Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

DP doesn't look like she's dressed for going out, does she? The other three look  a lot more dressy. Does Caitlin eschew girls' night for some reason, but then she and Cisco are called in as back up?

3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

DP doesn't look like she's dressed for going out, does she? The other three look  a lot more dressy. Does Caitlin eschew girls' night for some reason, but then she and Cisco are called in as back up?

Since DP was seen in the Killer Frost outfit this week while they were stil filming episode 5 i think KF makes an appearance. 

I think the bachelorette party will start off with Iris/Felicity/Caitlin/Joe's Girlfriend (idk her name sorry)... And then something will happen that will make Caitlin revert to Killer Frost and the girls will have to deal with that?

Firstly, Oh my God, Professor Pyg...! I've been waiting on the casting, and Michael Cerveris is an excellent choice. So very excited to see what he does with it. 

And secondly...

1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

Since DP was seen in the Killer Frost outfit this week while they were stil filming episode 5 i think KF makes an appearance. 

I believe she was snapped in the subway, so it's being speculated she's going to be accosting Katee Sackhoffs "Blacksmith" in full Frost mode during the festivities. It sounds like it's going to be lively!

Edited by Karlophe
speculation
  • Love 1

I never knew I wanted to see EBR in a shoulderless dress until I saw her in a shoulderless dress. That colour is wonderful on her! We need a shoulderless dress on aarrow and Oliver touching those shoulders please!

She's so pretty I wish we had more photos of her in general. 

• Love 2

Video of FULL Flash: Forward Into the Past panel at Dragon Con yesterday (Rick Cosnett, Matt Letscher, Michelle Harrison and John Wesley Shipp, but no Danielle Panabaker because her flight was delayed) - I only transcribed a few bits below...

The Flash Panel Dragoncon 2017
Published on Sep 1, 2017, by airricksreloaded

-- (About halfway through the video) Fan noted that crossovers have become really popular and asked the panel which DC CW character would they like their character to meet, chat with, or get to interact with. Rick Cosnett responded: "Well, I've always said Felicity." (Audience laughed and clapped)

-- RG related how it came about that he, Carlos Valdes and Jesse Martin ended up singing their gospel version of the Firefly theme song ("Ballad of Serenity").

-- (Very near the end of the video) Matt Letscher stood up and did this hilarious demonstration of himself and GG running side by side in front of a green screen, as they're alternately pulled by a guy with a rope tied to them.

-- When asked about the big screen Flash movie with Ezra Miller, John Wesley-Shipp: "The Speed Force is big enough for all of us."

Edited by tv echo

This article provides the rest of what RG said about Felicity at Dragon Con (that I couldn't hear from the Flash panel video posted above)...

Rick Cosnett Reveals Which Character from 'Arrow' He'd Be a Power Couple With
by Nicole Drum | September 2, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/09/02/the-flash-rick-cosnett-arrow-power-couple-eddie-thawne/

During the Flash panel at Dragon Con in Atlanta yesterday, Cosnett told fans that he'd like Eddie to cross paths with Arrow’s Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and teased that he might just give Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) a run for his money.

"They'd be a power couple," Cosnett said.

While "Felicited" might make for a cute couple (and a welcome relief for "Olicity" haters, Eddie's being dead might be an issue. Eddie shot himself upon finding out that he was the ancestor of the evil Eobard Thawne (Matt Letscher,) aka the Reverse-Flash, and seemingly erased the villain from existence at the end of The Flash's first season. But thanks to Barry's penchant for running back to the past and messing up the timeline as well as the time-hopping shenanigans of Legends of Tomorrow, Eobard managed to make a return.

If Eobard could return that opens the door for an Eddie resurrection. There would certainly be room for that “Felicited” power couple in another timeline, especially with Legends having to fix the timeline they broke last season.

Edited by tv echo
25 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

To be fair, dead people pop up all the time on Arrowverse shows unfortunately!

True. But it's rare to see someone who died 3 years ago come back onto another show! I actually don't think this has ever happened? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

True. But it's rare to see someone who died 3 years ago come back onto another show! I actually don't think this has ever happened? 

No, but she commented later in the paragraph about Barry changing the timeline, so I think she was just trying to make a joke.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Isnt Eddie part of the speedforce now. 

That wouldn't matter if Barry changes the timeline - which was what the author discussed. 

Not that I think any of this is actually serious speculation on her part, just a way to extend the ~article other than saying, "but that can't happen because Eddie is dead."

