Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

First case was the sale of a Bobcat earth mover failure, very boring

It was boring but P was very annoying with his claims of not knowing the seller D wisely demanded cash when it was right there in the texts. The fact that P immediately said he no longer wanted the thing in that case made me suspicious that he may have been trying to pull a fast one, as we see litigants do all the time, with their stop-payments, NSF checks and claims that the used item isn't showroom perfect so they're not paying for it. 

The rental case: If I were going to rent out my 2 million dollar house to a huge crowd of unknown people I might expect that it could have some minor damages done. She's raking in 9K per week and is bitching about a spindle and a blind slat. Def conceded that the garbage fine was hers to pay from the deposit. P also twisted the words of the cleaning service, which JM noticed immediately and pointed out. If you want your home pristine, don't let gangs of strangers occupy it.  I certainly wouldn't but if I did I'd be relieved to see such minor damage. We've seen on this show the kind of mass destruction wrought by renters.

• Love 8

New cases!  I checked an online TV schedule/guide on 9/05 to see what shows were starting their new fall shows, and it didn't list TPC with new episodes.  I then deleted the last two days recordings thinking they were reruns.  Kicking myself!   At least I have todays to enjoy.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, patty1h said:

At least I have todays to enjoy.

I'm glad you didn't miss JM smashing a spider with her gavel.

When she and hubby were chatting, she refused to come out and frankly admit how disgusting she finds so many litigants, but came close. Judge John was freaking me out with his Corriero-type statement that he thinks that deep down everyone is good. Don't you watch this show, John?

• Love 4

Today’s cases, meh!  

The bobcat caper was totally unnecessary.  All that hubbub over a cashier’s check vs. cash.  I think that Sonny-in-law changed his mind and that’s why Mr. Milquetoast didn’t parlay the check for cash and wrongly assumed he was entitled to his deposit.  Despite JM clearly explaining the rules of contract law to him Mr. Milquetoast insisted he was right. The plaintiff (wisely) didn’t want to start a fight which kudos to him because the defendant looked like he could hammer the plaintiff into the ground with one good knock on the head.

Second case wasn’t that much better so my mind wandered.  If Miss GotRocks has a 2M dollar beachfront property why in fresh hell is she hanging a $4 wood carving of a wine bottle on her wall?  Seems odd to me.

And I nearly choked on my iced tea when I heard 9k for a week but if you pack a whole bunch of bodies in the rented house you could probably shake down some of the kids to pony up a few bucks towards the rental.  

The defendant seemed to enjoy cramming her kids and their spouses and grandkids into a house for a week but personally I think I’d get a room at the Hampton Inn and visit for a few hours each day.  

Too much togetherness is too much.  And I think JM was correct on her ruling with that case too. 

4 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

If Miss GotRocks has a 2M dollar beachfront property why in fresh hell is she hanging a $4 wood carving of a wine bottle on her wall?

I think we've learned by watching this show that money has nothing to do with taste, just as education has little connection to common sense or intelligence.

How do I miss all these details? I'd be a lousy witness to any crime.

• LOL 2
25 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

How do I miss all these details? I'd be a lousy witness to any crime.

You’re concentrating on the cases.  I give it a few seconds then my mind will wander at the background.  

“Money has nothing to do with taste….”  Absolutely true.  

And we see it five times a week with this show.

DB3FAD1D-1B02-4F96-B8EF-573AC1F8DBF5.jpeg

Edited by PsychoKlown
3 hours ago, patty1h said:

New cases!  I checked an online TV schedule/guide on 9/05 to see what shows were starting their new fall shows, and it didn't list TPC with new episodes.  I then deleted the last two days recordings thinking they were reruns.  Kicking myself!   At least I have todays to enjoy.

I always go to The People's Court website and check the schedule tab to see when the new episodes are airing.

2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

And I nearly choked on my iced tea when I heard 9k for a week but if you pack a whole bunch of bodies in the rented house you could probably shake down some of the kids to pony up a few bucks towards the rental.  

I don't think that anyone chips in. When JM asked her if she does this rental thing often, she said that she rents a house somewhere every year and has been doing it for the last 50 years - since her kids were little. 

A group of 8 of us once rented a house for a weekend. It had 5 bedrooms and a hot tub and was quite nice - it was huge and I remember that we each chipped in about $170, so I don't know, 9K seems really pricey for a week.

Edited by aemom
Typo
  • Love 3

If the family had rented motel rooms for a week, for 12 people, then the price would be about the same.    However, motels don't allow giant parties, and adding additional guests without charging.     I don't believe only 12 came for the week, and the 2 others who were a 'surprise' actially were a surprise, and that it was only 14 people.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, aemom said:

I don't think that anyone chips in. When JM asked her if she does this rental thing often, she said that she rents a house somewhere every year and has been doing it for the last 50 years - since her kids were little. 

I must have missed that part.

