Type keyword(s) to search

Hopes and Fears: How Will We Survive This Island? (Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers)

quarks
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Lyla remains my favorite but there is a strong logical case for Diggle and there could be one for Laurel.  

Laurel,  since she is a lawyer and they could spin that somehow plus it gets her character development apart from Team Arrow which is needed IMO for any legitimate version of Black Canary. Even with Nyssa's help, she's still close to a side kick to do the character justice.  Still, a long shot because I don't think they'd want to move her away from Arrow and I think they'd run into conflict by putting her in the same show as Caity Lotz again.  On the plus side we could finally see their relationship as it should have been IMO showcased on Arrow.

Lyla just quit Argus (and technically Diggle also quit TA but more on that in a minute) and there is an assumption that with the upcoming Suicide Squad movie the powers that be will nix any further use of Waller or Argus, but we have a fully capable missions leader in Lyla and going to and from the different teams could help unite all three shows while giving her a position that is family friendly which is what she and Diggle are looking for.  Plus Lyla is an awesome character that deserves to be further explored.

Diggle also is looking for a more family friendly position so he too IMO would be a good fit for a roving character that ties all the shows together, not as good as Lyla but he is a fan favorite that could help with the ratings and a unique enough character that I don't feel like he'd be stepping on anyone's toes when he visits Flash or Team Justice (my nickname for the possible spinoff).  I also think he is dangerously underused  AND misused on Arrow so I feel like they could spread him around without drastically affecting the quality of Diggle that we currently have.  Also by making him a scarcer commodity, maybe he'd actually get treated and written better on Arrow when they have him.  

Both he and Lyla also are good options because neither needs to worry about romantic personal development.  They have an established family life that can be maintained and explored without the need for a long arc or lots of attention. 

Of course the first name that jumps to everyone's mind is Felicity since she was the link between The Flash and Arrow and now again with Roy and the Arrow.   Plus she works for Palmer Industries so when Roy moves to his spin off there is already a built in link.  The negatives for that is it could be kind of awkward to hang out with a former boyfriend   (I HOPE!!!!  Please let them break up for good.)  Conversely if for some reason she didn't break up with Ray, she'd have an excuse to be there to work on her long distance relationship.  (Assuming Ray leaves Starling)  On the Flash side she's repeating a function that Cisco fill just fine now and I know Iris fans have concerns about her.

Personally I HATE the idea of making Felicity a floater between the three show since unlike Diggle, she does need a lot of romantic personal development and that is best done in small dollops over time and in the same show preferably with Oliver.   If they are together as a couple I want to see that development.  If they are back to being just friends, I need to watch that development and parse our just what it really means in the long run.   I need to see the interaction no matter what.  I know lots of people don't need a romantic pairing to drive interest in a show (and I'm that way over on Flash) but now that I've had it on Arrow, I can't go back) 

Frankly if they make her a floater It would feel like the show runners are sending a message that Olicity is not on the future table and yeah, if that is the reality, it's a deal breaker for me for probably all three shows.  I would spend too much time being upset over the waste of her character.   It might actually be great exposure for EBR (same for DR) but would potentially ruin the shows for me.    

I worry that TPTB still might go there, for one, they are facing the question of what to do with Felicity next year when presumably she won't have a storyline at work to service.   That IMO could easily change if Oliver actually got his company back or even just have some kind of interesting products in development or shock, have her interact with other characters on the show.  I have no idea what they are going to do but I will watch and wait with a lot of concern until I find out.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7

If the rumor is true and Tom Welling aka Superman aka "the most beautiful man on earth" is going to be on the Flash, they better have him on Arrow too. I'm willing to beg to make it happen!

• Love 1

About the Tom Welling rumor...

Sorry, but on tumblr, MG has already said: "And, no, Tom Welling isn’t appearing as Superman in the Arrowverse."  However, I suppose this doesn't rule out him appearing as another character.

Edited by tv echo

Tom Welling is very attractive & appears genuine on screen. His characters always seem relatable & authentic. So I would not be opposed if they found a role for him to be on Arrow, mask or no mask required. I would love for him to have a season or multi-season arc. The cast is pretty full, but I could see him in a recurring role. Perhaps as a love interest for LL, since I think that would help round out her character. He's too old for Thea, so that would not be an option. And FS should not be on the table as an option, since hopefully OQ will finally convince the writers to let him have more than just a slice of happiness with FS. Despite any/all of our desires & the writers' heavy overtones there is almost no way I ever see DC allowing the Arrow/Flash/Spin-Off to use Superman or Batman on TV. I think the writers have as much said that those two characters will almost always be on the can't use list.

