Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

What is the 'something we've always wanted to explore' that they're excited about? Is it a heart to heart with a resurrected John Winchester?

Jensen went from Crazy Hat to Grandpa Jensen in just one day.  Don't ever accuse this guy of  being boring.

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 1

There wasn't a whole lot terribly new in Gold. One interesting thing was them talking about not feeling safe for renewal on the show until after Dawn Ostroff left the CW. They suggested she didn't know who they were despite being on the longest running show for the network. Said she offered up a show with a lead character/ghost hunter named Sam. And Jensen said something along the lines of her sending the show to Friday's to die but they didn't. 

2 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

Said she offered up a show with a lead character/ghost hunter named Sam. And Jensen said something along the lines of her sending the show to Friday's to die but they didn'

Yeah they had a showed named Reaper. Ostroff wanted SPN dead dead dead

2 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

There wasn't a whole lot terribly new in Gold. One interesting thing was them talking about not feeling safe for renewal on the show until after Dawn Ostroff left the CW. They suggested she didn't know who they were despite being on the longest running show for the network. Said she offered up a show with a lead character/ghost hunter named Sam. And Jensen said something along the lines of her sending the show to Friday's to die but they didn't. 

During her reign, there was a lot of talk online that she was looking for any excuse to dump Supernatural. I'm convince that Warner Bros. is the only reason they're still on the air. WB liked the revenue from DVDs - both nationally and overseas. Dawn, if I recall correctly, insisted that they bring Jo and Bela aboard for the "young women's appeal". Ugh!

• Love 1

What the heck? Live Free Twi Hard wasn't WTF

Scoobynatural was the least WTF. They've already been sucked into TVLand which was WTF. 

The only ones I agree with are Monster at the End of this Book, Changing Channels, Fan Fiction and French Mistake.

To me  other WTF eps are Sam being killed and Dean selling his soul, Dean going to Hell,  Dean getting out of Hell by angel resurrection. The Real Ghostbusters. the rise of Demon Dean.

Paris Hilton was definitely a WTF for me :)

I think these make sense when compared to more traditional series. And frankly, they are also the wildcards - aka not the main arcs or MOTW - even in this show.  It is fortunate for us that Supernatural generally knocks the wildcards out of the park. 

• Love 1

I don`t think some of those are too weird. The ultra-meta episodes, maybe, but the vampire one? Just for having a few popculture jokes?

Besides, unless this show had a giant blue cuddly toy defeat a demon with cuddles (and ninja moves), they don`t even know what weird truly is.  :) 

In terms of SPN as a whole some of these episodes weren't what I would call WTF. Twihard made us question if Sam came back wrong from the cage  before we realized he had no soul, Monster at the End of this Book added to the Lilith storyline and introduced prophets as well as a new recurring character in Chuck, Mystery Spot was The Trickster playing into Sam's fear of losing Dean when his deal was due, Changing Channels was more Trickster mischief to further his "lessons" and Fallen Idols was no different from other cases with Pagan Gods; they just seemed to choose it because of the Paris Hilton cameo. Fan Fiction and French Mistake were pretty WTF but the others are pretty standard SPN fare IMO.

Edited by DeeDee79
"were" not "was" duh...
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

Doesn't sound like I like Dawn. But I loved both Jo and Bela. 

I should have been more specific. I also enjoyed the ladies in small doses. It was the fact that the show had no choice in the matter that bothered me. And that the writers had to find ways to shoe-in the characters even if the story didn't call for them. That's my beef - not with the actors or characters.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Besides, unless this show had a giant blue cuddly toy defeat a demon with cuddles (and ninja moves), they don`t even know what weird truly is.  :) 

I dunno. They did have a giant suicidal Teddy Bear who couldn't kill himself.  Of course, I now want a grudge match between that giant blue cuddly toy and the suicidal Teddy Bear LOL

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I don`t think some of those are too weird. The ultra-meta episodes, maybe, but the vampire one? Just for having a few popculture jokes?

Exactly! If they wanted to add a truly WTF ep then they should have included Wishful Thinking for the suicidal teddy bear alone.

• Love 3

Of course, I now want a grudge match between that giant blue cuddly toy and the suicidal Teddy Bear LOL

Beebo would win this, though, no contest. Or the suicidal bear would just fall in love.  :)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

Beebo would win this, though, no contest. Or the suicidal bear would just fall in love.  :)

But could Beebo win without the Legends?  LOL, I'm not so sure. That said I fully support Beddy ship.

11 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I should have been more specific. I also enjoyed the ladies in small doses. It was the fact that the show had no choice in the matter that bothered me. And that the writers had to find ways to shoe-in the characters even if the story didn't call for them. That's my beef - not with the actors or characters.

Well at least those two were written well, directive aside. I do miss some female representation on the show. I like to see Sam and Dean flirt a bit. 

• Love 2

I believe the mandate for the female characters was in S3 and was for Bela and Ruby. Although, I do imagine the show probably intended to do a Ruby-like character--someone who gets in between Sam and Dean--but I believe Jo was not mandated.