• Love 2
Just now, apinknightmare said:

That wouldn't matter if Barry changes the timeline - which was what the author discussed. 

Not that I think any of this is actually serious speculation on her part, just a way to extend the ~article other than saying, "but that can't happen because Eddie is dead."

But he was still dead in the new timeline? As was RF outside of the apperances of the remnants. 

12 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

No, but she commented later in the paragraph about Barry changing the timeline, so I think she was just trying to make a joke.

I should've read the rest of it. I started tuning out after she mentioned how olicity haters would like the idea... Like why is that necessary to put in an article? Moron. 

• Love 3

I think this is the right place to post this:

http://people.com/movies/actress-tessa-thompson-hates-dumb-male-writers-describing-their-female-characters-as-badass/

“It’s a dumb male writer’s way of saying, ‘Ah, uh, she’s like, she, uh, she’s tough.’ Then straight after that it’s like, ‘She’s badass, but she’s got a beauty about her. And she’s sexy. Unconsciously sexy.’”

Ha! From her lips to MG's (and KC's) ears.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, bethy said:

I think this is the right place to post this:

http://people.com/movies/actress-tessa-thompson-hates-dumb-male-writers-describing-their-female-characters-as-badass/

“It’s a dumb male writer’s way of saying, ‘Ah, uh, she’s like, she, uh, she’s tough.’ Then straight after that it’s like, ‘She’s badass, but she’s got a beauty about her. And she’s sexy. Unconsciously sexy.’”

Ha! From her lips to MG's (and KC's) ears.

I'm loving all these female actresses and directors basically trashing the male driven ideas of what makes a strong or "badass" female character. For instance I loved Patty Jenkins response to James Cameron for saying Wonder Woman wasn't worthy of being applauded because she wasn't tough enough or "badass" enough like he made Sarah Connor- or at least reading between the lines that's what Cameron was implying. Keep it up girls! 

• Love 11

David Ramsey confirmed to a fan today that there is going to be a crossover wedding. So we can officially squash the possibility of a double wedding happening. Also, he basically confirmed that it's WestAllen, because the fan asked if it was Barry and Iris and he tried to be coy and wouldn't answer, but he asked her who she wanted it to be and she said Oliver and Felicity. He nodded and still wouldn't say, but her mom asked if she was going to be happy at least, and he said "well, you'd be happy with either one, right?" So, yeah.

The video is on twitter, but I don't how to post it.

9 hours ago, wonderwall said:

Well, it's going to happen now that you've put it into the universe! ? You know Berlanti is figuring a way to make it happen somehow...

Oh, I see. Yeah, I see that there are some people who still aren't sure, but I think him checking to see if she'd be happy with "either one" right after she tells him she wants it to be O/F kinda gives it away, doesn't it?

• Love 2
Just now, ruby24 said:

Oh, I see. Yeah, I see that there are some people who still aren't sure, but I think him checking to see if she'd be happy with "either one" right after she tells him she wants it to be O/F kinda gives it away, doesn't it?

Yes, I think his answer indicates it's Barry and Iris. 

• Love 2

It was sort of all set anyway once we found out about Iris's bachelorette party in Flash episode 5, unless there's some sort of last minute switcheroo or something...but I think the order of the shows on the crossover nights indicates that won't happen. I'd be surprised if the WA wedding doesn't occur on the Flash episode now.

But I do wonder how they will set it up with pre-wedding festivities on Supergirl/Arrow, if this is the reason for everyone gathering together. Maybe like a rehearsal dinner or something?

12 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I'm one of those 'still unsure' people; but at least there's confirmation that there is a wedding in the crossover.

Either way, both couples are probably getting married this season, I just wonder how far apart the weddings will be?

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ruby24 said:

But I do wonder how they will set it up with pre-wedding festivities on Supergirl/Arrow, if this is the reason for everyone gathering together. Maybe like a rehearsal dinner or something?

They only need to bring everyone together for the actual wedding. Although I'm sure if they could have a special get-together for Barry and Iris on every show, they'd do it.

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

They only need to bring everyone together for the actual wedding. Although I'm sure if they could have a special get-together for Barry and Iris on every show, they'd do it.

Well, I'm sort of thinking that the reason to bring everyone together for the crossover event across the four episodes will be the wedding...and then whatever villain or action thing happens in the middle of that. Isn't that how it will probably go?