Also, the rumor started because the dudebros at K-Site thought it would be a ~super fun~ April Fools joke to post an article saying Tom Welling would guest star as Clark/Supes on Supergirl. And then it derailed from there.

I actually feel like there's a directive in place for their casting department: nobody that can be easily recognized as part of Smallville is to be cast. They're not even using the second/third tier Vancouverites from Smallville that usually pop up in every Vancouver-based show. And I know they're all still around, because they keep showing up in all the other current Vancouver shows.

• Love 1

Thanks @ dancingnancy for the insight on the Vancouverites and casting.

I must admit it is interesting to think that they would be so specific in having Arrow avoid Smallville casting, but then allow Brandon Routh to be cast as ATOM, when he is known (for better or for worse) as Superman. Maybe because they've recast Henry Cavill, they think the audience will forget he was Superman. But its interesting to think about none the less. Its also find it a little intriguing that CW & DCtv were dragging their feet on signing off on a project that revolved around just ATOM/BR, but have been more favorable now that it is a group hero/villain venture.

I can't explain exactly, but it's a vibe I got from Berlanti from interviews way back in Arrow S1, that he really didn't want these properties in anyway associated with Smallville. OTOH, I've seen Kreisberg actually discuss Smallville in terms of specific episodes and storylines, like someone who actively watched and liked the show.

But still, the lack of the actors that might have the audience going "oh, hey, I know them from Smallville!" is glaring to me, especially since they've been specifically going after actors with cult/nerd street cred from other cult/nerd properties.

• Love 2
Perhaps as a love interest for LL, since I think that would help round out her character.

OMG, NO, NO, NO! Keep him away from LL. Haven't we suffered enough with ED as Lois?

Brandon Routh to be cast as ATOM, when he is known (for better or for worse) as Superman.

He was never Superman (it's my story and I'm sticking to it, lol)

Its also find it a little intriguing that CW & DCtv were dragging their feet on signing off on a project that revolved around just ATOM/BR, but have been more favorable now that it is a group hero/villain venture.

Who would watch a show with him as the main star? Most fans FFed Felicity!!!! cuz he was in scenes with her. I don't think the new show is going to be a hit.

Can you imagine how much time will be freed up to tell the stories of Arrow characters once Ray is gone?  I really am back to not hating him but I do resent the time he's taken from us (and Felicity)  I admit to being a little nervous about how they incorporate Felicity back into the main story since they've mostly kept her sidelined this season. 

Also, since I assume that by next season Laurel won't need extra time to show her training we should pick up some time from her for plot and character wherever it is needed.   

• Love 2

Diggle also is looking for a more family friendly position so he too IMO would be a good fit for a roving character that ties all the shows together, not as good as Lyla but he is a fan favorite that could help with the ratings and a unique enough character that I don't feel like he'd be stepping on anyone's toes when he visits Flash or Team Justice (my nickname for the possible spinoff).  I also think he is dangerously underused  AND misused on Arrow so I feel like they could spread him around without drastically affecting the quality of Diggle that we currently have.  Also by making him a scarcer commodity, maybe he'd actually get treated and written better on Arrow when they have him  

Of course the first name that jumps to everyone's mind is Felicity since she was the link between The Flash and Arrow and now again with Roy and the Arrow.   Plus she works for Palmer Industries so when Roy moves to his spin off there is already a built in link.  The negatives for that is it could be kind of awkward to hang out with a former boyfriend   (I HOPE!!!!  Please let them break up for good.)  Conversely if for some reason she didn't break up with Ray, she'd have an excuse to be there to work on her long distance relationship.  (Assuming Ray leaves Starling)  On the Flash side she's repeating a function that Cisco fill just fine now and I know Iris fans have concerns about her.

Well I like the idea of Diggle being "the floater" I think it would a really good thing for the character and David Ramsey. Good for the reasons you mentioned. Regardless of who it is though, I think Felicity will still float between the 3 shows as well, she just seems to easily link with other characters, home or away. 

About the Tom Welling rumor...

as superman

.....seems a little late for April fools jokes.

