Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

Gotham was mentioned once or twice in the second season of Supergirl. 

Still not in the Arrowverse proper.  Cisco might go batshit that Batman is for reals over there, but it's basically not a thing for Team Arrow, Team Flash or Team Time Bandits.

3 hours ago, way2interested said:

They also all but directly name-dropped Batman a few times on Supergirl (Kara mentioned that she thought masks were big "in that other city," she mentioned that her cousin worked once with a vigilante who had tons of demons, James mentioned how a civilian looked at Guardian in fear like "Clark's friend" even though he was trying to save her, etc.).

Fine, Batman's real on Supergirl's world.  Is he the exact same 16 year oldish kid that he is on Gotham?  Probably not.  So, shit happening on Gotham?  Still irrelevant.

(edited)

The closest I've heard to anyone making a "Bat" reference was Cisco in the most recent episode of The Flash where he referred to the villain as "Two-Face."  The context of the reference was almost certainly pop culture in nature (just like most if not all of Cisco's references).  IE, Cisco was referring to the fictional Batman villain, Two-Face.  Which means that in the universe of The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow, Batman is a fictional character.  He's probably fictional in the universe of Supergirl as well, but we don't know for sure.

I think the idea of someone or thing being Two-Faced is too old for it to be assumed he was making a pop culture reference.  The Roman god Janus was the original Two Face.  Plus it's a really common saying that would be easily adapted for the nicknames they give out to the bad guys.  I don't think we can assume that means Batman is a fictional hero on Earth 1.  Plus in the newspaper from the future that Barry keeps looking at, there was an article about the Queen's company merging with Wayne Enterprises, so at the very least we have confirmation that the Waynes exist.  

I do agree though that Gotham and Arrow exist unto themselves.  We aren't even using Ra's or the LoA for that most part anymore.  And our Talia would be completely different from theirs.  Still, I wouldn't be shocked if DC decided only one show should use certain characters at a time.  So if Talia is dead come this fall, then I might assume Gotham has plans for her.  But if so, oh well, we didn't need her anyway.  Now if they kill Nyssa, I'll be pissed but it's not worth getting upset about something that likely won't happen.  

3 hours ago, Proteus said:

Rip Hunter said I think in the LOT pilot that he has seen men of steal die and dark knights fall.

But they changed the future so that would have also been erased...I think.  Time travel is confusing, lol.  

Also, I've always assumed the Time Masters might have been able to tap into parallel earths as well, you never know.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Sign her up - fast!...

'Wonder Woman' Director Patty Jenkins Not Signed for Sequel
JUNE 07, 2017 5:55am PT by Borys Kit
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-director-patty-jenkins-not-signed-sequel-1010845?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

A $103.3 million domestic opening usually means a sequel is a no-brainer — but director Patty Jenkins has yet to sign on the dotted line for a Wonder Woman follow-up.

While star Gal Gadot has an option in place for Wonder Woman 2 as part of her overall deal to appear in several DC movies, Warner Bros. executives enlisted Jenkins for just one film, a decision that could end up costing the studio millions of dollars if Jenkins' reps drive a hard bargain for her to return.

At the time she was hired, Jenkins had directed just one movie, her 2003 feature debut Monster, and she was taking over the long-gestating project from Michelle MacLaren, who left over creative differences. A one-picture-only deal is said to be standard practice at Warner Bros. for directors taking on a big-budget studio film for the first time.

Warners execs also may have been a bit unprepared for the level of success and acclaim Wonder Woman has achieved; initial tracking reports predicted Jenkins' $150 million-budgeted film would open to about $65 million domestic, solid but hardly a reason to begin planning a long-range strategy. And the studio had been focusing on putting together Justice League Dark, a supernatural team-up project, and Batgirl, a Joss Whedon-helmed film (among other Bat-offerings), as the likely next movies to go into production in the DC Comics universe.
Also a factor in not locking in Jenkins is the studio's more filmmaker-centric approach to its DC slate, where installments are not fait accompli; 2013’s Man of Steel, for example, still doesn’t have a direct sequel despite grossing more than $668 million worldwide.

