Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

What about the mini-infomercials DURING shows now? Plexaderm (or Dermaplex or whatever facial Polyfilla) every day. Thank goodness for the gifts of DVRs, Mute, and FF. Without them I would never, ever watch anything at all.  I admit it does give me some small "Ha ha! Take that!" satisfaction that no one is watching the interminable, blaring, vulgar, distasteful ads anymore because I'm petty like that.

Lol. I also get the ones for Dr. Ho and the Magic Pillow.

Maybe advertisers aren't paying as much these days and they have to pad the shows to earn the same revenue?  I don't know.

When the Big Bang Theory was on, in later seasons, the actual show time was clocking in at under 20 minutes, because they had to add commercials to help pay the high salaries of the cast.  They were still losing money for the initial airings, but knew they would make it up in syndication.

• Love 2
(edited)

Really, what are we getting of the cases? Fifteen, twenty minutes?

You're right, most if not all of the prime time shows are heavy on commercials in addition to the blatant padding such as repeating the last 2 or 3 minutes of the show before a commercial break right after the break as if we can't remember what happened three minutes ago. Interesting enough, a few years ago I collected complete sets of two classic TV shows from the early sixties ("12 O'clock High" and "Combat!". I edited out the commercials (but left in any filler such as before and after bumpers around the commercial breaks as well as complete credits). It was striking that the 30 minute show had a consistent 25 minutes of show (+/- 20 seconds) and the one hour show consistently came in at 50 minutes (same +/-); also a full season was 30+ episodes. When I have bothered to time recent prime time shows they almost all run close to twenty minutes of commercials per hour episode (including network plugs for other shows), and this doesn't count the gimmick of shrinking down any credits to put in additional ads.

Edited by DoctorK
clarification
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

I collected complete sets of two classic TV shows from the early sixties ("12 O'clock High" and "Combat!". I edited out the commercials (but left in any filler such as before and after bumpers around the commercial breaks as well as complete credits). It was striking that the 30 minute show had a consistent 25 minutes of show (+/- 20 seconds) and the one hour show consistently came in at 50 minutes

Yes. I used to watch the old shows on some commercial-free satellite channel and 50 minutes of an hour-long show was the norm. I think one, maybe a Western, was even 55! Now, when I watch those old shows on ad-heavy MeTV, they are crudely "edited" and lately they are even cutting the actors off before they have finished a complete sentence to order to squeeze in more "Ask your doctor!" commercials.  Who knew that governments would end up being the biggest legitimized drug dealers around?

Alfred Hitchcock detested commercials and always made snide cracks about them at the beginning of his shows. Imagine what he would think now when his half-hour shows are probably butchered to 16 minutes total?

23 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

repeating the last 2 or 3 minutes of the show before a commercial break right after the break as if we can't remember what happened three minutes ago.

If you can't DVR a show these days, you really ARE in danger of forgetting what happened last before the intrusion of 15 commercials in a row. I made the mistake of trying to watch a few eps of the Walking Dead live, and I really did forget the scene that came before the dizzying, endless ads started. I gave up and just watched it later.

In a show like TPC, (they do it on JJ as well) the repetition is puzzling and stupid, and that comes after at least a minute of freeze-frame of the litigants while Levin yaps on and on to remind us of the particulars of the case. TeeVee is becoming more frustrating than anything.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Now, when I watch those old shows on ad-heavy MeTV, they are crudely "edited" and lately they are even cutting the actors off

Since I am not collecting any shows any more, I hadn't noticed MeTV doing this, the shows I referenced above were all recorded from MeTV and recorded and edited digitally, so I guess this is just another formerly reliable provider sadly giving in to greed (and sloppiness).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, aemom said:

Lol. I also get the ones for Dr. Ho and the Magic Pillow

Oh, hell - I forgot about the uber-annoying Pillow Pimp and HIS mini-infomercials. 😄 I get him during TPC as well, over and over.

