Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Maybe they mean she's getting a totally new show as a new character and not a spinoff in the DCTV universe?Because there's no way that would ever happen imo as much as I would love anything that gets her off arrow.They couldn't even get the ATOM spinoff they clearly wanted,I seriously doubt they would go for a spinoff about LL.That would be a huge gamble.

• Love 3

Maybe they mean she's getting a totally new show as a new character and not a spinoff in the DCTV universe?Because there's no way that would ever happen imo as much as I would love anything that gets her off arrow.

That is the only way that blind would make sense to me, if it is about KC. Still not buying she would get a series though, a pilot maybe.

• Love 1

Well, I hope it's true because yay for me. Good luck with your new show! Hope they do some chem tests with your co-stars.

This. I'd be happy for KC to go to another show under any circumstances. Alas, I can't imagine anyone being foolish enough to give KC her own starring vehicle, so I find that BI implausible. Too bad.

I am a bit skeptical about another Flarrowverse spin-off simply because the CW will then be The Superhero Network. That's fine if that's what they're going for, but I fear superhero fatigue at some point. 

I would be more willing to believe the CW is developing a show for KC that's not superhero related, but as pointed out above, then why mention not having her co-star on? Unless it's just another dig at SA - if that's who is being referred to. Guess we'll find out in a few months.

Idk that whole last part is kinda weird.When they say she was trying to get the co star killed of so the lead can have a new LI and then the next sentence is possibly the new cast member coming to the show,I have no idea what they mean by that.

Edited by tangerine95

I am a bit skeptical about another Flarrowverse spin-off simply because the CW will then be The Superhero Network. That's fine if that's what they're going for, but I fear superhero fatigue at some point. 

I would be more willing to believe the CW is developing a show for KC that's not superhero related, but as pointed out above, then why mention not having her co-star on? Unless it's just another dig at SA - if that's who is being referred to. Guess we'll find out in a few months.

I can see it being S2 of LoT. Or just a pilot. Or total BS. But man, it really, really sounds like KC.

Idk that whole last part is kinda weird.When they say she was trying to get the co star killed of so the lead can have a new LI and then the next sentence is possibly the new cast member coming to the show,I have no idea what they mean by that.

Poppy, maybe, if the lobbying started awhile ago. 

I could understand wanting veto power because of EBR & CL replacing both her main functions in Arrow, but the rest seems petty (KC if it's true the article if it's not).

I guess we will need to spend time over the next few months checking out pilot info and daring to dream...

Edited by Genki

I can see the CW giving KC an entirely new show but not one based off her current character. A spin off or being on LoT season 2 would mean the other actress could appear on either show. They love their crossovers and Felicity is very popular. 

An entirely new show would be better for everyone involved. Hopefully if it is her they get her a role that plays to her strengths. 

*Considers posting the "How about no" meme again, but since Cranky Baby doesn't want to be disturbed, reconsiders*

Why, though? It'd be win-win...everyone who hates her on Arrow would be thrilled to see her gone, and everyone who loves her on Arrow would be thrilled to follow her to her own show. I think the show would tank, but hey, that's not my problem, that's the CW's.

• Love 5

Why, though? It'd be win-win...everyone who hates her on Arrow would be thrilled to see her gone, and everyone who loves her on Arrow would be thrilled to follow her to her own show. I think the show would tank, but hey, that's not my problem, that's the CW's.

Not that I think there are currently plans for a Birds of Prey show, but if there were I'd actually like it to do well.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 3

Sorry but part of that blind item doesn't even sound like KC, mainly this part:

Not only has she rivaled the lead of the show for most media coverage

Since when has KC matched SA for most media coverage? Have I missed something?! And B lister? Uh, sorry but I don't think so.

The rest kind of fits though but I'm not sure about some of it. Tbh, it reads fake, like a fan has written their wishlist. I also can't see KC leading her own show but maybe she just needs to be cast in a more suitable role. 

Edited by Guest

KC rivaled SA for media coverage in S1.  She was the bigger name.  

If this is about KC I guess it goes to show she can act when she wants to.  If she is attempting to get Felicity killed off so Oliver can have a new love interest her friendship with EBR is as big a sham/or PR stunt as some people claim.  I don't think KC & CL care for each other.

