Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

"Lying is wrong, Britt!  Scheming with your evil female relatives is wrong, Britt!  Keeping a parent from its child is wrong, Britt!"

I couldn't stand Britt, but still...  I have zero doubt that Nik, if anyone even dared bring up the hypocrisy, would respond that Britt's "betraying lies!!!!" broke him and led him down this terrible path.  Or some such shit.  Nik is never, ever, responsible for his own shit.  It's always some woman's fault somehow. 

• Love 6

I couldn't stand Britt, but still...  I have zero doubt that Nik, if anyone even dared bring up the hypocrisy, would respond that Britt's "betraying lies!!!!" broke him and led him down this terrible path.  Or some such shit.  Nik is never, ever, responsible for his own shit.  It's always some woman's fault somehow. 

Didn't he say this is all Emily's fault?  She had to go and die and that's why he's made one bad decision after another since, like bedding his brother's ex-wife/fiancee.  That's why he had no choice but to team up with the woman who spent eons trying to murder her.

H-A-T-E.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Didn't he say this is all Emily's fault?  She had to go and die and that's why he's made one bad decision after another since, like bedding his brother's ex-wife/fiancee.  That's why he had no choice but to team up with the woman who spent eons trying to murder her.

H-A-T-E.

I missed that, but, at this point, nothing would surprise me.  

I swear, I remember liking Nik at one point.  It's like each writing regime has ruined him in their own special way.  

I missed that, but, at this point, nothing would surprise me.

I swear, I remember liking Nik at one point. It's like each writing regime has ruined him in their own special way.

It's unfortunate that he's not even ruined for his own story. He's ruined to give Jason and Sam's story more ~drama~

Liz and Patrick have been pissed on in the same way.

• Love 3

Maybe it would help if I understood Nikolas' motives, like, one iota.  Why does HE want ELQ so badly all of a sudden?  Doesn't he already run some major corporation for the Cassadines, isn't that where their money comes from?

• Love 4

But would that matter? Even if it was clear Nik's motives were money and power? At the end of the day, they're changing his character. Completely. This isn't just Nik screwing over Lucky when he slept with Liz. This is Nik not caring about his loved ones' lives.

• Love 1

Maybe it would help if I understood Nikolas' motives, like, one iota.  Why does HE want ELQ so badly all of a sudden?  Doesn't he already run some major corporation for the Cassadines, isn't that where their money comes from?

IA I mean I don't understand why all these wealthy villians need ELQ too lol.

But that seems to apply to everyone now. No one on canvas is in character, because there ARE no characters, just RC's chess pieces for plot points.

I agree, sadly. It's just gets harder and harder to even discuss the show because there's no consistency anymore.

• Love 1

And it's a shame because a story of Nikolas embracing his darker Cassadine instincts could be a good one, but this story is half-baked and makes no sense.  "Nikolas is doing awful things, but he feels suuuper bad about it, so it's okay!".  No.

• Love 3

Regarding the previews, I can't believe they are scripting scenes where young children get injured, possibly die, in a fire.  (That's what the previews seem to suggest, hopefully they'll have the kids getting rescued in the nick of time).

Regarding the previews, I can't believe they are scripting scenes where young children get injured, possibly die, in a fire.  (That's what the previews seem to suggest, hopefully they'll have the kids getting rescued in the nick of time).

Admittedly my instinct is "meh, it's freaking Spencer", but yeah, you're right, watching children endangered by fire could be tough for a lot of people. It will probably look ridiculous though, so, there's that to counteract any serious vibes it might have.

• Love 2
Regarding the previews, I can't believe they are scripting scenes where young children get injured, possibly die, in a fire.

I don't see how that's worse than kids dying from being run over by their alcoholic grandfathers or getting cancer or any other child-in-peril story.

And given that these are fictional characters, I am heartily rooting for Spencer to get burned beyond recognition.

• Love 5

I want to know who decided to let Nik and Patrick share scenes? The douche game will be strong.

I just imagine TC and JT looking at each other right before the scene starts "ready for this crap?"  "Do we have a choice?" 

