Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Jensen featured in the online Men's Style Magazine D'Marge:

These Men’s Hairstyles Were The Coolest In June 2017:

The freshest cuts are in. We’re not talking cold cuts but certainly cool cuts. Every month we scour the celebrity world for some folicular inspiration and best men’s haircuts so that your next barber appointment won’t leave you walking out like Leo DiCaprio post-bear attack scene. 

Leading the way is old mate David Beckham who is showing men how to pull off a pony tail in 2017, followed closely by Oliver Cheshire, Matt Bomer and Harry Styles all championing the longer mid-length styles for those who want a bit of that wind-swept look. 

There’s even something for the guys with thin or receding hair thanks to the strategic cuts of Christian Slater and Rami Malek. Those after the cleaner look will be spoilt for choice with Jensen Ackles, Jon Hamm, Zac Efron and Josh Duhamel all doing their best interpretation of the modern quiff. 

For those looking for something a bit out there without looking like you’ve given up on life, give Jason Derulo’s conservative dreadlock hairstyle a try. It’s not low maintenance but it will set you apart in the best way possible.

Need more inspiration? Check out the best hairstyles of May or drop into our extensive hair grooming section for everything you need to know about hair. 

https://www.dmarge.com/2017/06/best-mens-haircuts-june.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=SocialWarfare#gsi-12

30 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

They're both adorable!  I wonder where they are?  Maybe they went to downtown Austin to watch the parade?

I feel like we've seen this setting before, maybe the pics of JJ doing handprints on the glass? It's familiar to me anyway, although I don't know where it is.

I find it cool that while Arrow & Zepp are little mini-mes of their mom & dad (respectively), JJ seems like the perfect blend of them both.

3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I find it cool that while Arrow & Zepp are little mini-mes of their mom & dad (respectively), JJ seems like the perfect blend of them both.

Yeah, their kids really are beautiful.  I guess that's not too surprising, considering who their parents are.

I just noticed Jensen's shorts...

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MysteryGuest said:

Yeah, their kids really are beautiful.  I guess that's not too surprising, considering who their parents are.

I was really, really trying to be good and not mention the shorts.... }-)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I was really, really trying to be good and not mention the shorts.... }-)

Well now, where's the fun in that?  They do seem a bit shorter than the normal ones we've seen him in...not that I'm complaining, mind you.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I feel like we've seen this setting before, maybe the pics of JJ doing handprints on the glass? It's familiar to me anyway, although I don't know where it is.

That's what I was thinking which I thought was in Vancouver. Maybe they've gone up before filming starts?

1 hour ago, MysteryGuest said:

Dammit, I didn't notice them .....until now! LOL

43 minutes ago, bethy said:

Daneel's photo says Austin? I wonder if they rented a place downtown for the fireworks over the lake tonight.

It might say Austin but that could just be her default location. Like on my phone, I don't always have the location turned on so it will just default to wherever I was last.

5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It might say Austin but that could just be her default location. Like on my phone, I don't always have the location turned on so it will just default to wherever I was last.

Ah. I wasn't sure how accurate that location might be. Good to know!

22 minutes ago, bethy said:

Ah. I wasn't sure how accurate that location might be. Good to know!

It could be Austin. Could be anywhere. I just thought it looked like that pic of JJ when she was younger in the highrise which I thought was them in Vancouver, but I could be wrong too.

I would think they'd still be home, enjoying the last few weeks of vacation.  We've heard no news about Jensen directing, so I guess the rumor that he changed his mind was true.  Has his beer company had their grand opening yet?  

18 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I would think they'd still be home, enjoying the last few weeks of vacation.  We've heard no news about Jensen directing, so I guess the rumor that he changed his mind was true.  Has his beer company had their grand opening yet?  

Yeah, and there was a tweet today about location scouting and I'm sure Jensen would be there for that if he were directing. :( I guess it's possible he'll do one later in the season instead, but who knows. Can't help but feel a little sad.

