Type keyword(s) to search

Mom Cast & Crew in Other Projects

Allison Janney was amazing playing Tonya Harding's mom, LaVona.  She deserved every bit of that Oscar.

My husband was abused as a child, and a few times I saw him jumping, and wiping away tears during the heavier abuse scenes.  Completely believable.

Sadie Calvino who played Violet, Christy’s daughter wandered over to 1963 and All Access to play waitress Anne opposite Ginnifer Goodwin and Sam Jaeger on Why Women Kill a Marc Cherry project reminiscent of Desperate Housewives.  

I opted to re-watch Murphy Brown when the beginning came back around on Antenna TV.  It's in the last, horrible season (Season 9), where I had quit watching in the original run (where Murphy has cancer, Lily Tomlin is in full-on annoying mode, and they bring back Doris Dial for 2-3 eps, and it's a horrible actress who looked nothing like the original).

In the ep where she goes to the hospital to have a lump-ectomy, both Wendy (as a pregnant woman in labor) and Steve (I think that's his name - the shady lawyer that Bonnie has a brief relationship with and that Christy does work for - they meet him in AA) were in the episode.  Wendy's appearance was brief, but Steve is in a lot of the ep as a scumbag paparazzi photographer, determined to spread the word about Murphy's health (he doesn't know it's cancer) while she tries to keep it private.  They stage a ruse to confuse him, then Frank punches him and exposes his film.

There was also an appearance by the actress who was Marcy on Benson, and she also appeared in Soap as Bert's secretary (Sally, I think).  She was once married to Michael Keaton, and she passed away a few years ago, from cancer.  Ironic, because she was a cancer victim on this ep too.

Will Sasso, who plays Jill's boyfriend has a new comedy TV Series called “United We Fall” starting Wednesday, July 15th on ABC at 8:00–9:00 p.m.  (the premiere is 2 half-hour episodes)

“United We Fall” stars Will Sasso as Bill Ryan, Christina Vidal Mitchell as Jo Rodriguez, Jane Curtin as Sandy Ryan, Guillermo Diaz as Chuy Rodriguez and Ella Grace Helton as Emily Ryan.

• Useful 1
On 6/30/2020 at 7:16 AM, AnimeMania said:

Will Sasso, who plays Jill's boyfriend has a new comedy TV Series called “United We Fall” starting Wednesday, July 15th on ABC at 8:00–9:00 p.m.  (the premiere is 2 half-hour episodes)

“United We Fall” stars Will Sasso as Bill Ryan, Christina Vidal Mitchell as Jo Rodriguez, Jane Curtin as Sandy Ryan, Guillermo Diaz as Chuy Rodriguez and Ella Grace Helton as Emily Ryan.

Did anyone watch this? I can’t find a thread for it, and I’m not invested enough to start/request one. It wasn’t unwatchable, but nothing that really stood out from the pack. 

• Useful 1
54 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Did anyone watch this? I can’t find a thread for it, and I’m not invested enough to start/request one. It wasn’t unwatchable, but nothing that really stood out from the pack. 

I can start a thread for it. I don't think there were that many viewers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

Did anyone watch this?

Nope; I watched the trailer, and it looked so horribly generic I could not muster up any interest despite the presence of Jane Curtin. 

20 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

The use of the laugh track for the first episode (the pilot) was so annoying I almost switched channels, but I stuck it out and watched the 2nd episode. It was ok, but I didn't see any chemistry between the 2 leads. Not like Jill and Andy! The kids are interesting. Jane Curtin is wasted.

There's another episode tonight (Wednesday); I'll give it one more chance.

• Useful 1

Based on some recommendations over the years, I'm currently watching Justified, and the lawyer Christy worked for (I think? Or Bonnie's lawyer?) was also a lawyer there.  Same ponytail, same general attitude - could be playing the same character.  Maybe he hit it rich and moved from Kentucky to California.  Steve Curtis, I think, but I'm having trouble pinning him down on IMDB - a lot of actors with that name.

29 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Based on some recommendations over the years, I'm currently watching Justified, and the lawyer Christy worked for (I think? Or Bonnie's lawyer?) was also a lawyer there.  Same ponytail, same general attitude - could be playing the same character.  Maybe he hit it rich and moved from Kentucky to California.  Steve Curtis, I think, but I'm having trouble pinning him down on IMDB - a lot of actors with that name.

The actor is Don McManus.

(I "know" him from Any Day Now and The Shawshank Redemption as well as Mom, and he's done one-off guest spots in at least half a dozen other shows I've watched, including a really creepy role in an episode of Cold Case -- he's everywhere!)

• Useful 1
20 minutes ago, Bastet said:

The actor is Don McManus.

