Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

The Great Canadian Baking Show

I thought for sure Meghan had it in the bag, until they commented multiple times that there wasn't enough filling in her owl pastries.

I didn't think Sachin would win because his wasn't as creative as the other two, even though I would love to eat it! His was basically a regular tower.

Congrats to Andrei, and can't wait till the next season.

• Like 2

Sachin deserved star baker but I was most enthralled with Andrei's winter wonderland, that was simply gorgeous. 

Andrei, Sachin and Megan would be one of the strongest final three's I can remember. Too bad one of them doesn't live in New Zealand, cuz that version could use some more talent! 

Hope Andrei gets some rest cuz he seemed exhausted. 

I don't know who I'm rooting for, but I did notice them giving Megan a lot of camera time tonight. I just want whomever does the best on the day to win it. 

Agree about the charcoal, I just took it the other day to counteract a new medication that caused immediate stomach upset. 

Who I wanted to win fluctuated throughout the show, which is a good sign in a finale. But Andrei's tower was impressive, and it seems to have had the best flavor, so it is only fitting that whoever was best on the day take it. Good job, show! 

Is there a nicer guy than Sachin? My goodness he is a positive, graceful man. I think the loss hit Megan harder cuz she really wanted to win, but now she is getting orders for cakes! Good on her! 

Okay, still got to finish The Great Kiwi Bake Off, and the U.S. holiday version is starting this week. YAY! 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

U.S. holiday version is starting this week.

Hadn't heard that. Is it a PBS thing or the usual Food Network one?

Food Network currently has Holiday Baking Championship going, which I like. 

ABC Network will have Great American Baking Show (or whatever they call our version) Holiday Edition.

14 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Okay, still got to finish The Great Kiwi Bake Off, and the U.S. holiday version is starting this week. YAY! 

I see that you posted it's going to be on ABC. Do you know which night it starts? Thx.

I've had my class watching the second season of this show, and they are totally hooked. My class of normally chatting, off-task Gr. 12's were silent--cheering when their favourites won, and audibly gasping when baked goods fell. They were super excited to see that chocolate souffle was a technical challenge, as they had recently made one.  We'll finish up the semester with the final. I had them predict at the beginning who they thought would win, and now they'll see whether or not they were right.  Looking forward to next season!

• Like 1