Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E12: Straw That Broke the Camel's Back

• Start Topic

I should be rejoicing that the two oldest women are nearing the finals, but I dislike both of them.

As I recall, Parvati won the mud challenge in one of her seasons.  She packed it onto her long hair.  Tony won because he has a larger body to pack mud onto.

(edited)

The show is getting very sloppy with their editing. The promo for last week gave away Spencer's winning immunity. The moment I saw them heading to the challenge and the Trish/Kass fight hadn't happened, I knew Spencer was winning but mad props to him for pulling that out. And wow Tony sucks at puzzles. Dude was just throwing stuff around hoping something would stick. 

OMG you guys Woo made a move. I'm so stunned and proud right now, I can't even fully comment on the episode. Only to say whoever of Tony, Woo and Spencer that make the final, they have to find a way to bring Kass - woman is getting NO votes. Wow, what a horribly viciously unpleasant person. Seriously, how old is Kass again? That was also the funniest tribal council since crazy Philip screwed Francesqua and that other woman's plan in Redemption Island. Between Woo's calling himself the foreign exchange student and Spencer's "these people are all immature and crazy" reaction.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

So Tony didn't play his SuperTylerPerryIdol.  Because of this decision,he's going to lose.  Ass thinks he's got the game in the palm of his hand without the idol.  Loved Spencer's game tonight, Tasha's jury reaction and hate to say it--Kass's moves.  She came out on top in the bitchfest with skinned skeletor trish.

• Love 1
(edited)

I knew Tony had no chance at that puzzle by the way he was moving around the tiles so haphazardly. I finally got the Tribal Council vote I was waiting for. Doesn't happen often!

Truthaboutluv you said it - Wu nailed the "family dynamic" of the tribe in such a delightfully funny way! One of the best Tribal Council meetings in a while.

Edited by Del Boca Vista
  • Love 2

I cannot believe Tony reached over Trisha to give the idol to Jeff...what a dick move, and incredibly stupid. I really hope spencer pulls it out. I think he can win at the jury, even against Woo, who isn't really playing but following whoever says sweet things to him.

Kass...just go home now.

• Love 1
(edited)
She came out on top in the bitchfest with skinned skeletor trish.

Yeah but Trish will have the last laugh because Kass is on her way to Goat city after that display. Trish was right about her needing a book on self-awareness. I don't understand how a lawyer is so bad at reading the room. The jury wasn't even hiding their reactions to some of the things Kass was saying and doing. Woman is not going to win this game. Any combination of Woo, Spencer and/or Tony against her and she'll lose. 

Tony's game plan for not playing the super idol is to fool the others into believing it can still be played at 4 so they won't vote for him. It's actually not that bad of a strategy. After all they know it has some special power, they just don't know what it is. And considering how much Tony has sucked at these challenges, he can't put his hopes on winning the final immunity challenge to get to the end. So actually not a bad play.

I just think his big missteps tonight was one, not playing the regular idol for Trish or more appropriately predicting they would go for her especially after he blabbed to like everyone that he had two idols. And speaking of that, tonight proved how for as good as Tony is at parts of the game, he does overplay at times and talks himself into a bad position. As slow as Woo has been, he picked up on Tony's bullshit because Tony kept running his mouth so much. Tony has been lucky with idols and stuff but that's one way I think Spencer has played the game better than him, in that Spencer doesn't overplay his hand with regards to something. He puts it out there and lets it be. Tony talks too damn much.

All that said, I predict Spencer will be like Ozzy for the second Redemption Island and lose the final immunity challenge when the majority of the jury was ready to vote him the win and whoever wins will bring the other two. I can't imagine anyone thinking it is a good idea to bring Spencer to the end if he doesn't win immunity - did not piss off the jury, had to fight and claw his way to the end with all the odds stacked against him, was impressive in the challenges, etc. Nope, that would be beyond stupid. So once again, Spencer has to win immunity and if he wins that final one, Survivor Cagayan's winner is Spencer.

He even smoothly kind of worked Trish before she left by admitting he was talking to Kass about voting her out and making it clear that he was simply doing what he needed to stay in the game and she was quickly, "oh I like you, I have nothing against you..." Seriously, I don't see how Spencer loses this thing if he makes it to the end. Which of course means he won't. But I do look forward to Kass getting no votes since you know she's going to be brought to the end by whoever wins immunity.

It's a really interesting personal dilemma to watch a fight between two people that I hate.