22 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

Since I am not collecting any shows any more, I hadn't noticed MeTV doing this,

It didn't used to be like this, but it's still much better than most channels and they do show the opening and end credits full-screen instead of making them microscopic to cram more ads in.  

Interesting

• Love 3

I went to my brother's for dinner last night. He wanted to show me around his big workshop. I pointed to some piece of equipment and asked what it was.

"It's a compressor", he said.

I just couldn't control myself and yelled, " COMPRESSOR?? He hardly knew 'er!"

It's kind of ruined when you have to explain.

• LOL 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I went to my brother's for dinner last night. He wanted to show me around his big workshop. I pointed to some piece of equipment and asked what it was.

Further proof that these shows rot our brains.😊 just to clarify, I am responding to the whole post, doing it from my tablet is a bit squirrelly.

Edited by DoctorK
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Further proof that these shows rot our brains.😊 just to clarify, I am responding to the whole post, doing it from my tablet is a bit squirrelly.

"To be completely honest witchyoo", I didn't even want to say it. I felt this pressure inside my skull and it just had to come out.

• LOL 2

The People's Court timeslot in my area has been filled with some talk show called The Lee and Hayley Show. I haven't watched it but from looking it up it appears to be some upstart kind of show that's trying to go national.  TPC reruns haven't been moved to any other time so I'm hoping this change is temporary or that it finds a new timeslot locally when the new season starts.

Come September, when all of the daytime shows move around, it might get interesting this year.    

I'm watching the rerun of "Wig War", where the woman bought a wig that is hideous.    What she wanted was bozo orangey red, with gold tips, and the gold goes up the middle of the back of the wig. It looks like someone set her hair on fire.     Her super long false eyelashes are horrible.   

However, the defendant's wall of wigs on those styrofoam heads is so funny.    The defendant does some of them wigs and hairpieces for the housewives on the Atlanta bravo show.  

The rerun of "Neighbor Nightmare", where the defendant wife hit the vinyl fence post on plaintiff's property,  The is the defendant man who doesn't talk to women, and refuses to allow his wife to participate.   Defendant's wife has zero emotion on her face through this, and had no expression on her face at all.     So defendant man says all of this, and ends up on a court show with a woman judge?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/19/2021 at 4:55 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Case 3, two more plaintiffs who are suing their former landlord for $1,000.   Landlord says plaintiffs got into spat with a former neighbor, and landlord had to use security to replace all of the windows.    Plaintiff says the entirely smashed window was from when he was moving a couch, and he just left it that way.    Plaintiffs moved to a better rental house, and were month to month, gave less than a month's notice to landlord.     For once, defendant/landlord wins. 

Anyone want to speculate on what current landlord said when they watched this show, and saw the massive damages to the defendant's house? 

I didn't see this the first time around. Plaintiffs looked and sounded like challenged 12-year-olds who should be living with mommies and daddies. Why sure, plaintiff admits he smashed a window. So? He tried picking out all the shards of glass from the frame, but wasn't quite successful so he just left it that way. Isn't that okay? I kind of doubt he would know which end of a hammer to grip.  He had to remove a door to bring a sofa in, but I guess he couldn't figure out how to put it back the way it was or just couldn't be bothered, so he just left that too.  That house looked like a tornado had hit it. Landlords are rich so why should these two dumbos fix any of the damage they left? The thought that they will probably breed is depressing.

23K for a party? Well, if you're 80 years old, why not? Have fun with your money. You can't take it with you.

• Love 1

Today's cases seemed to be from the future (My DVR said "Sept 17/2021) and I never saw them or have no memory of them, which really means nothing considering my memory.

Anyway, P is suing his former boyfriend for nearly 8K, which he says was stolen from his place by D. He had nearly 8K of electronics and jewelry - all gifts from his adoring friends/family/fans - swiped while he was incarcerated. JM wants to know why he was in the slammer? Well, maybe for something like 'failure to appear'." Failure to appear for what charge? "Umm, maybe could be something like driving with no license or insurance or... something like that. Maybe." Seems he was dealing drugs. He didn't know there was a warrant out for him. Def denies stealing P's car. The vehickle must have followed him when he returned to South Carolina since it was found there.

