asking about a grand saying it's for rent, booze and the cereal he ate..... I admit to a little stereotyping here, but when door opened for D to enter into immediately wondered if he was a gym rat or just out of the big house - yeppers, intro clown says D  just released after 6 years in prison - intro clown couldn't come up with anything for intro - defense simple - there were no loans, never a rental agreement, never a mention of charging for anything until after the breakup..... based on intro, this will be a short one with a little fun poked at the litigants followed by quick dismissal - but of course not, if anything a little long and has little to do with what intro said...... after about the 20th 'you know' from P I'm holding remote ready to zip ahead - basically, you know, me and a friend were you know, getting home from you know an outing you know at about you know 7am you know and  D was you know, sleeping on the stoop in front of you know my house you know...... so, of course, the only sensible thing to do was wake the 6ft5in buff looking dude up and invite him to move in...... geez, woman, can't you find your roomies on CL like everyone else..... yep, within 24 hours of finding dude sleeping on her stoop she says his gramps didn't want him bunking with gramps so, of course, don'cha know, she invites big jailbird (MM quickly learns he did 6 years for stabbing someone - but hey, wasn't domestic or anything).....  ok you know, like, zip, you know, zip..... when I start watching again, instead of nonsense rent/booze/cereal, sounds like D's idea of foreplay includes tossing gf around, but unfortunately when he tossed she landing on a hair dryer - she says dryer was broken when she landed on it, he claims it must have already been broken as she told him earlier she needed a dryer, and, besides, he didn't toss her on the dryer, he sat on it...... could go either way depending on what I zipped over, but I'm not interested in rewinding to find out what I missed...... ok, sounds like MM may be looking to charge D with cost of dryer - but P trying to bump up the claim by wanting replacement price of an upgraded model (also, according to MM, asking way more than prices MM is finding it listed for on her tablet)..... oh, and here's something not to say, when MM learns he just moved back in with gramps there in the same building, MM asks how that's working out and dufus says no biggy, ya knows how females is - yeah, MM says, maybe not a good thing to say to a FEMALE judge...... ok, guess MM felt dude should pay for the dryer - her rough justice amounts to $332 and a lecture to both litigants
  • tenant suing for deposit: p admits she violated landlord's no smoking policy, but only once while living there 5 years, so no way should she have to lose all of the deposit, especially as she has learned apartment was illegal to rent - wants $900..... according to D, there were major nicotine stains in apartment, in fact in preview he says he considered evicting her when neighbor complained of cigarette smell - and besides P waited 2 years to sue for deposit...... ok, after 5 years place probably needed some paint due to normal living, but as someone who once did apartment maintenance I can assure you 5 years with a smoker in residence is a whole other level, probably requiring primer and multiple coats on walls and ceiling depending on how heavy a smoker P was.... and I call BS on the '1 time' claim - as an ex-smoker I can attest that there were many times I reached for a smoke to find it already had 1 burning in the ashtray (I was once a 3-4 pack a day chimney - quit 10 years ago, but still occasionally feel the urge)..... ok, 1 thing wrong with intro (I'm sure there will be more to follow) is that it wasn't 2 years, but 1 year after P left that she filed suit - she says that she texted multiple times asking for the deposit but was never answered (and no, has no evidence of those requests)...... makes me wonder if their jurisdiction, like so many others, requires landlord to send itemized list of why deposit is being withheld - if landlord failed he may be out of luck even if P caused damage, maybe even double or treble damages)..... MM asks defendant about P asking for deposit and he tries to dodge answering, he has texts going back a year, but nothing about her not getting back deposit - that he says was a verbal conversation as she was moving out.... more back and forth about the smoking - now P claiming she 'never saw no smoking' clause, so MM asks for copy of lease as we head to commercial...... oh, and the preview as we go to commercial has me thinking back to the illegal apartment claim when we hear P talking about all the tenants getting their mail from a communal mailbox instead of everybody having the own - this comes as landlord is explaining that P still had mailbox key (to everybody's box) 9 months after she moved out)..... ok, in about 1 millisecond MM glances at lease and sees 'no smoking' clause..... hoboy, and not only is there a no smoking paragraph in lease, but there is a separate paragraph detailing how much landlord will charge ($600) for each room, which actually totals more than the deposit (but landlord didn't charge the extra and there is no countersuit) - another chuckle comes when P, who according to her testimony has been looking for deposit to be returned for months, sends a text asking if D has any apartments she can rent 4 months after leaving...... ok, time's up, quick dismissal - never anything about whether this was a legal apartment (though MM does get a little excited about the community mail box) , and what's with a request for an apartment 4 months after leaving when you think a landlord stiffed you on your depisit, what really sinks P case is that nobody believes she only smoked once in apartment, and lease clearly stated landlord could have charged $600 per room for painting when she violated the no smoking clause - 8n hallterview she tells Doug lease wasn't valid because it wasn'the resigned after first year - nope, lady, after lease expires you become a month to month tenant with same conditions as the lease
  • 24yo friendship ends when P loans his buddy money and video games: P says not only didn't his pal not repay the loan, but the dirty dog secretly sold some instead of bringing them back - wants $2504..... D says he repaid money loan, and the games were an early birthday gift from his good buddy..... preview shows big problem ahead for P as it seems he's claiming a lot of nickel and dime loans with no contemporary records of the loans..... ok, without any records of the little loans, P won't be collecting. .... same deal with these games - P talks about loaning a game now and then, never getting them back, until when they have kerfuffle and he realizes D has 20 of his collection of vintage games (says he's a vintage game/toy collector) - oh, and here's P is saying 20 games, D is saying more like 6, and MM counts 17 on the list from the court papers...... hint hint, when testifying try to remember what you put in your statement - judges frown on it when your damages changes)...... MM turns to defendant and asks where the games are - D says right here in thi plastic bag..... at most I see our evidence-poor plaintiff getting back only what D admits to borrowing - D says all the money has been repaid, and P has no evidence it hasn't, then P really just has a list of games with no evidence D borrowed any more, so I'd say have Douglas hand over the plastic bag and send them out the door..... ok, after the handoff P says one of the games in bag is not something he loaned, others were loaned with manuals which D is not returning, etc.... I'm not a collector, but know enough to know condition is everything, and suspect P is putting full blown/never opened still in original box retail prices on these games to arrive at his damages - he looks at one of the returned games and says it's maybe worth $20 now but was worth $250 when loaned out - so we're to believe P loans $250 dollar games out to unemployed friends to play - and not just the 1 game but 20 of them?...... uh oh, now the claim about D selling borrowed games - P has proof from a vintage game store that he frequents that D sold a couple of the games at the same store where P bought them..... ok, P can't prove everything, but here's evidence of P buying collectibles from a store and D returning those items and getting cash...... for those not in the know, I have a couple friends who are really into collecting (mainly comic books and action figures) - 1 of them is in a wheelchair and a couple times a month we go out and he visits collectible stores - it's like a whole subculture, with collectors remembering the price they saw at some other store and whether the item was graded such and such - heck, I gather even some of the known counterfeit collectibles are collectible at a reduced rate - just think of the guys on Big Bang visiting the Comic Book store)...... quickly running out of time - P can't prove much, but he's convincing me that D is a dirt ball - wonder how much of the $2500 MM is going to give P? Oh well, P ends up getting only $350, and $200 of that is for money D admits borrowing but said he paid back..... 
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

