Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I'd call him more of a grey hat or rogue, than an actual villain. I don't buy that he'd let Laura take the rap the way that story insisted he did.

Yeah I didn't really buy that.Even when he was the biggest villian in town.He was willing to go to prison for Heather when he thought she killed Susan.

• Love 2

I thought there was a kernel of an interesting story with the Rick thing - that kind of suburban gothic stuff, turning over a rock in a show's past always intrigues me. Especially in this case, where you had a part of Laura's life that decades of creative regimes had glossed over in favor of exclusively the L&L years. The fact that the show had such rich history that Laura could go to some other family's still-standing house and explore her own past worked for me. And supposedly there were bigger plans for Rick Webber, the hospital, etc. that may have existed that did not happen.

But the secret was, I think, cribbed largely from Chuck Pratt's Melrose Place, where Alison had flashbacks to her childhood home and attic and discovered her dad had molested her. So it was both unseemly and a clear ripoff. I remember there were rumors that originally he was going to have been sleeping with Bobbie instead of some random nurse, or something - I just think there was a much better story to tell from the basic concept that didn't drag both Rick Sr. and Scott totally through the mud. And killing him, along with what they did to Laura, was horrible.

• Love 2
On 12/18/2016 at 9:13 PM, stlbf said:

I agree 100%. Lulu should have had some major fears about becoming a parent. It isn't like she a normal childhood with regular parents. Laura had some massive mental health issues for most of Lulu's childhood. So did her Grandmother Leslie. Luke wasn't always there. We had him admit that for years he saw Lulu as being contaminated thanks to Nik saving her life with his bone marrow. So Lulu was raised by Leslie, Bobbie, Lucky, Nik and even with Elizabeth and Emily. Carly was allegedly added during her teens.

Taking my response to the History thread.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh thank goodness! #eyeroll

They've barely been apart, they're pretty much already reunited, way to get some drama out of this story, "soap opera writers".

They are doing it to get some drama out of the story, because they think there will be more if Sonny and Carly are together. except if she can get over their exploded son in a month, why wouldn't she get over Nelle? So dumb.

Once again, they went for short term pay off instead of thinking about the long term when they killed Morgan off.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, ulkis said:

They are doing it to get some drama out of the story, because they think there will be more if Sonny and Carly are together. except if she can get over their exploded son in a month, why wouldn't she get over Nelle? So dumb.

Once again, they went for short term pay off instead of thinking about the long term when they killed Morgan off.

Speaking of long term, if I recall correctly, I think the actress playing Nelle said something in an interview about the no-sex-sleeping with Sonny reveal isn't going to happen until February. Please tell me I'm wrong. How long do we have to deal with motiveless Nelle? This is beyond stupid already, I'm so sick of seeing that letter signed "your Father" or whatever the hell it says. I almost remember her coyly saying in the same article which I have no link for, that maybe the letter isn't actually meant for Nelle or some kind of bullshit. Just move on already with this storyline because I'm tired of yawning for an hour.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

.... This is beyond stupid ....

I think that is GH's new slogan! I would love it if Nelle turned out to be the daughter of someone that Jason attempted to kill on Sonny's orders, but somehow the bullet didn't kill him and he had enough strength to get some help. 

• Love 3

Franco is determined to clear his name. {Jan 4}

I cannot believe we have to sit through this AGAIN.

Anna's hypnotherapy session uncovers details from her past. {Jan 4}

Hopefully it's with Kevin.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Interesting that Robin (and Emma) are going to pop in and out the next few months.  A sign that Griffin has failed as Anna's new "family"?

ETA...Could the 27th be Maxie and Nathan's wedding?

Edited by TeeVee329
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

Interesting that Robin (and Emma) are going to pop in and out the next few months.  A sign that Griffin has failed as Anna's new "family"?

Lol, they are a fail to me. But this is also what Kimberly always wanted...and Frank finally agreed, I guess.

12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

ETA...Could the 27th be Maxie and Nathan's wedding?

Maybe, but I think Robin and Emma would be popping in and out no matter what.

11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Lol, they are a fail to me. But this is also what Kimberly always wanted...and Frank finally agreed, I guess.

