Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Mr. Raleigh Sinclair III

• Start Topic

Episode Description:

Red assists the Task Force in tracking a mysterious Blacklister who carefully develops airtight alibis for murderous clients. Meanwhile, Liz's reinstatement at the FBI hinges on an evaluation with a psychotherapist.

(edited)

What .... the hell ... was that ?   What a waste of John Noble and Martha Plimpton !!  In the same episode, no less.

How come Lizzie's trials to come back to the FBI this time are more difficult this time than, oh say, the time she got her pardon and she went right back to work.

The murderous husband was so comically bad when trying to kill his wife in that parking garage -- did this particular garage not have video cameras ?  Because I find that hard to believe in this day and age.

And the Blacklister (#51 ?? Really ?) is found WAY TOO easily.    He made no effort to cover his own tracks, they got him from his EZPass registration.

And Lizzie is such an idiot she invites the crooked cop who works for another crooked cop right into the Post Office.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5

The one she invited in isn't a crooked cop.  The big guy with glasses is the crooked cop and the others who are working with him didn't know he's crooked.  Seems they're being use by him to get to Reddington.

Love one of Red's initial lines about therapy helping him become a totally different person.  Then he gets the Blacklister who can make dopplegangers.  Will Red try to change his appearance?  

The one she invited in isn't a crooked cop.  The big guy with glasses is the crooked cop and the others who are working with him didn't know he's crooked.  Seems they're being use by him to get to Reddington.

Love one of Red's initial lines about therapy helping him become a totally different person.  Then he gets the Blacklister who can make dopplegangers.  Will Red try to change his appearance?  

That guy spent all that time planning the murder then got all Chatty Cathy.  That was pretty lame.

20 minutes ago, Neiman said:

That guy spent all that time planning the murder then got all Chatty Cathy.  That was pretty lame.

I figured for sure that Singleton was crooked since he broke into Lizzie's apartment.   That's not something that good cops do.

• Love 2

This show is sill but fun.  I was laughing at one point that we might of had black ops vs black ops on our hand and was kinda disappointed that we didn’t.  That would have been fun.  Then again it’s always a good time when dirty cops come after our Lizzie.   

I did enjoy the therapy scenes though.  Probably a lot more then the blacklisted which is a shame.  John Noble is awesome.

It took me a while to get past John Noble being in this episode. I kept expecting him to call up Moloch to kill Lizzie/Reddington. Now that I think about it, that would have made for a more interesting show.

Lizzie in therapy ... what a laugh. I'd give her a big red check mark "Not Fit For Duty -- Of Any Kind" on my report if I were the doctor. And now after all these years of Who's Your Daddy, she's all Daddy's Girl? Please.

The guy trying to kill his wife in the parking garage ... yeah, those places are full of CC. And he obviously doesn't watch much tv or he would know you need to shoot someone right away and stop with the soliloquies beforehand. You can talk to the body when it's dead. I thought it would make for great fun if, when the wife spotted the gun, she reached in her pocket and pulled out pepper spray and let the guy have it right in his eyes.

Now THAT would have been a good show.

• Love 6

Typical TV trope, killer talks and talks before actually killing the intended victim and then gets caught.  Yawn.

Always good to see John Noble.

Lizzie in therapy...okay, yeah, sure show, whatever.  Always nice to see Martha Plimpton.

So Ian Garvey is a dirty cop but the other cops/law people in his little group including Singleton aren't?  Interesting.  He's just using them to get to Reddington.

And yes, bringing Mr. Cop to the Post Office is a typical bone-headed Lizzie move but anything to find out who killed Tom.  Ugh!  Make it stop and hurry up and wrap this story-line up already show.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

It took me a while to get past John Noble being in this episode. I kept expecting him to call up Moloch to kill Lizzie/Reddington. Now that I think about it, that would have made for a more interesting show.

I never did.  The entire episode I kept waiting for him to shout about Crane and/or Abby.

• Love 1

Liz's hair continues to look better with each episode this season. 

I'm glad Singleton isn't a crooked cop - I kind of like him.