oh my, quite the getup P chose for court, wonder if her multi-tone blue-gray hair was meant to match that the top of that short mini dress

So, when I lived an apartment I came home early one morning after spending the whole night at the club where I struck out and got no nookie. I see this giant character passed out on the stairs so I woke him up so we could conversate. We conversated a lot then I asked him if he wanted to come and stay with me. Who wouldn't, amirate, ladies? Since he was broke and homeless and jobless, he agreed. He'd just gotten out of doing a six-year stint in prison for assault (must have been some assault!) but him being a violent ex-con didn't bother me. I wanted to know his hopes and plans and dreams for the future even though I had only known him for maybe 30 hours. I HAVE A BIG HEART!! I bought him a whole "interview outfit" but believe it or not, he never showed for the interview. Imagine that! Anyway, he tried to push my drugs/not drugs on the street and couldn't. Also okay with me.  But! he ate all my cereal and broke my hair dryer and that I could not condone.

Okay, that was a lie. I really and truly did come out of my apartment to go to w-o-r-k and there was a guy passed out on the stairs. I stepped over him, ran out the door and just hoped he'd be gone by the time I got home. He was. No conversating, no invitations to live with me, or even any "play-fighting".

tenant suing for deposit:

Maybe it's irrational, but I really hated the passive-aggressive plaintiff. She was such a Liar, liar, pants on fire about every single thing. Yeah, I'm sure that in 5 years she smoked just one time in the apartment and never in a whole year did she have 10 minutes free to request the return of her deposit. Landlord needs to rethink his policies. Letting plaintiff keep the mail key so she had access to everyone's mail after she left was beyond stupid.

Levin: "It's the case of, "Don't blow smoke up my you-know-what." What a disgusting, vile creature he is.

24yo friendship ends when P loans his buddy money and video games:

I'm with JM on this one. The two blobby, flabby 41-year old men with an obsession for video games in which they could defeat Dracula, turn the tide of war or whatever made them feel like big tough guys as they sat there drinking beer and eating Cheese-Its, were very distasteful. It was pretty funny as JM read out the titles of the boys' games. Def is a creepy little weasel who had "family issues" so he pawns plaintiff's crap. Plaintiff has pretty much zero proof of anything. "I dunno know how much I gave him. You figure it out, Judge." Couldn't stand either of them. 

ya knows how females is - yeah,

OH, I forgot that. It was great. Those females, now...

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Who needs match.com when you can just hook up with some random parolee passed out on your apartment steps?  Ideal place to find Mr. Right!  Why didn't I ever think of that??

And it's not just blue hair, it's repulsively, hideously ugly blue hair.  Random blotchy blue tones, stringy, flyaway hair.  Could be her hair, could be a wig, could be the end of the mop handle after scrubbing the floor.  Hard to tell.  Amazing how some people can spend so much money to choose to look so bad.  And a woman with bad blue hair and go-go boots who talks about how she "limitated" him, giving her buddy advice on how to present himself at a job interview.  Ho-kay.

Then we go from blue hair to Harpo hair.

2 hours ago, SRTouch said:

(I was once a 3-4 pack a day chimney - quit 10 years ago, but still occasionally feel the urge)

I'm sure your lungs and your cats both appreciate your efforts!

(though MM does get a little excited about the community mail box)

Years ago, I rented the middle apartment in a triplex, way out in the country (Rural Route delivery), and all three of us shared a giant USPS mailbox at the end of the driveway.  It was a little weird, but everybody just took their own mail and left the rest, on the honor system.

MM, social security is paid electronically now.  Try to keep up.  You either receive it by direct deposit or a debit card.  

And then there's the defendant with the grease slick on his head, who really dressed up for his teevee appearance.  Looked like he pulled his outfit out of the dirty laundry basket, after it had been worn to muck out the garage.

