Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: The Capricorn Killer

paigow
  • Start Topic

Liz investigates new details in a cold case from her early work as a profiler; she explores her darker impulses in therapy; the team tries to take down Tom's killers within the legal system; Red takes a different approach to closing in on Ian Garvey.

Red was tracking someone only 1/12 of the Zodiac Killer???? Hardly seems worth it.... But if the Kings of Leon Highway made it, anybody can....

• Love 1

So, not so much the Capricorn Killer .... as it was the 'Capricorn Killer' Killer ???  So based on the evidence they found at that house, did they round up a bunch of other unsolved serial killers -- because it looked like they had a bunch of them lined up.

Lizzie is just so bad at her job -- she some how managed to not notice the suspect walk up to her car.  FFS !!

Lizzie's shrink is the real killer. That barely registered as surprising.  Yawn !!!

And Lizzie got her badge back. Whatever.

Still no sign of the dogs.

• Love 2

I wasn't paying attention, although I too also remarked aloud that the psychiatrist was in on it - but I can't figure out what "it" is. The whole scene in the cabin where the guy was in the closet - what happened there, exactly? 

I can't stand Garvey and hope that at some point, Red does get to kill him.

Has there ever, in the history of TV and the movies, been a successful transport of an essential witness from point A to point B? Didn't think so. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Biggie B said:

Has there ever, in the history of TV and the movies, been a successful transport of an essential witness from point A to point B? Didn't think so. 

HA!  What could go wrong with one SUV with just Aram and two FBI red shirts protecting him? 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TheGreenWave said:

HA!  What could go wrong with one SUV with just Aram and two FBI red shirts protecting him? 

Exactly, they were just asking to be hi-jacked.

I'm not surprised either about Liz's shrink being serial-killer adjacent (a little disappointed but not surprised).

For goodness sake, when will Garvey be taken out so Liz can stop her whining?  Gah!

She has her badge back...oh goody because who didn't see that coming?

Waiting for Red to cover his butt after all is said and done with Garvey and the bones.  Will Liz be the last to know?

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 3

Man, I wish in my job that when my boss gives me a new assignment, I could say, “Pass” because I had something else I wanted to do. Good thing Lizzie had a connection to this one.

Lizzie “obsesses over the need for justice?” When did that start? She was about to pass on an opportunity to pursue justice. She works with a man who has killed many people... all of which were justice, Lizzie? This seems kind of inconsistent.

And I’m only 15 minutes in. 

• Love 1
On 3/14/2018 at 7:37 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

So, if Red is the Concierge of Crime, does that make Liz the sommelier or something like that ?

Is she the Maitre d' of Murder? 

I have an idea, FBI.  The suspect runs out the back door and into the snow.  Her feet sink into the snow as she runs through the woods.  What clue could you maybe use to track her movements?  C'mon, people.  Anyone?

Well, at least we're back in the top 20 of Blacklisters.

3 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Is she the Maitre d' of Murder? 

I have an idea, FBI.  The suspect runs out the back door and into the snow.  Her feet sink into the snow as she runs through the woods.  What clue could you maybe use to track her movements?  C'mon, people.  Anyone?

Well, at least we're back in the top 20 of Blacklisters.

But considering that this so-called Blacklister (the Capricorn Killer) was barely even mentioned after the halfway point of the episode makes this ranking of #19 particularly meaningless.

• Love 1

Liz's psychiatrist is an interesting character but having her on screen means more focus on Liz which I'd rather not have.

Wish Red would hurry up and get the bones back.

• Love 1

Agent Ressler's foot chasing skill is atrocious! First, he loses the guy in the streets after a brief chase and second, he was the first to go after Dr. Fulton and Liz caught up to her first after giving him a 30 second head start.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
On March 15, 2018 at 1:57 PM, TheGreenWave said:

Since Aram got a good look at one of those guys, he's probably going to be the one that figures out Red's link to the hijacking.

3 hours ago, Neiman said:

Nooooooooo!  I can't see Red killing off Aram.  Once Aram knows that guy is safe, he'll back off...hopefully.

I could see Ian Garvey killing Aram though -- just because Aram stood up to him.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
On 3/14/2018 at 10:28 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Half way through I called the Shrink being the killer.  Kinda right.  Mostly right.  Really like the idea of Elizabeth building her own network of Sketch.

I'd seen Martha Plimpton in the Law and Order episode Blind Spot, so I called it too. She's really creepy in that episode, which also involves a serial killer from the past.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I could see Ian Garvey killing Aram though -- just because Aram stood up to him.

I would hope that Reddington's threat/promise to Garvey would extend from Liz to anyone on Team Post Office, at least for the moment.

I know a lot of people don’t like Liz or Megan Boone but I would watch a series of her build up a teem if shady semi legit profilers on a quest for revenge/justice.  I honestly think that is where the character and actor is at her best when she is sketchy just shy of outright criminal.

• Love 1

This show is like a roller coaster for me.  I'm interested....then I start losing interest...then I get interested again...then they take a week (or more) off. UGH!  No show this week!  ? 

It's as if they want to drive viewers away.

• Love 1