Some insiders say it was only in recent weeks that Wonder Woman buzz began to grow on the Warners lot in Burbank, so the studio wanted to wait for the opening weekend results before initiating any negotiations. This strategy is a shift from the tactic under previous regimes, which got to work on sequels early. Warners famously greenlighted a sequel to The Hangover two months before the first film was released.

Sources say the studio intends to begin negotiations with Jenkins shortly (although the exact timing is unclear), and the filmmaker and her reps at CAA, Anonymous Content and Jackoway Tyerman will enjoy enormous leverage. Jenkins could not only return to the director's chair on Wonder Woman 2 but also could ink a more expansive deal that would allow her to work with DC Entertainment president and chief creative officer Geoff Johns on a script treatment for that movie and possibly others as well.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

This is interesting...

Why Wonder Woman ‘Needed’ Steve Trevor
By Andrew Dyce  June 7, 2017
http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-movie-needs-steve-trevor/

There may be some who would bristle (and certainly have already) at the idea of Wonder Woman being forced to share the spotlight with her romantic lead. But Patty Jenkins and Chris Pine have been clear from the beginning: Steve Trevor is no “love interest.” In fact, Jenkins takes the stance that having Diana’s journey so closely linked to her relationship and romance(?) with Steve doesn’t take away from her independence. If anything, it shows that female characters and female heroes don’t need to play by different rules than, say, Superman himself:

“I feel like one of the most ironically sexist things that happened to women heroes for so long was that they had universal storytelling taken away from them. So, male superheroes could have Lois Lane. They can have love, they can have vulnerability, they can have complexity. But women superheroes or strong women characters had to be, ‘I don’t need anyone, I’m the toughest person in the world.’ That’s not fair to anybody. No human being is an island like that.

“Chris Pine was a rare and special casting. We wanted a man who was a true parallel to Diana. A giant spirit who is the kind of man one aspires to be, but isn’t afraid to be complex and leave room for and even compliment another. He’s the kind of man women want to believe is out there. He’s also one of the best actors I’ve ever worked with.”
Her praise for Chris Pine isn’t misplaced, either, since his performance and characterization guarantee that the best of men, and humanity at large, is represented. Instead of sticking to the archetypes and keeping it simple, Jenkins and the other storytellers made Wonder Woman an empowering story for men and women. And what makes Steve Trevor such  a success? He manages to become a hero of his own following Diana’s lead… but also knows when to leave the stage to her alone.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 13
(edited)

Rare alignment of the DC and Marvel universes...

Richard Donner celebrated for 'Superman,' super kindness
Sandy Cohen  Jun 08, 2017 
http://www.wboc.com/story/35617085/richard-donner-celebrated-for-superman-super-kindness

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and DC Entertainment president Geoff Johns, the two men responsible for the last decade of superhero blockbusters, both worked for Donner when they were starting out in Hollywood.

"'Superman' the movie is still, to this day, the archetype of the perfect superhero film origin story," Feige said, adding that his staff at Marvel watches it before embarking on most projects. "I hope you don't bemoan the fact that that film has inspired all of these movies."

They showed the clip where Superman (Christopher Reeve) rescues Lois Lane (Margot Kidder) as she and a helicopter fall from a tall building. Feige called it "the best cinematic superhero save in the history of film."

