Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

It would've made more sense for Patrick to figure it out and keep the secret because he wants to keep Danny after losing Gabriel and because he hates Jason.

That could have actually worked for me (if they insist on everyone keeping this damn secret).  They could have had Patrick becoming super bonded to Danny, and then when he finds out Jason is alive (and Jake), he could be pissed, saying that the whole process of reviving Jason is what cost him Gabriel and Robin, so he'll be damned if he's just going to hand Sam and Danny back over to Jason.  

• Love 4

tweets and recaps from Fan Club Weekend (annual summer event the GH actors have)

Serena ‏@StLouisCardsGal 36m36 minutes ago
@mondlerlovexo @GenHospitalGal @USNCS I do think we are gonna see a whole new GH come Oct. The actors seem excited about the changes.

Serena þ@StLouisCardsGal 21m21 minutes ago
@mondlerlovexo @USNCS Lisa said they get the new scripts 8/10. Billy said they've had lots of actor meetings w/Frank. Change is coming. #GH

Serena ‏@StLouisCardsGal 2m2 minutes ago
Tyler is Pro Niz. He agreed that he doesn't know why they dropped them. I also told him that they need to revisit Aiden's paternity.

@GenHospitalGal @mondlerlovexo @USNCS Tyler said the cast has been told that JP & SA are focusing on characters relationships/Longer scenes.

Serena ‏@StLouisCardsGal 7s7 seconds ago
@ghaccount He doesn't think Nik will apologize to Sam. He doesn't think Nik did anything wrong. He doesn't think #GH will fix them.

Serena þ@StLouisCardsGal 21m21 minutes ago
@mondlerlovexo @USNCS Lisa said they get the new scripts 8/10. Billy said they've had lots of actor meetings w/Frank. Change is coming. #GH

from Tyler's event

In regards to Alexis/Sam and keeping the Jason secret: Doesn't think the writer's will fix it. This is a Cassadine family. At some point you have to not apologize for what you are. He's not going to go around and feel bad. He is ruthless and that's who he is.

His thoughts on dark Nik: Called Nik a pushover and soft before, likes that he's dark now - however he won't ever cross some lines, but he'll skirt around them. Won't compromise his relationship with his mother or put Liz in harms way. Won't be a typical soap villain. There's reasons behind his actions.

On shooting Hayden: "Nobody cares about her!"  He did clarify that people WILL care about her, but at the time, they didn't. It was somebody he didn't care about. That being said, it was a big step - but his justification was spot on. Said RC was really accurate about how Nik felt - getting crapped on by Britt which led him to want to reclaim his power.

Jason reveal: Had no idea when it was going to happen. (People started praising Becky about how great she's been) TC said it was difficult for Becky to play this whole thing. Someone in the audience said something about Laura going after her, and TC agreed but added that everyone has been going after her. He reiterated that this story-line is a difficult thing for Becky to play because it’s so black and white. Keeping Jason a secret is obviously wrong. Hoping with the new regime there’s some sort of reprieve for her - will probably come with the Jason secret getting blown sky high.

On his mother, Laura: Loves working with Genie. She's on her own now, got her own identity away from Luke.

Working with young kids (Spencer): Can be a challenge because they have their own way of working. Good thing about NB - wise beyond his years. Not intimidated by the material.

Overuse of flashbacks: Hopes that device won't be used much moving forward. Not going to write for the casual viewer anymore but the person who tunes in 5 days a week. Seemed excited about new writers.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

UGH about Ron and Tyler apparently agreeing that Britt is to blame for Nikolas' Cassadine transformation.  "She did awful things so it's her fault I'm doing even worse things!".  

And it sounds like the show's going to make a big push to get us to care about Rebecca Budig.  Paaassssss.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Overuse of flashbacks: Hopes that device won't be used much moving forward. Not going to write for the casual viewer anymore but the person who tunes in 5 days a week. Seemed excited about new writers.