JM wants to know if he had been arrested for any felonies? Could be, but ONLY one! Who can remember all their arrests? Not I.

Since all this happened 6 years ago it's way past the two-year statute of limitations so I don't know why these two ridiculous clowns are even here.

Still, the burning question to which we got no answer is: "Can a drug dealer actually sue you when he don't have no receipts?"

Since the case was dismissed I guess we'll never know. Hmph.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

"Can a drug dealer actually sue you when he don't have no receipts?"

One of the greatest legal questions of the 21st century. We wait with bated breath for the Supreme Court to weigh in on this.

• LOL 5

I hate mysteries and I am determined to find the answer.

bookworm.gif

I do recall on one People's Court episode that Judge Milian almost fell off her bench laughing as the plaintiff was trying to sue the defendant for something like being shortchanged on a drug transaction.  Talk about "unclean hands"!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I am determined to find the answer.

It is not like we haven't heard losing litigants saying they were going to take it to the Supreme Court. Sadly, we haven't heard any follow up on how well that went.

Edited by DoctorK
spelling
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

It is not like we haven't heard losing litigants saying they were going to take it to the Supreme Court. Sadly, we haven't heard any follow up on how well that went.

I remember one on JJ. A dragon momma was simply "devastated" that the extremely inappropriate high school prom dress made for her daughter wasn't good enough and didn't get her money back here. "It's not fair!" she bellowed. "I'm going to another court!" I wonder how that turned out. JJ did wish her luck in her quest.

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I remember one on JJ. A dragon momma was simply "devastated" that the extremely inappropriate high school prom dress made for her daughter wasn't good enough and didn't get her money back here. "It's not fair!" she bellowed. "I'm going to another court!" I wonder how that turned out. JJ did wish her luck in her quest.

Ah yes the skinny cut out see through dresses made for less by a seamstress. What could possibly go wrong??

• LOL 1

The agreement that every participant signs for TPC, JJ, etc. says that they give up all rights to appeal, or refile.    So the ones who say "This isn't the end of my case" are wrong. 

There was at least one case that appeared on JJ, then appeared on TPC, and were apparently filmed before the other show aired.   It was about a sister and sneaker purchases for siblings, on JJ she lost, on TPC she won, but it never should have been aired.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There was at least one case that appeared on JJ, then appeared on TPC, and were apparently filmed before the other show aired.   It was about a sister and sneaker purchases for siblings, on JJ she lost, on TPC she won, but it never should have been aired.  

So, I'm assuming the defendant won on JJ.  Why didn't they say that in the answer to the complaint?

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It was about a sister and sneaker purchases for siblings, on JJ she lost, on TPC she won, but it never should have been aired.  

Yeah, I remember that. JJ tricked her into revealing her lies. She learned something from that and went on to TPC. JM bought her story, felt sorry for her and found in her favour.

• Love 2
On 8/22/2021 at 12:05 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Yeah, I remember that. JJ tricked her into revealing her lies. She learned something from that and went on to TPC. JM bought her story, felt sorry for her and found in her favour.

Don’t forget the whole sob story of mom being an addict and sweet sis was taking care of her brothers.  Dad was never mentioned. 

1 hour ago, PsychoKlown said:

Don’t forget the whole sob story of mom being an addict and sweet sis was taking care of her brothers.  Dad was never mentioned. 

And part of taking care of them was buying them all 300$ sneakers...? Unlike JJ, JM was moved nearly to tears by this scam.  Dads are seldom present or even mentioned but wasn't Dad the def? I could be thinking of something entirely different, of course.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

And part of taking care of them was buying them all 300$ sneakers...? Unlike JJ, JM was moved nearly to tears by this scam.  Dads are seldom present or even mentioned but wasn't Dad the def? I could be thinking of something entirely different, of course.

