Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Wow that was fast.  From the discussion over in the Spoilers thread, I'm hearing that Olicity wedding in the crossover is confirmed?  

And apparently the death is not from Arrow, so yeah, I'm thinking Stein.  The timing fits. I wonder if the Firestorm matrix will/can be passed on to someone else, or if there'll just be no more Firestorm .

ETA:  or what @Sunshine posted while I was typing. :)

Edited by Starfish35
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

Jax would be useless (besides being able to work on the ship) so i think the matrix will be passed onto someone else. I am kind of thinking new girl.

Zari?  Zari should have considerable powers of her own if she's anything like the comics Isis. 

Just now, Starfish35 said:

Zari?  Zari should have considerable powers of her own if she's anything like the comics Isis. 

Yeah Zari. I just don't know how far removed she will be from her Isis counterpart. But I don't see them adding a new cast member in the middle of the season or leaving Jax without powers the remainder. 

Ehhhh.  I don't see them going that way.  Zari has a superhero identity of her own that they've been pretty excited about, however close they stay to the comics version.  She'd lose that to become part of Firestorm - I don't see them doing that.   

I still wonder if they might use Lily Stein though.

• Love 3

It would be fun is Lily could take over Martin Stein's part of Firestorm but I'm afraid she's lacking the right physical equipment for it.

13 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Ugh. Fucking double wedding, then? Never wanted that.

Something I think we can all agree on.

• Love 1

I can't believe they think this is really a good idea. But, even with what SA said about the 4-hour movie thing, I'd really be shocked if they let O/F get married on somebody else's show, so I have to assume they're gonna go first, on Arrow, right? As a last minute kind of situation or something, it has to be.

That's like the last possible hope for me, because I will die of embarrassment if it's literally a ceremony with two couples at the altar, like in the 80's Brady Bunch TV movies.

• Love 5

Oh the balls on these EPs. They're going to try and squeeze in two (2!) weddings plus doppelgangers, and action scenes, and ... someone dies?

With this year supposedly like a 4-hour movie, now I'm really unsure which shows these weddings are going to end up on.

How reliable is the source for this latest spoiler?

8 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Ugh. Fucking double wedding, then? Never wanted that.

Maybe not? Diggle getting ordained to marry Olicity makes sense. Maybe it happens before the big wedding.  Thinking they’ve “won” B&I get married in Flash episode. Surprise bad guys are back so they battle again on LOT.  If secretspoilers is legit (sounds like she was hanging with paps in Vancouver) the Sarah/Alex hookup takes place on SG or 1st hour.  I am thinking there might be more pre-wedding festivities than post.

pursuit23 & canadagraphs are pretty accurate.

8 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

That's like the last possible hope for me, because I will die of embarrassment if it's literally a ceremony with two couples at the altar, like in the 80's Brady Bunch TV movies.

TBH, I would interpret that as a pretty blatant insult to fans of both couples if they did that. I'm already suspicious about them plopping Olicity's wedding in the middle of the most comic booky episodes. Granted, I could easily picture this:

MG: "You know what's better than one wedding? 

AK: "What?"

MG: "Two weddings!!!"

AK: "So organic, just like when I was ten years old."

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 6

I can't see them doing a joint wedding. That's a step too far, IMO. DR said Diggle was officiating two weddings which I'm guessing means two separate ceremonies.

I feel like this idea has Berlanti written all over it. Sigh.

I just had a thought....what if Lily Stein will be Jax's new LI

I am torn about that. I think they could be really suited to each other (both very intelligent, bond with Stein) and Jax has never had a LI so I'm really curious to see him in a romantic storyline but the Ray/Lily shipper in me is soooooo torn! 

6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Since Ken wrote that Olicity is "stealing WestAllen's thunder," it doesn't sound like a double wedding to me - seems like they get married beforehand (if he even knows when it is).

Pretty please post a link to the tweet for me?

• Love 1

Given that "two truths and a lie" hint that EBR recently gave out about the crossover ("they're getting married, they're already married, they're never getting married"), is it possible it might be a surprise reveal that O/F are already married, and we get their wedding in some kind of flashback scene? I could see that happening on Arrow, I guess.