It's actually kind of awesome because you can just sit back and be amused like most of the jury was. Although I think that might have been Spencer's thought. I don't think he hated Trish so much but he definitely had a look at one point of "OMG please just both you shut the hell up."

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Slide puzzles aren't hard, but it looked like Tony wasn't thinking it through.  Good on Spencer, though, for catching up.  

I half-expected the pizza to be delivered by loved ones.  I'm just as glad it wasn't, though.  

Loved Woo's dysfunctional-family-and-foreign-exchange-student comment.  Actually, I loved TC in general tonight.  Some of the players may be annoying, but at least they do all seem to know it's a game.  

Kass, stop finding new ways to be obnoxious.  Your quiver for that particular life skill is already full.

• Love 6

Tony is so damned funny, "How dare you screw up my game by pointing out my lies, Kass! The hell? Why are you doing this?" Umm, to screw up your game, Tony? Why the hell should she roll over and play dead for you?

• Love 14
(edited)
Yeah but Trish will have the last laugh because Kass is on her way to Goat city after that display. Trish was right about her needing a book on self-awareness. I don't understand how a lawyer is so bad at reading the room. The jury wasn't even hiding their reactions to some of the things Kass was saying and doing. Woman is not going to win this game. Any combination of Woo, Spencer and/or Tony against her and she'll lose.

Actually i could not tell whether the jury was hating on or spazzing out more on Trish, Kass, or Tony.  I think both Spencer and Woo are well liked and would win.  Kass has a smart mouth and all but I think her strategy of tearing down Tony in front of the jury is working.  He looked like a madman tonight.

Edited by susannot
  • Love 8

I don't hate Kass - I'm just thinking of her playing a villain role.  I mean, look what she got to happen tonight - she got Woo to flip. I have to respect that. 

Now, what I wanna know - how/why did *Tony* flip? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't hate Kass - I'm just thinking of her playing a villain role.  I mean, look what she got to happen tonight - she got Woo to flip. I have to respect that. 

He didn't want to use one of his HIIs on her? Or figured Kass was the bigger goat, so it didn't matter if Trish went home. A mistake, since

they still don't know it's F2, which means Tony accepted that either Spencer or Woo would be in the F3 and still thought he'd win? Thinking it will be F3, Tony should have saved Trish so he'd have both goats in F3 with him. Maybe he was afraid he'd lose Woo's vote if he voted him out. 

Edited by Stinger97
Hid spoiler.
  • Love 1

Why didn't Jeff announce this was the final chance to use any immunity idols?  He always does that.  But he is protecting Tony by keeping his secret so Tony can lie and make himself appear safe. I didn't like that.  I want Tony to have to scramble without any idols to keep the vote off him.

• Love 3
(edited)

Wait a minute--

it's Final 2?  When was that announced? If so, shit just got way more interesting.  I always preferred Final 2.

Edited by Stinger97
Hid spoiler.
  • Love 1
(edited)
He didn't want to use one of his HIIs on her? Or figured Kass was the bigger goat, so it didn't matter if Trish went home. A mistake, since 

they still don't know it's F2, which means Tony accepted that either Spencer or Woo would be in the F3 and still thought he'd win? Thinking it will be F3, Tony should have saved Trish so he'd have both goats in F3 with him. Maybe he was afraid he'd lose Woo's vote if he voted him out.

I was trying to figure out if there was a way to save them both, but I couldn't.  Spencer had immunity, so when Tony and Woo were talking, the only possible votes they could cast would be for Kass or Trish.  If Tony wanted to keep Kass, he couldn't give Trish the HII.

I was thinking he might have offered it to Woo, knowing it wouldn't matter but might still assuage Woo's concerns about Tony's loyalty.  But instead Tony just let the idol go.

Edited by Stinger97

Yeah, it would have been nice to get some insight into that decision.  He never even hinted that he was thinking of voting out Trish.

I liked Trish.  She seemed persuasive, so I would have liked to see her pitch to the jury.  

Wow, what a horribly viciously unpleasant person.

Seriously.  I can't tell if she's behaving that way on purpose to cement her place in "Survivor History" (groan).  I'm sorry, but you can't give yourself a nickname, "ChaosKass".

In light of the recent climate change report, I cringed when I saw the pizzas being delivered by helicopter.