She is an awesome mom and nana to do that for fifty years.  I bet her grandkids just love her to pieces.

If the family had rented motel rooms for a week, for 12 people, then the price would be about the same.    However, motels don't allow giant parties, and adding additional guests without charging.     I don't believe only 12 came for the week, and the 2 others who were a 'surprise' were, and that it was only 14 people.     

She said there were no parties, but even if there were that place was left in great condition considering the number of bodies living there for a week. I think the owner, who is fine with having 12 people crammed in her house, is a nit-picking tightwad. She should watch this show more often for a dose of reality.

• Love 7

"Doggie Disaster" first case is a little dog that was almost killed by an off-leash big black dog.  The plaintiff lost, because she had no proof that defendant's dog did it.    As always, the defendant's dog never attacked anyone, was never out of the yard off-leash, and she didn't do it.    

Case 2, she staked his poker career for $750, in return for splitting winnings, but then they broke up, and it's now a loan.   I don't even know how this came out.

Case 3, plaintiffs claims defendant drove them out of the property she rented to them.   Plaintiffs rented for three months on a month-to-month.   Plaintiffs claims defendant knew about man's criminal record, but defendant says she didn't know about plaintiff man's criminal record.     Plaintiffs want double their security deposit back ($2800).   Plaintiff man demanded his security deposit back, or he wouldn't take everything out of the rental.     

This was a property attached to a barn, and were also renting a stall  for their horse.   (Never do a combined rent for property, and animal boarding, because you often get stiffed on both boarding and rent).    Defendant says she kept the $1400 because of damages, and for the last month (June) that they hadn't paid for, but still had stuff in the apartment or trailer, or whatever it was.    All of this is in the police report.   However, rent was due on 1 June, but they didn't move out until the 5th of June, verified by the police report.      After tenants had left, but five days late, the landlord had the locks changed, so police were called by plaintiff man, and police told him to leave.    

There is no explanation of what plaintiff man did to end up in jail. 

Plaintiffs get no money back on security.  Defendant wins.  When plaintiff man loses, he stomps off camera.

Haven't people heard of credit and background checks on prospective tenants?  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

The plaintiff in case 3 looked exactly like a Cabbage Patch doll.  Exactly.  She had the chubby cheeks, dark hair and glasses.  

She also seemed like she could be a sweet person.  He, on the other hand is a hothead and I’m not so sure her quiet demeanor comes solely from her personality.  I suspect she has learned that it’s best to shrink down when hothead is angry.

I don’t have hothead’s name.  Wonder what he did to land in prison?

Case 2, she staked his poker career for $750

I don't watch animal cases and after today I don't want to see dumb, stupid bitches who will pay anything for stud service. I am left with very little to watch.

This unbearable motormouth with monstrous fake lashes seemed to think JM might find it precious that she started forking over money to the scamming, disgusting, worthless Def not long after he started providing booty calls, or as she called it, "a fling". Who gives 1500$ to a fling? He needs to pay for car stuff, or rent, or something.  He likes to gamble but he's no Doc Holliday and just loses all the time. I don't play poker but I think one needs some functioning brain cells to be a whiz.  "POKER??? HE HARDLY KNEW 'ER!" I couldn't finish this silly debacle.

Case 3, plaintiffs claims defendant drove them out of the property she rented to them.

Felonious plaintiff and his devoted, silent, moon-faced subordinate/girlfriend? The only interesting parts were his barely being able to keep a lid on his hothead when JM was laying out the law and in the hall when Doug asked the jailbird what he thought of the verdict in which he got zippo. "This is bullshit," he announces as he rips out his earbuds and stomps off (probably to punch a hole in a wall) leaving the "Cabbage Patch doll" sitting there, still expressionless. She wants him. She's got him, lucky her.  I only watched all this nonsense in hopes of hearing about his criminal record. Selling drugs? Domestic violence? Robbery? Alas, we'll never know.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I only watched all this nonsense in hopes of hearing about his criminal record. Selling drugs? Domestic violence? Robbery? Alas, we'll never know.

Road rage assault.  That’s what I think.  Road rage assault.

Also, did you notice the blue rag hanging on the window haphazardly?  It wasn’t a curtain or drapery fabric but a rag.  And it was held up with clips (not a curtain rod or drapery hooks).

I am also perplexed about the horse stable.  I’m still confused that people with 2M dollar homes don’t have better sense with wall decor but these two look like they don’t have cash falling out of their pockets.  Frankly, they don’t look like they have any cash in any of their pockets.  So, keeping that in mind, here are my questions…

How in the world do they have a horse?  They did board a horse, right?  Whose horse?  Where did they get the horse?  How are they paying for the horse?  How do they pay for horse feed?  Vet bills?  Riding apparatus?

Two possibilities:  Mr. Hothead cheated his nana out of cash while vacationing this summer in Long Island at a 2M dollar beachfront home.  Or, his felony has to do with stealing horses.