New love interest could be Poppy or Baby Mama.  Baby Mama could become a regular if EBR or KC leaves.  Actress's last show was cancelled.  Doesn't really matter. If Felicity is dead I'm gone.  No fandom meltdown for me.  Arrow may live on but I'm done.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 9

That reminds me of this Blind Item, also from CDAN, which was part of why a lot of people, including myself, thought KC was going to get written out in season two. :( So I guess I'm skeptical of CDAN.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2014/01/blind-items-revealed-1144.html

Part of it sounds like KC, but part of it really doesn't. No way does she get media coverage rivaling SA's. And this part really makes no sense, whether they're talking about EBR or CL.

One of the people who won’t be making an appearance is the person who “replaced” her in one of the storylines. The two can’t stand each other. It is our B lister who has been pushing since last summer to have her killed off so that the star can have a new love interest. Possibly the new cast member coming to the show.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Maybe it was correct but not in the way imagined.  KC was pretty much written out of Oliver's story and the Black Canary story. This was her star role. CL's Canary was given Sin and the GA/BC LI story line.  Even when it ended it was left on a maybe we're not done note.  (Sara gives Oliver a "you deserve someone better" line).  I originally thought Sara was going to be the on again/off again relationship.  She was also given the GA/BC fighting partners.  The CW might have put a stop to the actual writing out of KC.  To date she has gotten very little GA/BC story.  Malcolm was GA in Dark Waters.

IIRC there was speculation about the TCAs in Jan 2015 that the reason KC was there was that she was going to headline LOT.  If so, my guess is she wanted to make sure CL and/or EBR could not appear in any capacity. 

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

Regarding the possibility of a Birds of Prey spinoff, I'd have to say no - largely because the CW had the chance for one with various character combinations (Laurel, Sara, Nyssa, Tatsu, Helena) and instead of going for a women kick ass stunt show, went for a considerably more expensive time travelling show with four flying characters (the Hawks, Atom, Firestorm) and very heavy special effects.  

I have no idea if that was the right move or not, but that tells you more or less what the CW was thinking. 

• Love 6

I can believe the CW might be willing to give KC a brand new show, but not one in this same universe.

But also, "media coverage" in CDAN lingo means pap pics, and that does fit KC.

didn't even think of it but you're right. Could be a non Berlanti/DC show, there's one in development that's actually perfect for KC.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/12/untitled-female-revenge-drama-in.html

Lost alumna Jennifer Johnson has re-teamed with rising young writer Sue Chung for an untitled drama project (aka Furious), which has been set to at the CW.

Written by Chung, the drama centers on a trio of women who work outside the law to deliver justice against those who evade punishment in the legal system. At the same time, they seek personal revenge against the people responsible for destroying their own lives. Chung and Johnson executive produce for Warner Bros. TV.

• Love 2

Angry personal revenge driven sounds right up kcs alley. What was the point of so and so not making a guest appearance if it isn't in universe though?

Oh quarks, when you put it like that...bleh. no matter what happens, arrow has lost so many potentially fascinating story lines and given us yucky forced marriages and lots of bleh.

Angry personal revenge driven sounds right up kcs alley. What was the point of so and so not making a guest appearance if it isn't in universe though?

Oh quarks, when you put it like that...bleh. no matter what happens, arrow has lost so many potentially fascinating story lines and given us yucky forced marriages and lots of bleh.

It would be hilarious if it is KC, it's for a non-DC show, she's playing a different character, and she still hates EBR (or Caity Lotz) so much that she insists they can never appear. The producers would be like, "Um, okay, weren't planning to ask them to appear, so we're cool."

• Love 1

How accurate is CDAN?

That blind item is difficult to follow. The last paragraph in particular is hard to understand. 

It is our B lister who has been pushing since last summer to have her killed off so that the star can have a new love interest. Possibly the new cast member coming to the show.

Applying it to KC. Why would KC want Felicity killed off so Oliver can have a new love interest (if it wasn't her)? And where does this new cast member fit in? 

