Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

JFC, they're laying it on thick.  

They're pulling a page from the Baby Michael Playbook, when only the Borg could console Michael (he was the baby's favorite robot, after all).

• Love 3
On 7/27/2017 at 5:48 PM, Lobsel Vith said:

I'm sure even diehard Kristina fans know better than to expect this show to allow lgbt characters in a same-sex relationship to occupy much screentime. Lucas and Brad may as well be exploring a parallel universe with how little this show cares about them (which is sad since this is a show named after a hospital and they warrant more storytime than Mumbles does).

Which is why I said forever ago now that I didn't like Kristina suddenly being bi/lesbian. Not because there is anything wrong with being either, but because once a character is classified as such, all story dies. (Not a huge fan of Kristina as is, but she is a legacy character, and I hate that even the potential for anything of value will never happen because soap writers can't bring their writing into the 21st century.)

Also why, as sad as it is, Lucas would have been better off screen-time wise if he was left as straight and still crushing on Brook Lynn or some other chick.

It's not fair. It's not right. But it is the sad, indisputable truth. Diversity is a problem racially and with sexual orientation on soaps. At least US soaps. Maybe that's why they're dying.

• Love 5

None of the relationships, hetero or otherwise, are interesting. There's no doubt this show hasn't the faintest idea how to handle any sort of diversity, but I think the bigger problem is the writers lose interest in everything. There's a burst of creativity (relatively speaking) with the initial premise, and then it dies when the story needs to continue.

• Love 11

What irritated me was all the back-patting Frank and the writers did about the Lucas/Brad wedding and Kristina being bisexual given how quickly they shelved them.  

Frank/Shelly/Jean: Look how revolutionary and progressive we are in our storytelling!

Ron Howard Voice: They weren't.

• Love 14

^^^^THIS^^^^ has been annoying me for years now. It is maddening how everything goes absolutely nowhere. Helena's will garbage. Took years and just puttered out. Making HateChel a Webber. Then doing fucking NOTHING about it. Gee, some kids called her Aunt. BFD. Valerie existing and being in PC. Claudette, Lulu's missing embryo and everything concerning this sad version of the supposed Scary Valentin. (whose name frightened HELENA!) I guess that maybe Helena was just horrified that the feared family had diminished so much.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, stlbf said:

^^^^THIS^^^^ has been annoying me for years now. It is maddening how everything goes absolutely nowhere. Helena's will garbage. Took years and just puttered out. 

Yes, what happened to all the clues Helena left?  What did they mean???  Did I miss all the reveals or something?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, stlbf said:

^^^^THIS^^^^ has been annoying me for years now. It is maddening how everything goes absolutely nowhere. Helena's will garbage. Took years and just puttered out. Making HateChel a Webber. Then doing fucking NOTHING about it. Gee, some kids called her Aunt. BFD. Valerie existing and being in PC. Claudette, Lulu's missing embryo and everything concerning this sad version of the supposed Scary Valentin. (whose name frightened HELENA!) I guess that maybe Helena was just horrified that the feared family had diminished so much.

We still don't know wtf was up with that coloring book.  And why is it that Franco is the only one to bond with Jake.   And why is Franco... here, dating Liz, alive, etc.  Will SBu Jason kill Franco or will they be bff and wear matching tees?

• Love 1
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

None of the relationships, hetero or otherwise, are interesting. There's no doubt this show hasn't the faintest idea how to handle any sort of diversity, but I think the bigger problem is the writers lose interest in everything. There's a burst of creativity (relatively speaking) with the initial premise, and then it dies when the story needs to continue.

First time GH poster and I couldn't agree more, been watching for 40 years and its only out of habit that I keep watching.  None of the relationships have depth, and can we please have a story line that doesn't include someone being shot!

• Love 8
On 7/28/2017 at 10:29 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Avery is inconsolable.

On 7/28/2017 at 10:29 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

JFC, they're laying it on thick.  

Mo: *mumbles* You gotta write that my kids miss me! No, that's not enough, damn it, Avery should be inconsolable - do ya hear me?

• Love 4

I can't get excited about Stone's return.  It's probably partially because Stone's story is only something I've experienced from YT clips, but his purpose here will be to prop and sanctify Sonny and I just can't with that.

• Love 7
(edited)

He's aged nicely. He looks much better than when he was on GH.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't get excited about Stone's return.  It's probably partially because Stone's story is only something I've experienced from YT clips, but his purpose here will be to prop and sanctify Sonny and I just can't with that.

