Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

We were supposed to find out Rosalie's secret last Thursday. But she wasn't even on that day. There's a rumor she was gonna be involved with Fluke, I think. But they didn't even film scenes. They must be rewriting stuff.

They should just scrap the entire Fluke thing. Just pretend it never existed. I'd play along! 

This. Watching Geary ham it up with that deeply stupid accent just infuriates me in a way that is not healthy.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

February sweeps promo.....

Sam vs Carly.

Jason vs Patrick.

My lunch vs my esophagus.

Can we get Sarah Koenig to write this show?

And then there's the Nisha call. Next time on General Hospital. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

You were seen in a black mask at the PCPD by Samantha Morgan, were you nahhhhht???

He then told Dante Falconeri, detective of the PCPD that he couldn't remember. That it was an ordinary day. Nothing remarkable occured. But then he'd later told another detective that he'd gone looking for work. At the Port Charles docks. How is this unremarkable? How does a man with no last name fill out a job application? How does he not remember? Why is it non remarkable? Unless he's a psychopath. Next on GH.

• Love 2

We talked to the manager at Foot Locker, one of the places Jake was looking for work on that fateful day. The man, we'll call him Ken and we disguised his voice, said there's no phone outside the popular shoe store.

"There's never been a phone here. I've never seen one. There's no way he made that call."

"No way?"

"No way."

• Love 2

We talked to the manager at Foot Locker, one of the places Jake was looking for work on that fateful day. The man, we'll call him Ken and we disguised his voice, said there's no phone outside the popular shoe store.

"There's never been a phone here. I've never seen one. There's no way he made that call."

"No way?"

"No way."

And then there's the docks. The docks are known for being shady. Many dead bodies are thrown from the docks. Some even killed in local "business " owner Sonny Corinthos's warehouse. He says it's for coffee, but why so many dead bodies? So many gun shots? And if Sonny Corinthos is a nice business man who loves his kids, then why is in prison for the murder of an unarmed man? That man- Jay (son)'s brother, AJ Quartermaine.

Next on GH. "You have a Global Tel Call from Sonny Corinthos ".

• Love 3

Oh lord, why in the world are Olivia and Julian making out? These two would not be attracted to each other at all. 

You're under the assumption that Ron Carlivati gives a shit about what makes sense or is in character...

• Love 7

Oh lord, why in the world are Olivia and Julian making out? These two would not be attracted to each other at all. 

The fact that there are very few non mob guys available in the age group may play into it. Also it could be her way at getting back at Alexis because Ned like Alexis more. God, this show is getting to be so high school.

That Carly/Jake(son) moment aside (ewww...), it bums me out how happy Jordan appears in the promo to be in the company of Shawn.  Oh girl, wash that hypocrite hitman out of your hair!

Duke and Lucy have an open and honest chat about their feelings.

Let me guess, a total of about three minutes of air time shoved in between the "sexier stuff" trying to explain these out-of-nowhere feelings Lucy and now apparently Duke have for each other?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I think it's been said they're both pretty drunk. And using each other to get over Ned and Alexis.

At least it isn't Carly...I have to find the good somewhere. Although I do think Dante's head is going to explode when he finds out, heh.

Dante: Ma! You just...didn't you learn from being with Da-I mean Sonny, dammit I need to stop doing that...

Olivia: Hey, your father was the love of my life once but Julian...have you seen his abs? Mmmm...

Dante: ....'scuse me?

Oh the hilarity of it all. Sam and Dante could end up step-siblings, what fun.

• Love 1

Don't you know that Lucy and Duke are suddenly the most important people in each other's lives? Much like Samtrick and Naxie, Ron likes to skip all the "boring" stuff and go straight to soulmates!

I think they set up the Nathan/Maxie friendship-to-feelings pretty well, though the whole thing was horrible with Levi and her being colossally stupid and so on. It's a B-plot at best. Those two spent a lot of time together going from platonic to more and discovering that, but their actual story with Levi was terrible, and now this current story is just lame and overdoing it. Sam and Patrick have chemistry and a natural connection, but the story has been shoved along in wild fits and starts that involve either fucking up the Robin issue or slamming ahead too fast, or both. I can't remember the last time those two just seriously talked about how they felt.