Gaming confuses me, anyway, as an obsession.  I admit to playing Candy Crush and NYT crosswords.  Macho testosterone boosters, not so much.  But ya know how those females is...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

And a woman with bad blue hair and go-go boots who talks about how she "limitated" him, giving her buddy advice on how to present himself at a job interview.  Ho-kay.

And she knows "all about" school, although her grammar was very bad. That was a wig and I was surprised you could buy blue wigs, although maybe she dyed it to achieve that singular look or got it in the discount bin after Halloween. Are females still dressing up as Coraline?

12 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Who needs match.com when you can just hook up with some random parolee passed out on your apartment steps?  Ideal place to find Mr. Right!  Why didn't I ever think of that??

You really need to learn to be a bit more compromising. You never know where you'll find love! Try to have a bigger heart.

13 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Gaming confuses me, anyway, as an obsession.  I admit to playing Candy Crush and NYT crosswords.  Macho testosterone boosters, not so much. 

I think one would need some testosterone in order to boost it.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I think one would need some testosterone in order to boost it.

Women actually do have testosterone, although, mercifully, in much smaller quantities than do men.  And now you get to educate me on who Coraline is, so I don't have to Google it.  🙂

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

And now you get to educate me on who Coraline is, so I don't have to Google it.

"Coraline" is a movie I just loved - creepy, funny, quirky -  and she had blue hair.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327597/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

4 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Women actually do have testosterone, although, mercifully, in much smaller quantities than do men.

Yes, we do and these days I'm thinking I may have more of it than most of the male litigants we see here.

I just watched the episode about parents who were looking for their runaway 14 year old and the parents of her boyfriend who hid her for 6 days.  Wow!  The parents of the boyfriend have some weird understanding of how to interact with children who are NOT their own.  Not only did they totally screw with the girl's parents, they totally screwed with all of the taxpayers who had to cover the cost of 6 days of police searches (including helicopters).  And the mother at least lied directly to the parents and the police.  Then to top it all off, they are continuing to allow the girl to come over to their house because, as the father so arrogantly proclaims, it's legal.  Yep, he said that.  There's legal and then there's morally right.  Not always the same thing.  The mother of the boyfriend is facing criminal charges-obstruction of justice.  JM tells her that she hopes the mother will receive jail time.  JM is not alone in that hope.  This was such an unbelievable case.  Oh, and then JM reads some of the current texts between the young loves...

Unbelievable.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Then to top it all off, they are continuing to allow the girl to come over to their house because, as the father so arrogantly proclaims, it's legal.  Yep, he said that. 

Not only did he refer to it as legal, he insisted (during one of the shouting over the judge moments), "I am NOT going to go against a real judge's order."  Like the family court judge ORDERED them to allow the girl to go back to their house.

I don't know what karma is going to look like for the defendant parents, but I suspect it might involve their raising at least one grandchild.  Wouldn't it be great if THAT child was disobedient and went to hide out with friends . . . and no one would tell the grandparents (or any family member) where they are?