1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yeah, and there was a tweet today about location scouting and I'm sure Jensen would be there for that if he were directing. :( I guess it's possible he'll do one later in the season instead, but who knows. Can't help but feel a little sad.

I'd rather he not direct at all than be stuck directing a crap script again.  I know they claim that the director's don't get to pick and choose their scripts but wasn't there something that came out about one of writers saying he wrote specifically with a particular director in mind. I could be wrong but have a recollection of that. 

Hmm, okay, so I'm feeling kinda sorta stalkery here, but that photo of JJ was bugging me, so I went to look. It does seem like the same setting, and while this location isn't identified either, I think that building in the background could be the BDC in Vancouver? Which could mean he *is* there? Total wild-ass speculation on my part, because why would he be in Canada for the 4th of July? Unless....

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'd rather he not direct at all than be stuck directing a crap script again.  I know they claim that the director's don't get to pick and choose their scripts but wasn't there something that came out about one of writers saying he wrote specifically with a particular director in mind. I could be wrong but have a recollection of that. 

As far as I know, the directors are scheduled before the writers start writing. So, they don't get to pick their directors, but they would know who the director and some could try and write to the director's strengths. 

That's the photo I was thinking of. The buildings don't look dissimilar.

OHHHH new head!canon. What if that is in Vancouver, and he's actually filming for Deadpool2 and he's not telling anyone.   And that is why he couldn't direct! OHHH LET ME HAVE MY DREAM, PLEASE. (I'm not serious about this. SO PLEASE DO NOT DISABUSE ME OF MY THOUGHTS!

2 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

As far as I know, the directors are scheduled before the writers start writing. So, they don't get to pick their directors, but they would know who the director and some could try and write to the director's strengths. 

Maybe that's what I was thinking about.

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

That's the photo I was thinking of. The buildings don't look dissimilar.

OHHHH new head!canon. What if that is in Vancouver, and he's actually filming for Deadpool2 and he's not telling anyone.   And that is why he couldn't direct! OHHH LET ME HAVE MY DREAM, PLEASE. (I'm not serious about this. SO PLEASE DO NOT DISABUSE ME OF MY THOUGHTS!

Sadly, I think the most recent picture could have been taken in just about any high-rise in any city.  But since I actually thoroughly enjoyed Deadpool, I'll join you in your head canon, Catrox, and we'll just go with that until proven otherwise.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm also joining your head cannon @catrox14

There doesn't seem to be a date set for the Brewery opening yet, but Misha was live streaming the other day and Danneel called and invited him to something.  Most people are speculating that its the opening. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1

It would be fun if Jensen's label could be featured on the show - but I guess that would break a zillion copyright rules.  But "Family Business" beer would fit right in with the theme of the show.

15 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Misha was live streaming the other day and Danneel called and invited him to something.

You could hear Danneel on the other end and she sounded so excited.  Hope they post a few photos.  Best of luck to Jensen and his family members in this endeavour, hope the brew is a big success.  I wonder if it will be available in Canada? (I don't even like beer, wine's my thang)

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I wonder if it will be available in Canada? (I don't even like beer, wine's my thang)

I think he said they were starting out with just a local distribution, and would see how things go from there.

9 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

It would be fun if Jensen's label could be featured on the show - but I guess that would break a zillion copyright rules.  But "Family Business" beer would fit right in with the theme of the show.

That would be great! And a bonus to the owner of "Family Business Beer" as well. ;) I know nothing about copyright or trade mark rules, however.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

That would be great! And a bonus to the owner of "Family Business Beer" as well. ;) I know nothing about copyright or trade mark rules, however.

Copyright shouldn't have anything to do with beer, except possibly the design of the label, which should be owned by the company.  The name could be trademarked, but I assume Jensen/his company owns that.  Shows use "product placement" all the time which is considered a form of advertising.  There's generally a cost involved, so I would guess it would depend on the CW/WB allowing it for free or Jensen's company being willing to pay.  Apparently, there are also some rules about the types of products shown (like cigarettes) so there may be an issue with beer.  Might be interesting to see?