• Love 1

Regarding who to vote for if Tony had given the idol to Trish- I would assume spencer would have voted kass, since he would assume Tony and Trish would have voted for her. Since that didn't happen, I see Tony gone next week, unless he bluffs successfully enough to get them to think he can use the Special idol. However, I think the odds are better than 0 that Tony can't keep his mouth shut and someone will know he can't use it.

Hoping for Spencer, Kass and Woo in the final, with Kass getting no votes, Woo getting a couple, and Spencer taking it.

I also see Jeff spending the whole after show talking to Tony, so there's that.

• Love 1

A mistake, since

they still don't know it's F2, which means Tony accepted that either Spencer or Woo would be in the F3 and still thought he'd win? 

Truth. I think Tony's ego makes him overestimate how much people will vote for him.  No matter what the machinations with the HII, I still can't figure out why he did what he did. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Lost track of who wrote this, but I agree.  Since Tony had possession of every idol known to mankind, he definitely should have employed the two-goat strategy pioneered by Brian Heidik and perfected by Boston Rob.  I believe Tony has miscalculated big-time if it's F2 and he will lose to either Woo or Spence or (unlikely scenario) Kass.

Edited by Stinger97
  • Love 3

Wait, I didn't pay attention to the voting at the end when Trish was talking but judging by some comments, I guess it was shown that Tony voted for her too? Well there goes my pride in Woo since that explains his vote. Tony told him to vote for her.

• Love 1

That was all kinds of awesome.

I think that Tony choose to vote for Trish during Tribal. I think he realized Trish was going to get votes based on that tribal council performance alone. Seriously, everyone has wanted to take a shot at Kass and Trish simply tore her apart.

Tony is so close to being a good player. He understands what he is suppose to do and why but his execution sucks. He reads people pretty well but misses some big things. Kass likes control, she covets it. She is going to try and sink anyone who denies her control. She can't hit Tony but she can go after his weak links. Tony miss played Kass in a huge way because he doesn't understand her motive. It is not to win but to passive agressivly take control. I don't think the errors in Tony's game are things he can fix in his second appearence on the show. His buttons are easily pushed and he is easily manipulated. Kass showed that tonight.

Spenser has showed how to manipulate Tony in a more subtle, pacific way that doesn't piss off everyone. All he has to do is win final immunity. If he loses, he is gone. No one can beat him.

• Love 7

According to her parting remarks, Trish thinks she's too nice to play this game. Wow. 

LOL right?  What a clown.  Kass is horrible and immature, but Trish is just as bad in my opinion.  At least Kass has demonstrated an ability to think for herself in the game, whereas Trish just went along with whatever Tony told her to do.  For that reason, I'm glad that Kass outlasted Trish.  I'm also glad because I REALLY can't wait to hear the jurors rip into Kass at Final Tribal Council.

This has been one of the most entertaining seasons of Survivor ever IMO, and tonight's tribal council was one of the reasons.  Tony's animal noises, Spencer's crack about 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest', and Woo's comment about being a foreign exchange student in a dysfunctional family were all hilarious.  The jury reactions to the madness were also hilarious.  And to top it all off, Kass flipped off Trish as her torch was snuffed.  How OLD is she???

• Love 7
I think that Tony choose to vote for Trish during Tribal. I think he realized Trish was going to get votes based on that tribal council performance alone. Seriously, everyone has wanted to take a shot at Kass and Trish simply tore her apart.

I think they mutually tore each other apart.  Neither woman came out looking likeable from their bitchfest. I think Tony voted for Trish to go along with the majority and especially Woo.

K

I think they mutually tore each other apart.  Neither woman came out looking likeable from their bitchfest. I think Tony voted for Trish to go along with the majority and especially Woo.

Kass was already seen as a bitch. Trish had a good rep with pretty much everyone. Jefra, LJ, Woo and Tony knew about the Lindsey mess but none of the others. And jefra and LJ saw how poorly Lindsey treated Trish. So Kass responses and comments were expected. Trish's attack and comments were pretty out of character.

I think Tony realized Trish was right when she pointed out that no one liked Kass but that Trish had not angered any of them. He realized he might not be able to beat her and that he could beat Kass and Woo.

• Love 1
(edited)

I stand by my assessment that Kass has never been inside of a Courtroom, at least not as an attorney.

I'd be interested to see if one of the F4 asks Jeff to confirm at FTC whether the Super HII can still be used.  I guess he should say "no comment".  Any other answer would be really directly influencing the game.

Woo was certainly talking like it's a F2 when he was wondering about Tony taking Trish over him, unless he's just assuming that Kass is a lock for the F3 as a goat.  

