Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Live Top 8 Eliminations

• Start Topic

(edited)

I would have been happy if Jake had gone home but I'm not too broken up over losing Sissaundra, Delvin, or Audra so this is a perfectly acceptable outcome. I would have been a little happier if Kat hadn't had to be saved.

Edited by NoNeinNyet

Funny how they all have at least one person left.  I'm surprised Jake is the last person standing on Blake's team.  I would have thought Sissaundra. Kat has never been my cup of tea here, I have consistently found her underwhelming.  I don't think she's bad, but I don't think she's *that* good either.  So I was surprised she was saved.  Again, I thought it would be Sissaundra.  I'm hoping for either Josh or Kristen, but I am worried for a Cristina Grimmie win.

• Love 1

I can live with these eliminations.

Delvin has got an incredible voice, no doubt, but there isn't anything unique or interesting about it.  It's just your run of the mill gospel sounding voice.

Sissaundra I never really warmed up to because her personality always seemed so put on and her vocals were just her screaming into the mic all the time.  She always belted and rarely sang.

The same goes for Audra on both accounts.  She is a belter, not a singer, and her voice isn't unique enough to bring anything new to the music industry.  Having said that, I do think her voice is super gorgeous.  I prefer it to Sissaundra's by a mile.

I think the writing is on the wall for Kat.  Unless she does something truly incredible I think she will be the next to go.

Josh and Grimmie, unless something disasterous happens, will be in the finals.  I just can't decide whether it will be Kristen or Jake who joins them.  Jake has been underwhelming but has a huge fanbase, whereas I thought Kristen would be eliminated week 1 and she's still here.  It's a toss up

I would have been happy if Jake had gone home but I'm not too broken up over losing Sissaundra, Delvin, or Audra so this is a perfectly acceptable outcome. I would have been a little happier if Kat hadn't had to be saved.

I would have swapped out Audra or Sisaundra for him, but the only reason I thought he'd be safe was the country voters are a strong bunch ,they always have been(see:The Swon Bros)

I loved how excited Shakira was when Kristin made it through. I was happy for both of them and glad Kristin got called early cause I could imagine how nervous Shakira would have been if they dragged it out.

I texted my sister earlier and told her I thought the three leaving would be Audra,Delvin and maybe Sisaundra sadly.  I never get this stuff right!

Kristen the dark horse, Kristen the dark horse, Kristen the dark horse. C'mon producer-I mean America make it happen.

That would be awesome and I hope she at least makes it to the finals.  I have a feeling Grimmie might take the whole thing because of her huge YouTube following.

• Love 1

Jake has been underwhelming but has a huge fanbase, whereas I thought Kristen would be eliminated week 1 and she's still here.  It's a toss up.

Considering that the show has messed with Kristen's sound at least twice on the live shows, and she's been in the middle or upper third on iTunes, I'd say that she's probably the strong contender of the two. 

How many are eliminated next week again?

• Love 1

I'm THRILLED that Kristen made it through.

I was impressed by Delvin's enthusiasm for Kat's save.  (Although if I tweeted [oy!], I'd have done so for Audra.)

Totally rooting for Kristen, then Josh, then no one.

• Love 3

I am so excited that Kristen made it through. She really is the underdog of the show. If she makes the finale, it would be huge.

I think Kat is clearly a goner next week and Christina and Josh are going through to the finale. Jake and Kristen are fighting for that last spot. Kristen outsold Jake the previous two weeks on iTunes but Jake outsold Kristen this week on iTunes. If The Voice band doesn't drown her out completely again next week, I think she might be able to squeak past Jake.

A Christina, Josh and Kristen finale would be my dream finale even though I don't really like Christina but I like her better than Kat and Jake.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'd express a lot more happiness at the decimation of Team Finger-Pointing Ass, if Mumbly McHillbilly wasn't the last man standing.  I have an awful fear of this incomprehensible mumbling cliche gaining all of those other votes and winning.  Then again... really what difference does it make?  It's not like winning this show makes any real difference (the country artists will get a boost anyway just for having been on it, and everybody else, win or lose, will disappear into the woodwork). 

Kristen was terrible this week (that song was a piece of shit), but overall I'm happy she stayed over some of the alternatives.

I don't mind Grimmie that much, other than laughing my ass off everytime I hear her name, because it reminds me of that yellow dog in that Mother Goose and Grimm comic strip (Mother Goose calls the dog "Grimmie").  Her voice has it's problems, but I do think the girl has a certain amount of charisma.

Kat is the one who I though really brang it this week.  Those others I haven't mentioned?  Yawn.

Edited by Kromm

Kristen the dark horse, Kristen the dark horse, Kristen the dark horse. C'mon producer-I mean America make it happen.

Word.  I'm not a big country music fan and I hated her song choice this week, but I'm rooting for her!  

I do listen to Country Radio, and think Kristen did a beautiful version of that song.  I've heard the original a thousand times, but she made it sound new to me.  

I don't know how other types of radio stations (R&B, Pop, etc.) operate, but CR really embraces the new artists and young talents coming from these shows.  I haven't listened to any type stations in years, but I hope for the sake of these performers, they get as warm a welcome as CR extends.  

• Love 1

I find Kristen to be extremely mediocre.  Nothing that she does really moves me, even when she is singing songs that I like (f'rex "Let Her Go").  She is better than Jake, however, so I hope she stays long enough to see him eliminated.