And if scenario one is true, I think we all know now how that spindle on the chair (as well as the blinds) got busted.  Mr. Hothead.  

4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Case 3, plaintiffs claims defendant drove them out of the property she rented to them.   Plaintiffs rented for three months on a month-to-month.   Plaintiffs claims defendant knew about man's criminal record, but defendant says she didn't know about plaintiff man's criminal record.     Plaintiffs want double their security deposit back ($2800).   Plaintiff man demanded his security deposit back, or he wouldn't take everything out of the rental. 

This one surprised me a bit.  The landlord didn't give them 30 days notice - she said that she wanted them out and they said that they would be out by such-and-such a date - which was less than 30 days - but then stayed longer - but still left before the 30 days.

So I kind of figured that they were both in a grey area, and that the landlord wouldn't be allowed to keep the security because she didn't give them 30 days to get out and then changed the locks.  Maybe I missed something...

31 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I am also perplexed about the horse stable.  I’m still confused that people with 2M dollar homes don’t have better sense with wall decor but these two look like they don’t have cash falling out of their pockets.  Frankly, they don’t look like they have any cash in any of their pockets.  So, keeping that in mind, here are my questions…

How in the world do they have a horse?  They did board a horse, right?  Whose horse?  Where did they get the horse?  How are they paying for the horse?  How do they pay for horse feed?  Vet bills?  Riding apparatus?

Two possibilities:  Mr. Hothead cheated his nana out of cash while vacationing this summer in Long Island at a 2M dollar beachfront home.  Or, his felony has to do with stealing horses.

And if scenario one is true, I think we all know now how that spindle on the chair (as well as the blinds) got busted.  Mr. Hothead.  

I wondered that too.  Horses are indeed very expensive to maintain and board - and they didn't strike me as rolling in money.

I am very surprised that JM didn't ask what he was in jail for - she usually loves those juicy questions.

We were back to the personal-judge-questions:

1. Who dresses John?

2. Any good childbirth stories?

3. How have you managed to be such good parents?

Sigh.....  I prefer when they answer the legal questions.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I have absolutely no idea how the ex-con and the sidekick, who doesn't seem the type to be earning 6 figures, could have a donkey, never mind horses, which cost a fortune in feed, tack, farriers, etc. I was so confused in this case my mind wandered and when I snapped out of I was half thinking these two lived in one of the stalls.

Of course I did not notice the window rag, so had to go back and look. I also took time to find out P's name. It's David Rusgrove. There's an article from 2010 about someone with that name:

He was speeding. The cops deemed the chase unsafe, and had to hunt him down with a K-9 officer. He said he fled because there was an active warrant on him for failure to register as a sex offender.

https://www.middletownpress.com/news/article/LET-THE-DOG-OUT-K-9-used-to-track-man-who-fled-11868621.php

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I have absolutely no idea how the ex-con and the sidekick, who doesn't seem the type to be earning 6 figures, could have a donkey, never mind horses, which cost a fortune in feed, tack, farriers, etc. I was so confused in this case my mind wandered and when I snapped out of I was half thinking these two lived in one of the stalls.

Of course I did not notice the window rag, so had to go back and look. I also took time to find out P's name. It's David Rusgrove. There's an article from 2010 about someone with that name:

He was speeding. The cops deemed the chase unsafe, and had to hunt him down with a K-9 officer. He said he fled because there was an active warrant on him for failure to register as a sex offender.

https://www.middletownpress.com/news/article/LET-THE-DOG-OUT-K-9-used-to-track-man-who-fled-11868621.php

Well he's now registered on the US National Sex Offender website. Indecent Assault and Battery of a minor under 14. Yikes! 😢😡

Edited by aemom
More accurate description of the charge
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, aemom said:

Well he's now registered on the US National Sex Offender website. Assault and Battery of a minor under 14. Yikes! 😢😡

So I see. He likes kiddies, does he? Nice. I guess his lady, Dillon, doesn't care as long as he has a pulse. And here I thought all the  other women we see here were desperate for hooking up with mere losers and con artists. A convicted pedo/child abuser is a whole other level.

There's another article with his name in it, concerning the extreme neglect of horses - starving, living in filth, etc. I couldn't make myself read the details.

P.S. that was "Indecent assault  and battery."

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1

So, now we know why girlfriend, and criminal boyfriend left, because landlord could probably report him for failure to register, or update his address, or being around minors.    Most boarding stables have children around, so he wasn't allowed to be near there.   Girlfriend is stupid for being with him. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, aemom said:

Well he's now registered on the US National Sex Offender website. Assault and Battery of a minor under 14. Yikes! 😢😡

I’m having my coffee now  and after reading this something tells me my shower will be twice as long this morning.

I am wondering if his sidekick is also his victim?  From what I remember she looked like she was barely 20 years old.  I could be misremembering because I was focused on the dark panels and rag over the window.