Edited by Conell

I think there will be an official "floater" and then there be crossovers with the main characters from all 3 shows. I also don't think the floater will be Diggle because he is critical to Team Arrow & show demographics. The more the CW drags on the Spin-off the more likely I see this floater only being a bit player, but Lila feels that role at least contractually. Arrow won't commit to losing someone on their current contracted cast (like Roy or MM) that they could use in their main storyline. They need time to prepare the arcs (although you wouldn't necessarily believe that at times).

Tom Welling to play Superman on the new Supergirl spinoff is most certainly from Ksite's April Fools prank.  I saw the tweets first hand confessing they'd been at it again.   The same prank had Allison Mack hired to play Felicity's sister. 

I think that since that idea about Welling was put out into the universe, the rumor mill has spawned all sorts of new "spoilers"

It should be noted that many times Ksite's April Fools "predictions" have come true.  So never say never.   

I think there will be an official "floater" and then there be crossovers with the main characters from all 3 shows

Agreed.  I haven't hated it on Flash but that's because I watch Flash so I'm not missing out on character development.  I'll probably watch the new show too but I do worry about the designated floater.  I made a case for Diggle but Lyla remains my number one choice.  I'd love to see her character more and she makes lots of sense though sense doesn't seem to be the most important thing governing TPTB's choices. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Team Arrow was getting to big to be manageable but I didn't want Roy to leave.  I really hope that Thea replaces him as Oliver's sidekick and not Laurel.  Maybe she can start her own Team with Nyssa and Sin.  And Helena in season 5.

• Love 2

I really hope that S4 gets back to saving Starling City and its citizens. This season has been all personal attacks and big overreaching villains. And thats fine, but I miss them going after names on the book and stopping serial killers and bank robbers and drug dealers. I want a better balance. 

• Love 6
I really hope that S4 gets back to saving Starling City and its citizens. This season has been all personal attacks and big overreaching villains. And thats fine, but I miss them going after names on the book and stopping serial killers and bank robbers and drug dealers. I want a better balance.

I fully agree. Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins is the kind of thing you do in the last season, with the team at its peak and you want the final episodes to be truly epic. It got too big too fast and really, where do they go from here?

• Love 5

I fully agree. Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins is the kind of thing you do in the last season, with the team at its peak and you want the final episodes to be truly epic. It got too big too fast and really, where do they go from here?

Yeah, I'm wondering that myself. How do they walk this back? Unless they're leaving Starling City for good, I don't know how they can fix this. Roy Harper is "dead", and Captain Lance is discredited, but if the Arrow suddenly shows up again in six months, his theories are suddenly going to look more plausible. I don't know.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I hope they Season 4 will not spend another 9 episodes twisting plot, logic, characters and TIME ITSELF around to to prop other "superhero" masks' journeys and get back to the story of Oliver Queen and OG Team Arrow. Thea and Roy are both welcome.

Seriously

+ Bonus Flash props.

Add the Flash Crossover (as great as it was) and  39% of the season was not focused on the Title character. Season 4 is "the quite dreams I keep to myself"

• Love 4

Hopes for season four:

- Laurel, Malcolm, Ray, and Ra's all leave permanently.

- No more day trips to Nanda Parbat and the LoA is only mentioned in passing (but Nyssa is cool, she can stay).

- Lots of interactions between Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, and Thea.  I want all possible combinations!

- Roy returns by popular demand.

- More focus on characters and their relationships.

- Less writing to plot, more organic storytelling.

- Actual story arcs for Diggle, Felicity, and Thea.

- WAY less crossovers.

- Return to villain of the week stuff---these guys can't handle the complexity of a serialized story.

- Better stunts (not being able to clearly spot the stunt double's face would be nice, for sure).

-

Sara

occasionally visits to help Oliver on missions.

- No Oliver/Felicity relationship angst.  I want happy, loving, simpatico Oliver/Felicity.

- Smiling, happy Oliver.

- Relevant flashbacks.  Bratva Oliver could be very interesting.

- More Donna Smoak.

- No more separating Oliver from Team Arrow.  Like, ever again.

