Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Lei It to Rest

• Start Topic

The house throws a massive luau on the final weekend of the summer; Ashley's husband arrives from California; Carl and Stephen confront their unresolved issues; the housemates tire of Kyle and Amanda's drama.

1 minute ago, Fiero425 said:

What would you expect with that harpy just relentlessly yappin' at him? ;-)

Uh, two harpies relentlessly yapping.

Harpy #1: I want two fried eggs.

Harpy #2: I want toast, and avocado, and bacon.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Pickles said:

Brad is whipped.

Oh my gosh. He is. The sound of Ashley barking, "Come on, Brad!" gave me chills. 

48 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

I really like Kyle + Amanda. AND Carl. IRL, that would probably be the ones I'll bond with.

Same. Kyle drinks too much and probably wouldn't make a good long term partner. But he can be pretty damn funny. I like Amanda. I don't see her as having Kyle on a "chain" at all. She's been pretty chill all summer. Who can blame her if Kyle's non-stop drinking grates after awhile. But Lauren has the nerve to act like she's got Kyle's balls in her purse - when her sister clearly has HER husband's in a fireproof safe? Please. 

And I really like how Carl has stuck up for Amanda and not let those Wirkus twins run all over him. 

• Love 16

God I hate Stephen and Ashley. I actually think Lauren has a chance to be a decent person without those two around (though maybe I'm suffering recency bias). I feel soooo sorry for Brad. Ashley is just so rude all the time. And Stephen shouldn't feel bad about his sexuality, but he should feel bad about being a petty, self absorbed asshole. This goes to the whole "self esteem movement" or Ashley thinking Lauren just needs to focus on herself. NO. These people already are too self absorbed with too high opionins of themselves. They need some humility and compassion for other people. They don't need to just feel better about themselves all the time. 

And Lindsey was so great this season, but I'm pretty sure Nick is gay. And that boy band you were hot for sucked. I wonder how Bravo found them?

This house would have been so much more fun with just Carl, Amit, Danielle, Kyle, Amanda, and Lindsey. Maybe throw in a couple more people. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Oh my gosh. He is. The sound of Ashley barking, "Come on, Brad!" gave me chills. 

This is exactly the kind of man Lauren wants. She tried it with Carl, he wasn't having it. 

• Love 8

Brad was definitely not what I was expecting.  For some reason I was thinking she married some alpha male type a/k/a not this guy.   He seemed nice enough though.

I too think Lauren could be decent, but Stephen & Ashley are horrible.   God help me, I’m starting to like Carl if for no other reason than he calls out the Wirkus and Stephen bullshit.   I’ll always like Kyle and find Amanda and him to be a decent couple.  The drama between Kyle & Amanda is nothing like the dysfunction between Lyndsay and Everett.  And sans Everett, Lyndsay is much more like able. 

• Love 12

Usually the last ep includes the black screen as to what happened to these folks.  Then I saw there is a reunion tonight, which would explain the absence of the black screen.

(edited)
9 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Stephen : bring your whiny ass somewhere else and call back your mom, moron !

To be fair I think he didn't call his mom back because it was late and he had been drinking. 

19 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

Lame excuse with Stephen concerning Carl; "I had to choose between you and Lauren!" ;-(

Yeah that was bullshit because he told Lauren when she and Carl were dating solely to drive a wedge between them.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

The server at the Italian restaurant Kyle and Amanda went to was incredibly terse and short with them during their drink order. It really stood out. 

"Can I get a sparkling rosé?"

"Yeah" while turning away.

Eesh!

Maybe she was aggravated because Amanda was only wearing one earring....

• Love 1
15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

To be fair I think he didn't call his mom back because it was late and he had been drinking. 

Yea, but I think they showed him later, during the day, and he still wasn't interested in calling her. I thought he said something like, "Maybe when I'm back in NY." It sounded like he really was just looking for excuses to put it off. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Yeah that was bullshit because he told Lauren when she and Carl were dating solely to drive a wedge between them.

35 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, but I think they showed him later, during the day, and he still wasn't interested in calling her. I thought he said something like, "Maybe when I'm back in NY." It sounded like he really was just looking for excuses to put it off. 

Yes, exactly this, Ghoulina ! I don't remember who asked him (Lauren ?), but he gave +/- this answer (I remembered as "No, I will call her back later, when back in the city")

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, Fiero425 said:

Lame excuse with Stephen concerning Carl; "I had to choose between you and Lauren!" ;-(

It was the worst, most bogus excuse for betraying someone's trust.  I still don't believe he sees himself as the villain in what happened when he is most definitely the villain.  Nothing in what Carl told him would make it difficult to keep being a friend with Lauren because what happened had zero to do with Lauren.  He just wanted to spread some gossip.  Man, I really cannot stand him and I hope he gets roasted at the reunion.  Carl shouldn't have lied to Lauren but Lauren never should have known about it in the first place unless he decided to tell her. 

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:38 AM, ghoulina said:

And I really like how Carl has stuck up for Amanda and not let those Wirkus twins run all over him. 

This has probably been the thing that has made me warm to him the most.  He's stuck his neck out for Amanda when he really didn't have to knowing they'd just turn their bile on him as soon as he uttered a peep but he did it anyway.  I respect him for doing that.  I'm actually believing he's trying to change.  

• Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Peper81 said:

It was the worst, most bogus excuse for betraying someone's trust.  I still don't believe he sees himself as the villain in what happened when he is most definitely the villain.  Nothing in what Carl told him would make it difficult to keep being a friend with Lauren because what happened had zero to do with Lauren.  He just wanted to spread some gossip.  Man, I really cannot stand him and I hope he gets roasted at the reunion.  Carl shouldn't have lied to Lauren but Lauren never should have known about it in the first place unless he decided to tell her. 

Read on! Andy tried to nail Stephen, but he "hem'd" & "haw'd" for a while thinking "Carl said it to a group and I didn't think it something to keep confidential!" He's FOS of course and knew exactly what he was doing and he's irredeemable IMB! A simple apology won't cut it; esp. with him still holding a grudge concerning "Pride!" He's so put upon and abused by all concerned in his pathetic mind! ;-(

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 1