You are so right.  

Plaintiff sis was suing dad for sneaker monies.  In all honesty I get so many litigants confused because…it’s all the same stuff.  Here’s something I came up with waiting for Fed Ex to pick up a package.  Not that I don’t have anything else to do….

Choose one item from each group to form a “case” then throw in a memorable “twist” from any of the tv court shows.

Group A                                                                          Group B                 

SSM of 12                                                                 Loan not a Gift

Pharmaceutical Entrepreneur                                 “As Is”

Used Car Dealer                      He cheats with his other baby mama  

Nursing Home worker                                              It just lapsed that morning

Plenty O’ Fish participant                                        I had Fluffy on a leash

Pit Bull Owner                                                           She/He stole my stash

Uninsured victim of car accident                            I’m on disability.  I have angora pains.

Example:  Nursing home worker is suing her co-worker because he stole her stash of weed and refuses to pay her.  The twist?  No more skanky hanky panky in the stairwell.  

Point of this:  These cases are nothing but a shell game.  Same people, same stories, same outcomes.  It’s just a matter of moving the shells around with new cases.  And wigs.  Lots of bad wigs.  

Edited by PsychoKlown
10 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Here’s something I came up with waiting for Fed Ex to pick up a package.  Not that I don’t have anything else to do….

It warms the cockles of my blackened walnut of a heart to see you spend your time to so generously share this with us!

SInce I also have so much to do, may I expand a wee bit?

Loan not a Gift

- I never ASKED for the money to pay my car repair/electric bill/child support/bail! She forced me to take the money!

- She's just jealous I've moved on and found Troo Luv.

- He/she harassed me with numerous of texes so I don't feel entitled to pay the money back.

- She's just money-hungry.

- He/she KNEW my situation!

“As Is”

- He told me the 1997 Ford Tempo was in perfect condition! I invoke the lemon law and want my money back!

- He wouldn't let me test drive it. It was dark/late/raining and I trusted him.

- He said it just needed a cadillac converter. Or a screw. Maybe a wire?

- She forced me to buy that sofa full of bedbugs and cat pee. I felt bullied so I'm not paying her.

- I'm a girl and girls don't know about cars.

5K for Pain , Suffering and Heartache

- He broke my grandma's china and my grandma is DEAD!!

- She stole some components of my dead grandma's 35-year-old stereo with the 8-track player and I got hysterical.

- My daughter's custom-made prom dress wasn't revealing enough and I had to see a shrink and take Ativan.

- My teenaged boyfriend knocked me up with twins and broke his promise to take care of me. (I'm 41)

and fistfights, incarcerations, !Oops! pregnancies, stupid roommates, utility bills, cell phones, breaking the lease and all that dumb crap.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

It warms the cockles of my blackened walnut of a heart to see you spend your time to so generously share this with us!

SInce I also have so much to do, may I expand a wee bit?

- I never ASKED for the money to pay my car repair/electric bill/child support/bail! She forced me to take the money!

- She's just jealous I've moved on and found Troo Luv.

- He/she harassed me with numerous of texes so I don't feel entitled to pay the money back.

- She's just money-hungry.

- He/she KNEW my situation!

- He told me the 1997 Ford Tempo was in perfect condition! I invoke the lemon law and want my money back!

- He wouldn't let me test drive it. It was dark/late/raining and I trusted him.

- He said it just needed a cadillac converter. Or a screw. Maybe a wire?

- She forced me to buy that sofa full of bedbugs and cat pee. I felt bullied so I'm not paying her.

- I'm a girl and girls don't know about cars.

- He broke my grandma's china and my grandma is DEAD!!

- She stole some components of my dead grandma's 35-year-old stereo with the 8-track player and I got hysterical.

- My daughter's custom-made prom dress wasn't revealing enough and I had to see a shrink and take Ativan.

