So the list is currently as follows:

Episode 501: The Wars to Come

Episode 502: The House of Black and White

Episode 503: High Sparrow

Episode 504: The Sons of the Harpy

• Love 1
(edited)

Summaries from SpoilerTV:

-- Episode #41: “The Wars to Come”: Cersei and Jaime adjust to a world without Tywin. Varys reveals a conspiracy to Tyrion. Dany faces a new threat to her rule. Jon is caught between two kings. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Michael Slovis.)

-- Episode #42: “The House of Black and White”: Arya arrives in Braavos. Pod and Brienne run into trouble on the road. Cersei fears for her daughter’s safety in Dorne as Ellaria Sand seeks revenge for Oberyn’s death. Stannis tempts Jon. An adviser tempts Dany. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Michael Slovis.)

-- Episode #43: “High Sparrow”: In Braavos, Arya sees the Many-Faced God. In King’s Landing, Queen Margaery enjoys her new husband. Tyrion and Varys walk the Long Bridge of Volantis. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Mark Mylod.)

Edited by ElizaD

These caused me odd thoughts, mostly because they are vague and nothing that's not yet spoiled.

So...a world without Tywin? You mean a world without that mean ass bastard that was holding the realm together and covering for your stupidity, Cersei. Jaime has been without Tywin for so long, what does it matter?

I'm thinking Jon is singing Torn Between Two Lovers.  Yeah, I went there.

Pod and Brienne meeting trouble on the road.  This is really the only unanticipated one for me.  Can they possibly meet Sansa that early?

...Are Margaery and Tommen gonna bang?

I just hope D and D realize that a lot less happens in King's Landing at this point in the story.  Sometimes they've shown too much of a fetish for the King's Landing stuff.

• Love 1
Jaime has been without Tywin for so long, what does it matter?

I think for Jaime it's more about dealing with the fact that he partly caused Tywin's death. Also since Tywin was the de facto ruler Jaime as kingsguard will have some adjusting to do.

I really like the Kings Landing setting, I see why the showrunners have gravitated towards it.  But other than Jon Snow's turn, aren't the "Queen Trials" the most game changing event to happen in this part of the story?   Everyone else The Martells, Baelish and Sansa, The Northern Lords are all gearing up to make their plays at power, while for House Lannister, House Tyrell and Dany, we are seeing the results of their power plays.

• Love 2

New trailer is up.

Brienne in the snow.

Jon on a boat.

Jaime in Dorne.

Dany making pronouncements.

Tyrion on a boat seeing a dragon (and are his eyes green there?)

Ramsay having sex.  (Ew.)

Dragon flying away.

• Love 1

I'm geeking out right now! I've only seen it twice but I think Jaime was shown fighting with a sword? This makes me absurdly happy, i know he won't ever be a great fighter like he was but I'd love for him to become more than capable and still have some fighting left in him.

Other stuff:

Seylse looks like she's witnessing some serious shit. That might be one of the most intriguing images. What are the possibilities? 

Seeing Brienne in the snow made me gasp. No idea what to make of it.

Tommen is getting being blocked by the Sparrows? 

Is Ellaria Sand going to be a warrior? 

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm happy to see Jaime fighting (or trying to fight) with a sword.  It is mentioned in AFFC that he is starting to become good fighting with his left hand but it would take another year of training for him to really good.

• Love 1

I've never been fond of the speculation that Jaime would learn to fight again. His karmic punishment for crippling a child so that Bran will always need help simply to get from place to place in his own home and has possibly become incapable of fathering children was to... lose a hand when he's already fathered children and had years in which to build his reputation as a great knight (which he is still able to use to intimidate others into doing what he wants). That's a mild inconvenience compared to how Bran's entire life was changed, and if Jaime becomes a good fighter with his left hand, even that little bit of karmic punishment is removed so that he'll have gotten away with no personal consequences for attempted murder and his total lack of remorse or empathy for the child he crippled. In ASOIAF his role seems to be moving away from direct battles, but since GOT is more about action I expect Show Jaime will be a better fighter than Book Jaime. I hope they'll at least be realistic enough to have the Sand Snake winning before they're interrupted.

That shot of Ellaria looked like she was being arrested or halted by guards.

No idea about Selyse, but I'd guess it's either very early (Melisandre burns someone?) or very late (5x09, 5x10 chaos of some sort).

The older Show Tommen might try to visit Cersei before the walk. Knowing that he was denied might convince her to agree to it.

The next 3 episode titles have been released and are:

Episode 5: Kill The Boy

Episode 6: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

Episode 7: The Gift

To summarise, so far we know the following titles for S5:

Episode 501: The Wars To Come
Episode 502: The House Of Black And White
Episode 503: High Sparrow
Episode 504: The Sons Of The Harpy

Episode 505: Kill The Boy
Episode 506: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
Episode 507: The Gift

Three more to go!

• Love 2

Ok I've read the books and I'm not sure what Kill the Boy refers to - I have one idea, but it doesn't gel with the books since they only recently mentioned the boy I'm thinking of and as far as I know - they are dropping the plot about the other boy I can think of and I can't recall an attempt on Tommen's life.  Someone help even in spoiler tags? :)

Ok I've read the books and I'm not sure what Kill the Boy refers to - I have one idea, but it doesn't gel with the books since they only recently mentioned the boy I'm thinking of and as far as I know - they are dropping the plot about the other boy I can think of and I can't recall an attempt on Tommen's life.  Someone help even in spoiler tags? :)

It's a line Aemon says.

First he tells it to Aegon V

"'Kill the boy within you' I told him the day I took ship for the Wall 'It takes a man to rule. An Aegon not an Egg. Kill the boy and let the man be born"

He then tells it to Jon as his final words to him when they decide it's best for his safety if he leave Castle Black so Stannis and Mel can't get their hands on his King's Blood.

"You are half the age that Egg was, and your own burden is a crueler one, I fear. You will have little joy of your command, but I think you have the strength in you to do the things that must be done. Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born."

This may be the episode Jon sends Sam, Gilly and Aegon to Oldtown. Assuming they keep that storyline.

Edited by Maximum Taco

Ok cool - I had forgotten that line entirely, probably because the actor playing Jon is no boy. 

Can you imagine if the show goes so far as to get Sam and Gilly to Danny this season to tell her about the threat of Whitewalkers?  I would love to see Aemon meet Danny, but I doubt they would change it that much.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 1

Ok cool - I had forgotten that line entirely, probably because the actor playing Jon is no boy. 

Can you imagine if the show goes so far as to get Sam and Gilly to Danny this season to tell her about the threat of Whitewalkers?  I would love to see Aemon meet Danny, but I doubt they would change it that much.

I hope they don't change it.

Aemon's story is one of commitment and tragedy. Him learning of Daenerys is the last test of his vows, and it's tragic and heartbreaking the way he rails against the gods for testing him again when he is at his oldest and feeblest.

• Love 1