"Wonder Woman" director Patty Jenkins, who has said she was inspired by Donner's "Superman," was among the guests at Wednesday's celebration.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

CW Fall Schedule:

MONDAY, OCTOBER 9

8:00-9:00pm                  SUPERGIRL (Season Premiere)  
9:00-10:00pm                VALOR (Series Premiere)

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10

8:00-9:00pm                  THE FLASH (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm                DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (Season Premiere)

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 11

8:00-9:00pm                  RIVERDALE (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm                DYNASTY (Series Premiere)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12

8:00-9:00pm                  SUPERNATURAL (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm                ARROW (Season Premiere)

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13

8:00-9:00pm                 CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm                JANE THE VIRGIN (Season Premiere)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cw-sets-consolidated-fall-premiere-schedule-1011499

They usually skip whatever show lands on Thanksgiving though.  Still, I wonder how much confusion that will cause with Arrow being behind Flash (LoT and Supergirl, it shouldn't matter as much.)  I suppose as long as the writers know ahead of time they can work it all out but the change makes me wary for some reason.  

2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

They usually skip whatever show lands on Thanksgiving though.  Still, I wonder how much confusion that will cause with Arrow being behind Flash (LoT and Supergirl, it shouldn't matter as much.)  I suppose as long as the writers know ahead of time they can work it all out but the change makes me wary for some reason.  

Actually I figured all the shows would be skipped that week. Isn't that what they usually do or no?

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah, looks like CW is starting all of their shows a week late this season.  

Hope this translates to cutting a week out of some hiatus rather than just ending later in the season.  

4 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Actually I figured all the shows would be skipped that week. Isn't that what they usually do or no?

I don't think so. To the best of my recollection, on the CW Monday and Tuesday got new episodes during that week.  I want to say Wednesday as well but can't specifically remember. But then Thursday and Friday are off.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

Oh. I don't think The Flash has ever gone 9 straight episodes in a row to open the season, so I figured they'd skip one week in there somewhere in November.

2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

but the change makes me wary for some reason.  

This, along with the day and time change AND the whole airing on CTV one day early thing is already too much change for Arrow for me to handle at once, and we don't even have any real details for s6 yet!

• Love 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't think so. To the best of my recollection, on the CW Monday and Tuesday got new episodes during that week.  I want to say Wednesday as well but can't specifically remember. But then Thursday and Friday are off.  

Wednesday-Friday are reruns for Thanksgiving week.

21 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Oh. I don't think The Flash has ever gone 9 straight episodes in a row to open the season, so I figured they'd skip one week in there somewhere in November.

Flash doesn't run 9 straight episodes it usually breaks a week in November

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Flash doesn't run 9 straight episodes it usually breaks a week in November

Right, which is why I figured that break would probably be Thanksgiving week, especially if the other shows are going to be off too. 

That also means the winter finale would be a week later than usual, on December 12th.

Edited by ruby24
(edited)

Podcast interviews from HVFF-London, recorded on May 27 (separate interviews with the three actors) ...

Ep 54 - HVFF - Shantel VanSanten, Matt Ryan and Michael Rowe
by SuperNerds UK   June 3, 2017
https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/ianyoungkop/episodes/2017-06-03T07_10_58-07_00

-- Interviewer said that SA is "huge" and "towered over" him (interviewer said that he himself is 6 feet tall).

-- Interviewer said that sometimes you go to a comic con and "no one gives a shit." However, he said that at HVFF, everyone was smiling, laughing, and having fun.

-- SVS said that she didn't want to leave The Flash and that it was "very abrupt." She also said that, "in another universe," Patty Spivot and Barry Allen are together. (She didn't sound bitter or hurt, just disappointed. She and the interviewer were joking together.) 

-- MRyan said that when he auditioned for John Constantine, he had a heavy beard for a play that he was doing in London. So he didn't think they were going to cast him. But then they later asked him to go over the U.S. to audition again. His play finished, so he shaved his beard off. The audition process was long and he eventually landed the role.

-- MRyan said that when he got the call to come onto Arrow, he had a scheduling conflict with a play that he was doing at the time. So the Arrow producers rescheduled so that he could fly over, shoot Arrow, and then return to his play. He had to dye his hair for Constantine and then dye his hair back for the play.

-- MRyan talked about how he developed his Constantine accent.

