Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If Lucas makes a point of thanking Sonny, I don't know what I'll do.

For what?  Not shooting him?  In that case, thanks Sonny for not being a real person and shooting me too.  I mean, Lucas lives in a studio.  Couldn't Sonny pay off his student loans or something since he's the GH Santa with a gun? 

And apparently from a picture I saw, Olivia horns in on Lucas' yelling at Julian tomorrow and you know she's gonna make sure to prop Sonny as a GOOD mobster baby daddy as opposed to a BAD mobster baby daddy. #eyeroll

• Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

For saving Alexis. I can see Lucas doing that to needle Julian. Sonny's getting so much praise from everyone that I'm sure there will be a parade this week.

Wait, does the 4th of July celebration count? Sonny did PAY FOR THE FIREWORKS.  I'm sure that there was a parade he sponsored too. With his somehow "famous coffee" moolah.

Because most cities happily take money from reputed crime lords to sponsor family events. Doesn't the current Mayor dislike Sonny? Why would she allow her city to accept Sonny's money?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And apparently from a picture I saw, Olivia horns in on Lucas' yelling at Julian tomorrow and you know she's gonna make sure to prop Sonny as a GOOD mobster baby daddy as opposed to a BAD mobster baby daddy. #eyeroll

At least Julian hasn't SHOT HIS CHILD AT POINT BLANK RANGE, TRYING TO KILL HIM!

Soooooo, SHUT UP OLIVIA! Just because that is what I generally want to say when she starts yapping.

• Love 13
(edited)
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I loathe Julian and I have since he was introduced but Julian hasn't SHOT LUCAS/LEO IN THE CHEST. So, Olivia can have several seats

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10
(edited)

This week's promo:

Ugh, two story teases related to Sonny.  Meanwhile, the Cassadine Island stuff is all Jason and Sam with a whisper of Laura in there.  Boooo.
Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

The Finn drug story is amazingly stupid. It's supposed to be very rare and hard to obtain. Yet we have Rebecca Budig's mom able to get all the information one could want about it in a single phone call. And Sonny, who doesn't touch drugs, might just know someone who can get it. Gah.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

This week's promo:

Ugh, two story teases related to Sonny.  Meanwhile, the Cassadine Island stuff is all Jason and Sam with a whisper of Laura in there.  Boooo.

I fell asleep while watching this. 

• Love 4

Read a spoiler tease on TV Source Magazine for the week of August 1st that fucking Franco gets cranky when Scotty "gives his two cents on the better woman for him - and it's not Liz".  Poor Scotty, those Friz fans are gonna come for him hard.

First Lucy, now Scotty, must characters I like keep interacting with the SERIAL KILLER?

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

When the hell's the last time we even saw Joss?  That day she wanted to take Sonny to school for Career Day and I wanted to throw myself out a window?

Come on! It's cute!

• Love 2

Is that for real? It must be, because I follow that person and she's extremely reliable. Wow. I do love JVP and am happy for him that his great work was recognized enough to be asked back (although they did the same thing for ME which no, so maybe just stop doing it altogether). But this excessive character binging has got to stop. When will it end? When the town retaliates and starts eating each other?

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

JC ‏@jmcrenny 
Jeffrey Vincent Parise reruns to #GH playing Joe, the twin of Carlos.

me: 

Untitled2_zps4ece0422.png

Oh gawd, that must be the person from Sabrina's past that was supposed to show up this summer.

I can't with this!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, tvgoddess said:

Is that for real? It must be, because I follow that person and she's extremely reliable. Wow. I do love JVP and am happy for him that his great work was recognized enough to be asked back (although they did the same thing for ME which no, so maybe just stop doing it altogether). But this excessive character binging has got to stop. When will it end? When the town retaliates and starts eating each other?

I enjoy JVP for what his performance is, but I don't trust him not to fall into the "bored and/or crappy" trap if he becomes a regular. He's lively, but it's easy to be lively when you're not there daily and you're giving a purposeful, over-the-top bombastic performance. He can't act like a cartoon if he's gonna be a regular (which we don't know yet).

Also it just makes me wish my faves would leave before they get killed off or go through more character assassination all while getting 5 minutes of screentime a month. Characters like Dante, Lulu, Michael, etc are so clearly there to tease their fans and it's dumb. Only the most hard core of fans are going to stick around for their favorites getting bits and teases. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Can they at least beg on their knees for Brandon Barash to come back so they could do a proper Lulu/Dante/Johnny triangle? I know FV likes him.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I enjoy JVP for what his performance is, but I don't trust him not to fall into the "bored and/or crappy" trap if he becomes a regular. He's lively, but it's easy to be lively when you're not there daily and you're giving a purposeful, over-the-top bombastic performance. He can't act like a cartoon if he's gonna be a regular (which we don't know yet).

Hopefully Joe will be different from Carlos, so no telenovela-style emoting. I think JVP is a smart guy who can modulate when necessary.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Hopefully Joe will be different from Carlos, so no telenovela-style emoting. I think JVP is a smart guy who can modulate when necessary.

Oh, I definitely think he can modulate. He seems like a good actor. But I still think re-hiring him is a bad idea, as much as I enjoy the guy.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Also it just makes me wish my faves would leave before they get killed off or go through more character assassination all while getting 5 minutes of screentime a month. Characters like Dante, Lulu, Michael, etc are so clearly there to tease their fans and it's dumb. Only the most hard core of fans are going to stick around for their favorites getting bits and teases. 

And these are good points. If he stays recurring, it would be better. It just really isn't needed.