I can’t dwell too much on the horse ownership.  Knowing that this convict abused children…well, you know.

And here I thought we were going to rag on the judges about their Lucy/Desi scrip when JM was giving birth.  

You just never know, do you?

6 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

So I see. He likes kiddies, does he? Nice. I guess his lady, Dillon, doesn't care as long as he has a pulse. And here I thought all the  other women we see here were desperate for hooking up with mere losers and con artists. A convicted pedo/child abuser is a whole other level.

There's another article with his name in it, concerning the extreme neglect of horses - starving, living in filth, etc. I couldn't make myself read the details.

P.S. that was "Indecent assault  and battery."

I updated my post with the more accurate charge. I guess I was so horrified that I mis-remembered when I typed it. I spent a lot of time on that website a couple of years ago for work - don't ask.

Wow - an article about mistreating horses? I'm not reading that either.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

And here I thought we were going to rag on the judges about their Lucy/Desi scrip when JM was giving birth.  

We can do that too.

As Judge John was talking about getting light-headed, I remembered the few times that I looked over at my husband shocked out of my mind because of things that he said or did while I was in labor. I think that the stress of the situation just turns their brains to mush.

But I totally believe that he is the good cop while she is the bad one when it comes to their kids. I think that he totally lets her run the show at home and hides in the garage with his car.

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, aemom said:

. I think that he totally lets her run the show at home and hides in the garage with his car.

I have no doubt at all that she runs everything with the effectiveness and iron fist of a drill instructor. John seems very dear, but something of a wimp. Hard to believe he was a judge but I bet many a lowlife was thrilled to have him hear their cases.

• Love 3

Ms. Farrington enjoys facials. She gets stopped in the mall - we all know the drill - and is offered a facial as bait. She accepts and finds out what Def is actually peddling is some 6,000$ high-tech facial machine approved by NASA or some crap like that. She refuses so the esthetician keeps lowering the price and they agree on 88$ just for a future facial, she claims. She says she was defrauded into paying 1,060$. Def is a rather oily hustler, but P is a grown woman who signs a CC receipt with "1,060.00$" in bold letters about 1/2 inch above where she signed because it was 88$/per month for 12 months, plus under her name are more bold letters stating "NO REFUNDS". Well, she's not in the habit of reading stuff she signs so wants her money back. She's just a poor little lady who got hoodwinked. JM informs her she is a grown woman who might want to read what she signs in the future. JM concludes she merely had buyers' remorse and Def did nothing wrong (and even offered her half back in cash and the rest in product which she refused) so tough luck. Zero money back.

Then we had P suing for the 100$ he paid defendant for an old washer that doesn't work. P says his machine is out for repairs, so he keeps buying old 100$ washers in the interim since "the wife" can't go to the laundromat every day. He says the purchased machine leaked, didn't fill properly, etc. JM wants to know if he has  video of these malfunctions. The answer of course is No, with the standard "I trusted him".  Much ado about this item, including "uninvited, unwanted and unwelcome" door-pounding at 11:00 p.m,  driveway blocked by P's truck and police called. P says he knew Def was home but wouldn't answer the door. Duh, neither would I with some out-of-control maniac hammering away. Doesn't anyone think police have anything better to do than answer calls about dissatisafaction with old used items? Def says the machine worked when he used it and the deal on OfferUp is that sales are final and any disagreements are to be resolved at a location designated by both parties and not late-night raids with temper tantrums. P, of course, does not get his 100$ back.

JM was extra-giddy today. Being back in her old haunts seem to have invigorated her to a great degree. She also informs everyone she would love to take a bath in botox.

• Love 5

"Swindled at a Spa" plaintiff claims she was charged for $1062 for 12 facials at a spa.   The receipt says no refunds, and only exchanges of product instead of refunds.        Judge Marilyn's decision is that plaintiff clearly signed for the services, no money back to her.    Judge Marilyn says plaintiff should have taken one of several partial refund offers that defendant offered her.  

Case 2-Plaintiff bought a used washing machine from defendant, and is suing because the used washer stopped working.       Then, when defendant said no to a refund, and plaintiff showed up and blocked defendant's driveway at 11:00 pm, blocking defendant's driveway, and banging on the front door.    So, defendant called police.    Plaintiff told to stick that washer, and he's not getting his $100 back.    

Two cases of people who don't know what "no refunds" or "as is" means. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

Thank you AngelaHunter and CrazyInAlabama for excellent recaps.  I was visiting the dentist and was unable to catch this episode.

Doesn’t sound like I missed anything of importance especially since I am not a fan of malls (no windows and the exits are scarce - think trapped rat) but when I do have to go I avoid all eye contact with the kiosk people.  And if, while walking out of the big box store I am asked “what one home improvement project do you think is the most important to you?” I always reply “No idea.  I live with my in-laws”.   That’s not only stops them from chasing me but also warrants a wistful smile as if they’re conveying their condolences to me.  They don’t need to know that I live in a home and “windows” would be my answer.  Ms. Farmington would be much happier and richer if she copied my style.