- My teenaged boyfriend knocked me up with twins and broke his promise to take care of me. (I'm 41)

and fistfights, incarcerations, !Oops! pregnancies, stupid roommates, utility bills, cell phones, breaking the lease and all that dumb crap.

Awesome. 

Honorable mentions for the cheese steak sandwiches and we can never, ever forget the Fingerhut Anteek Mira.

Edited by PsychoKlown
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Next week the afternoon showings are supposed to be new (I get a morning recent rerun too).

I was going to ask if anyone knew when the new season started.  I’m also curious if they’ll go back to in studio filming,

As much as I like watching the older litigants clutch their purses as they enter the faux courtroom I must confess that I enjoy seeing unmade beds, baskets of laundry and Ritz cracker boxes poised on top of the fridge.   

I’m also over the whole Newlywed Game angle to the show.  I can take Marilyn and John in small doses.  Let’s just say my prescription ran out.

Edited by PsychoKlown

At one time the channel TPC comes on here would air the previous days episode at 5am. They quit that at some point over the past two years until the disaster I described in my post awhile back The Lee & Haley show took TPC's later morning regular slot. I just looked at the Titan TV Guide online and that abomination is still showing in that slot next week. New episodes of TPC are going to be on at 5am.... 😐

This made me laugh at least.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I did like the John and Marilyn segments when they talked about legal matters.   The newlywed version is awful.  

Yes. Their personal experiences while on the bench were interesting as was their reasoning for judgments they made 

I just don’t like to peek into their personal life/personal habits and most of all listening to them gush over their supremely intelligent, beautiful and popular daughters. 

I’m sure their daughters are delightful but let’s face it…almost every parent would say the same thing about their daughter(s).  It’s like the murder victim she/he “lit up a room…loved everyone…wanted to help others…always smiling….last words to me were I love you  

There’s nothing new.  It’s a court show…talk about the law and related cases.  Your litigants have plenty to contribute to the humor, wackiness and WTFery of this show  

23 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I’m sure their daughters are delightful but let’s face it…almost every parent would say the same thing about their daughter(s).  It’s like the murder victim she/he “lit up a room…loved everyone…wanted to help others…always smiling….last words to me were I love you

I especially enjoy that when the paragon is a son who would give anyone the shirt off his back is killed while committing a crime.

On 9/3/2021 at 8:41 PM, PsychoKlown said:

As much as I like watching the older litigants clutch their purses as they enter the faux courtroom I must confess that I enjoy seeing unmade beds, baskets of laundry and Ritz cracker boxes poised on top of the fridge.

I too have enjoyed that - all those freaky coloured walls, "Love, Laugh" Hallmark plaques hanging prominently to show what good people they are, creepy sic-nificant others skulking in the background and that one old man who had to stand in the middle of his kitchen that was so hoarded I bet that was the only clear spot in the house, def who casually fired up a cig as he talked to JM, the gorgeous multi-million dollar home of the petty scammer who beat P out of 250$ for the ratty canoe (which I'm pretty sure happened because JM wanted to see it too) etc.

I regret only that I never did get to see the woman who appeared in her jammies. 😕

• Love 2

The new season had Judge Marilyn in the courtroom with hunky Douglas.  At least it looked like Judge Marilyn was in the room with Douglas.    There is an after with Judge John, and it's a different background, but I don't know if she's still at home or in Connecticut.  (I'm guessing that she is filming with Douglas, and the commentary is from her home again, unless Judge John went to Connecticut). 

However, in the ridiculous Pokemon case, both sets of litigants are on remote.   So, they only have to pay for Judge Marilyn, and Douglas, for housing, and travel, but nothing for the litigants.    I wonder if they're filming in Stanford, CT again? 

I guess this means Doug is in the 'hall' by remote with the litigants.   Safer for Doug. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It's so much cheaper and easier to have the remote cases.   No transportation costs, no hotels, or meal costs, or limo rides, so I bet the judge shows don't go back to in person.  