-- MRyan was in Assassins Creed 4 videogame. He was also in Torchwood! He's just about to start a play in London, which he can't name because it hasn't been announced yet. He's also just got a script for the Constantine animated series for The CW Seed.

-- MRowe said that he grew up in a small town in Newfoundland, Canada. He said that he's always felt like he was musician and just fell into acting. When his band broke up, he needed to take a break from it so he moved to the West Coast to help his little brother make short films, maybe like be the camera man. But his brother needed actors, so he "jumped in front of the camera." He was in Vancouver and ended up "photo doubling" for Psych (doing over the shoulder shots). Then he decided to get an agent and take acting seriously.

-- MRowe told his story about auditioning for an Army sniper named "Flynn" (other guy auditioning had tattoos and he had no tattoos) and finding out he was playing Deadshot only after he got the role. He said that he did 3 episodes in S1 and 3 episodes in S2. He also said that there was a lot of talk of spinning off a Suicide Squad series. But it didn't happen because of the Suicide Squad movie. Instead, he got a Deadshot-heavy episode with flashbacks and got blown up. He said that they used Arrow as an "experiment" for the Suicide Squad movie. He also said that, as a fan, he really wanted the Suicide Squad movie to do well, but he thought that the movie "failed" because it "wasn't a good story," didn't have "well-developed characters," and didn't have a "good villain".

-- MRowe said that becoming Deadshot on Arrow made him "complacent" because even though he wasn't working much on the show, he knew he had that gig. But then his character got blown up and that forced him to "hustle." Since then, he's written his own series and produced his own film, and he's doing Ninjak. But if Arrow calls, he'll be happy to return to the show as Deadshot.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Even though The Mummy seems heading for the tomb, I'll still check it out because of Sofia Boutella.  I also not she's in a Jodie Foster vehicle called Hotel Artemis and so in Zachary Quinto, which gives me a weird hope that she'll reprise her role as Jaylah in the next Star Trek movie.

(edited)

Looks good (Marvel's theme: "a good man, with a good heart")...

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Orphan Black, Once Upon a Time, Hawaii Five-0 and more
NATALIE ABRAMS  JUNE 9, 2017 
http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/09/spoiler-room-orphan-black-once-upon-time-hawaii-five-0/

Will Amaya be in Legends of Tomorrow season 3? — Amy
Fear not, despite not being explicitly mentioned in the logline for season 3, Maisie Richardson-Sellers will be back as a series regular next season

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

I guess this means that they're not going to review any Arrowverse shows next season? How will we survive? (yes, that's sarcasm)...

13 Shows That Let Us Down This Season. Big Time.
TV Fanatic Staff at June 7, 2017  Updated at June 10, 2017   
https://www.tvfanatic.com/slideshows/13-shows-that-are-just-terrible-we-finally-admit-it/

Not every show on television can be a winner.

That may be an obvious statement, but it took us many viewings to finally come to that realization about the programs below.

We can now admit it, however. They stink. We'll never watch them again...

1. Arrow/ The Flash
.  .  .
Flash/Arrow: So much angst and I can barely care anymore. Part of me wants first season Oliver Queen to just come and put this season's Olly out of his misery with a couple of well-placed shots. Better yet, can we spin off into a series about sisters Talia and Nyssa al Ghul? Bad enough that Oliver's biggest struggle was with his own long-seeded guilt, but Barry's Big Bad was LITERALLY himself. And then he STILL had to pay the price for Flashpoint. I get that superheroes need to recognize their flaws to retain that accessibility and humanity but when did the super villains have to be so improbably, overwhelmingly superior? - Diana
4. Legends of Tomorrow
.  .  .
Aside from the must-watch crossover episodes, nothing significant ever happens on the show. While some of the characters are fun, there are too many of them. There are never any character arcs; only plot on top of the plot, most of which they manage to resolve in one hour, and then disregard. - Mandy
5. Supergirl
.  .  .
I'm trying, but I might have to pull the plug on Supergirl. It takes me weeks to watch an episode. It doesn't quite have the same charm that it did in its first season. Some of the best characters have been underused. Kara sometimes feels like she's taking a backseat on her own show. Her relationship situation is not appealing. The best thing about the season has been Maggie and Alex's relationship and Tyler Hoechlin as Superman. I'll catch them during crossovers. - Jasmine
12. CW DC Universe
.  .  .
I've watched my last superhero comic show on The CW. They are all so boring. Nothing new ever happens and the same stories play out over and over again. It's mind boggling that nobody can think of something new to do with such talented casts and a plethora of characters available tell them. Oh well. In this era of so-called "peak TV" there isn't any point in beating that drum any longer. - Carissa