Lucy and Duke, OTOH, have been relegated to the usual Ron Carlivati Soap Vets Timefiller High School, where people aged 45-70 switch partners regularly and act like high-strung teenagers. That was cute the first time I saw it on OLTL, until I realized it was the only trick he had and that the individual characters and what they would or would not do was not an issue for him. It's not that LH and IB don't have some nice chemistry together, but I simply don't buy them romantically and it came up out of two or three abrupt scenes. Same with Bobbie, Scott, etc. And this Julian and Olivia partner-swapping shit - ugh. They'd sooner be with, IDK, Jordan and someone.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

I completely agree on Lucy and Duke. So word on that.

I won't bore you with my deeper thoughts on Naxie and Samtrick 'cause I'm just tired of my own thoughts right now, but regarding your comment about Samtrick talking about their feelings...

They did just that...in that sneak peek. But only Sam is allowed to talk about it. She brings up Silas, the friendship she wants to keep with Patty, etc. Patrick, on the other hand, has no qualms about anything. That is my ultimate problem with this story. He has absolutely no POV but "I like Sam." It's been like this for months now.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

Lucy and Duke having romantic feelings for each other just makes no goddamn sense.

Lucy spent most of the last year torn between two men, both of whom she's been involved with for DECADES, and now she's completely over both of them?  She's really not going to take another shot at Scotty now that he and Bobbie have broken up?

And it makes even less sense for Duke.  His love for Anna basically kept him alive for the twenty plus years he spent locked away.  Is he really not sad at all that their relationship is over?

jsbt is completely right.  It's not that you couldn't tell a romance between Lucy and Duke, it's not like that the actors don't have chemistry, it's that just trotting them out for three random scenes and then declaring, "LUCY AND DUKE LOVE EACH OTHER" does not work.

And while this is going on, poor Anna is stuck dealing with Lame Duck Agent Sloan?  Blech.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

It's not that you couldn't tell a romance between Lucy and Duke, it's not like that the actors don't have chemistry, it's that just trotting them out for three random scenes and then declaring, "LUCY AND DUKE LOVE EACH OTHER" does not work.

I feel like you can say this about a lot of the "couples" on GH. 

• Love 2

I'll further agree that jsbt that the early friends-to-feelings part of Maxie and Nathan kinda worked.  But now, they're going overboard on the whole thing.  They're not even an official couple yet, but he's getting her the super perfect romantic gift and sacrificing his ideals for her and she's...what is she bringing to the relationship?

• Love 2

With Nathan and Maxie they've done a lot of the work and now they're really just being over the top because, IDK, holidays. Ron and his crew have often done a good job with the slow build on some supporting couples, or they used to. It's the ones they're really invested in that they often rush or force - Franco and Carly, Franco and Nina, Michael and Kiki, Todd and Carly, even Michael and Starr, among many others just at this show. Sam and Patrick - great chemistry, but I mean, one week it was like, "Sam learns the truth about Jason and walks away from Patrick." The following week or two? "Sam and Patrick make up and spend the holidays together." Why? Because plot trumps all, especially with key couples. Sam and Patrick are hardly an endgame but it's definitely something they are invested in pushing along for the story. And it could be more while also being organic to plot. With Nathan and Maxie they've done a lot of the work and now they're really just being over the top because, IDK, holidays.

If Patrick had, say, gone after Robin in Paris, tried to figure out what was up and work things out - even if he hadn't found her it could've facilitated Sam going after him. Maybe she is also on the trial of some clues. Maybe they finally get a chance to hash out the Jason stuff, in addition to their longstanding old conflict - the way I remember Patrick back in the day, he was contemptuous of Jason, and of Sam and Robin's constant excuses for him. I remember when Robin "died" and Sam was pressuring him over Jason's operation, Patrick was disgusted and he was right to be. They could talk about how far they've come - Patrick's seen another side of her and Sam has decided she can't live the mob widow/run and gun life anymore, not after Jason, not with her son. They've hinted at that in the dialogue but never really had these two sit down and have a longer discussion about the people they used to be vs. who they are now and why they want to be together. They've sort of glanced off that stuff at times, but not much. And that's all you need.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

Patrick and Sam can never have a deep conversation about anything because all the hypocrisy would have to be exposed! Lol. Like, why hasn't Sam explored the fact that Robin went to save Jason and why Patty's marriage fell apart because of it? Harder for the writers to justify why she'd be romantic with Patty, me thinks.