• Love 5
  • doggy attack intro ran while I was in  kitchen - P claiming dogs bolted out door and attacked as she passed outside - says she fell and was scraped up and bleeding - wants 5 grand...... Ds come out smiling as intro clown tells us that they don't believe their two small dogs could knock down P and they saw nary a spot of blood - not denying the dogs ran outside, but somehow that's fine and dandy cuz their kid let dogs out (long true story made short - I once hobbled around for a week when I stepped back, twisted my ankle and fell when a squirrel startled me by almost running between my legs - now, after years of watching court tv I know I should have sued.... well, someone, maybe the city as the sidewalk was maybe 3-4 inches too tall)..... that's about as much as I heard as I hit FF after returning to recliner with coffee....... from decision seems P overreaching going for lotto money (apparently she went after insurance company for 50 grand, armed with a lawyer, ER, MRI, etc, but was shot down when no injuries were found) - Ds smiling because they think the earlier win meant they're in the clear, but MM tells them just because there were no injuries this time doesn't mean they did no wrong - they need to control their dog (and brat), and to reinforce her flapping gums MM awards a grand to Missy Piggy
  • kitchen reno fail: P hired D to redo kitchen, but isn't happy with cabinets - says they are too small because D measured wrong - wants $2500 refund..... D denies the 'too small' claim, says what P complained about was one cabinet having a door he didn't like (well, says P came into his business and threw a tantrum) - says after the fit in the showroom he refused to work with P, says kitchen has been installed and P is using it, so no way should he get refund  - countersuit for a grand..... ok, seems D is the cabinet builder, and someone else installed them - P paid D total of $3329 ....so, P wants something like 75% of that back -  even assuming cabinet totally wrong, I don't see that happening....... if I understand what P is saying, he gave D a hand drawn layout - pretty good drawing, too, & he tells MM the measurements he wanted and even what some of what he planned to keep in the various cabinets) - sounds like some of the upper cabinets were for displaying his special pots and pans (not sure of his actual training, but according to intro he's a chef), one cabinet was for his multiple kitchenaide mixers with all the attachments, etc etc..... ok, whether or not this guy can mix crystal lite powder and make lemonade, sure sounds serious (and picky) about how he expected his kitchen..... ok, first attempt cabinets delivered wrong color, so installer sends those back - next delivery one of the cabinets is 8 inches too small..... ok, that's a biggy, but who measured that - installer sitting on P side as witness, so you'd think we're going to see evidence of who measured what..... nah, not a question of measuring wrong - seems there was gas pipe or something which code wouldn't permit them to cover - at first P wanted an open cabinet there, then D says P decided on no cabinet...... wonder if this change order was written down as sounds like this is the problem source...... another complaint, on one of lower cabinets, when you close door you see part of frame..... I'm with MM here, that sounds like an installer problem - there's always a fudge factor built in - pretty much has to be as it's rare for a reno to be done in a perfectly straight and square space - MM administers a little wrist slap as P gets a little worked up and starts to talk over her when she asks about possible installer problem..... next problem has to do with fridge, but by now I'm tired of listening to P nitpicking - not that he's wrong to expect to get what he paid for, but I'm going to let MM wade through this stuff as they start in on another cabinet which wasn't exactly like P wanted, but P accepted it anyway and had installer install..... P getting revved up again and arguing with MM, but I'm getting ready to call it and looks like MM is ready to rule..... oops, forgot the countersuit - apparently D originally supplied some stuff at no charge, but now wants to charge because of he is getting sued - nope, not happening...... rough justice time - P gets $138 and countersuit dismissed...... think the $138 dealt with the fridge surround but not going back to see...... one thing from hallterview - I thought P's witness was the installer, but turns out just morale support as P tells Doug he should have brought the installer to refute what D and MM were saying - uh, yeah, maybe so - wouldn't surprise me to learn he and installer are no longer 9n best of terms -
  • bad boat sale: p bought used 44yo boat, now wants $3756.86 cuz it turned out engine was bad..... D says engine was fine, he ran it for P before the sale, no telling what P might have done after taking delivery....... same old as-is hoopty type case but on water, with complaint coming a year after the sale...... suggesting to me P may not have properly winterized boat.... even if D gave a warranty, he'd be crazy to have it last over the winter...... one thing that quickly comes out is that P is suing for more than he paid for boat - second, P bought boat without putting it in the water (though he did make sure engine started) - and third, not his first boat buy, having purchased maybe a half dozen over the years...... yep, just like folks buying old used hoopty with wheels, dude may have been better served to save up and buy a better hoopty...... ok, professionally winterized (guessing that's why he's asking more than he paid D) and stored for winter - still not having put it in water to see if it floats and can run around the lake under own power...... actually, his testimony is he waits til mid July before he gets it wet, which makes me wonder why he even bought it..... if I wanted a boat I might buy in fall or winter when previous owners want to sell before spending to winterize and store their boats, but I'd put in the water before purchase...... not only does P wait til July, but his testimony today doesn't match his statement (thinking of the old 'tell the truth and you don't need a good memory' line) - today he says engine sputtered and ran rough after an hour of use first time he put it in water, in statement it ran for an hour or two before oil came gushing out the 1st or 2nd time it got wet....... if P was a little more entertaining I might watch, but his delivering has already put Silly Cat to sleep and I'm starting to nod off..... ah, as so many times in past, just as I'm getting fed up with a litigant MM switches sides - some chuckles from D side, but not enough to wake Silly - think he'll nap until I shut down tv and get a cup of coffee and open door so he can chase leaves for awhile (my cats are inside only, though Silly likes to go out with me for supervised outings)..... well, sounds like there was some tax cheating as sale price is blank on bill of sale and these two don't agree on what purchase price was....... doesn't change fact that this was AS-IS sale and boat was in buyer's possession going on 10 months before he noticed a problem..... if that isn't enough, what bill of sale does say is that this was an AS-IS sale - MM must have needed to fill some little time, so takes time to explain what AS-IS on a bill of sale means, and dufus little is STILL arguing his case...... oh well, zip zip,  com'on Sil, the wind is blowing all the bestest leaves away
Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 1

kitchen reno fail: P hired D to redo kitchen, but isn't happy with cabinets - says they are too small because D measured wrong - wants $2500 refund..

This guy making sure we know about his two Kitchen Aid mixers (red and gray), his All Clad and "La Coste" cookware (I think he meant Le Crueset) and his surgery recovery in Paris... we get it, dude.  You're fancy.

Edited by patty1h
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

And did I hear her say that she got him an interview for a job as a "security guard."  He just got out of PRISON - I'm pretty sure that would be a deal breaker right there.

And she was going to help him get his GED. Why didn't he get a GED during his 6 years in prison; don't they have special programs just for that? At least we can be thankful they didn't reproduce.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Broderbits said:

And she was going to help him get his GED. Why didn't he get a GED during his 6 years in prison;

Cuz he was too busy pumping iron so that he'd look good while sleeping on the stoop when gramps wouldn't let his (still) unemployed a$$ inside to sleep on the couch

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Miss Dog Attack had a puffy left wrist....she claimed it was from the attack two years ago but I suspect she had Chinese food the night before.  That MSG is a killer.  Scammer.

Loved the fancy chef.  Don't tell him but I have two Kitchen Aide mixers too although they're not prominently displayed in my kitchen - they're stored in the lower level of our house.  And he probably got them the way I did - cleaning out deceased relatives homes and having no one to give them to.  They're so big, so heavy they're a nuisance but I just can't throw them away.  Sentimental fool I am.

Thurston Howell wannabe.  Bought this 'as is' boat to use as a vessel to get to his bigger boat.  Wow.  Maybe he should pair up with the fancy chef and the two of them could sail, cook and bore each other to death.  

And the whole "as is" definition...I'm with Silly Cat.  Chasing leaves would be much more entertaining.  

3 hours ago, patty1h said:

This guy making sure we know about his two Kitchen Aid mixers (red and gray), his All Clad and "La Coste" cookware (I think he meant Le Crueset) and his surgery recovery in Paris... we get it, dude.  You're fancy.

That was my feeling at first, but then I heard he's a caterer. If this kitchen is where he receives potential customers, I understand why he would want them to see he is fully equipped for the jobs, even big ones. But he was completely unreasonable and should not even have got back a dime from what the paid the other guy.