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

^ ^ ^ And yet, from the same source...

11 Season Finales from That Rose Above the Rest
TV Fanatic Staff at June 5, 2017  Updated at June 7, 2017 
https://www.tvfanatic.com/slideshows/11-finales-from-2016-17-that-rose-above-the-rest/page-2.html

9. Supergirl
.  .  .
Supergirl Season 2 Episode 20, “Nevertheless, She Persisted,” was an incredible finale for a less-than-average season. It definitely showed that they saved their special effects budget, and the battle between Kara and Clark, with Kara being victorious, solidified Supergirl as a hero in her own right, if that hadn’t been done already. Plus, the best line of the entire series is Cat talking about Clark being a tiger in bed, and Kara walking away saying, “Oh God, I hope Rhea kills me.” All in all, the finale was a very satisfying conclusion to the season and wrapped up the Daxam story nicely. - Jay

16 Relationships That Won Our Hearts
TV Fanatic Staff at June 4, 2017 11:54 pm
https://www.tvfanatic.com/slideshows/16-relationships-that-won-our-hearts/

1. Barry Allen and Iris West - The Flash
.  .  .
Even with all the maddening, silly soap opera obstacles thrown in front of them, I still like the West-Allen ship on "The Flash." The writers have gradually given Iris more depth as a character, so I hope they will finally give her the attention she deserves. She's the glue that holds the STAR Labs Scooby Gang together, and she has the patience of a saint to still be with that dolt Barry Allen after all his selfish, misguided, idiotic antics. Hopefully, his time in the Speed Force prison will make him realize how lucky he is to have her, and we can finally have a proper romance between the two.
2. Alex and Maggie - Supergirl
.  .  .
Alex's coming out story and her relationship with Maggie has been one of the best parts of Supergirl Season 2. Simply put, they're absolutely adorable but more than that they love and support each other. When they have a conflict, they talk it out and deal with it maturely. Sure, they're moving a little fast, but they have jobs that keep them in constant danger. Life is short, so here's to a Sanvers wedding in Season 3! - Stacy

19 TV Twists No One Saw Coming This Season
TV Fanatic Staff at June 7, 2017   Updated at June 7, 2017
https://www.tvfanatic.com/slideshows/19-tv-twists-no-one-saw-coming-this-season/

5. Arrow - Slade Not Betraying Oliver
.  .  .
I have to hand it to the writers of Arrow for this little gem from the finale. Many fans were certain that Oliver asking Slade Wilson for help saving his family and friends would end with Slade inevitably betraying Ollie. Last time we saw Slade, after all, he was still ranting about revenge and making Oliver suffer, after all. So who would've expected the audacity of Slade betraying Oliver not once, but twice in the finale -- and been faking it both times? - Kathleen
10. The Flash - Savitar Revealed
.  .  .
Savitar being revealed to be a time remnant of Barry Allen was an interesting turn of events. After all of Barry's meddling with time and creating Flashpoint, it was a suitable explanation and didn't feel like the writers just pulled it out of thin air. - Steve