Oh, and a PSA…if you’re in the mall and an emergency occurs - every store has a door to the outside.  Just go through the nearest store to the back.  

"Stiffing Your Grandmother"  Case 1, Grandmother suing granddaughter for money she loaned her to buy furniture.   Granddaughter claims grandmother owed a bunch on the same account, and claims grandmother wants granddaughter to pay for grandmother's furniture too.   Too bad granddaughter didn't spend more money on that hair color or wig (I have a hard time figuring out if it's a bad wig, or a bad dye job, or both), because she looks like her hair is from the Bozo the Clown end of season clearance sale. 

The granddaughter, and Judge Marilyn are hinting that the grandmother is losing touch, and doesn't realize how much the granddaughter paid her.  How insulting.    Grandmother says she only got $150 once, and boyfriend, and another friend of granddaughter support granddaughter's story.    Judge Marilyn believes the granddaughter, but I don't.  Plaintiff/grandmother case dismissed.  So, plaintiff only gets $200.   

Case of blown tires.   Plaintiff claims he bought 4 tires from defendant's tire shop, then another set, and one more tire for another car, and he claims the tires almost got him killed.  Cars were $50 each, and plaintiff claims he only had to pay $15 each, amazingly cheap.   

Defendant claims he brought his own tires to the shop, and their shop only mounted them.   However, defendant's husband left a phone message about the $50 for the tires, so defendant wife is full of it.    The tires only totalled $110, so I'm not surprised they were dry-rotted.     Plaintiff gets $60 for the tires.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, rcc said:

I hated that first case. Why couldn't she buy her own furniture on her own. Oh no, she had to use her grandmother's account. 

I hated it too, so much that when Granny started screaming and crying and granddaughter turned on the waterworks too, I gave up. But yeah, Ms. Bernadette needs granny to subsidize her since she her boyfriend can't buy their own shit. She must spend all her money on muddy tats - she wore a very lowcut spaghetti-strapped top here to display them -  hideous janky fright wigs and terrifying 4" daggers glued to her fingers. The talons made me nervous as I was afraid she might impale her eyeball as she wiped away the tears of sorrow. Thanks for the verdict, CrazyInAlabama.

3K on credit cards (I missed if this was a store CC or bank) and paying the absolute minimum every month? Sorry, Grandma but that might not be paid off in your lifetime. All that, you know, stuff like that interest or something? It sure adds up.

The cheap, rotted tires and the used rim and whatever and Def wife here to lie for him since I guess he didn't have the guts to appear here and do his own lying was very boring. Douglas knows quite well that if JM's hubby did that to her (throw her under the bus after he lied) she'd rip him a new one. 😄

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, rcc said:

I hated that first case. Why couldn't she buy her own furniture on her own. Oh no, she had to use her grandmother's account. 

Exactly so.

Another day and another round of showcased tattoos.  These were awful.  Just awful.

Why didn’t granddaughter get her boyfriend, a one Mr. Jones to spot her the money for the bed.  He’s using it too.  I’m sure his credit is in the basement but why gouge Nana for the credit.  Not fair.  If they have cash to spring for a room at the Holiday Inn (as well as two bottles of soda pop) they have money to clear their debt to Nana.

And my professional opinion is that JM and the granddaughter should really keep their non-professional opinions to themselves.  They haven’t the experience (or battery of tests) to determine if Nana has a memory issue.  You know how JM gets all ticked if someone pretends to know the law - well, I feel the same when people pretend to know mental health issues.  Stop it JM.  

Team Nana.  All the way.

22 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Why didn’t granddaughter get her boyfriend, a one Mr. Jones to spot her the money for the bed.  He’s using it too.

You know their situation! And Mr. Jones calls her "Granny" too, so why shouldn't she foot the bills of two big healthy grownups? But I bet they have flatscreens and the latest phones and x-boxes or whatever is in vogue at the moment.

I thought it was bad enough seeing adult litigants, many old enough to have gray hair and adult kids of their own, still sponging off Mom and Dad, but mooching from Grandma is even worse. What would all these people do if, like me, they had no parents or grandparents to support them and buy them matching "suits" of furniture? Gee, I guess they'd have to work and earn money to buy their own shit. Yes, I know - maybe they'd have to save and couldn't have it all RIGHT NOW, but life is unfair that way.

• Love 3

As Judge John was talking about getting light-headed, I remembered the few times that I looked over at my husband shocked out of my mind because of things that he said or did while I was in labor. I think that the stress of the situation just turns their brains to mush.