He hit the nail on the damn head - the pacing, the overuse of flashbacks, etc is to pander to occasional watchers. Prime time shows for the most part understand that if you tell your story well & have respect for the audience keeping you on the air, you can grow your viewership because of the buzz from the fans who are already invested.

Standard sitcoms write for the casual viewer. That FrankenRon have been following the same playbook tells me just where the vision for their GH is rooted. Ron really should switch to comedies. Hell, he might even be great at it, bless his heart.

• Love 1

UGH about Ron and Tyler apparently agreeing that Britt is to blame for Nikolas' Cassadine transformation. "She did awful things so it's her fault I'm doing even worse things!".

And it sounds like the show's going to make a big push to get us to care about Rebecca Budig. Paaassssss.

She signed a 4-year contract, according to SID. So, yeah, they're going to revamp her to be a rootable character and probs pair her with TC, JT, or BM.

I think the new writers are going to retcon/reveal Hayden as someone else, hopefully Emily so she'll be a doctor and Q.

Any news of when Genie starts taping again?

• Love 1

UGH about Ron and Tyler apparently agreeing that Britt is to blame for Nikolas' Cassadine transformation.  "She did awful things so it's her fault I'm doing even worse things!".  

And it sounds like the show's going to make a big push to get us to care about Rebecca Budig.  Paaassssss.

Yeah. Never say never, but . . . . I'm gonna have a hard time caring about Rebecca Budig.

Yeah. Never say never, but . . . . I'm gonna have a hard time caring about Rebecca Budig.

I'm honestly over TPTB changing and twisting characters whenever they feel like it for whatever reason. "Let's make X crazy and psycho and then we'll make them loveable and rootable!" This isn't the first time. There's no consistency on this show. And it makes it hard as an audience member to take anything on-screen seriously because it will just be contradicted at a later time.

• Love 3

I'm honestly over TPTB changing and twisting characters whenever they feel like it for whatever reason. "Let's make X crazy and psycho and then we'll make them loveable and rootable!" This isn't the first time. There's no consistency on this show. 

Well . . . except for the part about twisting the characters. They're consistent about that!

• Love 3

I still don't understand how if GH is approx. three weeks ahead of air, we won't start seeing Shelly & Jean's scripts on screen until October. I'm not trying to be funny, I really don't get this.

Even if the cast started receiving their scripts this coming Monday, August 10th, why wont we see the material for another 7 weeks?

September, while not an official sweeps period, is really important to the broadcast nets and especially their affiliates. I can't believe the Affiliate Board of Governors isn't demanding GH get their new material on-air in Sep. Regardless, I'm expecting a lot of stations to downgrade the timeslot. I wouldn't be surprised if mine banished GH to its sister station as they've already done for View & Chew.

Se

Edited by Tiger

Well . . . except for the part about twisting the characters. They're consistent about that!

True. It's sad because it's obvious the new writers are going to continue that trend. I just don't see anything changing. If no one realizes (IMO) that: characters like Kiki, Franco, Nina, Ava, Sabrina have got to go in order to create a tighter canvas, that characters are insanely OOC (sorry, Tyler), and that Robin HAS to be freed (regardless of whether or not it's on-screen), I'm not sure I'll see improvement.

• Love 1

I don't want Rebecca Budig to be Emily.  Nor do I want Niz reunited.

Know why?

Because that means, even if the Jake(son) secret comes out and Nikolas loses everything, he still wins.  And that doesn't work for me.

• Love 8

Because that means, even if the Jake(son) secret comes out and Nikolas loses everything, he still wins.  And that doesn't work for me.

Well that would actually teach Nik for hiding Jason's identity and keeping him away from his family. If Hayden was really Emily then the same thing he is doing to Sam would have been done to him and he would have been responsible of killing her to protect the Jason secret.

• Love 3

I still don't understand how if GH is approx. three weeks ahead of air, we won't start seeing Shelly & Jean's scripts on screen until October. I'm not trying to be funny, I really don't get this.