• Love 2
Just now, ruby24 said:

Well, I'm sort of thinking that the reason to bring everyone together for the crossover event across the four episodes will be the wedding...and then whatever villain or action thing happens in the middle of that. Isn't that how it will probably go?

It's a 2 day event though - even the EPs said they aren't treating it as 4 separate episodes this year. I doubt everyone will travel to CC the same day of the wedding... So everyone gets to CC the night before - comic stuff ensues - the day before the wedding and we see our heroes fight the baddies starting from Supergirl and defeat the villain the next day on LoT. Whether that means the wedding actually happens IDK...

Or it could go another route. The wedding is in the Supergirl episode and everyone's already there but gets postponed because of the baddies attacking CC. Whether or not they resume the wedding the next night remains to be seen.

Just now, ruby24 said:

I think Supergirl will start with everyone already in Central City, or Supergirl's gang on their way or whatever, and there might be some downtime before the main villain sets in, but probably not a whole lot - they can set the premise around the wedding, but it's a lot to ask the viewers of two shows to settle in for a whole lot of stuff revolving around a couple on a show they might not even watch. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think Supergirl will start with everyone already in Central City, or Supergirl's gang on their way or whatever, and there might be some downtime before the main villain sets in, but probably not a whole lot - they can set the premise around the wedding, but it's a lot to ask the viewers of two shows to settle in for a whole lot of stuff revolving around a couple on a show they might not even watch. 

You forget - Barry is super special therefore we all must bend over backwards for him and his show :p

• Love 4

They already did that when they had the crossover introducing the Hawks, so not unprecedented.

4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

You forget - Barry is super special therefore we all must bend over backwards for him and his show :p

The Flash is still the highest rated show, so why wouldn't they use him to boost ratings as he's done before?

Yeah, and just because the cast of for example, Supergirl, are going to a wedding doesn't necessarily mean whatever happens on that show's episode has to revolve around the couple getting married. It could be any event that the they're all headed to, and something happens along the way, or the night before, or whatever.

The Flash's episode is the only one likely to really focus on Barry and Iris. 

ETA: The wedding planner being the Big Bad would be kind of funny, actually.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Yeah, and just because the cast of for example, Supergirl, are going to a wedding doesn't necessarily mean whatever happens on that show's episode has to revolve around the couple getting married. It could be any event that the they're all headed to, and something happens along the way, or the night before, or whatever.

Sorry, I read this:

And thought you meant that the villain or action thing would happen literally in the middle of the crossover. If you meant in the middle of as in in the midst of the wedding festivities, then yes, I agree. The crisis is going to crash whatever it is they have going on that they've all come together for.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Trini said:

The Flash is still the highest rated show, so why wouldn't they use him to boost ratings as he's done before?

The crossover events does bring in viewers to other shows and a big reason for that is because of the Flash. I agree with you. But that doesn't justify making the entire crossover about a couple that people who watch SG/LoT/Arrow don't really give a damn about. Even the EPs said last year that there isn't a lot of overlap in viewers anyways. Arrow people tend to not watch Flash, Flash people dont' watch LoT etc. So why would they center other shows like SG/Arrow/LoT around a WA wedding? It just makes no sense to me lmao. Just like how it wouldn't make sense for Karamel/Olicity/Whoever Ray is gonna marry.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5
Just now, quarks said:

Non-snark question:

Is this something that you, as a WestAllen fan, want?

I'm good with it. I like the idea of having all the other show's characters gather for a big wedding. At first I wasn't totally sure, because I know that even if their wedding gets the focus of The Flash's episode, because it's a crossover they will need to give characters like Oliver and Kara, etc. some screen time as well, and I didn't know if I'd want that to be a distraction.

But I actually don't think it will be too much. I don't watch Arrow anymore, but having watched last year's 100th episode, that was very much a celebration of that particular show and I think they will do the same for Barry and Iris in the Flash episode of their wedding.

• Love 1

I'm going to put my bets on Barry and Iris getting married at the end.  Like @wonderwall said, it sounds like they're looking at this as a two-night event, not four specific episodes.  So I'm thinking it's not going to be so much "ok this is the Supergirl portion, this is the Arrow portion, this is The Flash portion, this is the Legends portion" as it will be all one thing divided into night one and night two.    So I think they probably all get together for Barry and Iris's wedding, crisis happens, crisis resolved, Barry and Iris get married, the end. 

Of course now that I've said that, it won't happen that way st all. :) Lol.

• Love 5