After 21 hours of labor, I was headed in for a C section.  As they were about to cut TWO babies out of me, I look at my husband and he looks sweaty and white as hell.  I kept going ‘are you ok?’.  This was after they handed him the OR outfit and he says “oh, I don’t know if I’m going in”.  My response was “the F&CK you’re not!”.  

Anyways - I love it when someone in the case tries to keep it together and be nice and respectful…but then you see their true colors.  That’s what happened with the P sex offender in the rent/horse barn case. 

• LOL 3
11 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

You know their situation! And Mr. Jones calls her "Granny" too, so why shouldn't she foot the bills of two big healthy grownups? But I bet they have flatscreens and the latest phones and x-boxes or whatever is in vogue at the moment.

You just know they’re loaded down with unnecessary junk.  

It appears that Nana has devoted her life to her grandkids, dare I say that she even raised them because their mothers had to live their lives and couldn’t be bothered with children.

The tatted wondergrandkid and Mr. Jones should be taking Nana out to lunch and buying her presents and maybe even putting two $20 bills in her pocket so she could get herself a mani or pedi.  That’s what responsible, appreciative adults do when a relative has spent most of her life shelving her wants so that her grandkids could have a stable home.

Makes me very sad but there is one thing that I’d like to bring up and see if any of you can sort this out for me.  Judge Judy never accepts an ATM withdrawal statement as proof of paying a debt.  As she has said “I don’t know what you did with the money” which is absolutely true.

JM approached it a different way and accepted that the $150 withdrawals as proof of payment.  Hinky justice in my book.  

I also suspect that Nana’s house is probably as serene as Grand Central Station.  I bet there’s kids, grandkids, great-grandkids and even great-great-grandkids coming through, maybe living with her but certainly mooching off of her.  Even a few grandkids could make it noisy.  

No wonder she can’t remember what was given to her.  My two cents says she tunes them all out.  My other two cents says she appeared to be a really kind woman who did not deserve to be treated that way.

I hope she makes the right decision in determining if that relationship goes forward.

Again, Team Nana.

1 hour ago, PsychoKlown said:

It appears that Nana has devoted her life to her grandkids, dare I say that she even raised them because their mothers had to live their lives and couldn’t be bothered with children.

This show always reminds me of a joke I read years ago: "We better hurry up and squirt out some kids now while our parents (now grandparents) are still young enough to take care of them" even though the breeders we see here never even think that far ahead. They give birth. Their jobs are done.

JM approached it a different way and accepted that the $150 withdrawals as proof of payment.  Hinky justice in my book.

I thought so too, plus Mr. Jones says he gave his ladylove some money to give granny, which does not mean granny ever got it. Bank withdrawals are the same. She may have taken out the money but decided another tat or new nails were more important. Who knows? Maybe granny was repaid all the money and didn't apply it all to the bottomless well of minimum payment CC debt, but how could that possibly be determined?

• Love 4

I really resented the Grandmother being treated as if she had no memory.    I doubt everything the granddaughter said, except the one payment the grandmother confirmed.   I don't think the granddaughter or her worthless boyfriend paid another penny to the grandmother.    Just because there was a $150 ATM withdrawal doesn't mean the granddaughter paid anything to the grandmother.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

if someone pretends to know the law - well, I feel the same when people pretend to know mental health issues

I have the same issue when judges (JJ is the worst) try to do accident reconstruction. She demonstrates as she pontificates while showing that she knows nothing of conservation of momentum and kinetic energy, let alone simple geometry.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, DoctorK said:

I have the same issue when judges (JJ is the worst) try to do accident reconstruction. She demonstrates as she pontificates while showing that she knows nothing of conservation of momentum and kinetic energy, let alone simple geometry.

I don't know nuthin' about that neither. I just found out last Tuesday how to do an electronic signature. I feel so high-tech now!

19 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really resented the Grandmother being treated as if she had no memory.

I didn't hear that part because I shut this shit down, but I'm surprised at JM going along with that. Usually she bends over backward to be on the side of the elderly.

• Love 2

Any idea what’s going on?

Tuned in today and no People’s Court.  Is this everywhere or just Boston?

I’m getting the lame CBS shows on the channel.

I suppose it’s the universe’s way of telling me to catch up on my paperwork.

Hope it’s not permanent.

"A Lottery Ticket Ruined Our Friendship"     Case 1-plaintiff was loaned a dollar by defendant  to buy a lottery ticket, and ticket was worth $50.   Plaintiff claims defendant grabbed ticket back and cashed it in.   So plaintiff wins the money.   These women were high school friends, and now the case is over, and so is the friendship.   

Case 2 -Woman wanted driveway, defendant says during Covid plaintiff was unreasonable.   Plaintiff not only paid the deposit, but paid in advance for the entire job.    Defendant says job looked fine when he rolled the asphalt, but hasn't honored the two year guarantee on the driveway.     I'm really disliking the defendant.  Defendant just blew her off.   $2700 to plaintiff, her entire payment.