• Love 14

My hopes for Season Four are:

*No more focus on the Lances/Canaries - they've gotten more than enough attention in the past three seasons (often to the detriment of the show, imo)

*Individual story arcs for Diggle and Felicity that last more than one episode (ie: Suicide Squad) and aren't based around romantic drama (ie: Felicity/Ray)

*Oliver/Felicity in a mostly angst-free, mature relationship

*No Baby Mama Drama (unlikely, but this is the hopes thread)

*Oliver being allowed to be happy for more than the first half of the season premiere

*More focus on Oliver/Diggle/Felicity as a team

*Diggle out in the field way more often than he was this season

*More Diggle/Felicity scenes and Thea/Felicity scenes

*More Mama Smoak

• Love 15

Agree with most of Sonofabiscuit & DrSpaceman10 lists. I would add please no more babies for anyone except Diggle. Diggle may have as many adorable babies as he pleases. Everyone else needs to keep themselves well protected & save the babies for later seasons.

• Love 2

I hope that this season ends happily for Oliver and Felicity.  Then, if the EPs make their relationship go to pieces next season, I can just stop watching and pretend that the series ended after three seasons.

• Love 10

Ha, I've been feeling the same way. But I do have hopes that without the burden of a spinoff character and the BC origin story, and once we are theoretically through the worst in terms of Oliver's existential crisis, that the show could become something fun and coherent again. And I think, handled properly, O/F as a couple should fit right into that. So fingers crossed that they take a break from romantic angst, and just let the relationship be happy and functional for awhile, and that the show improves for it.

• Love 10

It's funny my favourite (non romantic room with candles scene) scene was in the jet. Where she gave him the blanket and said she wanted him to feel like he was growing when she gave him no choice in coming to Nanda Parbat. That in a bottle is Olicity. If they do go with allowing them happiness, grow from that scene. It was funny, sweet, painful and all things we love about them. Pleeeease.

• Love 13

Exactly. There are so many scenes this season that play as though they are already together. You know, you up the level of physicality a bit, toss in some affectionate words, but really all they need to do is to allow the characters to return to the dynamic that made viewers like them in the first place.

• Love 11

Looking to the next season.  A few thoughts have been going through my mind.  One is that Laurel will probably be the one on some version of Palmer Island (since IMO she needs to grow independently of Oliver if she's is ever a credible BC and there can't be an awful lot more they can do with her "journey" toward being a mask.  Once she's there, most of that story is her suiting up and fighting and we know from Roy that doesn't automatically come with actual lines or a story)  So my guess is she'd be tied to the overreaching arc of the season but whatever it is won't tie back to Oliver until at least the halfway point.  Love interest, no love interest.  Could go either way. 

A lot depends on if Quentin is allowed to survive the season.  (I really hope he does personally. )  If he dies, then Laurel can morn her dad and feel guilty over driving him to an early grave or something. I really don't want that.  I don't want ANYONE crying next season unless it's in joy.  (Yeah, good luck on that wish.  SIgh)

The good news about Laurel perhaps being tied to the big bad (or at least whatever newbie they introduce to the Arrow universe), we'd likely have Felicity back more with the team. If that happens, chances are that Felicity could have a fair drop in her screen time since like it or not, she spent a lot of time propping Palmer.  My gut reaction is that I'd take quality over quantity but I hope the writers (after having sidelined her for a year) remember HOW to incorporate Felicity in a natural way to Oliver's storyline (or Diggle's or Thea's or even Laurels.)   As much as I would like for her to have her own storyline, I wouldn't be surprised if her dad is something that only lasts for a couple episodes.   I think that would be a waste but it would not surprise me.  

And I know I'm jumping the gun with three episodes still left, but if the Arrow in Starling City isn't an option (for a while I'd assume, though maybe a copycat could crop up quickly that they'd have to deal with and then he could slip back into the role, sorry, I digress) then what will the Team be doing next season? 

I assume Felicity would still have her day job at Palmer Tech.  But that leaves Oliver at loose ends.  The idea of Diggle opening his own security firm has been tossed around before.  I don't suppose TPTB of Arrow might try to return to a more one and done formula for the episodes and maybe try to introduce clients for Team Arrow to take.  It sounds very fanfictiony but after season three I'd say most fanfic writers put a lot more thought into their storylines than Arrow producers so skies the limit on crazy, right? 

The more logical storyline would be Oliver working to regain a piece of his company or since QC doen't exist, work on opening a new company with the Queen's name on it.  (What was the company name in the future Flash newspaper set to merge with Wayne Tech?)  Felicity is brilliant.  She should be creating things worth marketing.  Build the company around her brains.  She could even run it after a year as VP at PT.  All very logical, right?  But Logic isn't the showrunner's first concern.       