19 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Since Ken wrote that Olicity is "stealing WestAllen's thunder," it doesn't sound like a double wedding to me - seems like they get married beforehand (if he even knows when it is).

WestAllen got the 'mark the day' notices, they're getting the bachelor party and they've got the wedding scene on the crossover poster, and Felicity is't even on it.  How exactly are they stealing WestAllen's thunder?

5 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Given that "two truths and a lie" hint that EBR recently gave out about the crossover ("they're getting married, they're already married, they're never getting married"), is it possible it might be a surprise reveal that O/F are already married, and we get their wedding in some kind of flashback scene? I could see that happening on Arrow, I guess.

I guess they could be having schmoopy nostalgic memories of their own wedding. Haha that's even worse than a straight up double wedding. It's like interrupting scenes of the WestAllen wedding with Olicity flashbacks. 

Edited by leopardprint
3 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I guess they could be having schmoopy nostalgic memories of their own wedding. Haha that's even worse than a straight up double wedding. It's like interrupting scenes of the WestAllen wedding with Olicity flashbacks. 

Worse? To me that's better ;)

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I just had a thought....what if Lily Stein will be Jax's new LI

I am torn about that. I think they could be really suited to each other (both very intelligent, bond with Stein) and Jax has never had a LI so I'm really curious to see him in a romantic storyline but the Ray/Lily shipper in me is soooooo torn! 

Pretty please post a link to the tweet for me?

Maybe she takes her father’s place as part of Firestorm. Jax has always been the physical manifestation. (Not sure how that works but Jax replaced Ronnie.?)

• Love 2

So the new spoiler account's now hinting that both weddings will take place on LOT? Really? Wow. That amazes me, but that fits in with a strong commitment to the 4-hour-movie, all shows are indistinguishable from each other idea.

On the other hand, it also inches a lot closer to the actual double wedding, two couples at the altar thing. Okay, I cannot imagine that playing out in a way that will be satisfying to me at ALL. Sorry, but I will feel completely gipped if it's just a "hey, get on up here and join us!" ridiculous ending like that. Good god. 

10 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

So the new spoiler account's now hinting that both weddings will take place on LOT? Really? Wow. That amazes me, but that fits in with a strong commitment to the 4-hour-movie, all shows are indistinguishable from each other idea.

Is this what you're referring to?

IMG_2189.PNG

Edited by Starfish35

I really wonder how this 'two weddings in the crossover' situation came about. I mean, we know the Flash showrunners were planning this at least since the beginning of this year, why'd they decide to add another, and did everyone really think that would be a good idea??

Edited by Trini

Wonder if moving Arrow to Monday changed some things?  IIRC, SA said he thought WA would get married before Olicity. He also talked about liking the idea of a small ceremony with just the team present.  I originally thought it might take place when they returned to Star City.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Trini said:

I really wonder how this 'two weddings in the crossover' situation came about. I mean, we know the Flash showrunners were planning this at least since the beginning of this year, why'd they decide to add another, and did everyone really think that would a good idea??

Well, knowing that they were dead set on making this a TRUE crossover where you can't tell one show from another (if that is indeed what they pulled off), my guess is they thought it would be best to apply the big "life event" to the main characters on more than one show, so that it isn't just WA that gets the spotlight, and I guess that's also why both couples are actually going to get married on a show that's not their own.

I guess they don't agree that it cheapens the life event for both of them to do it this way...or that's just not something that's important to them, I guess. 

Edited by ruby24
Just now, Trini said:

I really wonder how this 'two weddings in the crossover' situation came about. I mean, we know the Flash showrunners were planning this at least since the beginning of this year, why'd they decide to add another, and did everyone really think that would a good idea??

Actually...