(Judge Marilyn says that Douglas seems happy to have her back in Connecticut.   As she said, faking handing objects back and forth was not good.)

Case 3 Plaintiffs hired defendant for handyman work, and defendant's tool belt scratched their Lincoln MKS (? or something like that) car, and they want $  .   Defendant says his toolbelt never touched the car.   Plaintiff says handyman was sick and staggering from the heat, but handyman says he didn't even have a tool belt.   Looking at the car damage photo, there is no way that was from a tool belt, that's from hitting something, like a concrete wall with the car.    Plaintiffs didn't mention the car damage until four days after it happened.  

Plaintiffs lose.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Hope it’s not permanent.

Must be just you. I'm getting the show, for all the good it does me.

12 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

"A Lottery Ticket Ruined Our Friendship" 

I just half paid attention to this nonsense with the silly girls, but when JM started the cheer-leading, friendship lectures, I quit. What kind of stores sell lottery tickets to minors?

13 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

-Woman wanted driveway, defendant says during Covid plaintiff was unreasonable.

Another contracting crook, Jeff Brinster, found something highly amusing about ripping a customer off and being exposed as a crook. Plaintiff was just too damned impatient for him to correct the incredibly shoddy job he did.  She only waited 8 months before suing him. Rome wasn't built in a day, you know. He was busy and stuff. Even though he admits the asphalt was obviously too cold to set properly, and he says it did not look like that mess when he left the job. I guess he's implying that plaintiff had a mental breakdown and went out there with a shovel to gouge and ruin her perfectly paved driveway. Gee, I hated him and his smirk. He answers all her texts, telling her tomorrow, or the day after, or next week he'll be there for sure, knowing full well all the while he had no intention of ever returning, let alone fixing his crappy work.  I guess he was laughing it up because he gets to keep the money but at least P got the full amount back. The name of his company was shown here, Potential customers, take note.

22 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiffs hired defendant for handyman work, and defendant's tool belt scratched their Lincoln MKS (? or something like that) car, and they want $ 

Total bottom feeders who couldn't even remember their lies for the short duration of this case - well, at least the hubby couldn't. Def was installing an awning on their house and he looked like he was going to pass out from the heat. He was staggering and panting and puffing so came into the garage where P keeps his prized car. P never thought to as much as offer him a glass of water, let alone call 911 for this person who was on the verge of collapse. P saw nothing but heard the noise of D damaging the car, but said nothing to him because of his terrible health condition, not then and not for the next hour that D worked. He said nothing at all to anyone for over 4 days when he backed the car out of the garage and told his wife, "Look what Bobby did!"

JM wants to know why he didn't at least tell his wife about this in all those days? Well, they live in the same house but never crossed paths in those four days because they eat dinner at different times. Really, another case of if you want to be a petty scammer at least have half a brain.

Bobby smashed his tool belt into the car when he threw himself against to get some air from the fan. As JM notes, Bobby, who is 5'11" must wear his toolbelt around his knees, since the fender was bashed and the paint scraped just above the wheel. Get lost, you money-grubbers. In the hall, P insists he now remembers he did tell his wife about it sometime or other, even though during the case she says he did not. He again adds that they don't eat together.

We also found out, as Judge John apparently did for the first time, that JM wanted a 4th child. 😦 TMI, in my opinion.

• Love 5
On 9/14/2021 at 2:13 PM, PsychoKlown said:

Hope it’s not permanent.

Same thing in Baltimore. The station here changed things up for the fall and TPC’s coming on earlier now. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, readheaded said:

Same thing in Baltimore. The station here changed things up for the fall and TPC’s coming on earlier now. 

After seeing today’s episode I’m not sure it’s a tragedy if I do miss it.

The repossessed case was an eyeful.  That’s what’s going to make it so difficult to forget it. 

And on a side note - the nice neighbors-refrigerator sales- repairman was no doubt intimidated as to what would happen if he didn’t jump every time the plaintiff said to.  In his words (paraphrased) I don’t want any trouble from the neighbors.

Move buddy.  Move.

"Return Riot"   Case 1- 18 year old sold a machine to defendant on ebay, and she wants a refund, but hasn't returned the machine, and he wants his $750.  From the preview plaintiff's mommy got involved, and I'm sure Judge Marilyn will be chiming in about what a good mom she is.  Brother PE800 sewing machine, missing some piece of the cover, noting the missing little cover, and defendant bought it, for $700.   The needle plate is missing.  

Defendant buys it, she orders the missing cover, but the electronic manager of the machine still has the error message, still saying something's wrong with the machine.     When defendant contacted plaintiff, he offered a $50 or $100 discount to defendant.    Then, it gets really ugly after plaintiff's mom butts in, and defendant escalates with vile messages.

Defendant demands a return shipping label from plaintiff, and for plaintiff to pay for shipping, and do a refund.   Defendant says she never received the shipping label.     Ebay, as usual, decided in defendant's favor, and gave her the $750 refund.  