Of course the flaw with DIggle hiring Oliver to work at some security company is if he would hire him.  Let's skip all the spoiler stuff and would any self respecting client want Oliver Queen dealing with their safety or sensitive personal concerns? 

Yeah, I pondering these things waaaaay too soon.   It's going to be a long summer.  I should be holding back until we at least know what pieces we'll have to work with.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

So this is pure speculation. But I've been perusing & partaking in some Arrow fanfiction, and it seems the writers of both the show & fanfic seem to draw from similar wells. I'm not sure if that is purely coincidental or if the writers intentionally tap into some of the fanfic themes/characterizations/moments when they are writing the scripts for inspiration. But either way, there seems to be some overlap. So it makes me wonder will there be sex trafficking in s4, especially if they bring in the Bratva?

It seems like there are a lot of stories linking OQ, Bratva & sex trafficking. Having watched other TV shows/movies with the Russian Mob, sex trafficking is one of their common business ventures. Also with Thea

becoming Speedy, I wonder if they will make a nod to the Mia Dearden character by having Thea somehow involved with sex trafficking. I do not think they will make her exploited (gosh I hope not!!) But perhaps as her recovery from the LP & what MM did to her maybe she will become involved in a charity helping victims of sex trafficking. So Speedy is part of the world but not a victim of it per say

although I don't believe they would have to incorporate Thea to still make it a valid story arc/plot. Sex trafficking is becoming a bigger issue in the real life & the media. Its an issue that needs attention, so it would be nice to see Arrow tackle real-life gritty again. Real life issues need heroes too. It could also be an organic/realistic way to include BC/LL in fighting with TeamArrow. So it makes me wonder will sex trafficking be a major part of s4? I'm kinda intrigued by the idea of putting it in Arrow world.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

In the Laurel thread, people were discussing how they could fix Laurel next season.  There is only one way that I could tolerate her.  I won't repeat myself since I've discussed it before, but my BIGGEST problems with Laurel are that KC makes some really questionable acting choices, she doesn't seem to understand her character at all (based on interviews), and she always seems to make the wrong emotional choices when selling her scenes (gleeful instead of sad, snarky instead of sympathetic, etc.).  

So, based on that, the only way to fix Laurel for me would be a complete recasting of the character.  Since metahumans exist in Arrow's universe now, we could have a metahuman of the week who goes around changing people's appearances or Freaky Fridaying them, or something like that.  The result is that now, maybe we have a Laurel Lance that looks a hell of a lot like Caity Lotz.  Never gonna happen, but that's the only thing (besides the character just going away forever) that would work for me and allow me to return to watching the show every week. 

• Love 5

I have no idea where I saw it now (I thought it was this thread, but I've missed it), but I saw someone recently throw out the idea that the reason Malcolm was so adamant that putting Thea in the LP was a bad, bad, bad, bad idea could be because he already tried that Tommy and it was a spectacular disaster (crazy zombie!Tommy disappeared into the wild, using the LP without permission was what set Ra's against him, etc.). I LOVE this idea, and it would explain a lot of Malcolm's motivation this season. PLUS, it would mean more (non-flashback) Tommy on my screen. Want. Need.

• Love 4

Long live Tommy in any incarnation they can put on my screen! Honestly, I don't want a dark Tommy, but would take it if it was written well. I wish they could use him more in Flashbacks or something.  Still sorta bummed it wasn't him that rescued OQ from the mountain ledge.

• Love 2

In 3x21, Ra's al Ghul says,"When I joined the League, I was conscripted with another man. Damien Darhk. We would become the prized agents of Ra's al Ghul. We were his horsemen. And he molded us into warriors the likes the world had never seen. We were as brothers... Damien continues the League's ways, but through his own organization filled with a hive of agents devoted to his own agenda. Last year, he tried to purchase Malcolm Merlyn's earthquake generator. He gave Gholem Qadir safe haven to Markovia. And he hired Mark Shaw to steal a secret file from A.R.G.U.S."

So now we know that season 4's Big Bad will be Damien Darhk, who's the head of HIVE.  But the mention of "horsemen" made me think of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.  They've set up Damien to be equal to Ra's in power and evil.  What if they're saving up two additional "horsemen" to be the Big Bad in later seasons?  