• Love 3

Thinking a little more about the Julian and Olivia hookup, and trying to stomach it...at least if they decide to write the actress' pregnancy into the show we won't have a WTD storyline because the only possible father would be Julian.

She hasn't had sex with anyone else in months so unless Ron really wants to dig around deep in his ass to pull out another potential father that she somehow sexed up off screen, and I certainly wouldn't put that past him, hopefully that won't happen.

I am truly hoping beyond hope though that there won't be a pregnancy at all, that Ron will resist his usual urges. Just let them have their anger/revenge ONS and then go their separate ways.

• Love 1

I am truly hoping beyond hope though that there won't be a pregnancy at all, that Ron will resist his usual urges. Just let them have their anger/revenge ONS and then go their separate ways.

We already have one half-Jerome baby, the canvas doesn't need a second.  Especially not when Lucas (who?) is relegated to off-screen phone calls.

If Patrick had, say, gone after Robin in Paris, tried to figure out what was up and work things out - even if he hadn't found her...

It would have gone a long way to see or hear that Patrick had made an effort, ANY effort, to reach out to Robin after what he learned about Victor, the car accident, and Crichton-Clark.  That he seemingly hasn't regretted for one instance all the awful stuff he said to her now that he knows Victor was forcing her to stay there just make it impossible to get behind him.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

We already have one half-Jerome baby, the canvas doesn't need a second.  Especially not when Lucas (who?) is relegated to off-screen phone calls.

It would have gone a long way to see or hear that Patrick had made an effort, ANY effort, to reach out to Robin after what he learned about Victor, the car accident, and Crichton-Clark.  That he seemingly hasn't regretted for one instance all the awful stuff he said to her now that he knows Victor was forcing her to stay there just make it impossible to get behind him.

If anyone needs to be next in line to have a baby let it be Lucas, with Brad. Of course this show doesn't need another baby but at least it'd be something new and different and never done before. Personally I'd love to see such a relevant to the times storyline that might even get him/them some decent airtime.  

Ron's writing for Patrick is like watching a train wreck happen in slow motion. 

Edited by CPP83

With Nathan and Maxie they've done a lot of the work and now they're really just being over the top because, IDK, holidays. Ron and his crew have often done a good job with the slow build on some supporting couples, or they used to. It's the ones they're really invested in that they often rush or force - Franco and Carly, Franco and Nina, Michael and Kiki, Todd and Carly, even Michael and Starr, among many others just at this show. Sam and Patrick - great chemistry, but I mean, one week it was like, "Sam learns the truth about Jason and walks away from Patrick." The following week or two? "Sam and Patrick make up and spend the holidays together." Why? Because plot trumps all, especially with key couples. Sam and Patrick are hardly an endgame but it's definitely something they are invested in pushing along for the story. And it could be more while also being organic to plot. With Nathan and Maxie they've done a lot of the work and now they're really just being over the top because, IDK, holidays.

If Patrick had, say, gone after Robin in Paris, tried to figure out what was up and work things out - even if he hadn't found her it could've facilitated Sam going after him. Maybe she is also on the trial of some clues. Maybe they finally get a chance to hash out the Jason stuff, in addition to their longstanding old conflict - the way I remember Patrick back in the day, he was contemptuous of Jason, and of Sam and Robin's constant excuses for him. I remember when Robin "died" and Sam was pressuring him over Jason's operation, Patrick was disgusted and he was right to be. They could talk about how far they've come - Patrick's seen another side of her and Sam has decided she can't live the mob widow/run and gun life anymore, not after Jason, not with her son. They've hinted at that in the dialogue but never really had these two sit down and have a longer discussion about the people they used to be vs. who they are now and why they want to be together. They've sort of glanced off that stuff at times, but not much. And that's all you need.

I'd add Sam and McBain as well as Sam and Silas to the list of rushed couples. The "connection" that came out of nowhere that was so strong it turned them both into emotional cheaters was a way to rush them. Sam and Silas hated each other for all of a month, then by the time Danny came home they were trying to rush upstairs at the penthouse for a quickie.