Was Red's cook named Paris? That's what it sounded like.

• Love 1

I really can't stand Martha Plimpton, so I ff'ed all the therapy scenes.  The doppelganger angle was somewhat interesting, though.  I am kind of over John Noble after his run on Sleepy Hollow, but he was tolerable here.   Very surprised Red let him get away.

On 2/28/2018 at 10:24 PM, Neiman said:

Then he gets the Blacklister who can make dopplegangers. 

Series Finale Cliffhanger: Ressler kills Red outside White House....Marvel Style End Credits...Red & Lizzie in non extradition island paradise reading Washington Post story about "Dead Red"...

Dude thought he had "Red / Negan" super monologue powers that hypnotize victims into standing still....

• Love 2
5 hours ago, paigow said:

Dude thought he had "Red / Negan" super monologue powers that hypnotize victims into standing still....

LOL. All tv bad guys who plan to kill someone think they have Red/Negan super monologue hypnotizing powers. It's such a pet peeve of mine. But glad to learn it has a name since it's such a "thing."

• Love 2

He spent a year jogging the same route. He should have spent a little time practicing shooting.

On 2/28/2018 at 10:24 PM, Neiman said:

I wouldn't describe Ian Garvey as big. Isn't he actually noticeably shorter than average?

• Love 3
On 3/1/2018 at 7:43 AM, Chaos Theory said:

This show is sill but fun.  I was laughing at one point that we might of had black ops vs black ops on our hand and was kinda disappointed that we didn’t.  That would have been fun.  Then again it’s always a good time when dirty cops come after our Lizzie.   

I did enjoy the therapy scenes though.  Probably a lot more then the blacklisted which is a shame.  John Noble is awesome.

I must be one of the few who does not like John Noble. At least, not the characters he plays -they are usually super creepy weirdos, and not the kind that are fun to watch. Just ones that are super creepy, and weird.

3 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I must be one of the few who does not like John Noble. At least, not the characters he plays -they are usually super creepy weirdos, and not the kind that are fun to watch. Just ones that are super creepy, and weird.

You are likely in the minority. My friends and I always find him a pleasure to watch, especially when he is playing weird and creepy. He was brilliant in Fringe in particular, and demonstrated great range in his acting abilities thanks to the complex character he was given. Some of the characters he plays are bad guys we're not supposed to like, but most seem to enjoy him playing them.

As for this BL episode, major meh, echoing what many have said here. It would be great to rap this arc up and stop centering stories around Lizzie drama. Let the kid and dogs stay MIA, Tom is dead, story is satisfied with her being Red's daughter, and let us get back to focusing on the blacklist and the whole team -- hopefully with some stronger blacklisters.

19 minutes ago, JakersWild said:

You are likely in the minority. My friends and I always find him a pleasure to watch, especially when he is playing weird and creepy. He was brilliant in Fringe in particular, and demonstrated great range in his acting abilities thanks to the complex character he was given. Some of the characters he plays are bad guys we're not supposed to like, but most seem to enjoy him playing them.

As for this BL episode, major meh, echoing what many have said here. It would be great to rap this arc up and stop centering stories around Lizzie drama. Let the kid and dogs stay MIA, Tom is dead, story is satisfied with her being Red's daughter, and let us get back to focusing on the blacklist and the whole team -- hopefully with some stronger blacklisters.

Never saw Fringe, but I loathed his character on Sleepy Hollow. 

I feel for everyone who hates Liz and wants her gone, but at the same time I don't know how there is anyone left who doesn't realize that she is always going to be front and center. This show might as well be called Lizzie's Story because that's pretty much what it is. I've learned to accept it, as long as I get some good Red/Dembe scenes each episode. 

So the marshal is on a Reddington task force or something? Marshals are those who handle witness protection. Hmmm is that how he got sucked into Red's world with a criminal associate testifying or providing information? Could explain what Red wants to do with the Alibi Killer. He could fake his death or that of someone else but who. Was the suitcase somekind of leverage for the marshal?