I don't think Stone would have lasted long on the show anyway or been much remembered without the AIDS story, but who knows. But MS didn't seem like too good of an actor.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I don't think Stone and Robin would have lasted even if he hadn't gotten sick. He probably would have been shot while working for Sonny. But Stone getting AIDS was a gigantic umbrella story that had long-lasting repercussions. Unlike anything written today.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I don't think Stone would have lasted long on the show anyway or been much remembered without the AIDS story, but who knows

Well, yeah. I think that applies to about 90% of characters. Most lasted or were memorable because of a significant story or specific pairing.

• Love 3

It can even apply characters specifically intended to be short-term. Sonny himself was created to be a short-term villain in the Karen/Jagger story. Then Labine came on and realized he could be useful in the Luke&Laura Returns/Frank Smith story and hooked him up with Brenda, and here we are. (Does that make these endless years of Sonny Supremacy Brenda's fault? Damn that girl and her chemistry!)

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

It can even apply characters specifically intended to be short-term. Sonny himself was created to be a short-term villain in the Karen/Jagger story. Then Labine came on and realized he could be useful in the Luke&Laura Returns/Frank Smith story and hooked him up with Brenda, and here we are. (Does that make these endless years of Sonny Supremacy Brenda's fault? Damn that girl and her chemistry!)

Yes. I was actually going to write before that MB should be sending gifts to VM and Sutton every Christmas because the character of Sonny has coasted off the goodwill those stories created for him.

42 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Well, yeah. I think that applies to about 90% of characters. Most lasted or were memorable because of a significant story or specific pairing.

Yes, that's true, but other characters have still gone on to do other crap, even if their popularity is fueled on the first hit story they got. I meant I have my doubts if MS/Stone would have been able to do that, but of course, there's no way to disprove or prove that. I just found him kind of a blah character before the AIDS story started.

• Love 2
On July 19, 2017 at 2:29 PM, dubbel zout said:

JDP is a name, maybe that's why? I dunno. Frank seems to have a lot of free time to do GH stuff that doesn't improve the quality of GH.

I thought it was obvious that Dr JDP was related to Garvey and effin with Sam's 'vitamins' to program her to kill Sonny

147067_VD2_1026-900x0.jpg

Edited by the brother
  • Love 1

It's not at all convoluted that random mobster was inserted to bring Carly and Sonny back together and random Sam brain disease to have a Stone return in a dream sequence but what's the long game here?   How does it tie into the return of olJason....?

11 minutes ago, the brother said:

I thought it was obvious that Dr JDP was related to Garvey and effin with Sam's 'vitamins' to program her to kill Sonny.

I had that thought too, but she was hallucinating about Sonny way before she saw him.  And if he had, we'd be seeing him cackling evilly in the hospital hallways by now.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I had that thought too, but she was hallucinating about Sonny way before she saw him.  And if he had, we'd be seeing him cackling evilly in the hospital hallways by now.

Yeah, this show is never subtle. There's no way we wouldn't have gotten an indication before now he was involved.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

#GH - Monica's day goes from bad to worse. {Aug 14}

Is she getting a secret kid who is then immediately killed in front of her?

#GH - Griffin surprises Ava. {Aug 15}

Oh, is this still supposed to be a thing?

ETA...HA, jinx ulkis!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, is this still supposed to be a thing?

ETA...HA, jinx ulkis!

They got to park Ava somewhere before they use her again. I imagine it just maybe happens with Finn once the Hayden is no longer in Port Charles.

Ugh, I hope not, I don't recall them having much chemistry when Dr. Michael Easton was Silas.

It is ridiculous that Griffin has been on the show for, what, a year and a half and has not had a proper love interest.  Hell, I think he's only had one on-screen kiss and that was with stupid Claudette.

• Love 1

The writers really Hate Monica.  She had four children, Dawn (murdered), Emily (Murdered), AJ ("murdered" came back from the dead so he could be murdered by Sonny) and Jason ("murdered" but is now back from the dead).  At one point she thought all FOUR of her children had been murdered.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Isn't Griffin still technically a priest?

I honestly have no idea what his official status is supposed to be.  Him being a priest doesn't really come up or inform his character at all.  So what's the point?