The new season had Judge Marilyn in the courtroom with hunky Douglas.  At least it looked like Judge Marilyn was in the room with Douglas.    There is an after with Judge John, and it's a different background, but I don't know if she's still at home or in Connecticut.  

However, in the ridiculous Pokemon case, both sets of litigants are on remote.   So, they only have to pay for Judge Marilyn, and Douglas, for housing, and travel, but nothing for the litigants.    I wonder if they're filming in Stanford, CT again? 

I guess this means Doug is in the 'hall' by remote with the litigants.   Safer for Doug. 

Judge Marilyn was indeed with Douglas, and I think that Doug is still remote in the "hallway."

I like that Judge John is back and they are answering legal questions - the closest to personal was:  "Does Judge Marilyn read legal stuff for fun?" 

The first case was the concrete guy who had every excuse in the book as to why he still hadn't shown up to do the work 4 months later - including: I'm not certified for that and had I known, I wouldn't have taken the job . Dude, you texted her that you knew darn well that there was a septic tank involved.  JM was having none of his crap and the plaintiff got her deposit + CC + interest.

The second case had two very young ex-girlfriends.  I thought that I knew which way this case was going, but I was surprised by the fact that it appeared that the P had indeed gifted the D the phone and was paying for it until Covid reduced her funds and then she wanted D to pay for it.  JM said that you can't turn a gift into a bill and of her long list of demands, only won back the cost of the P's phone that the D broke during an argument.  I'm curious what kind of animal was in the cage behind the P - I couldn't see - but the cat roaming around looked fairly interested in it.

The final case was a mom and daughter suing the D for bait-and-switch of Pokemon cards.  TLDR - they got home and found that they didn't get what they were expecting in the box.  I also figured that they would go empty handed, but surprisingly, it appears the the D was texting them photos of cards that he had and made them think that they would be in the package that he sold them.  It turns out that most of the cards were in another binder that he didn't include.  JM wasn't too keen on all that and D has to return the money and the Ps have to give all the cards back.

Glad to have the show back - I'm sure that I'll be way behind again in my viewing soon! 😀

• Love 6

Did no one watch the new cases?

JM was absolutely joyous at returning to her bench and Douglas seemed quite pleased as well to give her a "Welcome home".

I was happy to see the first case was one of my favorite kind - shifty, scamming contractor. P hires Mr. Stuble to just build a cement platform for her recycle bins, some other cement work, etc. then she finds out there's an empty septic tank on her property and is advised to just cave it in and fill it up with soil.  Why sure, Mr. Stuble can do that for an extra 500$, he says, so she gives him 1500$ down payment on August 3rd and he says he'll start in 4 to 8 weeks. He's very busy, you see. After 8 weeks P starts texting and asking him what's going on. Each time he answers, "Oh, we're getting closer" or "Nearly there" or some such crap which he continues doing for 4 months figuring she'll get exhausted asking and just give up. Near the end of Dec he says he'll be there Thursday but never shows up. Then he says he'll be there Monday and she says to never mind and to give her money back.

JM reams him out even as he talks over her, making sure to announce the name of his janky company - "GRAND DESIGN CONSTRUCTION". Why is he keeping her money? Well, he bought materials for her job and pre-ordered a machine he put on hold! Prove it. OH, he can't show proof of that at the moment. Why didn't he get to her after 4 months? Err..COVID plus he has too much work (?) and yeah, he was procrastinating. He also says he's not allowed to touch septic tanks as that is an environmental issue. JM reads him his texts where he claims to have much experience with the tanks and he can  do it, no problem.  He could have promised her the moon since he knew he wasn't going to do a damned thing. He's just a common thief without an ounce of shame or remorse. P gets back her money, plus interest, etc. Doug in the Hall throws shade on the crook.

Skipped the next case. "He/she/my significant other busted up my shit" is an automatic skip, along with roommate utility bills, cell phones and animals.