I like that the show makes up their own beer and stores and restaurants. I like it because it's just so "Supernatural"  and their own world.  i feel like Jensen's beer would be out of place there. But that's just me.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, catrox14 said:

i feel like Jensen's beer would be out of place there.

I think 90% of the audience wouldn't even pick up on it if the beer label said 'Family Business'.  It would be a nice shout out to us - his special fans.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think 90% of the audience wouldn't even pick up on it if the beer label said 'Family Business'.  It would be a nice shout out to us - his special fans.

I guess to me that feels more like advertising his product vs being a nice shout out. Now if he wants to send us all free samples of his product, then sure, sign me up!  It would just bug me just like it bugged me when AKF was on the  building in We Happy Few (I think) in s11.

56 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Misha is looking buff these days!

Yes he does--I guess next to the J's it's hard to stand out but Misha is holding his own there(he also usually wears baggier clothing).  I'm sure the ladies approve.  Maybe he's getting ready to take on Lucifer.

(edited)
4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I guess to me that feels more like advertising his product vs being a nice shout out. Now if he wants to send us all free samples of his product, then sure, sign me up!  It would just bug me just like it bugged me when AKF was on the  building in We Happy Few (I think) in s11.

Why though? Isn't it kind of nice for him to get a little perk like that, as well as the 'insider' thing for the fans? I'm not sure what's wrong with a little free publicity....

----

Rob's band, Louden Swain is putting out a LIVE album of the Saturday Night Special!!!

Jensen will be included (Whipping Post), along with Rich, Matt, Osric, Kim, Brianna, Gil and Ruth! How exciting!

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Why though? Isn't it kind of nice for him to get a little perk like that, as well as the 'insider' thing for the fans? I'm not sure what's wrong with a little free publicity....

I dunno. Just rubs me the wrong way. That's all. I don't begrudge him the Family Business Beer Co name at all. I think it's very smart of him to use that TBH kind of like Stephen Amell used 'Nocking Point' for his wine company with all names being somewhat aligned with Arrow.  I would be bugged if Amell had his wine show up in Arrow too.  I feel like it's too much? I dunno, that's all. Or if Misha decided to put actual GISHWHES references into the show in some way.  Or if they named a bar in the show the SanJac Saloon. Just would bug me.

The beer company is already getting good free publicity when Misha posts a picture wearing of himself wearing a Family Business Beer Co cap, that's seen by his millions of minions. Same when Zach Levi wears the Family Business T-shirt and posts a pic of it.

I can't really explain it other than it just feels like that is a step I'd rather not see. It's not like I'm going to be angry if it happens or anything. 

• Love 3

It would rub me the wrong way, too. To me, it wouldn't feel like a shout-out, it would feel like a marketing push and IMO come off a little too sleazy salesman-y. YMMV.

(edited)

I just don't get how a beer label or a sign on the wall equates to sleazy. Maybe if they mentioned it by name it would be too much, but jeez, these kinds of things have been part of the set decoration/props throughout the show. MMDDV. Tough crowd, lol

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 8
(edited)
15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I just don't get how a beer label or a sign on the wall equates to sleazy. Maybe if they mentioned it by name it would be too much, but jeez, these kinds of things have been part of the set decoration/props throughout the show. MMDDV.

For me, it's a bit  TOO meta for me. That's why I like all the fake beers, bars, restaurants, diners everything minus actual cities, towns, and Pop Culture references, all serve to create their own funky universe. For me FBBC or SanJacSaloon (and Nocking Point wine) or GISHWHES references would take me out of that universe in a way that  pop culture references  don't.  I don't think it would be sleazy or gross, it would just bug me.