15 Devasting TV Moments That Crushed Our Hearts
TV Fanatic Staff at June 5, 2017 6:21 pm.
https://www.tvfanatic.com/slideshows/15-devasting-tv-moments-that-crushed-our-hearts/page-2.html

8. Tearful Goodbye - Supergirl
.  .  .
Mon-El and Kara's tearful goodbye just before he climbed in the pod and left Earth was incredibly heartbreaking. Kara was forced to release lead into the atmosphere to get rid of the Daxamite invaders, but unfortunately, that meant the Earth is now toxic to Mon-El too. The two shared a final kiss and exchanged "I love yous" before he was forced to leave. We can only hope they will find a way to bring him back. - Stacy

Edited by tv echo

Ummm, not sure how I feel about agreeing with so much of the 13 Shows That Let Us Down. 

I don't know if it's just because I watch too much TV but I thought the Slade triple crosses were painfully obvious and blatantly telegraphed. I would have been surprised if he actually had betrayed Oliver. 

• Love 1
(edited)

TV Fanatic works on a different brainline than I do.  The only thing that devastated me about the Supergirl finale is the knowledge that he's going to be back next season to steal more time from the characters I care about.  I also thought that Alex/Maggie was badly underwritten but hey they needed the time for Mon El.

15 hours ago, johntfs said:

Even though The Mummy seems heading for the tomb, I'll still check it out because of Sofia Boutella.  I also not she's in a Jodie Foster vehicle called Hotel Artemis and so in Zachary Quinto, which gives me a weird hope that she'll reprise her role as Jaylah in the next Star Trek movie.

Don't worry, according to my stations reviewer The Mummy is just the start of the franchise.  It may have tanked here because it was so bad but it opened #1 in China and that's such a  huge market it drives it's own way.  It's also why you won't see any big Richard Gere movies any more, because they can't play in China due to his association with the Dalai Lama.

Adam West has died at age 88 of lymphoma leukemia.  Possibly the campiest of all Batmans, he starred in 120 episodes of the TV show and a couple of movies in the 1960s(a time before action heroes needed to ripped judging by his costume).

Edited by statsgirl

So let me get this straight. Tv fanatics reasons for why WestAllen is the greatest ship ever is that Barry is a selfish jerk but Iris puts up with it without complaining. Sounds legitimate. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

So let me get this straight. Tv fanatics reasons for why WestAllen is the greatest ship ever is that Barry is a selfish jerk but Iris puts up with it without complaining. Sounds legitimate. 

Which explains why they hated Felicity for **standing up for herself.    

**no pun intended.

• Love 3

Question- I was reading the Supergirl bit and did they really establish that Cat Grant and Clark had a sexual relationship in the past?  Was he not with Lois? (Don't watch Supergirl) 

(edited)
27 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Question- I was reading the Supergirl bit and did they really establish that Cat Grant and Clark had a sexual relationship in the past?  Was he not with Lois? (Don't watch Supergirl) 

No, Cat was just visualizing.  I'm pretty sure that line about him being a tiger in the sack was meant as her speculation.  

Here's the line:  "Oh, those big green eyes...I promise you when he takes off those glasses he is a tiger in bed."

The "I promise you" came off as if she'd said "I bet you" so like she was positive, but it was without actual confirmation.  

And it's confirmed he is with Lois and pretty much he'd trade the world for her if it came down to it.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

I thought Cat kept saying that she was willing when Clark is interested but he never was.

37 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

It takes a special kind of fan to have that be the reason they won your heart.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

And it's confirmed he is with Lois and pretty much he'd trade the world for her if it came down to it.  