• Love 5

I'm not bothered by the kid in danger thing because isn't that the point of kids on soaps? To provide drama for the parents?  What bothers me is reading that Emma and Cameron have a tiff or something.  That to me is absurd.  Seriously two eight year olds fighting is supposed to be good story?

I'm also bothered by the Julian/Michael thing.  Julian better be coming from a place about his sister's kid and not defending Sonny.  

Which I know that's crazy talk on my part.

• Love 2

Alexis' Lake House...gone by fire. Now Wyndemere? The budget must be slashed again. Soon, the set will consist of a chair and light bulb with painted background scenery a la a school play.

Honestly, if that were be the trade-off for consistently good writing, I'd take it. Luke's intervention took place in a warehouse or something like that and it was a pretty good episode (to bad it came to nothing, of course).

Soaptown spoilers

http://soaptownusa.com/?page_id=30

So, sounds like so far NuKiki is going to be written as annoyingly as OldKiki. "Oh no men are fighting! I might swoon!"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Omg! I wonder if the new wing will be gray!

Till the remodel, I fully expect a Metro Court stay because Nik knows about Jason and has The Ring. He's going to have shenanigans with Carly and The Gals because Spencer will find it. Or Nik will twirl it like a baton. Though Spencer above Kelly's in Nathan's care sounds like a hilarious plot. Side note, what 10 year old wears a tux? Seriously?

• Love 1

Jasus take the wheel! My cableguide descriptions are all about Spencer M-TH and then F is Franco & Nina.

Unfortunately, none of the days says "Spencer/Franco/Nina falls into a hellmouth and dies a violent and un-reversible death, off-screen".

• Love 11

The ratings were horrible for last week. I like to think that as soon as the governor pardoned Sonny for doing what Michael was about to do anyway, people were like "seriously?" and tuned out the next week. (But it was probably just some ratings trend sadly because DAYS was down too.)

• Love 3

Omg! I wonder if the new wing will be gray!

Till the remodel, I fully expect a Metro Court stay because Nik knows about Jason and has The Ring. He's going to have shenanigans with Carly and The Gals because Spencer will find it. Or Nik will twirl it like a baton.

Nik's twirling is reserved for his new villainous mustache.

Though I also wondered how soon Spencer would find Jason's ring since Nik hid it sooo carefully in the back pocket of his pants. Maybe Liz will be folding laundry (why at Wyndemere? Why not?) and find it.

• Love 4

She thinks Heather stuck him with LSD (not that he did it himself), so she's supposed to empathize. Yeah. Maybe I'd buy she'd send him a box of chocolates at most.

Only if the chocolates were filled with laxatives.

• Love 7

Oh God, let's hope the writers don't see that. "I know! We'll give Franco diarrhea! Surely people will feel bad for him now! And it's so cutting edge too! No one's ever had that on a soap!"

• Love 10
She thinks Heather stuck him with LSD (not that he did it himself), so she's supposed to empathize. Yeah. Maybe I'd buy she'd send him a box of chocolates at most.

I don't buy that, even chocolates with laxatives. There's no reason Olivia would give Franco any attention. She hates him. FFS.

• Love 2

Honestly, if that were be the trade-off for consistently good writing, I'd take it. Luke's intervention took place in a warehouse or something like that and it was a pretty good episode (to bad it came to nothing, of course).

Soaptown spoilers

http://soaptownusa.com/?page_id=30

So, sounds like so far NuKiki is going to be written as annoyingly as OldKiki. "Oh no men are fighting! I might swoon!"

WAs there any doubt still don't get the point of a recast lol.

you can blame Heather for lots of stuff but its not her fault that franco is an idiot and decided to stick himself with LSD lol.

Oh God, let's hope the writers don't see that. "I know! We'll give Franco diarrhea! Surely people will feel bad for him now! And it's so cutting edge too! No one's ever had that on a soap!"

Well there was that one comment a couple of weeks ago about Franco taking a dump, and sad to say I'd watch that over this Luke crap(pun entended):)

• Love 1