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I think they are trying to bring that image to mind when they say horsemen, but I think it's important to remember that when Malcolm was pleading for his life in episode 16 (I think) he said he was one of Ra's horsemen.  I am starting to think that horsemen is like a rank - a really high one - in the LoA.  If that is the case and Malcolm achieved it - I think Malcolm HAS to be aligned with one of the two other people who we were just told also held that title.  I think a lot of the season makes sense if Merlyn has been working for Ra's all along (and if Ra's ordered Merlyn to kill Sara, it adds evil to a villain who has so far just been kind of blah).

But the season could also work if Merlyn was recruited by Darhk after the undertaking (especially if he is the one who revived him with the LP water that Ra's said he stole).  It doesn't make Ra's whole blood debt against Merlyn make sense because apparently if you kill a few hundred innocent people, it violates some kind of code - unless of course you are rising to the rank of Ra's in which case slaughtering a few thousand innocent people is just fine.  (The only way THIS works for me is if there were never any blood debt at that was all a lie).  But it could make other things make some sense - like why target Sara (clearly to drive a wedge between Ra's and Nyssa - the one person most capable of protecting Ra's other than himself) and why setup Oliver to fulfill this prophesy (to create more internal strife in the LoA since presumably Ra's is worried that some league members would be loyal to Nyssa) and how Merlyn himself is both alive and has some many resources and sources with information, etc...

I think they could go either way with it, but Merlyn is definitely working for one of these guys. That is the only things that can make some of the more stupid plot lines gel for me this year.

• Love 3

The upside to having Damien Dahrk and H.I.V.E. as S4 big bads is more Diggle time. John and Andy flashbacks as  Diggle continues his search for why Andy was killed/murdered. (That is why I hate that Deadshot is supposed to be dead; he could be a reluctant resource for John--if the Squad was closer to the comics' interpretation, good help/cooperation was looked at favorably. I can see solid intel on HIVE being part of reducing Floyd's sentence some. )

I saw in the "Al Sahim" ep thread, that maybe Felicity's dad is Damien Dahrk. What if he is the tech guy for H.I.V.E.? Then there could be father/daughter tech battles/hack-offs. I would not want Felicity tied by blood to the type of super-villain Dahrk is painted as. After this season, she doesn't deserve that. But a tech/maths person that makes stupid money working for HIVE? Makes a bit more sense.)

Add me to the list of Pitted!Tommy folks. Crazypants Tommy takes up where cuckoo Merlyn leaves off--maybe even delivering the killing blow to his own dad? Then the writers can plunder Spider-Man too! Merlyn the Archer is "just like" crazypants Harry Osborne- our hero can't kill his enemy because of guilt over why he's an enemy in the first place. But, seriously, crazypants Tommy as Merlyn T. Archer is potential fun.

Maybe Laurel and Nyssa and Helena can get together, bust some evil-doers and then go to Big Belly for fries and shakes? Invite Lyla, Thea and Felicity and there's an episode, right there. Fabulous ladies and BAMFs of all types.

I  would like Walter to show up and have a talk with the Queens about their company- if Ray's leaving and doesn't want a reminder of Felicity, why not sell it back to Oliver for a buck?- and there is enough talk as to why Oliver and/or Thea aren't needed except for board meetings.  

I am sorry if I am duplicating others ideas.   

• Love 1

So....my hope for the day, since I'm all gloomy in the spoiler thread....

If they're determined to keep KC on full time next season, I hope they bring Katrina Law on as a regular, and make Nyssa and Laurel partners. That way we get the awesome Nyssa and avoid the dreaded (at least by me) GA/BC team up.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5

IMO it's telling that Laurel's best moments was with Nyssa, but when she started to interact with Team Arrow she became super obnoxious and just intolerable. I hated her speech about 'saving the good guys', but didn't want to turn in Nyssa - who isn't innocent whatsoever - in order to save Lyla who is arguably a better human being than Nyssa, and a woman who has a family and a child... IDK It was weird. It also doesn't help that KC was so wooden in those scenes. The speech was meant to be impassioned, but it just looked like she was just reciting her lines. 

I hope if KC does stay next season that she's just more of a background character. She works best as a background character and one that doesn't require much emoting. 