Even if the cast started receiving their scripts this coming Monday, August 10th, why wont we see the material for another 7 weeks?

They won't get scripts this Monday, at least, none written by the new headwriters. I think the way it works is - and someone can correct me if I'm wrong - the headwriter comes up with ideas, the breakdown writers organize them into scenes, and then the scriptwriters write out the actual scenes, and then the actors get the scripts and they get a couple of days (maybe even just one or two? I'm not sure) to memorize them. And then they film it, which is usually 3-4 weeks ahead. It takes a couple of weeks to get the actual writing done.

• Love 1

They won't get scripts this Monday, at least, none written by the new headwriters. I think the way it works is - and someone can correct me if I'm wrong - the headwriter comes up with ideas, the breakdown writers organize them into scenes, and then the scriptwriters write out the actual scenes, and then the actors get the scripts and they get a couple of days (maybe even just one or two? I'm not sure) to memorize them. And then they film it, which is usually 3-4 weeks ahead. It takes a couple of weeks to get the actual writing done.

So what have the writers been doing in the two weeks since Ron was fired? Are they continuing to shoot Ron scripts?

Well that would actually teach Nik for hiding Jason's identity and keeping him away from his family. If Hayden was really Emily then the same thing he is doing to Sam would have been done to him and he would have been responsible of killing her to protect the Jason secret.

Exactly! Nik realizing he had Emily back twice and lost her and then actually tried to have her killed could be really soapy stuff if all the beats were played and Emily hated Nik for what he did to her, what was done to her y his family, what he did to Jasus, and what he did to the Q's.

• Love 2

If they are serious about fixing the actual quality of the show, they should try and crank out some scenes here and there and re-edit with some of RC's already filmed stuff. It would go a long way towards goodwill.

Like, shoot a scene where Mac comes into the hospital and says to Patrick "I got a weird message from Anna ... she found Robin ... somewhere ... and is taking her 'some place safe for now'? Do you have ANY idea what's going on?"

And then another scene of Patruck and Sam discussing that, where Patrick says he still cares for Robin and is now worried. And Sam makes a thinking-really-hard face ... Like she might actually figure something out soon.

Anything to give viewers a reason to hang in there.

• Love 3

I'm not sure what happened after Wolf was fired, but wasn't Ron able to come in and fix the part about Robin actually being killed? So I don't know why the new folks, can't do the same. Or maybe I'm wrong about how the writing for Robin was changed.

As for Patrick, well.  I know that Carlivati had selective memory, but Jason "dying" and finding Robin so close to home, was, at least, that's how it came to off to me, as the reason that Patrick finally filed for divorce or handed the papers to Robin.

So, he's perfectly fine living and fucking the wife of another man, who is alive and living in the same town. Just like Liz is perfectly fine fucking and mostly living with the husband of another woman, who is also still alive.

Maybe if I wasn't still dealing with health issues, I could get more outraged or throw a rant. But, I just don't have the energy.

I'm not sure what happened after Wolf was fired, but wasn't Ron able to come in and fix the part about Robin actually being killed? So I don't know why the new folks, can't do the same. Or maybe I'm wrong about how the writing for Robin was changed.

Yeah, but that was Wolf's plan. The scripts weren't actually written yet.

So what have the writers been doing in the two weeks since Ron was fired? Are they continuing to shoot Ron scripts?

Yes, they're still shooting Ron scripts. 

I don't want Rebecca Budig to be Emily.  Nor do I want Niz reunited.

Know why?

Because that means, even if the Jake(son) secret comes out and Nikolas loses everything, he still wins.  And that doesn't work for me.

not if she doesn't take him back though! Maybe she and Lucky can be having an affair.

• Love 1

Yeah, but that was Wolf's plan. The scripts weren't actually written yet.

Oh, okay. But, weren't there statements from the actors that this would happen? Or maybe it was just fan speculation, when it was announced that first Finola and then Tristan were scheduled to appear, since we all knew that Kimberly was leaving?

