Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

26 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Wait, is Statesgirl saying that Chico IS the niece or that she does her job so half hazard that she SEEMS like someone that only got the gig because of a family connection?  

I thought she was just saying that Chico does her job like she doesn't have to worry about getting fired because nepotism.

• Love 3

With regard to Caitlin, I'd imagine that's exactly why - with how the season ended, they're probably trying to keep her whereabouts mysterious. Flash is being more tight lipped than usual with everything this year, but with so much of last seasons endgame being spoiled or at least widely guessed beforehand I guess it's understandable even if I don't like it. 

(edited)
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

No BL or Krypton pilots at SDCC it seems but new trailer for BL.

This sounds so awful and fucked up. Supergirl is also a nazi apparently

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Her name is Overgirl. They'll be doing what Legends should be doing and hopping around the mutliverse.

Still really doesn't change how awful and ugly this is lol I don't get the obsession of turning heroes into Nazis. First Captain America and now this? Nah... Hard pass.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

The sizing on that poster throws me.  GA looks like he's super short since he's in front of everyone.  That's not how perspective works.    

Edited by BkWurm1

Nazi's are safe.  They're in the past.  Anyone current they may make into bad guys (e.g. ISIS/Dayesh) may end up offending someone.

I know I shouldn't complain but why is Wally bigger than Iris?  Because he's a guy and wears a costume and mask?

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Wait, is Statesgirl saying that Chico IS the niece or that she does her job so half hazard that she SEEMS like someone that only got the gig because of a family connection?  

The latter.  I know nothing about what's going on.  But I don't understand how she keeps her job, much less gets a promotion, when she's spending so little time doing what her job is.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I don't think it is nearly as bad as Capt but it could be a fun story. They'll probably pull designs from the mutliverse.

You forget that the man who was in charge of writing 513 (the gun episode) is in charge of this... So I have no hopes about this not being offensive in some way, shape, or form.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

Supergirl poster looks nice, the other 3....

Just now, wonderwall said:

You forget that the man who was in charge of writing 513 (the gun episode) is in charge of this... So I have no hopes about this not being offensive in some way, shape, or form.

Well you got me there!

24 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Still really doesn't change how awful and ugly this is lol I don't get the obsession of turning heroes into Nazis. First Captain America and now this? Nah... Hard pass.

Agreed Nazis shouldn't be normalised or treated like cool story villains- especially given the state of highlighted racism that was the 2016 election. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I don't think it is nearly as bad as Capt but it could be a fun story. They'll probably pull designs from the mutliverse.

205topk.jpg

Random but it irks me they made Overgirl have half the power of Overman.  Though I guess in this universe she's less Clark's Overman's cousin but his daughter-ish.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Random but it irks me they made Overgirl have half the power of Overman.  Though I guess in this universe she's less Clark's Overman's cousin but his daughter-ish.  

Yeah, from the sounds of it, Overgirl is more comparable to Superboy than Supergirl, as far as origin and powers.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

1 hour ago, yellowfred said:

Yeah, from the sounds of it, Overgirl is more comparable to Superboy than Supergirl, as far as origin and powers.  

Yeah,  it definitely feels like the writers did a binge watch of Young Justice and Justice League and mashed together Connor and Galatea's characters and added NAZIS.   Cause their so original. 

Looks like these wall posters are pulled from / using images from the Invasion crossover poster.

They added Iris and Wally to the Flash one (I think that only HD Cisco and Barry), they removed the Alien from Supergirl and just left Kara and J'onn. Arrow is pretty much the same just different positioning. I can't find the LoT poster to compare.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/12/2017 at 4:05 PM, Trini said:

Choice TV Villain (#ChoiceTVVillain)

Cory Michael Smith – Gotham
Grant Gustin – The Flash
Janel Parrish – Pretty Little Liars
Josh Segarra – Arrow
Mark Pellegrino – Supernatural
Teri Hatcher – Supergirl

This was probably posted somewhere on the Arrow forum earlier but I only just noticed that GG was nominated as Best Villian as well.  I love that since they don't mention for which character, I can just pretend it's an indictment against all the dumb stuff Barry has pulled.  #neverforgetBabySara  ;)

Also good for Josh and Teri.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

This was probably posted somewhere on the Arrow forum earlier but I only just noticed that GG was nominated as Best Villian as well.  I love that since they don't mention for which character, I can just pretend it's an indictment against all the dumb stuff Barry has pulled.  

Also good for Josh and Teri.  

Supergirl got two more nominations, for Best TV Ship and Best Liplock (both with Melissa and Chris - Kara and Mon-El = Karamel). Best Liplock is both for movies and TV.

Four nominations in total for Arrow (Best TV Action Show, Best TV Action Actor-Stephen, Best TV Action Actress-Emily, Best TV Villain-Josh)

Four nominations in total for Flash (Best TV Action Show, Best TV Action Actor-Grant, Best TV Action Actress-Danielle, Best TV Villain-Grant)

One nomination in total for Legends of Tomorrow (Best TV Action Actress-Caity).

Six nominations in total for Supergirl (Best TV Action Show, Best TV Action Actress-Melissa, Best TV Action Actor-Chris, Best TV Villain-Teri, Best TV Ship-Karamel/ Melissa & Chris, Best Liplock-Melissa & Chris)

The voting period for the second wave of nominations ended a couple of days ago.

Edited by emarasmoak
  • Love 1
(edited)

*sigh* It really saddens me that LoT doesn't get the same recognition. It's not the first (Arrow); it's not the highest-rated (Flash); it's not the zeitgeist darling (Supergirl). It's just a funny and endearing little show that's learned what it can do and does it well.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

*sigh* It really saddens me that LoT doesn't get the same recognition. It's not the first (Arrow); it's not the highest-rated (Flash); it's not the zeitgeist darling (Supergirl). It's just a funny and endearing little show that's learned what it can do and does it well.

Agreed.  I've been a little down about the lack of Legends promotion myself. :(

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

Yep. And with Black Lightning now the CW's shiny new toy, I feel like it's going to be a lot of "LoT? What's that?" other than at crossover time. 

• Love 2