Edited by catrox14
(edited)
20 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

For me, it's a bit  TOO meta for me. That's why I like all the fake beers, bars, restaurants, diners everything minus actual cities, towns, and Pop Culture references, all serve to create their own funky universe. For me FBBC or SanJacSaloon (and Nocking Point wine) or GISHWHES references would take me out of that universe in a way that  pop culture references  don't.  I don't think it would be sleazy or gross, it would just bug me.

Both Jensen's sister and Jared's parents, non-actors, have appeared as extras. Only fans would know that; is it cute or nepotism? It doesn't seem ant different to me, just a bit of inside fun for the diehard fans. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Both Jensen's sister and Jared's parents, non-actors, have appeared as extras. Only fans would know that; is it cute or nepotism? It doesn't seem ant different to me, just a bit of inside fun for the diehard fans. 

And Jensen's dad had a speaking role in the show. I think it is both nepotism and cute. It's something he's doing for his family members out of love. 

That said, I'm actually modifying my opinion on this upon further review.

Stephen Amell tied up Nocking Point wine with the show with a launch party and they showed an episode of Arrow IIRC, in Walla Walla Washington where the vineyards are located. He used the viewing parties to raise money for the Fuck Cancer campaign. And a portion of the proceeds of all the wine they sell goes to the Fuck Cancer.  But the wines were never featured in the show directly that I can recall. I think he's having a Nocking Point party in Nashville this weekend at their Heroes and Villains convention.

So, maybe J2 could do something similar. Just own that FBBC is tied to SPN, have a launch party in Austin at the brewery, or even at Jared's bar, invite fans, even have give away some tickets for fans in the area and then raise a ton of money for a worthy cause. Tie it to the show, outside of placing the product in the show itself.  

That would be a reasonable compromise for me :)

2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Seems very different to me, because that's not money grubbing. Or even financially motivated. Whereas someone using his workplace and his workplace's client base to launch/sell his own business product does come off as money grubbing to me. And not entirely kosher.

The disconnect is that I don't think it would be inside fun or a shout out or anything positive toward fans at all, I would see it as a straightforward attempt to line their own pockets using the show's fan base. "Buy this beer -- as seen on hit show SUPERNATURAL!" Etc.

If people want to buy their products, that's well and good (I'd like to go to Jared's bar if/when I'm ever in Austin!), but I think literally having their businesses/products on the show is tacky. To each her own.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, rue721 said:

Seems very different to me, because that's not money grubbing. Or even financially motivated. Whereas someone using his workplace and his workplace's client base to launch/sell his own business product does come off as money grubbing to me. And not entirely kosher.

The disconnect is that I don't think it would be inside fun or a shout out or anything positive toward fans at all, I would see it as a straightforward attempt to line their own pockets using the show's fan base. "Buy this beer -- as seen on hit show SUPERNATURAL!" Etc.

If people want to buy their products, that's well and good (I'd like to go to Jared's bar if/when I'm ever in Austin!), but I think literally having their businesses/products on the show is tacky. To each her own.

While I'm sure they could find a subtle and fun way to include it, I do agree that placing your product is very different than giving your siblings a role as an extra. I'm not sure how it would even be a shout-out to his special fans since the beer company has nothing to do with fandom or the show.

And, I agree with @catrox14 in that I always appreciate their "original" ale names they come up with. To me, that's a fun shout out to the fans more than anything.

(edited)
11 hours ago, rue721 said:

Maybe it's the 'sleazy' and 'money-grubbing' thing I don't get. The original thought (IIRC) was that it would be cute if a Family Business beer showed up discreetly. No neon signs saying BUY ME, SUCKERS!!!! I'd wager the vast majority of viewers would have no idea that the label is even real, let alone belongs to Jensen, if they even noticed it at all.

They all tweet/facebook/instagram, etc., to their fans about outside interests. Jensen and the beer company, Jared and his bar, all the many, many charity requests. That, at the most base and jaded description, is 'using' the fans. (I don't feel that way, at all.)  Not a dang beer bottle for a company that isn't even open yet, and will only be selling locally when they do.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 7