Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

(edited)

From the CW Upfronts

Not a single mention of Supernatural by Pedowitz. In a Twitter convo, Clarissa (writer of the article) insists we shouldn't read anything into it because the upfronts are ostensibly about new shows, but still... Has that ever happened before? At the least, it's not exactly a ringing endorsement, IMO of course. 

ETA: in that convo Clarissa also said she didn't think J2 would be there, and didn't expect to see them at an upfront again unless/until there was a big announcement to be made, or the series end. Ten minutes later, both Js showed up. *hold me*

Edited by gonzosgirrl

Both Js are at the CW Upfronts.

1 hour ago, rue721 said:

Ok sorry Jensen, but I hate the haircut. Too Ryan Seacrest-y!!

He had the same haircut this time last year and it grew in nicely :)  (thankfully)

• Love 3

My fantasy brain pretends his hair is for a secret movie role in a franchise that took two years to film which he films in Europe after JIBcon.

Leave me to my fantasies , thank you very much.

Jensen dresses so well. Goddamn he's handsome.

• Love 3

I'm wondering why they are both at the Upfronts. They are an old show now and usually the Upfronts are all about the new shows. I am slightly concerned because Jared promised a surprise today. Hope they aren't going to announce it is the last season!

12 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

I'm wondering why they are both at the Upfronts. They are an old show now and usually the Upfronts are all about the new shows. I am slightly concerned because Jared promised a surprise today. Hope they aren't going to announce it is the last season!

My spec:

Jared is announcing another AKF campaign, and they may announce that either s13 or s14 will be the end for them but that the show's legacy will leave behind dun dun dun - a spinoff.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

A "last season" announcement would be a big deal with them on stage.

I THINK this may be part of their contract.  As in, they show up at "X" amount of public appearances for the CW every year.  And from the CW perspective, they probably like having the stars schmooz with the advertisers.  Honestly, the "Upfronts" are to sell advertising.  How MANY will flock to the boys and be swayed?

I'm not joking.  There's some serious man-crush on them out there.

Where's @Morrigan2575?  He's our expert.

• Love 3

I actually don't think I'd mind a last season announcement. If they could do it properly. Which I have very little confidence they could at this point. So....

(edited)
2 minutes ago, SueB said:

A "last season" announcement would be a big deal with them on stage.

I THINK this may be part of their contract.  As in, they show up at "X" amount of public appearances for the CW every year.  And from the CW perspective, they probably like having the stars schmooz with the advertisers.  Honestly, the "Upfronts" are to sell advertising.  How MANY will flock to the boys and be swayed?

I'm not joking.  There's some serious man-crush on them out there.

They haven't been at the upfronts in like 2 maybe 3 years now. If they were important to push adverts for the network wouldn't they have been there every year? This just feels different to me.

Edited by catrox14
10 minutes ago, SueB said:

She is here and yeah, if there's a final season announcement I would expect to have them there.

I'm not sure that's why they're there but, it's possible.  I noticed that Arrow and Flash aren't there. Not sure what it means.

• Love 1
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

She is here and yeah, if there's a final season announcement I would expect to have them there.

I'm not sure that's why they're there but, it's possible.  I noticed that Arrow and Flash aren't there. Not sure what it means.

Doh! Apologies on the gender boo-boo.

So... here's my question for you
If the schedule for today is (from Variety):

Thursday, May. 18

The CW Upfront — New York City Center, 11 a.m.

CW Party — Private location, 7 p.m.

How LONG do they spend talking about shows.  I think the entire iZombie cast went to NYC this week, for example.  

And Matt Mitovitch said the CW upfronts were "over" after 20 mins.  I presume that's just Pedowitz.  Is it possible they are in some sort of reception where reporters, advertisers, and media just meander around??

5 minutes ago, SueB said:

Doh! Apologies on the gender boo-boo.

So... here's my question for you
If the schedule for today is (from Variety):

How LONG do they spend talking about shows.  I think the entire iZombie cast went to NYC this week, for example.  

And Matt Mitovitch said the CW upfronts were "over" after 20 mins.  I presume that's just Pedowitz.  Is it possible they are in some sort of reception where reporters, advertisers, and media just meander around??

