Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Pattie Sue Edwards

• Start Topic

Liz works a new angle in tracking Tom's killers; Red looks to find a creative solution to a tax issue in his money laundering operation; the team investigates a mysterious woman behind a deadly viral outbreak.

(edited)

So let me get this straight -- a soldier is killed in Syria by his buddies and then they frame the dead soldier for the theft of some opium and the dead soldier's wife, who just so happens to be a viral development whiz and a computer whiz so much so that she embeds computer code in a strand of RNA and then causes a viral outbreak so that the RNA can be analyzed by the CDC so that the embedded computer code could be released in order to search connected military networks for a specific DNA profile so that she could identify her husband's killer, and then she proceeds to infect the soldier that killed her husband in order to extract a confession out of him to prove her husband was innocent.

Give me a break, that is just ridiculous. 

And all that had nothing to do with the B and C plots of Red's side business getting audited by the IRS and O.J. ..... err, I mean Lizzie still looking for the real killers of Tom.

Singleton may have been a good cop, but he's dead now so it's a moot point.  

Red was just plain boring this episode.  And Lizzie was just there.  But on the bright side she did identify Ian Garvey as Tom's killer, so she's got that going for her.

At least Aram got out of the Post Office and did some field work in NYC.  Through they never did explain how Aram got out of the server farm with only minutes left on his air tank without getting infected.

9 hours ago, Biggie B said:

What was tucked into the flag the soldier gave Pattie Sue Edwards in the cemetery? 

It looked like 3 bullets.

Still no sign of Lizzie's dogs.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 6

So, the IRS agent with the kid gets moved off the case, and Red retracts his offer to get the kid into Davenport.  Is he still on the hook for the locker rooms, and does he retain ownership of the land parcel intended for the school? 

It would have made just a teeny more sense to send Aram into the hot zone with more than 9 minutes of air, since he had to walk about a half a mile, first. There's these things called SCBAs, from what I hear, but what do I know.

Lizzie blew it at the end (something new and different!).  She shouldn't have told Cooper about Garvey's identity.  Walk away, call Reddington, and maybe his in-house arsonist, and deal with it.

How did Edwards get to be on the Blacklist if she had apparently never done anything criminal before?  And, after she infected the SEAL, she was continually inhaling the antidote until it was destroyed, whereupon she became infected, implying that the virus is airborne and virulent.  Yet the cops move in on both of them at the bridge without any protective gear whatsoever.  Okay, if you say so.

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

How did Edwards get to be on the Blacklist if she had apparently never done anything criminal before?  

That is the bigger question.   #68, really ?

When Lizzie and Singleton were on the stakeout, the guy they were stalking could probably see them standing in the window of the house they were in -- Lizzie was probably less than 50 feet from him with a parabolic microphone pointed directly at the dude, but he was apparently oblivious.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

@ottoDbusdriver and @Dowel Jones - agree!!. She's a Blacklister? Come on. The IRS/private school shenanigans? Boring. And Singleton drops a bombshell about Navarro to Ian Garvey (who, in my opinion, is super scary) and he only sends one guy to check out the safe house and has no one tail Singleton? I find that hard to believe since he seems to be one step ahead of everyone else at any time. 

Also, what was the point of having that weird scene with Aram and his weird smile at Keen?  I don't get why they make him out to be so odd sometimes....

• Love 4

Y'all have hit the incredulous high points of this episode, so I'll just mention one thing that I liked. Harold and the team basically now just accept Red's criminal actions. He breaks into a cop's house and holds him at gunpoint. Yawn. If the cop cooperates, they say that Red probably won't do it again. It's like, ever since Harold and Ressler exchanged resignation letters, they've decided that they're all going down anyway, so there's no longer a reason to even put a fig leaf on telling Red to cool the criminal activity. I expect this to last until Lizzie is named head of the FBI and blackmails the A.G. and President to pardon the Post Office team. Symmetry and all that.

• Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Still no sign of Lizzie's dogs.

Those are their bodies Red is keeping in the cooler in case he has to burn down the grooming business after all.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

I expect this to last until Lizzie is named head of the FBI and blackmails the A.G. and President to pardon the Post Office team. Symmetry and all that.

You left off being the first female president of the U.S.  It's sure to come when the show ends and they flash forward 20 years into the future.

Edited by ally
  • Love 3
(edited)

Well thank goodness this "who killed Tom" story-line is coming to an end (please tell me it's coming to an end.  I can't take it much longer...).

Anyhoo, so Singleton knows somebody on his task force is the bad guy and he ignores Liz's practical warning and waltzes down to the office anyway?  Stupid, stupid and more stupid.  No surprise he turns up dead.  But at least now Liz knows that Garvey is the murderer.  What will Red do since based on the promo next week, Liz still has her doubts about Red's real interest in finding Tom's killer.

The blacklister, yeah, I figure they just randomly give out numbers now so I wouldn't actually look for any logic in that.  Or yes, the whole airborne virus thing but heck it's okay since the CDC has the antidote for everyone and all.  As for the bullets given to Edwards, unless she was expected to get lose and grab the gun of one of the marshals and blow her brains out, I didn't get that either.  Did they contain cyanide or perhaps they were the bullets pulled from her dead husband or just some weird thing one military member does for another military member??

As for the Aram being goofy, yeah, the show just seems to like making him goofy.  And since I still thought it was stupid of Liz to bring Singleton to her place of business, Cooper and Ressler's meh attitude about Red breaking into the guy's house was just more of the same.  Red and his tax issues, whatever.  Wouldn't a so-called master criminal have figured their way around that since Al Capone times?  I mean really, this is still an issue?

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 2

On 2/28/2018 AT 1:04 AM VINCEW SAID:

After both of them were on edge with each other at work for most of last season, their interaction now is pretty nonsensical.  Can the writers give viewers just one scene with them together away from the workplace chaos acting as a real couple? 

The romance continues in the workplace. Samar kisses henpecked Aram while he is wearing a hazmat suit. Just a subtle reminder that our couple is so much in love now.

• Love 1
On 3/8/2018 at 3:50 PM, milkyaqua said:

As for the Aram being goofy, yeah, the show just seems to like making him goofy. 

On 3/8/2018 at 5:00 PM, VinceW said:

After both of them were on edge with each other at work for most of last season, their interaction now is pretty nonsensical.  Can the writers give viewers just one scene with them together away from the workplace chaos acting as a real couple? 

The romance continues in the workplace. Samar kisses henpecked Aram while he is wearing a hazmat suit. Just a subtle reminder that our couple is so much in love now.

Love goofy Aram and lovestruck Samar. They're cute together, and it's not over the top so I'm fine with it. 

If Liz knew Damascus was a “dirty cop”and knew what he looked like, why wasn’t she looking at pictures of the members of Singleton’s task force?  And why does this show have so many damn task forces?

Edited by Johnny Dollar
  • Love 2
On 23/3/2018 at 12:08 PM, Johnny Dollar said:

If Liz knew Damascus was a “dirty cop”and knew what he looked like, why wasn’t she looking at pictures of the members of Singleton’s task force?  And why does this show have so many damn task forces?

I thought it was his voice that she recognized not his face.