I hear you on the second point. Maura ain't leaving, so I'm stuck with the crap writing they give Ava. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

JC ‏@jmcrenny 
Jeffrey Vincent Parise reruns to #GH playing Joe, the twin of Carlos.

me: 

Really!?!! Whatever!

I am pretty much watching 8 minutes of the show right now due to not giving a fuck about everything else. 

• Love 2

So, ME can get a half dozen or so characters, JVP can come back as a Carlos twin, but they can't correct the biggest casting mistake and turn RoHo into anyone but Franco?  (Whatever anyone thinks of RoHo, he's pretty much here to stay.) 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

[rant]!!!!!!! This character, man. I don't even care who plays him, I realized. Sorry, Chad. But there's too many years of his BS and Jason/Carly/Sonny's BS to ever make me feel any other way.[/rant]

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

So, ME can get a half dozen or so characters, JVP can come back as a Carlos twin, but they can't correct the biggest casting mistake and turn RoHo into anyone but Franco?  (Whatever anyone thinks of RoHo, he's pretty much here to stay.) 

I was under the impression that Franco was so big a failure at the beginning, that FV (and RC) thought that if they transformed him into another character, it would be an even bigger failure because people would see right through the obvious ploy. I don't know, that's my best theory. My other is Ron and Frank still wanted that connection to James Franco.

10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I was under the impression that Franco was so big a failure at the beginning, that FV (and RC) thought that if they transformed him into another character, it would be an even bigger failure because people would see right through the obvious ploy.

As opposed to the ongoing major failure that is Franco? IMO, it would have been better to take the hit earlier and get on with it. If viewers can deal with Michael Easton being five different characters, I think they can deal with Roger Howarth being three different characters. But I'm not an executive producer, so what do I know?

• Love 4
16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Read a spoiler tease on TV Source Magazine for the week of August 1st that fucking Franco gets cranky when Scotty "gives his two cents on the better woman for him - and it's not Liz".  Poor Scotty, those Friz fans are gonna come for him hard.

First Lucy, now Scotty, must characters I like keep interacting with the SERIAL KILLER?

Not that I care about Franco's love life but Scotty being Liz is bad is kinda weird you should stick with Nina lol.

How weird is it though that Lucy and Scotty haven't had AT in weeks well Lucy months I guess and there spoilers are with Franco.

12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I was under the impression that Franco was so big a failure at the beginning, that FV (and RC) thought that if they transformed him into another character, it would be an even bigger failure because people would see right through the obvious ploy. I don't know, that's my best theory. My other is Ron and Frank still wanted that connection to James Franco.

Good old Frank and Ron, the one time they really should go for the obvious ploy, they're afraid of seeming like they're going for it.  

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

As opposed to the ongoing major failure that is Franco? IMO, it would have been better to take the hit earlier and get on with it. If viewers can deal with Michael Easton being five different characters, I think they can deal with Roger Howarth being three different characters. But I'm not an executive producer, so what do I know?

like I said, I really don't know. Just my best guess.

Actually my best guess is "drunk with power".

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

like I said, I really don't know. Just my best guess.

Actually my best guess is "drunk with power".

Power, wanting to give his friends jobs, that about sums it up. He doesn't care about stories or characters or logic.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Not that I care about Franco's love life but Scotty being Liz is bad is kinda weird you should stick with Nina lol.

I don't think it's Scotty slamming Liz, I think it's him pointing out how fucking weird it is, given his history, that Franco's setting out to romance one of Jason's baby mamas.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

For real.   But if JVP plays Joe (please let it be "Hoseph") half as good as he played Carrrrlos and gets to be a doctor, I might jump in for a visit.  Maybe.  

But...that's Valentin Cassadine?  Moustache with a hoodie?  Helena was afraid of that?  Why?   Dude.  Wtf.  And HD is not kind to close up face shots, Maurice.   Like, I don't know why Lizard Doctor is all crying to the mob, but I'm sure it's fucking stupid.  And whomever Kristina bangs is not promo worthy.   Pretty Little Liars has more action in one episode than this show does in years, and in 7 years I still don't know wtf is going on on that show either.  

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Power, wanting to give his friends jobs, that about sums it up. He doesn't care about stories or characters or logic.

I mean, they'e all done it - Kale Brown's melodious voiceovers, anyone - but FV makes it so, so obvious. He could try to hide it a smidge!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I mean, they'e all done it - Kale Brown's melodious voiceovers, anyone - but FV makes it so, so obvious. He could try to hide it a smidge!

Watch yourself lol.  Or else "The part of Cameron Spencer will now be played by Andrew Tribetta"

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Watch yourself lol.  Or else "The part of Cameron Spencer will now be played by Andrew Tribetta"

Trischitta.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

A little of JVP goes a long way. I was sick of him three years ago.

Tbh I'm sick of GH.  It's sucked since the fallout from of the AJ reveal and hasn't recovered.  They had a huge bomb in their hands that could've led to a very different, yet great show but they shit the bed.   Having Michael forgive Sonny in 2 seconds,  having Sonny face no punishment was a huge mistake.   He was never going to be a prisoner long term, but to face no punishment and rise to saint status was disgusting.  It was like he got rewarded for murdering a legacy character in cold blood.  The Jason reveal sucked too.  For a pet character,  it was the most boring bs I've ever seen in my damn life.  Like,  it sucked and ruined tons of characters and wasted good actors and our time.  Anna and Robin were ruined.  Morgan is now mentally incapacitated.   (I'm not talking about his bipolar, I mean literally what's his IQ, like 70?) Michael,  who should be exciting and is played by a multiple Emmy winner, is boring af. (Or Chad won 1 and was nominated a few times?)  I miss watching a soap, I do.  But damn. 

• Love 10