And if he confuses a kitchen cookware brand and the one on his shirts or sweaters, then I would not trust him with any event I am planning to host.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 1

What stunned me in the kitchen cabinet case was the gas meter up by the ceiling.    That seems like a terrible idea.  

To me the biggest factor in the dog/puffy wrist case is the woman was on blood thinners.  Bruises in that case would be a bad issue.  And any scratch or scrape can be a serious issue. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

TPC doesn't come on here until 3 pm, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be pre-empted for impeachment hearings.  😞

My TPC and Hot Bench were spared as they're on an independent station - but no JJ as that's on my NBC channel

22 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Thurston Howell wannabe.  Bought this 'as is' boat to use as a vessel to get to his bigger boat.  Wow.  Maybe he should pair up with the fancy chef and the two of them could sail, cook and bore each other to death.

😄 I haven't been seeing this or JJ lately due to the hearings but still enjoy the comments!

• Love 1

The first case today had a son suing his father for totaling the son's car while doing errands.  The dad was scary - he had some kind of mouth tic which caused him to continuously make this disturbing face that was a grinning nightmare, like he was possessed.  Sample Evil Grin

UPDATE:  The PC website has the cases for this week.  You can see a quick clip of the son/dad if you click on Nov. 20.  

Edited by patty1h
added a sentence to explain the GIF
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, patty1h said:

The dad was scary - he had some kind of mouth tic which caused him to continuously make this disturbing face like he was possessed. 

Agree, I am pretty sure that dad is a miserable person to be around, but his son is trying to take care of his kids (if I heard correctly his wife recently died) in a difficult situation.

Meanwhile, the last case included another lying smoker who honestly only smoked in his non smoking apartment once, really just once. While the landlord said that he had caught the plaintiff smoking repeatedly, he also fortunately brought evidence of the smoke residue, pictures and a receipt from the company that pulled their van with hoses and cleaning gear up next to the house to get the gunk off the walls and floors. The smoker confirmed that he is a complete lying jerk in the hallterview,  even after the judge had explained that he actually owed both the cost of the cleanup (which was more than his security deposit) and one more month's rent that the defendant did not counter sue for.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

😄 I haven't been seeing this or JJ lately due to the hearings but still enjoy the comments!

No joke Angela.

I was waiting for him to say that he and "Lovey" were aghast at the thought of getting their feet wet in the dud boat.  That he bought for less than two grand.

Still can't figure out why the defendant had a posse with him...do you think TPC paid for all the assorted hangers-on?

3 hours ago, patty1h said:

UPDATE:  The PC website has the cases for this week.  You can see a quick clip of the son/dad if you click on Nov. 20.

Okay. Thanks. Now I don't feel so bad about missing this. 😬 "Grinning nightmare" is apt.

1 hour ago, PsychoKlown said:

I was waiting for him to say that he and "Lovey" were aghast at the thought of getting their feet wet in the dud boat.  That he bought for less than two grand.

This, I'm still sorry to not have seen Thurston Howell III and Lovey in their BeaterCraft.

We caught a break between the two sessions of impeachment hearings today.

3 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Agree, I am pretty sure that dad is a miserable person to be around, but his son is trying to take care of his kids (if I heard correctly his wife recently died) in a difficult situation.

The son was an idiot to trust his father, who already had a history of multiple accidents.  "He promised he wouldn't get in the accident."  Like anyone, anywhere, ever knows if they'll get in a wreck.  But the dad was a nasty, nasty piece of work.  I know the son's in a tough spot, but he should find someone else to help him with his kids.  Why on earth did the son not get an estimate, either for repairs or to have it totaled?  

And then because he gets sued, the father throws in a bullshit countersuit about something that may or may not have happened in 2015.

What?  MM says intervening in a dysfunctional family is not her business?  How many times has she, inappropriately, made it her business??

The plumbing plaintiff was selfish for booking two contractors for the same work, like their time doesn't matter.  She chased away Roto-Rooter, who showed up first, because they were more expensive.  I didn't think the defendant's company was necessarily incompetent, just came to a different assessment than the eventual contractor.

MM, if you don't want people calling you "ma'am" or other horrors, don't address litigants as "sweetheart."  Respect goes both ways.

4 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Meanwhile, the last case included another lying smoker who honestly only smoked in his non smoking apartment once, really just once.

Smokers never think they are dirtying the walls, the furniture, clothes, or other people's lungs.  I have a neighbor who smokes, who is outraged that her next door neighbor doesn't like the smoke drifting across their patio (it's a duplex, so they're attached).

Buddy, the two crosses hanging ostentatiously around your neck won't protect you from lung cancer and COPD.  And he didn't get the part that the smoking was irrelevant since he didn't pay August rent and they didn't countersue.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, meowmommy said:

MM, if you don't want people calling you "ma'am" or other horrors, don't address litigants as "sweetheart."  Respect goes both ways.

So true.  

I have lost count how many times JM has addressed people as "sweetheart" and not always because it's habit.  Many a time she has called someone that out of pure sarcasm.

Also count how many times she says "My daughter......." and then goes on to tell a tale (usually very long) about something she deems cutesy that happened with her daughters.

I dunno, with all the weirdos and whackos occupying space on this earth I would be less than gung ho to reveal tidbits of my personal life.  

Sometimes the humans baffle me.

2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Also count how many times she says "My daughter......." and then goes on to tell a tale (usually very long) about something she deems

Yeah, that gets old...... it's not at all like me  talking about my Sillycat 🐱😼😉😉

Edited by SRTouch
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Yeah, that gets old...... it's not at all like me  talking about my Sillycat 🐱😼😉😉

Hey.  I'm Team Sillycat.

