Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Celebrity: Mother Dough

Anne and Tyler watch their teams go head-to-head in the kitchen playing multiple rounds of celebrity-driven food games; the recruits have to make their own unique pizzas; the two least successful recruits face off in a bruschetta challenge.

Aw, Nolan was my favorite. 

I'm not sure I want to watch the blond gnome's grimaces, facial tics and terrible posture for the remaining episodes. I like Catherine more as the show goes on - it's kind of a shame she never gets the talking heads. LaToya also grew on me as she's a little odd, but seems to have her head in the game. 

• Love 9

Everyone on this season, including Anne and Tyler, has been rather funny - except the comedienne.  I was hoping she'd get sent home this episode because I'm really sick of her.  I like everyone else although what Catherine has done to her face makes her hard to look at.  Nolan seemed like a very nice kid.  I was sorry to see him go.

I liked the charades game.  That would be fun to do in real life.

• Love 9

OK, I take back what I said about LaToya. I still can’t stand her laugh but that comedienne needs to go now. My two favorites were the bottom two so I knew I would be disappointed. Catherine doesn’t bug me too much. I would like to see her in the finals against either Oscar or LaToya.

• Love 1

Maybe I missed something - what was the point of the charades game? 

One team wins - did they get an advantage of some kind?  It seemed to be "yeay!  you won! now let's move on to the competition!" 

That sums it up quite well.  :)  I don't think there was any point other than having an amusing activity/sight gags.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

TYLER PUT MAYONNAISE IN HIS BOLOGNESE! I don't now how to move forward.  

Did he really??  I must've dozed off.  Is that even a thing?

The fact that "mayonnaise in his bolognese" rhymes makes me want to write a song about it.  This could get ugly.

I'm sad that Nolan had to leave.  I think I would've liked his bruschetta better (that can go in the song, too!), because what's wrong with bacon?

• Love 4
(edited)

I agree with everyone that Nolan was my favorite and I am sad to see him go. Also, that Maria the un-funny "comedian" should go and soon. She is not pleasant to watch at all.

And I call major shenanigans on the timeline for the pizza challenge. It is simply not possible to make a yeast dough, proof it, and use it to make a finished pizza all in the span of an hour. Not sure why they have to mess with the timeline so much.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 6

I was so sad when it was Nolan and Oscar in the elimination face-off.  I enjoyed them both so much-nice humor and they both seemed to be having fun.  Nolan especially seemed to be having a blast.  I was really hoping that Maria and Ian would be in the elimination face-off as they are my least favorites.  

I found it interesting that when LaToya was playing charades (doing the acting) that she seemed totally focused.  This reinforced my opinion of how much of an act she puts on.  Having said that, I kind of like her more than in the beginning as she does seem to take it fairly seriously and is pretty good when she applies herself.

I want Nolan back, as he enjoyed the experience, his teammates, and the mentors.  Just seems nice all the way around.

• Love 6

The thing that confused me about the bolognese Tyler was making was I thought the VO said he was adding mustard and what I thought I saw go in was mayo. I know he was making "cheeseburger pizza" (I do not think that should be a thing; YMMV) so I get that he was trying to incorporate typical flavors but it did seem a bit odd.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, theatremouse said:

Is it normal to have eggs and oil in bolognese?

No. Eggs are not in Bolognese. Oil/butter in the pan with onions, celery, carrots then you add the meat, some nutmeg and milk and cook it for at least 4 to 5 hours adding mayonnaise is straight up wrong. He was making pizza so just do a pizza sauce with meat don't call it a bolognese and for everyone's sake don't add mayo to either. I know it was filmed at different times but I wish there was a clip to Ann objecting when he put it in. 

• Love 3

I usually like Tyler's recipes, but mayonnaise in bolognese and then on pizza is just all kinds of wrong.  My Italian relatives are turning over in their graves at the thought.

I find it curious that so many people find Maria Bamford so annoying.  I'm not a fan but she doesn't offend me enough to want her gone.  I can tune her out like background noise.  I can think of past contestants on this show more annoying and creepy than her.  She recently had a series on Netflix that was critically acclaimed but due to the severity of her bipolar disorder she had to cut back on filming a lot so the show was not renewed for this year.  I have a hard time being hard on anyone that has that disorder to that degree.  My own BFF has it and it's no joke even with the meds.

Also, I have to say is that Oscar Nunez is surprisingly funny.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I find it curious that so many people find Maria Bamford so annoying.  I'm not a fan but she doesn't offend me enough to want her gone.  I can tune her out like background noise.  I can think of past contestants on this show more annoying and creepy than her.  She recently had a series on Netflix that was critically acclaimed but due to the severity of her bipolar disorder she had to cut back on filming a lot so the show was not renewed for this year.  I have a hard time being hard on anyone that has that disorder to that degree.  My own BFF has it and it's no joke even with the meds.

I saw Maria Bamford do stand up as a new comic 20 years ago. I swear I said at the time "Good for her for trying but this isn't for everyone." So I don't hate her but I am quite shocked that she found a career in it.

(And she can be annoying with a contorted face / squeaky voice gimmick, but hasn't been so here. I'd rather see Ian go before her. Or they can keep everyone and just reminisce about how great it was to kick out Bronson Pinchot.

• Love 1
On 5/1/2018 at 1:27 AM, Mondrianyone said:

Did he really??  I must've dozed off.  Is that even a thing?

The fact that "mayonnaise in his bolognese" rhymes makes me want to write a song about it.  This could get ugly.

I'm sad that Nolan had to leave.  I think I would've liked his bruschetta better (that can go in the song, too!), because what's wrong with bacon?

I'm hearing a low down bluesy beat.

On 5/1/2018 at 7:42 PM, theatremouse said:

Is it normal to have eggs and oil in bolognese?

NO!

On 4/29/2018 at 8:10 PM, mlp said:

Everyone on this season, including Anne and Tyler, has been rather funny - except the comedienne.  I was hoping she'd get sent home this episode because I'm really sick of her.  I like everyone else although what Catherine has done to her face makes her hard to look at.  Nolan seemed like a very nice kid.  I was sorry to see him go.

I liked the charades game.  That would be fun to do in real life.

I love to play charades but they had it backwards.  One person acts out the word and the others guess.  

Too bad that Maria is bi polar but she is not funny and her mugging to the camera is cringe worthy. 

LaToya is playing for teachers pet and it is working.  Tyler will take her ti the finale.  

• Love 3