• Love 5

Thinking about how Felicity's father could relate to the S4 plotline, I really like the idea that he is involved in the technology of HIVE. Maybe Hackers/Programers leave their signature and while Felicity is doing some techy for the Team she stumbles over a familar sign off. Looking over stuff from her childhood, she realizes it's her father's. She tracks him down. He isn't a bad guy or a good guy, but someone who goes where the tech goes.

They build a relationship and later on in the season they need his help.

• Love 5

10Eleven12, yeah that's good too.

Another possibility could be that instead of him being just an independent contractor is that he thought he was going to be just an independent contractor, but he Asked Too Many Questions Snooped Too Much and now has to work for them. Maybe, in a hybrid of yours and mine, he never thought about the end use of his gizmos and after meeting Felicity, he gets curious. He could even try to work for Quentin/ the PD, as an informer or ARGUS and there is a glorious (albeit temporary) demolishing of HIVE and the League of Asassins, that involves Dig and Felicity in the takedowns. Obvs, Oliver, Nyssa and Thea help, just more on the League side of things.

That doesn't  preclude Crazypants Tommy or a Ladies' Night episode.

Or, if this crew of writers enjoys ripping-off/ doing "homages", then do Leverage's all the ladies/ all the guys episodes that actually tie together once you get to part two.  It was very funny, called back on various cases and people. Plus, the characters were shown trying to relax. Quentin and the guys, with a visiting Roy!, playing poker with beer and pizzas could be fun.  I'm just sayin'.

IMO it's telling that Laurel's best moments was with Nyssa, but when she started to interact with Team Arrow she became super obnoxious and just intolerable. I hated her speech about 'saving the good guys', but didn't want to turn in Nyssa - who isn't innocent whatsoever - in order to save Lyla who is arguably a better human being than Nyssa, and a woman who has a family and a child... IDK It was weird. It also doesn't help that KC was so wooden in those scenes. The speech was meant to be impassioned, but it just looked like she was just reciting her lines. 

I hope if KC does stay next season that she's just more of a background character. She works best as a background character and one that doesn't require much emoting. 

I don't know - I think KC did ok but the lines were a little awkward.  Yes, Nyssa is not an innocent, but she has done good things - oddly the one thing she didn't bring up was the end of season two when Sara asked her to help fight the mirukuru soldiers and Nyssa agreed.  I didn't mind Laurel's line that basically indicated that Diggle would hate himself if he made the trade without trying to fight because I think she was right about that.  I also really liked it when Laurel tried to tell Diggle he didn't have to go up against Oliver - she would do it alone.  Not because she didn't think she needed help or because she didn't trust Diggle - she just didn't want to see Diggle have to go up against his brother.  I thought Laurel was rather "on" in this episode.

I think if they had tweeked her lines just a bit to say "Oliver wouldn't turn Malcolm over because he thought it was basically murder and Nyssa at least deserves that.  There has to be a way we can try to save both Lyla and Nyssa.  We can't just let the bad guys win" or something along those lines.  That would have feed well into the scene we did get with Lyla - which by the way - Lyla taking the guns off Felicity and shooting up some LoA dudes may have been one of the best moments of this season.  Between that and her hanging off the chopper when she saved Diggle at the end of season two - she is one hell of a female action hero and totally selling it!

• Love 1

So this isn't a hope or fear exactly, it's more of a need. I want to see Malcolm suffer.  I really want to see Malcolm suffer.  Because as far as I can tell, he's utlimately responsible for most of the bad things that have happened on Arrow and to Starling City this season. Ok, not the original Oliver/Felicity breakup, or Felicity's ex, or whatever was going on in the Roy/Laurel centric episode that I've mostly forgotten, or Ray Palmer, or Cupid, or Boomerang Dude, but everything else: Sara's death, which led to Oliver going off and not getting killed by the League of Assassins, which let Brick take over the city, and to the false Arrows that ran around killing people, which led to Ray electrocuting Roy (still mad, Ray!) and the mayor's death and annoying hospital scenes, which led to Roy's fake death, and Thea's actual almost death, and now Oliver heading a League of Assassins, and this is all ignoring Malcolm's plan to casually murder several thousand people in the first season. Arranging for a nice session of Oliver/Felicity candlelit sex does not make up for any of this, Malcolm. You're a magnificent villain and I like you on screen, but I need you to hurt a lot.

Also, I want another magnificent, over the top villain for season four. I know that Slade didn't make a lot of sense but he didn't make a lot of sense in a grandiloquent kinda way, and that was fun.