Edited by Alapaki
  • Love 2

I thought Trish was right on the money with everything she said about Kass.  And I thought Trish came out ahead on that argument.  I was actually pretty surprised, because Trish seemed to have a great read on Kass, and on how the rest of the group feels about Kass.  Of course, that opinion may be colored by the fact that I happen to agree with everything Trish said about Kass - I think Kass is terrible.  And I think I like Trish.  I hate to be this shallow (but I am, so here goes...), but her appearance and voice are, to me, very off-putting, and it took me a while to see that Trish is actually pretty people-smart.  After all, she's the one who got Kass to vote to Sara, and who brought Jeffra back in to the fold.  

Is Tony's plan to lie that he can use the TP idol at final four, so no one will vote for him bc they don't know what the special power is?  If so, that just makes me even more pissed off than I already was about that damned idol.  Idols have never been allowed to be used at final four (right?), and so everyone probably thought it didn't matter at this point.  I really hate that idol.  It seems like a major rule change, and while I acknowledge that TPTB can change rules whenever they want, it just seems inherently unfair that only one player knows what the rules are at this point.  It's not a clue or an advantage, which I have no problem with players being allowed to keep secret.  It is basically a Free Pass to the final four, and it just pisses me off to no end.

They all should have been told what the idol was, I think.  Or even better, there should be no such idol.  

Although, I guess it doesn't matter, because these fools haven't even bothered to try to vote Tony out.  So much so that he is able to burn two idols at the end of the game, in no danger whatsoever.  Idiots.  

• Love 3
I stand by my assessment that Kass has never been inside of a Courtroom, at least not as an attorney.

OK. Really?  I know she has bragged that she has never lost a case which any real attorney knows means that you have not tried very many.  But I would not leap to the view that she has never been in a courtroom.

(edited)

I know this is a minority opinion, but I love Kass. She has enginieered more moves in this game to propel herself forward than anyone, and I think if she can get in front of a jury many people may be surprised at just how good a talker she is. She is undefeated at trial. The woman can talk. She can also keep her cool. I admire her, and I would love to have a coffee with her. My husband, on the other hand, finds her ridiculously obnoxious, and says she is 'like every girl he met in law school'. This makes me like her more.

Kass is an unemotional woman. She is able to get a rise out of people, and get them to say things out of frustration. She got Tony to admit to his super special idol by pushing a few buttons. She got Woo to flip by pushing both his and Tony's buttons. She is hard edged, and tough as nails. These qualities are not well received in women, like they usually are in men. Obvs, this is my opinion, and not being stated as fact, but that's how I see it. 

I picked Kass for the win way back at the start of the season, and I really hope she does. She is a  woman who cares not one whit what others think. That is what I aspire to be. I think what bugs so much about Kass is that she knows people don't like her. She simply doesn't care. I really like that quality in a person, and I respect it much more than someone who is willing to bend to the will of anyone nearby, Woo.

Her standing as a lawyer is a matter of public record. She is a trial attorney. Undefeated.

Edited by JustAlison
  • Love 12

I wonder if Tony voted Trish because he knew Kass, Spencer and Woo would vote Trish, and if he voted Kass with Trish it would be obvious to the jury, with the c,ount, that Tony no longer had control and he would not be able to claim at FT that he was always running the game. It would look like he was being outplayed by Spencer or Kass (no one would think Woo was in charge ever), so he threw in Trish to seem as though her ousting was part of his game.

• Love 1

I think Tony realized that Trish would be a lot more popular with the jury than he would be.  Especially once he saw the jury's reaction to what Kass and Trish were saying - I thought their dislike of Kass, and like of Trish, was pretty easy to read on their faces.  

And honestly, I was really surprised by it.  I thought Tony would play his HII for Trish, and then use the TP idol for himself if he was voted for, to keep his alliance with Trish safe.  I did not see him voting Trish out coming, at all.  But (and I hate to admit this, bc I do not like Tony), I think he made the right call.  Obviously, Spencer beats Tony at final tribal, but he couldn't vote for Spencer tonight.  I think Tony has a better chance against Woo or Kass than he does against Trish, and so getting rid of Trish was probably his best bet.  I was just surprised.