From what I know the actors do the green carpet interviews before the presentation. Pedowitz does the presentation which last year and, this year has been very short 20-30 minutes. 

If it's already over and, there was no Final Season Announcment from Pedowitz, I would assume there isn't going to be one.

The after parties are basically for the actors and others to Network. 

So the Js were on stage

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

From what I know the actors do the green carpet interviews before the presentation. Pedowitz does the presentation which last year and, this year has been very short 20-30 minutes. 

If it's already over and, there was no Final Season Announcment from Pedowitz, I would assume there isn't going to be one.

The after parties are basically for the actors and others to Network. 

Hmmm... no chance for the advertisers to meet the talent?  Bummer.  I would think they'd sell more airtime that way. #Just sayin.

Well, it's a convenient stop enroute to JIBCON but other than that... maybe they are talking up the potential of a spinoff with execs?  IDK.  They paid for their airfare and time.  

Wait... they were ON STAGE?  What for? I NEED NEWS DAMMIT.

Edited by SueB
Just now, SueB said:

Hmmm... no chance for the advertisers to meet the talent?  Bummer.  I would think they'd sell more airtime that way. #Just sayin.

Well, it's a convenient stop enroute to JIBCON but other than that... maybe they are talking up the potential of a spinoff with execs?  IDK.  They paid for their airfare and time.  

Well yeah, that's what the parties are for. 

I'm guessing if we haven't heard about the a final season by now there isn't one. Unless the message is very slow 

7 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

"Supernatural" is doing an animated Scooby-Doo episode next season #SPN

Quoting myself here as I can't edit my previous post for some reason. 

So what do we think of this idea? Haven't they already done this a bit in Hero Heroici?

I guess it is one way of giving the Js a week off :-)

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Quoting myself here as I can't edit my previous post for some reason. 

So what do we think of this idea? Haven't they already done this a bit in Hero Heroici?

I guess it is one way of giving the Js a week off :-)

Indeed (time off).

Do... we take this to "Spoilers"?  It's mainstream media...  Confused... leaving here.

I think it's going to be hilarious. It's 13 seasons in an Supernatural just wants to take the envelope and see how much farther they can stretch it.  Works for me.

Now, I would have preferred "puppets" ala Angel, but I can live with Animation.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

"Supernatural" is doing an animated Scooby-Doo episode next season #SPN

This is what it's come to? I don't even know what to think about this.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, SueB said:

Wait... they were ON STAGE?  What for? I NEED NEWS DAMMIT.

https://t.co/wodGdnl8C7

Alrighty then.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SueB said:

Now, I would have preferred "puppets" ala Angel, but I can live with Animation.

No puppets, please! They creep me out even more than clowns.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Here is a pic of them on stage with the animation behind

DAHtI_uXsAArOB4.jpg:large

Not impressed with the Jensen one. It doesn't look much like him, and his hair isn't that much lighter than Jared's. Also why is Misha wearing that blue necklace ;-)

But look at Jensen's LIPS.  That's kinda funny to me.  I may have to research the Scooby Doo oeuvre to see who gets lips. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Looks NOTHING like Dean at all. Dean's hair is not blond. It's never been blond. That is an ugly ass  hair color for Dean. I mean they should have gone with his Fanfiction Green Eyes if they are going with Fanfiction Blond hair. Its annoying.

Edited by catrox14
11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Looks NOTHING like Dean at all. Dean's hair is not blond. It's never been blond. That is an ugly ass  hair color for Dean. I mean they should have gone with his Fanfiction Green Eyes if they are going with Fanfiction Blond hair. Its annoying.

I love that in real life Dean's hair is actually darker than Sam's - at least that's what it looks like most of the time. Yet he is "blonde"!

DAHwtzBXsAEobxv.jpg

4 hours ago, Binns said:

Kinda worried about Misha. Not used to him being quiet for so long on social media. Maybe he's traveling though. 

I think he's probably on his way to Rome or already in Rome for JIBcon this weekend.

• Love 1

Just dropped in to say that I always felt that Dean / JA is a redhead.  The reddish bits are mostly overshadowed by the darker brown strands, however in sunlight he looks like a ginger to me, especially with the freckles and red whiskers.  I think the animators are going for ginger not blonde.  The SD episode sounds like garbage to me, but YMMV.

• Love 3