I think people expecting the new writers to immediately address and fix the Robin problem are setting themselves up for disappointment.

I expect it to be resolved by the end of the year. Every viewer has their "I'm over it" point. That would officially be mine.

• Love 1

I think people expecting the new writers to immediately address and fix the Robin problem are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Oh, I expect nothing. But they should, and it wouldn't even be that hard to do (as I've illustrated above). But they won't.

Of course, if Jakeson isn't wrapping up soon, and I assume we are stuck with Franco and Nina, and the mob focus is here to stay ... what exactly is going to change?

• Love 2

Oh, I expect nothing. But they should, and it wouldn't even be that hard to do (as I've illustrated above). But they won't.

Of course, if Jakeson isn't wrapping up soon, and I assume we are stuck with Franco and Nina, and the mob focus is here to stay ... what exactly is going to change?

Franco and Nina will get to be in even longer scenes!

Also, according to someone on Twitter who went to a GH event, Frank said that Robin would be back but KMc is busy. Just...LOL. It's amazing to me how he's so willing to basically tell the fans it's her fault a story that they constructed won't be resolved.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

Franco and Nina will get to be in even longer scenes!

Also, according to someone on Twitter who went to a GH event, Frank said that Robin would be back but KMc is busy. Just...LOL. It's amazing to me how he's so willing to basically tell the fans it's her fault a story that they constructed won't be resolved.

Yeah, no shit, buddy. You knew she wasn't available, so why did you allow Ron to write the character into offscreen purgatory that you now can't / won't find a way to fix?

They simply want to drag out the Jason reveal. Which at this point has lost its dramatic punch and the story is a giant mess. Want to boost ratings? Wrap the story up now and move on to the fallout. The spoilers indicate they will continue to let it crawl along, though.

• Love 2
Patrick and Sam aren't being written as perfect, they've been gutted.

There's no there, there. No conflict, no chem, no sign of their personalities.

This is me, too. I find them both so passive in their relationship. Sam can't keep yapping about Jason/Jakeson, and Patrick listens with no expression on his face. Doesn't he get tired of hearing "Jason, Jason, Jason!" all day?

Tyler is Pro Niz. He agreed that he doesn't know why they dropped them. I also told him that they need to revisit Aiden's paternity.

Please, please, please NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO.

Said RC was really accurate about how Nik felt - getting crapped on by Britt which led him to want to reclaim his power.

So it's basically Nik throwing a temper tantrum because his terrible taste in women backfires yet again? Alrighty then.

I mentioned this earlier, but I think the flashbacks we're seeing now—the endless Nina/Franco discussions about Silas, not the who-killed-Silas suspect ones—are how Frank is treading water before the new material gets into the show. I think they did that when Ron  and Frank first came to the show. Ron could tweak a scene here and there if it was being filmed, but any substantive changes had to wait until his scripts became regular.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

Yeah, no shit, buddy. You knew she wasn't available, so why did you allow Ron to write the character into offscreen purgatory that you now can't / won't find a way to fix?

They simply want to drag out the Jason reveal. Which at this point has lost its dramatic punch and the story is a giant mess. Want to boost ratings? Wrap the story up now and move on to the fallout. The spoilers indicate they will continue to let it crawl along, though.

Oh, the reveal is coming. That's happening in Oct or Nov, for sure. No one is going to care about the Robin factor, though. And Frank has his "Blame Kimberly" hat on.

• Love 1

Keep blaming KMc asswipe. IMO, it just makes FV look more like an idiot. I'm happy KMc is busy and being successful at directing. I don't blame her but I do blame the writer and producer.

I'm a 30 year viewer and I'm watching 1-2 shows a month because this show is full of shit lately. Nothing that are saying or spoiler in interests me outside of Brad. Half the time I'm havingoing to figure out why "x" character is even important to GH hI story or fabric.