I watch youtube videos of cats and dogs.   I enjoy laughing at their antics and after a day or week of foolish humans, I welcome the joy they bring.

Edited by PsychoKlown
Never mind.
12 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Same here, I can usually figure out dogs but cats are another world.

Especially my new kitten, Lucy. So much cat communication is watching their ears react to sound. Lucy confounds my years of learning 'Cat' by being deaf.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Yet another almost married breakup where mingled finances/spending turn into loans: difference here being that after 3 month relationship, dude left gf pregnant and is now baby daddy who has yet to see the baby, P wants $3739.69...... da bumdeadbeat daddy, defendant says typical relationship where sometimes she paid for stuff, sometimes he did, never talk of loans until he moved out....... hope deadbeat baby daddy is being sued in another court for support.... doesn't take much for MM to establish these two should have never produced a child - mommy was, and still is, unemployed - when they hooked up and he moved in she was collecting unemployment and living off a "small settlement" from an auto accident - he was working security and making, I'm guessing, peanuts. Dude must've  just watched Roadhouse, cuz he had a hankering for a fancy car - couldn't find a Benz so settled for BMW - but had to borrow money from Granny and P, then ended up parking it when he couldn't afford insurance..... I call BS, when has not having insurance stopped a litigant from driving their hoopty - I think he was following Dalton's (ya know, Swayze's character in the movie) idea and leaving the fancy car in storage - ok, maybe it didn't run...... soooooo ok, brand new mommy and baby daddy only lived together 3 months, mommy scraping by on a settlement and unemployment, but wants us to believe she managed to loan da'bum almost 4 grand in that period - uh huh, sure - when MM asks WTH were you thinking, broke just barely making it and loaning baby daddy all this money, lame answer is this was her first baby..... huh, isn't that reason NOT to throw money around - maybe she means she was so desperate to hang onto loser daddy she was trying to buy his affection..... oh & part of her claim is for tickets..... not with his fancy ride, seems he drove her car to his job (still following Dalton's plan of driving a junker to the club instead of his fancy ride)....... oh, my, not even 5 minutes in and I'm having a hoot with this one - camera just swung over to D as P says the fancy ride is probably still in granny's back yard and MM is poking fun - dude does not look happy...... ok, switch to defendant to ask about the tickets - best he has is some of those tickets are from when she drove him to work and hung out with him...... dude, really, that makes you sound even worse - unless you can prove which tickets are hers, you're admitting some are yours and leaving it up to judge to determine the split - and so far you're not exactly a sympathetic litigant (mommy may be irresponsible and dumb as a rock, but she gets sympathy just from being left with the baby)....... uh oh, not only is D looking bad on everything else, turns out his sideline is as a 😤😤😤 backyard breeder, and broke a$$ mommy to be loaned him money for doggy momma's C-section..... uhhuh, why am I not surprised to hear D say part of why he needed money from broke-a$$ unemployed mommy-to-be was that he is a felon with "legal issues."........ yeah, becoming more of a cliche by the minute, expect MM will be wearing counselor hat any second now....... ooooookkkkkk, this is just getting ridiculous - seems pregnant broke a$$ mommy-to-be and the felon with the legal issues and broke backyard 'bully' breeder with no money for vet care and the fancy ride he can't drive,  decided to go into a time share together  (don't forget, these idjits were only shacking up together for 3 months)...... oops, turns out she loaned him money to buy a BMW as a parts car for his other BMW..... ok, next we hear MM talk about tear drop tattoo and which gang D belonged to (he denies any gang affliation, he says he just likes tattoos) & I zip ahead..... I start listening again and MM is lecturing about fact baby daddy has yet to see the now 2 week old baby daughter..... zip zip...... oh my, seems somebody thought it would be a good idea to have daddy see baby for first time here on national tv while mommy is suing daddy, so baby is brought into courtroom  - dude probably shows more interest in puppies as they might bring in the $$$ - at first he doesn't even look at the baby..... time for MM to urge baby momma to pursue support (not sure where daddy will get any money if he can't even take care of vet bills for his breeding😤operation) ok, I got fed up with the stupidity as MM goes through the list of damages and trims some stuff, leaving P to receive $2824.74 ...... case ran 30 minutes
  • neighbor's tree dropped limb on new car: well: heading pretty much says it all, P wants $1500 after neighbor's tree dropped a limb........ defense a little different than I expected - seems D hired someone to trim her tree, and D says that's who P should go after......... whoa, after dumb and dumber in first case, first impression of these two is a breath of fresh air....... hmmmmm seems tree guy was there working that day, so pretty straight forward he caused damage even though branch does look dead in pic - only question I have is whether P collects from D or her hired help (intro said tree company is insured) - my initial thought would be that tree company was working as D's agent, but always thought it kind of silly to sue D who would then just turn around and sue tree company...... ok, both litigants all polite and apologetic here in court - wonder where tree company rep fits in - looking at the pix I would think D could be a regular customer, so not sure why tree company didn't just take care of the $1500 before it got to court...... ah, seems there is a new element to the question - tree company WAS there working, but not in area near property line where P was parked..... this is hearsay from both these litigants, wish tree company rep was here to answer - actually, though, now I understand why P is suing this defendant as the property owner rather than the tree company - the branch certainly seems to have come from her tree - my question now is whether this was a living branch (looks dead in pic) trimmer cut, a dead branch that fell as trimmer worked, or was it a dead branch hung up in tree for awhile that finally fell while tree guy was waaay over yonder...... MM certainly is letting a lot of cross-aisle talking slide...... ok, back to pix - does NOT look like fresh cut limb - oh, and D admits a month or so back a different tree fell onto a different neighbor's car (backing up a bit, these trees border a co-op parking lot and everybody agrees this is 2nd car damaged within a short time period)..... ok, this is going want I thought when I saw the dead branch - if this was first time D's tree shed and damaged a neighbors' vehicle I'd say it was an 'act of God' - however, with the other car being damaged a month or two earlier I think D was put on notice and should have had her trees checked for dead limbs....... both sides agree tree guy abrupt and 'angry' and didn't want to talk - apparently even told P that D still owed him money (she did say at one point that she paid him alot, maybe even too much)..... hhhoooookkkkk, decision time coming so time for MM to wax poetic about the good old days and how folks used to get along trying not to make waves - she apparently goes on and on, but I zipped through most of her soliloquy........ anyway, MM says P right to sue D, and later D can go after the tree guy - P awarded her almost  $1500...... and we have a kumbaya moment when litigants hug and MM rushes over for a 3-way group hug and everyone thanking everyone...... litigants come out for joint hallterview and head around to sign those all important papers with arms still on each other's shoulders
Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 4