Last case was some light fare. Identical mom and daughter are enamoured with some Pokemon cards being sold on "Offer Up" by the rippling card lover, Mr. Nathan who looks like the light of day is a stranger to him. They established a "rapport" with him. He showed them pics of all his cards and it seemed he had what mom and daughter really craved, which were a bunch of holographic cards. They pile into their car and drive considerable distance to Mr. Nathan's crib. He gives them the box and they give him 400$. JM wants to know why they didn't check the cards right there and then? Well, with this incredible rapport they had built with him through a day of texting, why would they do that?  And it was 10:30 at night, and...and! They trusted him as we all trust total strangers trying to unload old junk. Seems Pokemon-loving Mr. Nathan pulled the old switcheroo on the tag-team and whatever. I guess they got their money back but I got distracted and wandered off.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

JM reams him out even as he talks over her, making sure to announce the name of his janky company - "GRAND DESIGN CONSTRUCTION".

Oh yes - I forgot to mention that.  Apparently, way after the fact, the P Googled the D and found many bad reviews.

The D is really not too bright - why would you broadcast the name of your company, along with your incompetence on national TV?  Dear God, you really can't fix stupid.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, aemom said:

Oh yes - I forgot to mention that.  Apparently, way after the fact, the P Googled the D and found many bad reviews.

The D is really not too bright - why would you broadcast the name of your company, along with your incompetence on national TV?  Dear God, you really can't fix stupid.

Incompetence is one thing, but this guy is just a crook. He steals money and I bet his favorite customers are women alone. He figures he can wear them down with lies and excuses (I  was half-expecting him to say "family emergency" or his grammy died, but even he knew that wouldn't fly), blow them off and they won't have the nerve to fight with ZZ Top from The Hills have Eyes.

The P's reviw is here:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/grand-design-construction-jacksonville

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So glad this is back with new cases and I really liked having JM and Douglas together again!  She seemed giddy to be back and had renewed energy while hearing the cases.  I think she and judge John are being filmed where they film the show because the video was far superior to what it was when they were in their home.  Much better backdrop for them.  

• Love 5

Incompetence is one thing, but this guy is just a crook. He steals money and I bet his favorite customers are women alone. He figures he can wear them down with lies and excuses (I  was half-expecting him to say "family emergency" or his grammy died, but even he knew that wouldn't fly), blow them off and they won't have the nerve to fight with ZZ Top from The Hills have Eyes.

The P's reviw is here:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/grand-design-construction-jacksonville

I was wondering if that was her. Once they said Florida I needed to know where this guy was 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Last case was some light fare. Identical mom and daughter are enamoured with some Pokemon cards being sold on "Offer Up" by the rippling card lover, Mr. Nathan who looks like the light of day is a stranger to him.

The decor visible behind him during the case screamed "I live in my parents' basement."

• LOL 5
55 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

The decor visible behind him during the case screamed "I live in my parents' basement."

…and there may (or may not be) items of supreme interest stuffed in those large totes.

Everyone covered the “premiere” so well.  I’ll just add a few observations that caught my eye.

- Tattoos aplenty.  Not just tattoos but showcased tattoos.  The first litigant dressed so as to impress - her tattoos and Moe Howard haircut.  

- Second case went by me even thought I was glued to the set.  I was watching the animal cage propped on the sofa.  First something moved in there, then the door to the cage was wide open and something moved behind the cage.  I have no idea what it was, maybe a hamster but it moved and apparently had opposable thumbs to work the cage door.  The apartment was also a bit on the cluttered side.  I found myself scratching during that case.

- As mentioned the two bookended mom/daughter Pokémon fans were rocking the twin look.  And Pokémon.  Anyone want to bet they have bedding with Pokémon characters?  And bath towels. 

- And my final observation…maybe AngelaHunter heard me scream in anguish all the way North but did anyone else notice the 3 Sisters figurine in JM’s faux office?  Right over her right shoulder.  I saw what she did there.  Nothing got by me - except maybe the hamster.

