Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Santa Knows

• Start Topic

I love how they forgot about Donna's birthday and how Nat avoids his family on Christmas Eve.

The only good (if you can say good) thing left of this show is the interaction between Valerie and David. Guess that's it.

• Love 1

How many episodes are there of this show?? How did it last so long?! I don't even want to google it. I'm so lucky I stopped watching when Brenda left. 

Let me guess regarding Brandon's infidelity: They're going to blame it on Emma...cuz Brandon didn't REALLY want to, right? Ughhhhhh. 

• Love 2

So awful listening to that lady talk to Kelly about her sexual harassment case. I know this show sucks and all, but this is one thing that actually accurately reflects the times. So hard to believe we are just getting around to addressing this as a people now in 2017-2018.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TimeyWimey52 said:

How many episodes are there of this show?? How did it last so long?! I don't even want to google it. I'm so lucky I stopped watching when Brenda left. 

Let me guess regarding Brandon's infidelity: They're going to blame it on Emma...cuz Brandon didn't REALLY want to, right? Ughhhhhh. 

He was just being nice so she didn't feel bad about being rejected! It's Kelly that is being so unreasonable about not taking him back immediately after he cheated, lied, blamed Steve and made a fool out of Kelly!

• Love 1

Why is Kelly so dowdy now? She used to be so cool, amongst this group of dorks, anyway. Now she is always in a robe or reading in bed, just like 22 year olds always do. Remember just a few months ago when she wasn't ready to have Brandon's baby? Seems like a baby actually would not have changed much at all about her current life. Except it would be her babydaddy cheating on her, instead of just her dumb boyfriend.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, KateeBar said:

There's a lot wrong in this picture show but...what is Mrs. Ben's Mom wearing on her feet?!? It looks she shoved them into footballs. 

haha I DID NOTICE THAT TOO! They look like Minnie Mouse shoes.

• Love 1

Ugh!  So many things that I really don't like.  

1. Christmas crap.  I think this may be a result of the Hallmark/Lifetime network but there seems to be this thing where believing in "the magic of Christmas" somehow is a character strength.  Listen, people celebrate holidays differently.  Some may actually look at Christmas as (shocker) a religious holiday vs the commercial crap fest that Donna's parents did.  I have a kid born around Christmas so I can see that maybe the Martins made the holiday extra special because of that.  Though I'd imagine Donna would have been an early adopter of the "half birthday".  Either way, just because Noah doesn't celebrate doesn't mean he's not a good person (he isn't, but still).

2.  Do you think that Kelly's vibe of "maybe cheating is ok if it means you find your soul mate" is a call-back to her past?  She was the Emma after all (excusing it as the fact that she and Dylan belonged together) and she cheated on Brandon the same way.  She almost cheated on Collin too.  If the show were better this would be discussed... maybe Brandon having residual anger issues about this or feeling like they were getting too serious too fast.  But no, the show is just dumb.  And why can't a women just want sex (not with Brandon) and be ok with it after?  Val and Emma are always written as offering "no strings" and then turning nuts.

3. David the savior.  Seriously?! This guy has never shown any interest in anything except for squashing racism.  

• Love 5
16 hours ago, MCMLXXVII said:

I like the watch and had a similar women’s one . Haaate the dinner plate strapped to your wrist trend. 

Did you ever read the wrap ups by Danny Drennan?  He used to talk about Brandon's watch a lot... how gigantic it was.  I'll admit I used to wear men's watches... the face was bigger and easier to read.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CurlyATX said:

Did you ever read the wrap ups by Danny Drennan?  He used to talk about Brandon's watch a lot... how gigantic it was.  I'll admit I used to wear men's watches... the face was bigger and easier to read.  

No, I haven’t. I meant the watches of recent years.

You can Brandon’s big watch in the nervous tic gif, but that’s common these days.

Edited by MCMLXXVII
5 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

3. David the savior.  Seriously?! This guy has never shown any interest in anything except for squashing racism.  

To be fair, we don't give him enough credit for ending racism, IMHO.

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Cekrypton1 said:

To be fair, we don't give him enough credit for ending racism, IMHO.

Didn't he end it twice? Electic Slide and Squash It? You're right, I'm totally being a negator.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

THe savior. 

On the other hand he kind of supported racism by producing (or whatever he did) for that antisemite band, so he was his own negator.

There's a lot wrong in this picture show but...what is Mrs. Ben's Mom wearing on her feet?!? It looks she shoved them into footballs. 

https://i.imgur.com/hmiwKaY.gif