Dawn Ostroff was interested in female driven programming and Supernatural was the exact opposite of what she wanted so it got the shaft more often than not. Considering the wave of female programming cropping up now, one could say she was ahead of her time. I wouldn't say it, but I think it could be argued.

The hat is a bolero. Spanish cowboy hat.  It mixes the 2018 on-trend "wide brim" with his Texas roots (cowboy) IMO. I can see him genuinely owning this hat -- he appears to like hats and has the swagger to carry it off (again, an opinion). Now, it's possible they also all went out shopping this weekend and bought some hats at a western wear store, but I bet Jensen keeps the hat and like a good Texan, he'll wear it with a suit in the future.  

• Love 3

Thanks for the video link.  Honestly, the show has MORE than 10 WTF episodes, which is kinda amazing unto itself.  I can see Twihard being on the list due to the teaser Twilight parody and Dean revisiting that after he's turned. I think Wishful Thinking is a far better choice but I see the WTF-factor.   

• Love 2

Nice complement from Den of Geek:

Supernatural might be the most immortal genre show on TV. At the CW's 2017 upfront event, CW President Mark Pedowitz described it as "indestructible." And with good reason. It has continued to take chances even though a show that's twelve seasons in doesn't necessarily have to, and it maintains one of the strongest, most loyal fanbases on TV.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/supernatural/261318/supernatural-season-13-episode-19-promo-and-details

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, SueB said:

Thanks for the video link.  Honestly, the show has MORE than 10 WTF episodes, which is kinda amazing unto itself.  I can see Twihard being on the list due to the teaser Twilight parody and Dean revisiting that after he's turned. I think Wishful Thinking is a far better choice but I see the WTF-factor.   

You're quite welcome!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SueB said:

The hat is a bolero. Spanish cowboy hat.  It mixes the 2018 on-trend "wide brim" with his Texas roots (cowboy) IMO. I can see him genuinely owning this hat -- he appears to like hats and has the swagger to carry it off (again, an opinion). Now, it's possible they also all went out shopping this weekend and bought some hats at a western wear store, but I bet Jensen keeps the hat and like a good Texan, he'll wear it with a suit in the future.  

Generally a bolero has a smooth, flat top, while Jensen's hat has the form in it. Most of the examples of it I see refer to it as a kind of Stetson, but this seems to be the closest, a 'gambler hat'.

https://www.aztexhats.com/products/1058-aztex-elko-modified-gambler-hat/

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SueB said:

If he pairs it with an appropriate outfit, maybe it will look better. IMO, that was not his best look. lOL

10 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Generally a bolero has a smooth, flat top, while Jensen's hat has the form in it. Most of the examples of it I see refer to it as a kind of Stetson, but this seems to be the closest, a 'gambler hat'.

https://www.aztexhats.com/products/1058-aztex-elko-modified-gambler-hat/

Surely Tumblr has sorted out this hat.

5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Yeah they had a showed named Reaper.

I remember Reaper. I watched a few eps and it wasn't a bad show but it wasn't as good as Supernatural IMO. Maybe it was the lack of Jensen :)

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

If he pairs it with an appropriate outfit, maybe it will look better. IMO, that was not his best look. lOL

I hear what you're saying, but honestly if he'd walked out in full cowboy garb, I think that would have been even weirder.  The guy likes hats, and while this wasn't my favorite, it wasn't the worst, either, IMO.  I personally don't get the whole beanie thing in the middle of summer and don't particularly care for that look on Jensen, but he refuses to consult with me before he goes out on stage.  

I haven't really found a video where the sound was very good for last night's performance.  Even the panels seem to have muffled sound.  Or I'm going deaf, one or the other.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

The hat needs hair.  Jensen's Dean haircut doesn't work with that style.

Maybe that's it.  He does tend to look bald sometimes when he wears certain hats...beanies, some ball caps, etc.  

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

This is really sad....shouldn't she be guarded?  Like all the time.

I'm willing to wager that Jensen has a monitor on his phone so he can check on it all the time. LOL

• Love 3
On 4/20/2018 at 8:49 AM, Bobcatkitten said:

Some last night pics - one from Jared and one of Jensen and a crew member. 

insta last night.jpg

jensen last night.jpg

I'm looking closely at Jensen's legs here.

Spoiler

I thought he was wearing bike shorts at first but I think it's part of his wardrobe and makeup. I wonder about that rigging on his back  Blood bag?

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I'm looking closely at Jensen's legs here.

Reveal hidden contents

I thought he was wearing bike shorts at first but I think it's part of his wardrobe and makeup. I wonder about that rigging on his back  Blood bag?

I posed a similar question on Twitter and got some interesting responses. Some thought it was shadow and sunlight most thought similar to your spoiler. I just don't understand why they would do that through jeans or pants when they are so good at prosthetic injuries. Look at what they did with his leg in who we are last season. It looks like there was bleach spilled on them somehow. It's weird.