20 minutes ago, Maverick said:

So, question for the group:  is it more embarrassing to go on national TV to litigate a drug deal gone bad or a Pokemon card deal gone bad?  

Yes.

17 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Yes.

That's so true.  None of the litigants on any of these shows have any shame.    Remember the one from last season where the man was getting sued by his former girlfriend, and he was also dating her daughter, and I think the sister too?   That's some shameful behavior, but all of the litigants were boasting about it.      (Angela Hunter has the correct order of boinking in this case).

PsychoKlown, thanks for changing to Doug's picture.   I really like Doug, and his snarking on the litigants.       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

- Tattoos aplenty.  Not just tattoos but showcased tattoos.  The first litigant dressed so as to impress - her tattoos and Moe Howard haircut.

Lol.

What struck me about her tattoos, is that they looked very amateurish - not something that had been professionally done.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Remember the one from last season where the man was getting sued by his former girlfriend, and he was also dating her daughter, and I think the sister too? 

It was the Sea Hag mother, and not sister. And he wasn't "dating" them. He was boinking them and paying with 20$ here, and a pack of cigarettes there, and maybe even a tank of gas if they gave him something really special. My memory is totally shot, but even I remember this Case of Unrivaled Horror. 😱🤢

13 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Moe Howard haircut.

Shit. 😆

12 hours ago, Maverick said:

So, question for the group:  is it more embarrassing to go on national TV to litigate a drug deal gone bad or a Pokemon card deal gone bad?

The latter. And they tried to pretend they were getting them for kiddy treasure hunts or some crap like that.

14 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And you just know the place reeked of stale pizza and farts.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

So on today's new case (interrupted by Mr. Pillow commericials at every break that turn into some other stuff the owner's into) "Double Crossing a Seller".    First case was the sale of a Bobcat earth mover failure, very boring.   

Now it's the owner of a vacation rental going after the former vacation renter of her beach house for damages.     One thing that the owner objected to (because they usually charge by the number of tenants), a couple of extra relatives were 'surprise' visitors.   (This was Long Beach Island, NY).    Little old lady renter claims her relatives never damaged anything, and can't imagine how all of the damages happened.   The owner of plaintiff's cleaning service noticed the broken chair spindle.    Defendant claims she and her family, swept and vacuumed, and cleaned everything before leaving. 

My guess is the 12 scheduled guests, and 2 more show up, wasn't the real total number of guests either.  When you have 14 people (only 12 were supposed to be there), at a beach house for a week, I suspect there were a lot more shenanigans going on than defendant admits.    Defendant has to pay for the window blind damages, but not the chair spindle, and this case of "Not me" is over. 

(For those who think $9,000 a week is a lot, think of a bunch of hotel rooms, or suites for a week, for this crowd of 12, then 14, and who knows how many people showed up.    Plus, always look at booking fees, cleaning fees, etc. on short term rentals). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So on today's new case (interrupted by Mr. Pillow commericials at every break that turn into some other stuff the owner's into) "Double Crossing a Seller".    First case was the sale of a Bobcat earth mover failure, very boring.    Now it's the owner of a vacation rental going after the former vacation renter of her beach house for damages.     One thing that the owner objected to (because they usually charge by the number of tenants), a couple of extra relatives were 'surprise' visitors.   (This was Long Beach Island, NY).    Little old lady renter claims her relatives never damaged anything, and can't imagine how all of the damages happened.   The owner of plaintiff's cleaning service noticed the broken chair spindle.    Defendant claims she and her family, swept and vacuumed, and cleaned everything before leaving.   When you have 14 people (only 12 were supposed to be there), at a beach house for a week, I suspect there were a lot more shenanigans going on than defendant admits.    Defendant has to pay for almost all of the damages, and this case of "Not me" is over. 

For $9,000 a week too. Expensive vacation week!

• Love 2