In the neighbor's car nailed by tree branch, I was shocked at how much branch removal cost the plaintiff, $4k.   The defendant reminded me of some 50's era actress.    Then, there was the big hug by both women, and MM coming off the bench to join in.    

• Love 3

Yet another almost married breakup where mingled finances/spending turn into loans: 

This was so distasteful and so repugnant I just skimmed it. A 29-year-old woman thinks the way to "better my future" is to hook up some arrogant, ill-tempered loser who thinks he's a hot property, have him move in, support him totally and give him all kinds of money even though she's unemployed and living on unemployment benefits. She got some kind of settlement from an accident, so feels she should give it all to him so he'll fall madly in love with her he can buy a silver BMW he can't even drive cuz, well, no insurance and stuff like that. THEN, she gets knocked up in the first month he lives with her. No, she never thought about using birth control. Why would she do that? She's only 29 so maybe she's not too sure about the birds and bees thing. Did he use condoms? Ha! As if. real studs don't use condoms! He crows about his amazing ability to make a baby, as though that's some incredible and admirable feat.  As JJ says, guppies can make babies. Big deal. Sadly, this baby daddy is also baby daddy to  more than one other blessed event, even though he can't keep a job. I guess plaintiff thought it would be different with her. Good luck to her getting child support. Her lover-boy showed close to zero interest in the newest fruit of his loins when the baby was brought in. Super-stud just makes them and his job is done. It was all so depressing and ugly. Poor, poor little baby hasn't got much a of chance.

neighbor's tree dropped limb on new car: well:

Eye bleach case! So nice and rare to see litigants who can all speak properly and behave in a civil manner, just like real human beings. Wow. How unusual. So unusual, so rare was it that JM came down from the bench to engage in a group hug with the litigants. I loved it, and loved it even more after the first nauseating, sordid case.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The defendant reminded me of some 50's era actress.

She did. One of the Gabor sisters, maybe?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SRTouch said:

ok, next we hear MM talk about tear drop tattoo and which gang D belonged to (he denies any gang affliation, he says he just likes tattoos) & I zip ahead.....

Found a different definition in the Urban Dictionary:

The teardrop tattoo is humiliating as the prisoner had the tattoo forced onto them and it may also indicate they're someone else's property, to be sold and traded throughout the penitentiary.

An urban myth exists in some circles that the teardrop means the wearer is a murderer; this myth was likely started by those that have been raped and 'teardropped' in prison.

No wonder defendant didn't want to give MM a reason for the tattoo.

oh my, seems somebody thought it would be a good idea to have daddy see baby for first time here on national tv while mommy is suing daddy, so baby is brought into courtroom

What is this, goddamn Maury Povich?  If I didn't assume Levin's not right there during filming, I'd put this squarely on him.

That baby is probably cursed for life.

my initial thought would be that tree company was working as D's agent, but always thought it kind of silly to sue D who would then just turn around and sue tree company

Couldn't she have named both of them, and let the judge sort out who's liable?  Although, since apparently the arborist was angry, he would have ruined the good karma in this case.

44 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

So nice and rare to see litigants who can all speak properly and behave in a civil manner, just like real human beings. Wow. How unusual.

It's rather sad that the English language has fallen into such misuse that two people employing it correctly is considered an anomaly.

I'm confused by the presumption that the limb supposedly cracked and fell on its own at the exact same time the arborist was there.  

Who decides what's in the coming ups?  I FF through them, but I still see them.  Why would you spoil the kumbaya moment by previewing it ahead of the commercial?  Morons!

21 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Also count how many times she says "My daughter......." and then goes on to tell a tale (usually very long) about something she deems cutesy that happened with her daughters.

Weren't you prescient yesterday?  Since she did it again today!

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I'm confused by the presumption that the limb supposedly cracked and fell on its own at the exact same time the arborist was there.  

Well, when the judge showed the close up picture and pointed out that the limb looked like it wasn't cut, the broken ends were jagged and splintered, not sawed off, I understand the judge's point. This still could have been caused by the arborist working next to it, but who knows.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

This still could have been caused by the arborist working next to it, but who knows.

That's kinda where I was going.  It seemed awfully coincidental, particularly in the absence of known tree disease or an adverse weather event.

• Love 1

I hope that one of these times the D who had to pay up actually comes back to the PC to sue the person who is REALLY at fault.  Even the P knew she should have sued the tree company and I feel like she just sued the homeowner because it would be easier to collect from her.  A million times we hear ‘you’re suing the wrong person’....I think that was the case here.  Given what we know about his attitude, my guess is that some of his  ‘cleanup’ involved tossing stuff over the edge and or where the homeowner wouldn’t see it.  