Defendant wants $100 to fix the machine, keep the machine and the $750 for the machine.   I think defendant is a crook.    Judge Marilyn decides defendant should pay plaintiff $650 plus court costs.   Defendant is livid. 

Case 2 - Plaintiffs bought a car from defendant, for $4,000+, but defendant repo'd the car.  Defendant says plaintiffs didn't pay the entire car costs.   Plaintiff man says defendant got everyone in the neighborhood on his case, and she's mean to him. Defendant says after the first payment of $500, plaintiffs wanted defendant to sign the title over to them, and defendant said not until it was paid off.    Then, plaintiffs made a few of the $100 a week payments, then stopped, so defendant repo'd the car.   Defendant also claims plaintiff man deliberately hit her other car, and drove off.   Then, wife shows up at the scene and argues with the police.    Plaintiffs are the worst over actors on the show this week.   Plaintiff wife took her shirt off in the middle of the street, and we have that on video.   Defendant had car towed to her house, because plaintiffs kept the keys to it.    

Defendant repo'd car one day, after hit-and-run, so she has to pay the $800 plaintiffs paid her and court costs.   (I liked this case for the video).   Defendant thinks she should have kept the $800 to pay for her car damage from plaintiff husband's hit and run. 

• Love 6

"Return Riot

"Riot"? Oh, STFU, Levin, with your stupid alliterations which usually make zero sense. BTW, caught him last night on his execrable TMZ, with his ever-present ginormous, gallon sippy cup, snickering and giggling with his freakish misfit crew about "making out in public".  Ugh. What kind of people watch this?

Anyway, the Little Lord, eBay wheeler and dealer, gets in over his head with the def, who bought some old sewing machine from him. No, he doesn't know anything about what he sold her, but it was defective so Mommy has to step in defend her overly-coiffed baby against the mean old lady.  Def wants her money back, but Boy offers her 100$ discount. She refuses since at the time she didn't know how much it would cost to fix the machine. She gets her 750$ refunded by eBay and when the machine is fixed repairs cost 100$, just what she was offered. Boy gets all nasty in the messages, using F-bombs and calling her a crook (which it turns out she is). JM applies discount P offered and returns 650$ to him. She also hoped the little man learned something about dealing with customers from this.

JM tells Mommy her boy is all grown up and to let him handle his business. Considering she would defend her princesses to the death, I was kind of surprised at that. Anyway, she informs Def she can't keep all the money AND the machine, which is what she did. Duh!

Case 2 - Plaintiffs bought a car from defendant, for $4,000

I just couldn't with this. I couldn't understand the P with the gold teeth about the foster mothers and adopted cousins and second adopted cousins and whatever, and was too tired to try.

Plaintiff wife took her shirt off in the middle of the street, and we have that on video.

I was FF'ing but stopped at that video. For real?? Strip down to underwear to do battle on the street? I don't know why I was so shocked. It's not like we haven't see women do that before on court shows. But still.....damn.  JM wanted to know about bra-in-public situation. I couldn't begin FF'ing fast enough again.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

And on a side note - the nice neighbors-refrigerator sales- repairman was no doubt intimidated as to what would happen if he didn’t jump every time the plaintiff said to.

Oh, them! Super-wimpy doormat meets unbelievable, gross and unashamed entitlement. I'm glad at least his wife has a little more of a backbone and put the kibosh on giving imperious P their food stamps. Seems he had no problem taking food from his own children to pack P's fridge. Wow.

ETA: Oh, wait - is this the right case? The one I saw he was selling his own used fridge for 400$ was neither a salesman nor a repairman...?

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

ETA: Oh, wait - is this the right case? The one I saw he was selling his own used fridge for 400$ was neither a salesman nor a repairman...?

Yes.  It is the right case.

It was his refrigerator so he played the role of salesman selling it to the plaintiff, then, when it didn’t cool he went over there and tried to fix it for he.  He also fixed a basketball hoop (according to JM) and offered more food because she stuffed the fridge with $40 cake -or a half cake because she ate the other half.  According to the guy he has never seen so much food stuffed in a refrigerator.  She did not get it to a cooling temperature before putting all the food inside.

All this because he was terrified she would kick his ass.  The poor sap said he didn’t want to cause any trouble in the neighborhood.  I would have explained to her the whole “as is” theory of the law and court shows.  

Then I’d move in the middle of the night.  Quickly.

It was his refrigerator so he played the role of salesman selling it to the plaintiff, then, when it didn’t cool he went over there and tried to fix it for he.

Okay, got it.

said he didn’t want to cause any trouble in the neighborhood.

As in "I didn't want any rocks through my windows or my car keyed to shit" which is the usual way our litigants resolve any discord over the purchase of some cheap used item that that does not perform as expected.

• Love 3