• Love 3

Keep blaming KMc asswipe. IMO, it just makes FV look more like an idiot. I'm happy KMc is busy and being successful at directing. I don't blame her but I do blame the writer and producer.

I'm a 30 year viewer and I'm watching 1-2 shows a month because this show is full of shit lately. Nothing that are saying or spoiler in interests me outside of Brad. Half the time I'm havingoing to figure out why "x" character is even important to GH hI story or fabric.

It makes me laugh because it's like, dude, YOU'RE in power! If you think Robin is important, recast the role. I mean, it will fail like the rest of the show, but stop pretending like Kimberly is the decision maker here!

• Love 3

It makes me laugh because it's like, dude, YOU'RE in power! If you think Robin is important, recast the role. I mean, it will fail like the rest of the show, but stop pretending like Kimberly is the decision maker here!

But as I and many, many others have pointed out here, they don't need Kimberly to resolve her capacity or wait for Jasus' identity reveal.  

Depending on who hasn't met their minimum for the week/month/whatever, you have a scene where for example Patrick tells Alexis that he got a phone call from Anna and she is with Robert and Robin in Paris and everything is fine and she will explain later.  Then when Fin is back we get a few scenes of her on the phone with Robert talking about Robin having amnesia, but she can continue to tell everyone that is everything is fine.     

Just end the sadistic and endless captivity of a woman, mother, doctor and shows quintessential heroine!

• Love 2

Please, please, please NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO.

I dunno why the show - or fans of that pairing, too - seem to insist Nikolas and Liz had some fairy tale romance.  It was a dirty, sleazy affair they had that they both regretted.

I couldn't take if it the show decided to turn on the Niz merry-go-round again.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

What other options are they going to have though? I mean, Nik will sleep with anything that moves. But Jason is not going to want anything to do with Liz. I'd be shocked if she didn't go back to Nik.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2

You're not wrong, but like I said earlier, them getting together would ensure Nikolas wins even if he loses and I want him to lose HARD.

I hope Liz turns her back on him, he got the ball rolling on this whole mess in the first place.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I dunno why the show - or fans of that pairing, too - seem to insist Nikolas and Liz had some fairy tale romance. It was a dirty, sleazy affair they had that they both regretted.

I couldn't take if it the show decided to turn on the Niz merry-go-round again.

I think when actors have chemistry, a lot of fans don't care about the story. They kinda fanwank it to their liking. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

What other options are they going to have though? I mean, Nik will sleep with anything that moves. But Jason is going to want anything to do with Liz. I'd be shocked if she didn't go back to Nik.

I can see TIIC putting the two scorned people - Liz and Patrick - together. And then I'd have to spork out my eyes. The very thought makes me nauseous.

• Love 2

Patrick and Sam aren't being written as perfect, they've been gutted.

There's no there, there. No conflict, no chem, no sign of their personalities.

I agree. People talk about Patrick being a pod person but so is Sam. She no longer has any type of personality and all she does is talk about Jason. Patrick and Sam are both being sacrificed at the alter of this Jakeson shit. 

You're not wrong, but like I said earlier, them getting together would ensure Nikolas wins even if he loses and I want him to lose HARD.

I hope Liz turns her back on him, he got the ball rolling on this whole mess in the first place.

It's too late to get made at Nik now. The time for her to turn her back on him was when she first found out about him keeping Jason's identity a secret. He may have gotten the ball rolling but she went along with his plan without much hesitation. She could have exposed him and she didn't so now she's just as guilty as him.

Serena ‏@StLouisCardsGal 7s7 seconds ago

@ghaccount He doesn't think Nik will apologize to Sam. He doesn't think Nik did anything wrong. He doesn't think #GH will fix them.

In regards to Alexis/Sam and keeping the Jason secret: Doesn't think the writer's will fix it. This is a Cassadine family. At some point you have to not apologize for what you are. He's not going to go around and feel bad. He is ruthless and that's who he is.