You know, I'm gonna lay the blame on Ron with the Why Don't You Love Patrick's New Interests While Robin is Kidnapped years. I think Frank woulda been fine sending Robin off normally and Ron was the one who was probably like explosions! kidnapping! masks! supervillains! tons and tons of supervillains!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Maybe, but I think Robin and Emma would be popping in and out no matter what.

Oh, I meant because of Lucas' appearance.  That would be a sensible place to see him.  But if he pops up randomly to talk to Carly and then doesn't show at Maxie's wedding, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

You know, I'm gonna lay the blame on Ron with Why Don't You Love Patrick's New Interest While Robin is Kidnapped years. I think Frank woulda been fine sending Robin off normally and Ron was the one who was probably like explosions! kidnapping! masks! supervillains! tons and tons of supervillains!

Oh, I know. It was also Ron who said (in an interview like, a week before he was fired) that if fans wanted Robin in the story that they'd just have to accept a recast. Almost like, "I will keep her chained until you accept another actress in the role." 

Edited by HeatLifer
Just now, HeatLifer said:

Oh, I know. It was also Ron who said (in an interview like, a week before he was fired) that if fans wanted to Robin in the story that they'd just have to accept a recast. Almost like, "I will keep her chained until you accept another actress in the role." 

I don't think he wanted a recast though - I think he knows part of the appeal of the role is Kim. I think it was more like he was saying, "I have to keep her chained, unless there's another actress in the role. And none of us want that, right? riiight? Good, now shut up."

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think he wanted a recast though - I think he knows part of the appeal of the role is Kim. I think it was more like he was saying, "I have to keep her chained, unless there's another actress in the role. And none of us want that, right? riiight? Good, now shut up."

If that's what he meant he did an awful job explaining it bc that's not how it read in the interview at all. At the end of the day, keeping her kidnapped worked ONE time. For ONE story. The second time was pure laziness on a creative level. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey, remember that story book of Jake's from Cassadine Island and how much of a not-thing it turned out to be?

This reminds me of that time when a whole entire child who had his organs donated came back from the dead with no onscreen explanation.

• Love 11

The title of this thread reminded me that it's almost Christmas Eve, when my family's traditional dinner is cheese fondue. We do not waste it by throwing it in one another's faces, however. We greedily eat every drop of delicious lactic extract from hooved animals.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey, remember that story book of Jake's from Cassadine Island and how much of a not-thing it turned out to be?

They keep reading it over and over, not realizing that's all there is to it, because there was no "end of book" to tell them to stop reading.

• Love 10

@jmcrenny 
Lulu and Nina almost brawl at Maxie's wedding with Felicia and Robin having to break it up. Elsewhere, Dante and Mac calm Nathan. #GH

I'm on Lulu's side and all, but there's no such thing as a "brawl" between her and Nina. More like an "instant smashing" from Nina.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

@jmcrenny 
Lulu and Nina almost brawl at Maxie's wedding with Felicia and Robin having to break it up. Elsewhere, Dante and Mac calm Nathan. #GH

I'm on Lulu's side and all, but there's no such thing as a "brawl" between her and Nina. More like an "instant smashing" from Nina.

Thisclose to a Dante/Robin scene, dammit.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Thisclose to a Dante/Robin scene, dammit.

We might get one! Maybe they'll chat in the background. "Here's my picture of Stone. I like to think this is what our wedding day would have looked like if we had one. Sonny would have paid for it, I'm sure."

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, ulkis said:

@jmcrenny 

Ugh, it's about stupid Charlotte. I'm on Valentin's side. 

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, ulkis said:

We might get one! Maybe they'll chat in the background. "Here's my picture of Stone. I like to think this is what our wedding day would have looked like if we had one. Sonny would have paid for it, I'm sure."

And Dante will be like :D

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And Dante will be like :D

He will say "I'm dying to dance! Would you like to take a spin?" ba-dump!

(for those of you who don't know, DZ and Kim were in a tv movie called "Dying to Dance." Rick Springfield played Kim's character's dad, funnily enough.)

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, ulkis said:

He will say "I'm dying to dance! Would you like to take a spin?" ba-dump!

(for those of you who don't know, DZ and Kim were in a tv movie called "Dying to Dance." Rick Springfield played Kim's character's dad, funnily enough.)

Hahahah. They actually had good chem, too.

Btw, Kim posted a new blog. She's pregnant again. I'm cryin'. Such good news!

• Love 6