As some one who loved Lois and Clark in the tv series Smallville and the Man of Steel franchise ... Awwwww ❤️

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

As some one who loved Lois and Clark in the tv series Smallville and the Man of Steel franchise ... Awwwww ❤️

I'll never get over how much I hated them together in Smallville but I refuse to let that ruin the couple for me in the other incarnations.  I hope someday we meet Supergirl's Lois, they've already done pretty well, just in how this Clark talks about her.  :D  

• Love 4

I forgot the original Lois and Clark show too! Cheesy but I still loved them. And the animated series version (even though they weren't really romantic) and the original movie versions! Haha

For me it has nothing to do with canon just that I've found almost every portrayal I've watched of Lois and Clark I've enjoyed *shrug*

(edited)

I came across this old Flash podcast interview with Blake Neely from SDCC 2016 and was reminded of a previous discussion in this thread about how Barry and Iris' romance - at least the way it was written on The Flash - seemed to happen only because of comics destiny (transcript was done by a fan)...

AM: When you’re creating a relationship theme for, our fans on Twitter-
BN: Oh, the Olicity thing? Oh, no-
AM: WestAllen themes.
BN: Oh, yeah, yeah.
AM: So when you’re creating that how do you blend their two together? How do you create a separate theme?
BN: Okay, so sometime – That’s a really good question. It really depends, sometimes, um – I have to go off-topic form [sic] Flash and talk about Arrow. So, with Arrow, what I decided is everything relates to Oliver. Everything. In some way. Even if it’s a new character seen, in some way it’s gotta relate to Oliver, cause it’s all about him, and his experience. With Flash it’s a little different because it feels a little more ensemble, it’s all about Barry, but it’s a little bit more ensemble-
AM: Team Flash.
BN: Yeah. So, in that sense, it doesn’t have to be a love theme from, like, Oliver’s viewpoint, it can be a love theme from both Iris and Barry’s. So I don’t have to combine their themes, like, their love theme was – The first theme was really Barry’s, and now I’m starting to develop more a love theme between them, and it’s just, there’s not like a combination between them, it’s just like, their love theme. Instead of saying ‘This is Iris’ and Flash coming together’, you know what I mean, it’s like this is a love theme for them.
AM: And did you – has it evolved as a result of Grant and Candice’s chemistry, or is that something that you, it just fit the storytelling?
BN: It’s all about fitting the storytelling
. I mean, we all say that a lot, but it is about just following the storytelling. And it just felt like – just wrote a theme and then write for the scene and then it did for that scene, and then the next time they came together let’s try it again but evolve it a little bit, maybe it can blossom and, um…But what I do try to do is stay in their sonic world, you know, so if I’m using, say, you know, it would be a little bit weird if I’ve never used, like, piano on Barry to suddenly his love theme has piano. So I try to stay, instrumentation-wise, connected to the characters.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I am so happy that WW is doing as well as it is. 45% drop in its second week is practically unheard of for a superhero film.

Yep.

Warner Bros./DC’s Wonder Woman continues to be the popular ticket with her second Saturday of $24.3M +53% over Friday. This puts the Patty Jenkins-directed movie on course for a second weekend of $57.2M, which by the way is more than what Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad both made in their second weekends (respectively $51.3M and $43.5M). That’s remarkable when you consider that both titles posted bigger openings ($166M, $133.6M) than Wonder Woman ($103.2M).

Should these figures maintain their pace into tomorrow, Wonder Woman‘s second weekend will dip 45%, which is an amazing hold for a superhero movie beating the 50%-60% average decline we typically see for Marvel fare in its second weekend. The Gal Gadot movie should stand at $205M by EOD today in U.S./Canada. Among all WB/DC superhero features’ second weekends at the B.O., Wonder Woman will file behind Dark Knight ($75.1M) and Dark Knight Rises ($62.1M).

http://deadline.com/2017/06/wonder-woman-whipping-tom-cruise-mummy-weekend-box-office-1202111169/

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/6/2017 at 6:23 PM, Lady Calypso said:

As long as she's not replacing Amaya and as long as she's not paired with Ray, then I am totally willing to see where her character goes.

As long as its written well and believably, I don't mind who she's with, if anybody, including Ray.  It might be interesting to see her with Jax.  He's kind of been shut out of the romance stakes since Season One.  

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 3