• Love 16

I don't know - I think KC did ok but the lines were a little awkward. Yes, Nyssa is not an innocent, but she has done good things - oddly the one thing she didn't bring up was the end of season two when Sara asked her to help fight the mirukuru soldiers and Nyssa agreed. I didn't mind Laurel's line that basically indicated that Diggle would hate himself if he made the trade without trying to fight because I think she was right about that. I also really liked it when Laurel tried to tell Diggle he didn't have to go up against Oliver - she would do it alone. Not because she didn't think she needed help or because she didn't trust Diggle - she just didn't want to see Diggle have to go up against his brother. I thought Laurel was rather "on" in this episode.

I think if they had tweeked her lines just a bit to say "Oliver wouldn't turn Malcolm over because he thought it was basically murder and Nyssa at least deserves that. There has to be a way we can try to save both Lyla and Nyssa. We can't just let the bad guys win" or something along those lines. That would have feed well into the scene we did get with Lyla - which by the way - Lyla taking the guns off Felicity and shooting up some LoA dudes may have been one of the best moments of this season. Between that and her hanging off the chopper when she saved Diggle at the end of season two - she is one hell of a female action hero and totally selling it!

Your tweak would've done wonders. I totally get where you're coming at though. I may have to do a rewatch and see if my opinion changes. I personally didn't like that line at all and felt as though Laurel was giving Nyssa more importance than Lyla because Nyssa is her friend which irked me greatly. Plus Nyssa wanted to go help Lyla and I thought it was honorable. I just wish laurel let Nyssa make that decision.

Then again what made those scenes unbearable for me was the acting but to each their own. I think the scene would've translated well if the speech was more impassioned and less robotic.

And yep. I really do love Lyla! I think she has the perfect role right now and hopefully it can be expanded with the introduction of HIVE.

• Love 2

S4 Wishlist: Felicity to threaten someone. In a "Oliver may put an arrow in you, Diggle may shot you, but I will wipe any record of you from this earth."

• Love 7

I don't think that Damien Dahrk is Felicity's father.  We now know that Damien is a contemporary of Ra's, who was a rival for the title of Ra's al Ghul but lost to the current Ra's, that he stole some water from the LP to prolong his life, and that he left the LOA to form HIVE.  So by the time he could've possibly met Donna Smoak, he would already have been hundreds of years old, fully evil, and the head of HIVE.

Yet from the way Donna and Felicity talked about her father, he seems like basically a decent man who cared about people but had a problem staying on the right side of the law - probably because he was so smart, he probably got arrogant or thought he could get away with a lot, like a hacker or someone just really good with electronics.  He doesn't sound like the Damien Dahrk described by Ra's.  Felicity's father also spent enough time living with Donna and Felicity that Felicity has early memories of him.  What would the head of HIVE be doing living in Vegas, romancing Donna, and being a father to a young child?

So I suspect that Felicity's father has a connection to HIVE, but not as Damien Dahrk.

• Love 6

If this season is KC' and WH's reward, can S4 be David's and Emily's? I want an ARC not BREADCRUMBS.

Only if they get better story lines. WH, especially, got a terrible "reward." Otherwise, I agree completely.

• Love 3

WH's reward was kind of terrible. I mean, Thea lost her agency, and then when she found out about Oliver she sort of didn't do anything after episode 14 other than die. I hope once she gets a mask she can add more to the show. 

KCs reward was pretty much giving her what she wanted. But I feel like the writing for her arc was and still is really sloppy. She's had some great moments, but they were few and far between and her great moments were actually when Laurel wasn't wearing a mask which makes me believe that Laurel doesn't need a mask to be a good character and that IMO the mask is sort of undermining Laurel and how great she can actually be (that scene with Ray Palmer was great, wish there were more moments like that). 

I really do hope Felicity and Diggle get more to chew on next season and for Felicity to not take on all of the emotional stuff next season. It's time to explore these characters more, to explore their pasts, their weaknesses and strengths, and what's great about this is that focusing more on Diggle/Felicity doesn't mean less focus on Oliver because they're the closest to him. Oliver can show growth by supporting Digg/Felicity through their issues, to help them fight whatever.

So yeah, I need the writers to do better for Diggle and Felicity than they did for Thea and Laurel.

• Love 4