And JustAlison, I could not disagree with you more about Kass!  On every level.  But that's part of what makes watching this show so fun (and reading forums like this so fun) - all the different personalities and strategies and whatever.  I see Kass in much the same way that Trish sees her, and I think she's smug and not even half as smart as she thinks she is.  And I think Kass is playing a very emotional game, and then, later, in confessionals, acting like it's all part of some mastermind strategy.  Much like Tony called her out for at tribal in this episode.  Oh my god, why do I keep agreeing with Tony???? 

• Love 7
(edited)

Wow, can we add another K to Kass? 'Cause that girl truly is klassy with a K. Oh and a second vote to the not being able to give yourself a nickname.

I don't know if it's her or Tony that are more balled up in their own crazy emotions. Tony changed his whole strategery just because Kass pushed his buttons then Kass admitted at TC to not even knowing what she had just said she was so emotional.

Edited by Wandering Snark

JustAlison,

I'm with ya about Kass.  She's made everybody in those camps think, then think again, then re-think what they had thought.  I also think her button-pushing skills on Tony are genius.  Between her obvious statements combined with Spencer's sotto voce comments, he's had to scramble more the last few weeks than he anticipated.  

The Tony Show has been produced, directed and financed by Woo, Trish and everybody else there that bowed to his whims.  I can't stand Tony and certainly don't want him to win, but they all allowed it to happen. 

Woo looked so crushed when he realized that Tony was playing him.  I would feel bad for him, but I think underneath that slacker bro persona is somebody playing his own game.  He could be the smartest one there, since nobody has tried to get him out.  Everybody thinks he's harmless, though he's won some challenges.  Maybe it's all an act.  We'll see.

• Love 5

It's possible that the timing may have affected Tony's choice.  If Tony wants Kass at F3 with him, then his vote had to be either for Trish or Woo.  If he wanted to save Trish, he would have had to do so before they all went to TC, because saving her in a big gesture by giving her the idol at TC could have sent Kass home (well, to Ponderosa).  So it may be that he realized he wouldn't be able to get two of Spencer/Kass/Trish onboard to vote out Woo in the time before TC.

Or, as others have said, he may have figured out that his chances to win were better without Trish in F3 with him.

The woman can talk. She can also keep her cool.

Kass is an unemotional woman.

YMMV but in my opinion her display at tonight's tribal council contradicts both of these things. Kass could have kept things solely about the game and said why she didn't trust Tony, why he was a liar and even acknowledged that Trish attacked her because Trish felt threatened and knew she might be going home. All of that would have been to the point and fine. 

But instead she went a step further in calling Trish every name possible in the book and then the woman flipped Trish the bird. Seriously, she's like late 40's, maybe 50 on national television flipping someone the bird after she's already come out on top in the battle. That is in no way "unemotional" in my book. Unemotional would have been "Trish flipped out on me out of nowhere because I think she felt threatened and knew she might be going home and she wanted to switch the focus to me..."

Instead it was skeletor this, psychobitch this, etc. Yeah no... and the reaction of the jury said it all in my opinion. And pretty much most of their post-show interviews confirmed that they were no fans of hers and think she's an awful person. She's not winning. As for her making more moves than anyone, yeah no. 

I think Tony's voting for Trish makes it a very likely possibility that that's why Woo did because the vote changed and the editing just didn't show it. But that aside, as annoying as he can be, Tony played a key role in blindsiding Cliff, LJ and Jefra and manage to do all those things while still keeping most of his alliance loyal to him. Kass' only move was to flip Sarah, a big move certainly that changed the game but all it did was put power in Tony's hand. Kass never had any power and she's made no moves since. 

• Love 11

I know this is a minority opinion, but I love Kass.

I'm with you. It's not even a "love to hate her" thing. I think she's the only one playing with actual strategy at this point. Tony thinks he is, and acts like he's running things, but the only thing he's had going for him is his HIIs, and hanging those over others' heads like the sword of Damocles. That's not strategy, it's thuggery. And it might get you to FTC, but it won't win.

Whereas Kass isn't playing to be the most beloved - she's known that for a while now. So her pitch at FTC will be more along the lines of "ok, I didn't ride anyone's coattails. I'm not here because everyone loves me. I'm here in *spite* of everything, because I played the game well. Isn't that worth a vote to win?"

It'd sway me. Especially if the other person up there is Tony, who misread people left and right, and whose hubris went wild towards the end. (Seriously, his chastising Kass over her confirming with Woo was hilarious. His word should be accepted? What had he done to deserve that?)

I'm loving this season. Not crazy about the special HII. 

• Love 7