I like Kat, but basically that is because I like rock music, and she is the only one bringing it.  I don't see her getting the votes to get to the final without some sort of game-changing performances (like otherKat's Sail performance, which bought her an extra week).

I guess I'm team "hat wearing garden gnome" now.

• Love 2

I would have rather kept Sisaundra or even Delvin or Audra over Jake, but I'm not surprised. I was a bit surprised Kat was out in front by as much as she was on the Twitter save, but I imagine Kat is gone next week and I couldn't see any of the eliminees winning anyway, so not like it matters.

I have decided to give Jake the nickname The Mumbler since I cannot understand him half the time. Audra had the exact same problem. I hope the finale consists of contestants who can enunciate properly.

• Love 2

I have decided to give Jake the nickname The Mumbler since I cannot understand him half the time. Audra had the exact same problem. I hope the finale consists of contestants who can enunciate properly.

I imagine Lucas winning Rockstar: Supernova must have bugged you then, if you watched that show.  He was definitely enunciation challenged.

• Love 1

I have not watched Rockstar, but that would have bothered the hell out of me. Some people enjoy the music AND the lyrics. I don't like it when someone butchers either one of them.

• Love 2

I admit to fast-forwarding through most of the show.  First time I've done that with The Voice.

I thought Sisaundra might last another week, but never thought she would win.  Feel bad for Delvin, but also didn't think he would stay to the end.  For me, Audra was never really present on the show in the first place.

Wonder what sort of blatant sabotage the producers will pull next week to make sure no one eclipses their chosen one.

Full disclosure, I'm a Kristen fan. However, I watched the opening group song a couple times with what I hope were unbiased eyes and ears, and thought Kristen sounded the best of the four. That song seemed right in her wheelhouse, so maybe that's why.

• Love 1

I think Kristen just has a flat out beautiful voice.  For excitement, I prefer sex.  For music-listening, I prefer gorgeous voices.  Yeah, I love good lyrics too (I'm a playwright) but a beautiful voice is the thing that makes me swoon.  So - Kristen.  Is.  It.

• Love 1

That is without doubt my biggest pet peeve in singers. Audra was the worst at not enunciating and swallowing words. It made me crazy. One of the reasons that her save performance was so bad IMO.

Full disclosure, I'm a Kristen fan. However, I watched the opening group song a couple times with what I hope were unbiased eyes and ears, and thought Kristen sounded the best of the four. That song seemed right in her wheelhouse, so maybe that's why.

I am huge Kristen fan and I thought she was the best by far. Audra was bland and mumbly. Jake has a surprisingly good voice when he doesn't mumble though. Kat was bad during the performance.

I really liked Sisaundra and liked her song choices, but I always thought that her style was a little too similar to Tessanne (last season) and that two such similar singers wouldn't win in a row.  I wonder if her mother's presence put the kibosh on her, because she lost that sympathy factor of her mother never coming to see any of her performances.

Grimmie has no stage presence when she's not singing; she always looks sneaky to me - lol.

I think that the reason people like Jake is because he is "Everyman".  He's a good guy, he's not in perfect shape, he's not handsome, he radiates good nature, and he perseveres.  I think he resembles someone in everyone's lives that we're fond of, so there's a built-in well of goodwill toward him.

I like Kristen and think that she has a good voice, but I wish to God they'd get her to wear better outfits, not dresses or anything like that, but some more color or textures.  Her face is pretty and animated but the drab outfits don't serve to showcase her.

It looked like Kat's appearance has been modified a bit in the past two shows; she's looking less like past-prime rocker.

I'm pretty firmly pulling for Christina and Kat at this point.  I've also liked Kristen, but thought her performance this week was her worst yet. Probably a combination of the band and the song.  I hope she goes back to doing something uptempo next week.  Josh has a technically fantastic voice, but I just don't like most of the songs he's done.  Still, I recognize that he probably deserves to be in the final 2.  As for Jake, he shouldn't have even made it this far.

It looked like Kat's appearance has been modified a bit in the past two shows; she's looking less like past-prime rocker.

Kat's makeover has been little short of miraculous - maybe the best I've ever seen on this show.  Just compare the way she looks now to the way she looked in her blind audition.  It probably helps that she seems much more confident on stage.

Ugh. What the hell? I wanted to see more from Sisaundra and Delvin. I didn't expect them to win but they could have hung around a little longer. They're so much more talented and consistent than basically everyone left in the competition. Yes, mistakes were made with their performances last night but they were still so much better than almost everyone else even when they weren't at the top of their game. It just goes to show... you can't slip. The voters just love to promote shitty acts. If a talented act slips for a second they're gone and the mediocre ones get pushed through.

I like my country divas but I don't think Audra is ready yet. She doesn't quite have the technique so she can't hold steady through the whole song. She just has those nice big notes here and there. Also, her voice isn't that special and distinctive. But still. She's certainly better than Kristen. They can fix her up. Carrie Underwood wasn't fabulous when she was actually on American Idol. She just needs more voice lessons and polish. 

I want to like Kat but I just don't. Her voice is too thin for me and there's too much screaming. I think I might love her if she was the frontwoman of a band doing her own material but it's just something I'm not going to respond to on a reality singing competition like this. She was smart to pick Barracuda. It's a crowd pleaser.

I would have saved Delvin. I love Sisaundra but I think he did a little better with the song choice and the vocals.