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

That baby is probably cursed for life.

No kidding. Look at her parents. What chance does she have, just being an "Oops" side effect/bargaining chip result of the boinking between a dumb, desperate fool and a nitwitted, horny loser with a love of old beater BMWs?

The teardrop tattoo is humiliating as the prisoner had the tattoo forced onto them and it may also indicate they're someone else's property, to be sold and traded throughout the penitentiary.

I have a feeling that may be the case. Def didn't strike me as an Al Capone/ gangster type. 😄

24 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

It's rather sad that the English language has fallen into such misuse that two people employing it correctly is considered an anomaly.

Terribly sad but this is truly what it has come to, just like a kid should now get a huge "hotel" party the single parent can't afford as a reward for accomplishing the incredible feat of graduating grade school. I get so excited when I hear someone who can speak his/her own language, but remain on pins and needles just waiting for a "had came" or "I seen" to creep in.

26 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Weren't you prescient yesterday?  Since she did it again today!

I was so elated during the second case I forgot about that. Her daughters are all total "social justice warriors"? I wouldn't brag about that. I just hope their platform for this war they wage isn't the mindless, shrill and sheep-like world of Tumbler where everyone is an SJW, perpetually offended and made uncomfortable by everything, but I fear it might be.

• Love 4
  1. mom sues daughter: mom came into some money and decided to share her windfall with her kids, & gives each a grand. Problem is, one kid, the defendant daughter, accepts the gift but decides mom owes her big time - see mom was just the birth mom, once she had a kid she farmed them out - in hallterview daughter says she doesn't owe mom anything because mom wasn't around when she growing up. Not sure who raised the daughter, but she says mom wasn't in her life until she hit 14, and then they didn't really reconnect until daughter was 17-18. D harbors lots of resentment towards mom, and says mom favors a couple of her siblings who were raised by their grandparents - not said, but I got feeling mom stayed in those offsprings' lives while daughter was out of touch.... anyway, after first grand, which mom admits was a gift, daughter comes back asking for more - 1st another grand for a veeHICkle, then later a loan to pay rent to avoid eviction. Mom says she loaned the money for the truck and they worked out a payment plan (which is what she's suing for) but she wanted collateral when asked for rent money. So, daughter gives mom her debit card and password, but mom decides to call the bank and learns account suspended/closed. Big kerfuffle when Mom doesn't go through with the rent loan. Daughter's defense is there was never a loan for the truck, says she used gift grand to buy truck and that was all the money mom gave her. Problem is that a couple of her 'favored' siblings - who apparently now live with /sponge off mom, sent affidavits supporting mom's version..... you can tell MM wanted another kumbaya moment, she asks about who reached out to who when they reconnefted, etc, but gives up when she realizes these two really have no connection. MM cuts short the case - as only evidence is the two siblings' affadavits supporting mom daughter is ordered to pay.
  2. Guinea pig non profit scam: who knew there was such a thing as show guinea pigs and what a big deal they can be.... heck, not only are there big guinea pig shows and get togethers, turns out that, according to Google, there are 12 different breeds...... and of course, once the hoomins start big time shows with champion this and best of show that, the animals cease to be beloved companions and become disposable merchandise...... at first the case seems to be about good hearted rescue folks who take in the discards from the show circuit that would otherwise be euthanized and find them forever homes - as case goes on it comes out that both sides stop being kind hearted volunteers and turn into scammers who are accepting the discarded animals and turning it unto a business where they get so much profit per animal adopted out..... I was already headed towards that conclusion when D admitted helping P fudge the adoption numbers as various groups give P's non profit so much per adoption...... 😲😤😤 ok, sounds like these folks may still end up doing some good, but I'm disgusted with what I'm hearing..... geez, P may regret filing this case as D details for the tv audience how the they all conspired to run this scam...... ok, even if we accept everything D says as gospel, she still owes P money - problem, from what I heard, nobody really knows how much - time for rough justice - MM decides to half the number P claims to have given D to adopt out and awards P $990 out of nearly 4 grand P sued for (P is Paula Briggs, who runs Little Angels Animal Sanctuary in NY  which I plan to Google after last case)
  3. auto repair shop damage: p says she took car with AC problem to D's shop, and when she picked it up there's body damage, wants $3500....... D says he doesn't know when/how car was damaged - admits it was parked on street outside shop, so might have been sideswiped while in his care - says he offered to fix damage, but P threw fit when told he would need car for a couple days to make repairs, so she sued - says her estimate is crazy as car only worth  $2200....... ok, this looks to be all about the numbers - when customer noticed damage shop owner agreed to fix it, but P says when she brought it in to be fixed D had changed his mind and offered to refund cost if AC repair ($200) instead of repairing body damage - P says no way, and I agree, pretty much any body work will cost more than $200 - so, when P won't accept the $200 D says bring it back later so my friend can look and see what he'd charge - P leaves, comes back when told to, and now is when D wants her to leave car for work days - she says no, needs car to get back and forth to work, she wants a rental/loaner - nope, d won't provide loaner/reantal - this is when P gives up on D..... D admits he's liable, his deal is he offered to have it fixed but no loaner - her estimate is for $2528 (and tacked on extra grand for aggravation) - his estimate is 1265...... ok, we've seen this before and customer can choose where to get car repaired as long as it's reasonable (and, right or wrong, she doesn't trust D's body guy)........ ok, forget D's theory of a shopping cart full of empty cans doing what we see in the pix - looking at damage I don't find her estimate out of line - I say give her the estimate or kbb of car if it's less than estimate....... MM picks a figure somewhere between the two estimates  (2 grand, so closer to her $2500  than his $1300)
Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 4