If they are talking LOT, why would they have S2 revolve around her? That sounds like it would be more for a brand new show. If this is about KC, they certainly are giving her a lot of power/influence. In a very unflattering way. 

I didn't say she'd do it; I said it would be funny.  I would find anyone being that petty hilarious.

And actually, as a human being, I would find KC being angry about all this to be very understandable. I think she is a terrible actress, but the fact is that she was supposed to be a major character on Arrow, after one shortened season as a recurring character on SPN, a season (or two?) on a failed Melrose Place remake, and some secondary horror movie victim characters. She was probably excited. Then LI was taken away from her (and that wasn't really her fault, the writing for LL in S1 was terrible, and I don't think her lack of chemistry with SA is her fault any more than it is SA's). And THEN Black Canary, by whatever name, went to Caity Lotz. She finally got BC back but lots of people hated it. (I also find her entirely unbelievably as a superhero, bc she's completely uncoordinated, but not being athletic is not a character flaw...it is, however, another reason she was miscast.)  She still didn't get the screen time she must have been expecting. Instead, all that delicious screentime goes to an unknown who was only supposed to be in a couple episodes. If all that didn't grate on her she'd be a saint.

So I think she's bad at her job, but I also feel bad for her, and would understand her being angry and disappointed at how it turned out.   

Applying it to KC. Why would KC want Felicity killed off so Oliver can have a new love interest (if it wasn't her)? And where does this new cast member fit in?

If they are talking LOT, why would they have S2 revolve around her? That sounds like it would be more for a brand new show. If this is about KC, they certainly are giving her a lot of power/influence. In a very unflattering way.

I guess the idea would be that she lobbied for Felicity to die regardless of whether Laurel was sticking around. And there is Poppy, plus as someone above pointed out, Baby Mama, as new cast members/potential present-day love interests. Re LoT, there have been rumblings that it's an anthology, potentially with a different cast each season. And the idea would be that she's been sleeping with key players to get them to do all this for her. Not Berlanti, obviously. But she was the only woman at the TCAs, which was weird.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

Let's be blunt.  Is sex really still that valuable of a commodity in the business?  Would decision makers really risk success because they'd got some? 

I wouldn't think so unless she has pictures that could ruin lives but she might think it does.

I can understand KC being angry about how things played out but I can't understand why she would try to get EBR fired.  She simply showed up and did what was asked of her.  Although if she is pulling this it might be more a shot at SA than EBR (although she would pay the greater price). Based on SA's answers when asked about Oliver/Felicity in S1/S2, she might have taken it as SA's fault she lost her LI role.  He never publicly insisted it had to be GA/BC or Oliver/Laurel forever!

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 3

Let's be blunt.  Is sex really still that valuable of a commodity in the business?  Would decision makers really risk success because they'd got some? 

Yes. Of course KC wouldn't need it but in general, sex is still a very powerful thing in Hollywood.

No idea. But she does have a fanbase, so it's not like a complete unknown getting a show. 

Lol because she has had so many revenge vendettas in the past?

She plays angry really well. I think if they had used the whole once you let the darkness in thing and moved ll dark FIRST (and really dark, not chasing after rando votw half cocked and almost shooting him)...that would have both been writing to kcs strengths and given laurel a way more believable "island" .

• Love 2

I really don't think the blind item is about Arrow or KC. A B-list actress is really an upgrade for her talent.

I really can't see the CW building a show around KC when they've had the last 3 years & 2 spinoffs to do it. And chose not to do it.

It does seem like KC has some power considering it felt like her character could have been written off for the last 3 years with no effect to the story. But I would like to think that has more to do with an iron clad contract or too high a buyout for the show. Why bother paying someone to leave when you can just minimize her screentime?

As for KC being the only female at the TCAs, that I think was more of heavy focus on masks. And sadly besides Nyssa who is more costume than hero mask there were no other female masks from the Flarrowverse actively on the shows.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

I don't know why some people feel bad for her. I understand you can have that opinion but there are people on that show who elevate poor material that they are given. She's just a one note actress to me and a lot of people.

It's hard not to empathize since it really does suck when anything you have high expectations for does not go according to plan. 