• Love 1

It is ridiculous that Griffin has been on the show for, what, a year and a half and has not had a proper love interest.  Hell, I think he's only had one on-screen kiss and that was with stupid Claudette.

Which annoys me. What is the guy doing here? He's the Aidan Turner (the one from All My Children) of GH.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Monica's day goes from bad to worse. {Aug 14}

Michael demands that Sonny move in to AJ's old room at the Q mansion and that Monica call Sonny her son?

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yeah, this show is never subtle. There's no way we wouldn't have gotten an indication before now he was involved.

Except this is TFGH, aka RetconVille. Nothing has to make sense, we're just supposed to go along with everything and cheer at the ingenuity.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yes, and she'll also have to babysit her new secret grandchildren.

10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:
10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Isn't Griffin still technically a priest?

I think that was as good as dead when he humped Claudette.

Technically he's on leave, whatever that means. (It means the show isn't sure if it wants to keep him a priest.)

• Love 3
11 hours ago, stlbf said:

Michael demands that Sonny move in to AJ's old room at the Q mansion and that Monica call Sonny her son?

That would make EVERYONE'S day go from bad to worse.  But I did lol at your post :-)

• Love 3

Valentin tells Ava that if she recants her statement about his role in Nikolas's death that he will restore her appearance. #GH

I called it. Because that's not suspicious at all, Valentin.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

The writers really Hate Monica.  She had four children, Dawn (murdered), Emily (Murdered), AJ ("murdered" came back from the dead so he could be murdered by Sonny) and Jason ("murdered" but is now back from the dead).  At one point she thought all FOUR of her children had been murdered.

Actually, she knew AJ wasn't dead the first time.   The "power of her love" and the shadiness of Dr Stephen Lars saved him.   But after AJ was "murdered" by Sonny, she did think that all of her kids were murder victims.  (I don't buy that her frequent conferences aren't to visit not dead AJ)

18 hours ago, stlbf said:

And then she has to babysit Avery, give Kristina the boathouse, wash Jason's black tees, and sculpt a shrine to St. Morgan in the garden.  

6 hours ago, ulkis said:

#GH - Ava fantasizes about a life without scars. {Aug 16}

So . . . she's gonna have a flashback to two months ago?

He might fix her hair, so there is that.

• Love 3

Jason starts to piece together that Sam was responsible for Sonny's ordeal and fears he won't be able to protect her.

Sonny is also recalling what happened that night and weighs whether or not to tell Carly it was Sam who shot him.

Great job picking best friends and godparents for your children, idiots.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

Jason starts to piece together that Sam was responsible for Sonny's ordeal and fears he won't be able to protect her.

Protect her from what and/or whom, Sonny and Carly? They both know Sam was pretty sick. If they go after her, I hope Jason puts a bullet into both of them, given what they're been excused of for various reasons. Whenever Sonny had a "dark" bipolar episode, he was never responsible. GAH.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Protect her from what and/or whom, Sonny and Carly? They both know Sam was pretty sick. If they go after her, I hope Jason puts a bullet into both of them, given what they're been excused of for various reasons. Whenever Sonny had a "dark" bipolar episode, he was never responsible. GAH.

I interpreted that as "protect her from the police", but who knows?  Dante would probably argue that they shouldn't charge her because she had stupid brain thing.

• Love 1

So it's basically been confirmed by EW.com and SOD.com today that Tyler Christopher has joined Days in an unnamed role and has been taping since last week. (And some Days cast member posted a pic. I think it was the actress that plays Abby Deveraux since it was her birthday and TC was in the background.)

That said, someone at another soap board says there was also video - and Haley Pullos was seen. (I have not seen this alleged video, to be clear!) There is SPECULATION that she may have also jumped ship from GH and may be playing the new Ciara, daughter of Bo and Hope.

Time will tell!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

So it's basically been confirmed by EW.com and SOD.com today that Tyler Christopher has joined Days in an unnamed role and has been taping since last week. (And some Days cast member posted a pic. I think it was the actress that plays Abby Deveraux since it was her birthday and TC was in the background.)

That said, someone at another soap board says there was also video - and Haley Pullos was seen. (I have not seen this alleged video, to be clear!) There is SPECULATION that she may have also jumped ship from GH and may be playing the new Ciara, daughter of Bo and Hope.

Time will tell!

I think this is the clip that "might" show HP in the background.  Scroll down a little on Sal's twitter page.

https://twitter.com/SalStowers

• Love 1