(I "know" him from Any Day Now and The Shawshank Redemption as well as Mom, and he's done one-off guest spots in at least half a dozen other shows I've watched, including a really creepy role in an episode of Cold Case -- he's everywhere!)

That sounds right. Not sure exactly how I came up with the other name. 

1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

Twenty-some years late to the game, I'm just now watching The West Wing.  I'm enjoying seeing "Bonnie" taking care of business in the White House

There will be an episode in which Adam appears (as a potential Supreme Court nominee). Unfortunately, I don't think they have scenes together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, illdoc said:

There will be an episode in which Adam appears (as a potential Supreme Court nominee). Unfortunately, I don't think they have scenes together.

Cool.  I'm only through season 1 and I'm trying to stay away from spoilers, but I'll keep an eye out!

4 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Twenty-some years late to the game, I'm just now watching The West Wing. 

Since you've seen season one, you will understand:  "I tell you what, let's forget the fact that you're coming a little late to the party and embrace the fact that you showed up at all."

4 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I'm enjoying seeing "Bonnie" taking care of business in the White House!

And now you'll be able to fully appreciate why Richard Schiff and Allison Janney doing a walk-and-talk in Bonnie's White House fantasy at the end of "Pure Evil and a Free Piece of Cheesecake" is so delightful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I am guessing this thread will be pretty busy soon, but Will Sasso will be in OK Boomer, a new comedy on HBO Max.

Will Sasso, Tim Chiou Among 4 Cast In ‘OK Boomer’ HBO Max Comedy Pilot

Will-Sasso-Tim-Chiou.jpg?w=681&h=383&cro

Will Sasso, Tim Chiou

Zoe-Manarel-Carter-Chee.jpg

Zoe Manarel, Carter Chee

OK Boomer centers on Barbara (Patti LuPone), a self-centered boomer who shows up at her estranged daughter Sarah’s (Erinn Hayes) house hoping to live off the family’s money, but forms an unexpected bond with her progressive granddaughter who’s quick to challenge her on their differing views — of which there are plenty.

Sasso will play Nick, Sarah’s older brother, recently divorced and now living in Sarah’s guest house as he puts his life back together. Unlike Sarah, he’s thrilled by their mother’s return and looks to finally earn her approval.

Chiou will portray Trevor, Sarah’s even-tempered husband who runs his own construction company. He tries to take the eccentricities of his household in stride and ease Sarah’s anxieties when her mother comes back into the fold.

Manarel is Campbell, Sarah’s oldest child, a socially conscious high school freshman who fights for progressive causes, but is not immune to self-doubt and teen angst in her personal life.

Chee plays Jacob, Sarah’s youngest child, a bright, sensitive but anxiety-ridden boy who lets fear dictate his life.

• Love 2
On 4/17/2021 at 10:55 AM, AnimeMania said:

Will Sasso will be in OK Boomer, a new comedy on HBO Max.

OK Boomer centers on Barbara (Patti LuPone), a self-centered boomer who shows up at her estranged daughter Sarah’s (Erinn Hayes) house hoping to live off the family’s money, but forms an unexpected bond with her progressive granddaughter who’s quick to challenge her on their differing views — of which there are plenty.

Sasso will play Nick, Sarah’s older brother, recently divorced and now living in Sarah’s guest house as he puts his life back together. Unlike Sarah, he’s thrilled by their mother’s return and looks to finally earn her approval.

Chiou will portray Trevor, Sarah’s even-tempered husband who runs his own construction company. He tries to take the eccentricities of his household in stride and ease Sarah’s anxieties when her mother comes back into the fold.

Manarel is Campbell, Sarah’s oldest child, a socially conscious high school freshman who fights for progressive causes, but is not immune to self-doubt and teen angst in her personal life.

Chee plays Jacob, Sarah’s youngest child, a bright, sensitive but anxiety-ridden boy who lets fear dictate his life.

I can smell the wokeness from here, although good on Will Sasso for getting another role so quickly after that debacle of a sitcom he was in for all of two seconds.

• Love 1
On 4/17/2021 at 10:55 AM, AnimeMania said:

I am guessing this thread will be pretty busy soon, but Will Sasso will be in OK Boomer, a new comedy on HBO Max.

Will-Sasso-Tim-Chiou.jpg?w=681&h=383&cro

Will Sasso, Tim Chiou

Zoe-Manarel-Carter-Chee.jpg

Zoe Manarel, Carter Chee

This sounds like it's trying way too hard. The only reason I'd take a peek at it is my deep, abiding, unending, everlasting love for Patti LuPone. I've loved her since Evita (yes, I'm that old)😎

• Love 3

William Fichtner 

Deserves all the good things. I remember seeing him first in Drowning Mona a long time ago as Bette Midler's long-suffering husband.

I keep putting West Wing on my list of shows to watch and it keeps getting pushed aside for lighter fare.