Still, I think this blind item is either not KC or it's is seriously misinformed.  Too much doesn't fit. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I have a hard time reconciling KC with the claim that the actress in the BI was a nightmare to work with back in the first season since there's little evidence of that from what I recall. KC was/is mentioned by her coworkers as being quite serious and professional in her scenes. PB, whom she worked with most, has been especially complementary. MG spent the better part of the first 2 seasons labeling her work as "Emmy worthy" so I'm not sure why there would be so much praise for someone apparently so horrible, but then again, I don't seem to have the disdain for her as others do. To each their own, I guess.

• Love 2

I have a hard time reconciling KC with the claim that the actress in the BI was a nightmare to work with back in the first season since there's little evidence of that from what I recall. KC was/is mentioned by her coworkers as being quite serious and professional in her scenes. PB, whom she worked with most, has been especially complementary. MG spent the better part of the first 2 seasons labeling her work as "Emmy worthy" so I'm not sure why there would be so much praise for someone apparently so horrible, but then again, I don't seem to have the disdain for her as others do. To each their own, I guess.

I think people are just transferring what they heard about her days in Supernatural tbh.  Regardless, being a nightmare to work with doesn't necessarily mean just the cast, but could be some of the crew like directors etc. (we know it isn't the stunt team because bamford seems to really like her)... 

But it all may not be true anyways. TBH I don't really put much stock into what's written there. 

All I'll say is, if KC is getting a new show then more power to her. I hope that's the case. If not... Then she'll just continue to be the worst part of the show adding little to no value to it for a hefty price considering she's second billed. Nothing different than the past 3.5 years tbh. Although I'm not sure I can survive another 3.5 years with her. I have a sinking suspicion that she's going to be the reason I quit watching the show live and just stream it over the summer. God bless online streaming.

For the sake of argument, let's say the BI from a couple of years was true, at the time it was posted anyway. I've said myself that I believe that the Arrow PTB were strongly considering replacing Laurel with Sara, until something changed in the back half of season two. It's hard for me to explain what they did with Sara and Laurel in season two any other way.

However, even if that one was true, and I'm not saying it was, there's some things in this one that just don't add up for me.

One of the people who won’t be making an appearance is the person who “replaced” her in one of the storylines. The two can’t stand each other.

This has to be EBR, but if true that they can't stand each other, that means that both EBR and KC are part of an elaborate social media act that they are BFFs. So this isn't just about KC. What reason would EBR possibly have to go along with such a thing, if, as this BI alleges, they "can't stand each other"?

it is our B lister who has been pushing since last summer to have her killed off so that the star can have a new love interest.

This part is why it has to be EBR/Felicity rather than CL/Sara, because Sara was already dead. However, the idea that KC could have enough power to have Felicity killed off the show is the most absurd part of this to me. I just absolutely do not believe she has that kind of power. And so that "the star" (SA/Oliver, I'm assuming) could have a new love interest? Why? If it'd said that she was doing it to get her old role as LI back, that might have been slightly more believable, but just to vindictively get Felicity killed off the show even though KC's (supposedly) going to a new one? That's hard to believe, and even harder to believe that she could actually do it.

Possibly the new cast member coming to the show.

What new cast member? There is no new cast member that I know of that would fit. If Poppy isn't the fourth grave on the island I will be shocked. And there's been no indication that I know of that Samantha is joining the cast in any regular capacity. So I don't even know what they're talking about here.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

Given that the disclaimer for that site explicitly states that they make stuff up, I wouldn't give credence to anything they say.  They also seem to hate women, since most of their items (fictitious or otherwise) seem to say derogatory things about various actresses.  In other words, they're like mosquitoes - simultaneously useless and unpleasant, with the potential to be very destructive to their unwitting victims.

• Love 1

The BI just says the person is/was pushing for the replacement to be killed. Not that the push was successful. She could similarly have been pushing for BM/Poppy to be a new love interest, again, not necessarily successfully. If KC said one time "Hey, that new actress playing Oliver's flashback love interest/Baby Mama is great, you [Guggie] should keep her around" then that part of the blind item is true. 

It's probably a little bit correct, and a lot incorrect, though.

Edited by AyChihuahua