Flash EPs: We want everyone at the WestAllen wedding.
Arrow EPs: We want everyone at the Olicity wedding.
EPs: Well, everyone's together at the crossover anyway, so... we can do them all at the same time...?
Flash/Arrow EPs: Works for us. What could possibly go wrong? *high fives all around*

• Love 4

I was against Olicity wedding in the Xover but fuck it. Let them get married in ALL the episodes. Like a 4 episodes wedding.  I am so happy that my babies are getting married.

I shipped those fuckers from the moment he smiled at her and told her she was remarkable. Fucking idiots! YASSSSS!

• Love 15
58 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Maybe there's an Earth-X Olicity that is already married while earth-1 Olicity are getting married? 

• Love 1

Sigh. All those male writers. Now that I think about it, this is exactly the kind of thing that a bunch of dudes would think is cool, because who really cares about the "specialness" of one wedding/couple versus the other? As long as they tie the knot it's all the same, right? The more the merrier!

Gotta tell you guys, I think most brides would really, really resent the idea of having another couple randomly join them at the altar, lol. And then that's like, the memory of their wedding forever, tied to other people. But my guess is that does not even occur to them, they probably think the idea of a double wedding is just cool as a stunt-type thing and wondered how they could do it.

Edited by ruby24

Maybe E1 Oliver marries EX Felicity! 

1 MINUTE AGO, RUBY24 SAID:

But my guess that does not even occur to them, they probably think the idea of a double wedding is just cool as a stunt thing.

Well judging from Arrow 523, MG seems really wedded to the concept of "More is more." Now I am picturing a tsunami of flowers during the bouquet toss. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
Just now, ruby24 said:

Sigh. All those male writers. Now that I think about it, this is exactly the kind of thing that a bunch of dudes would think is cool, because who really cares about the "specialness" of one wedding/couple versus the other? As long as they tie the knot it's all the same, right? 

Gotta tell you guys, I think most brides would really, really resent the idea of having another couple randomly join them at the altar, lol. But my guess that does not even occur to them, they probably think the idea of a double wedding is just cool as a stunt thing.

Felicity doesn't strike me as the type of gal that gives a shit about this kind of thing. I think she just will be happy to be marrying her man.

• Love 7
Just now, catrox14 said:

Felicity doesn't strike me as the type of gal that gives a shit about this kind of thing. I think she just will be happy to be marrying her man.

I actually agree there. Iris on the other hand, gets pushed aside as usual, but what else is new.

• Love 1

All of them have all just faced an ordeal together. I don't think the first couple would mind another one seizing the moment and getting hitched too. I see the problem from a shipper's POV but I don't think it's silly from the characters' perspectives, especially if the second one is unplanned. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

No, but she does seem the type who wouldn't want to take attention away on her friend's day, Laurel OTOH...

• Love 3
Just now, ruby24 said:

I actually agree there. Iris on the other hand, gets pushed aside as usual, but what else is new.

I don't think Iris would care about that either. Not after everything they've been through. If she did, I'd be disappointed. Maybe WA get married on Arrow and Olicity gets married on the Flash. LOL

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Yeah, that's another reason I don't want them married, it increases the likelihood of her dying so Kara and Mon-El can get back together in S4 and that's another trope I hate. I suppose she could always decide to head back to her own time when she sees how much they love each other, whether married or not, (still not a favourite trope) but that makes divorce a little tricky so death ends up being more likely. It's going to be messy however it plays out and given the state the shipping parts of the Supergirl fandom were already in before this I think it could get uglier than the versions of it Arrow has gone through.

She could run off with Lighting Lad.

I just hope they don't Roswell!Tess her. That would make me so mad. 

Found by taurush on tumblr: 

Artist rendering of Saturn:

tumblr_n0h21xnmGN1sd2bsxo1_540.jpg

Versus Promo: 

tumblr_inline_owuj90cRcX1uqrtl5_540.gif

So unless Kara somehow knows about Mon-El being on Titan (how?), or this is actually Mon-El dreaming about Kara, not the other way around (then why is Alura in the field?) that would suggest that Saturn Girl might have something to do with the dream, which in turn means she should know about Kara, which makes it kind of shady that she would get involved with Mon-El in the first place. 

• Love 3