His thoughts on dark Nik: Called Nik a pushover and soft before, likes that he's dark now - however he won't ever cross some lines, but he'll skirt around them. Won't compromise his relationship with his mother or put Liz in harms way. Won't be a typical soap villain. There's reasons behind his actions.

On shooting Hayden: "Nobody cares about her!"  He did clarify that people WILL care about her, but at the time, they didn't. It was somebody he didn't care about. That being said, it was a big step - but his justification was spot on. Said RC was really accurate about how Nik felt - getting crapped on by Britt which led him to want to reclaim his power.

What the fuck is TC talking about? Why is he defending Ron's shit writing? Nik's motivations are paper thin at best, make no sense, and make Nik seem like a heartless backstabbing asshole. Nik has never been an unapologetic Cassadine. And why is he so eager for Nik to get back with Lucky's ex? That pairing is nasty and makes both him and Liz look like trash. 

I can see TIIC putting the two scorned people - Liz and Patrick - together. And then I'd have to spork out my eyes. The very thought makes me nauseous.

Liez needs to sit her ass on a therapist's sofa and not on another dick. 

• Love 6

It's too late to get made at Nik now. The time for her to turn her back on him was when she first found out about him keeping Jason's identity a secret. He may have gotten the ball rolling but she went along with his plan without much hesitation. She could have exposed him and she didn't so now she's just as guilty as him.

Oh, she's definitely just as guilty as him.  But distancing herself from him in the aftermath would be a smarter move than hopping on his scepter, especially if she wants to score points with any of the people who are going to hate her. 

• Love 1

https://instagram.com/p/6HAClzHhXU/?taken-by=lwjw

Laura Wright took a picture of herself and Kirsten Storms on the police set

Another report about Fanclub Weekend:

Frank Valentini said Jason's response to Liz's lies will be explosive. Some fans worried that Niz's lies will be whitewashed and he said it would be impossible and they will have to face the music. Makes sense. Aparently TC said BH find this story dufficult and he hopes with the reveal she will find some reprieve. Sounds like the end is near. Apparently RC had planned to drag it out for a year and a half!!!! :(

As much as I hate Liz right now, Jolly NuJason gritting his teeth and reaming her out annoys me. bleh.

Edited by ulkis

And I'm very close to being done with this show. I thought that Frank and the show account were trolling, but all this pimping Sonny stuff and Sonny/Carly having the baby is all true. Just confirmed that they are not changing the paternity. And the Corinthos family will be (vomit) front and center.

• Love 3

And I'm very close to being done with this show. I thought that Frank and the show account were trolling, but all this pimping Sonny stuff and Sonny/Carly having the baby is all true. Just confirmed that they are not changing the paternity. And the Corinthos family will be (vomit) front and center.

Is it wrong that I'm hoping for cancellation? :/ Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

He did confirm it? eeeew. Sonny having a baby with his son's ex, it being child #5 at age 50something, and her being younger than his grandson just makes him look like a giant fuckin' skeeve.

• Love 6

Apparently RC had planned to drag it out for a year and a half!!!! :(

I heard TWO YEARS!!!!

He did confirm it? eeeew. Sonny having a baby with his son's ex, it being child #5 at age 50something, and her being younger than his grandson just makes him look like a giant fuckin' skeeve.

SID Richard said that Frank told BC that. Or, what TeeVee just posted.

Edited by tvgoddess

Oh fucking hell... [Corinthos family continues to cannibalize GH]

And this is different from any other fucking year...why, exactly?

Is it wrong that I'm hoping for cancellation? :/

Welcome to my world. I've been wishing for it for around three years now.

• Love 1

It was different, at least initially, when Ron came on board.  For all his faults, he finally broke up the Sonny/Carly/Jason stranglehold on this show.

But I fuckin' knew this was how they'd try to fix things and my fear only grew when they announced Kristina was coming back.

So much for "80s adventure and romance", huh, Vicki Dummer?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6