Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

feel like I have fallen in love with him all over again and that I still haven't come down from cloud nine over it all yet.

This is exactly how I feel.  I love that so many other people did too.  

I saw this. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

This really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Those photos are breathtaking - and sweet and truly royal!

And I love how obvious it is that Jensen charmed them all, because of course he would! He's never going to top this birthday. 😍🤴

• Love 5

Good grief, JJ looks so grown up in those photos, and such a little cutie - Jensen’s gonna be chasing em off when she starts dating!  Bet she had a ball though - not too many girls get the chance to go to their dad’s “coronation”.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Lemuria said:

Came across this: JA seems to have gotten a kick out of it!  😀

(I apologize for the spoiler box  I hit it by accident and I have not been able to figure out how to remove any of these boxes.)

https://mobile.twitter.com/kalimcauley/status/1102406405884133377/photo/1

Reveal spoiler

That sign was brilliant. She deserved a nod from the King!

Those pics D shared ♥♥♥ The King, his Queen and eldest Princess. Truly a family to be proud of. And with every tweet and insta that showed not only the love for our boy, but the grace, humility and charm he showed in return, made me so proud to be a fan. All those folks who never heard of him sure know who he is now!

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

One last Bacchus post (probably maybe) just because I don't think we saw the back of this outfit in any of the other pics.

I think that may be the only shot of the back, and it's beautiful too.

Does anyone know for sure, but I'd guess the King gets to keep his outfit, because they make a new one every year for each Bacchus King, don't they? And each outfit has to fit whoever the King is that year, and not everyone has the same body type, is the same height, or weighs the same, so it would make sense that each outfit is made to fit that specific person.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

Does anyone know for sure, but I'd guess the King gets to keep his outfit, because they make a new one every year for each Bacchus King, don't they? And each outfit has to fit whoever the King is that year, and not everyone has the same body type, is the same height, or weighs the same, so it would make sense that each outfit is made to fit that specific person.

It's gorgeous! And I know it's a silly thing, but he seemed so genuinely happy and proud to do it - I really hope he gets to keep it! I have no hope that anyone will ask him about it at the next con, but maybe Danneel would answer the question.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

One last Bacchus post (probably maybe) just because I don't think we saw the back of this outfit in any of the other pics.

I wish that this last week never had to end. I can even feel a depression of sorts creeping in for me now that it's all over and we have to go back to RL. ☹️

• Love 4
6 hours ago, PAForrest said:

Seems to me they should just name Jensen the Forever Bacchus King since he seems to have been quite amazing. And he could just wear that same gorgeous outfit!

• Love 10

Hell may have officially frozen over. They talked about Jensen's Bacchus ride, and someone asked him (finally) about the Red Hood photo shoot. Well, they asked him if he would audition should the new Batman movie(s) decide to include the character, and Jensen used the photo shoot as an answer. Hoorah! Also, and I would have to science it to be sure, but I think this may be the first time that Jensen actually talked more than Jared in a panel - or at least it felt that way to me.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Hell may have officially frozen over. They talked about Jensen's Bacchus ride, and someone asked him (finally) about the Red Hood photo shoot. Well, they asked him if he would audition should the new Batman movie(s) decide to include the character, and Jensen used the photo shoot as an answer. Hoorah! Also, and I would have to science it to be sure, but I think this may be the first time that Jensen actually talked more than Jared in a panel - or at least it felt that way to me.

It was a great panel. The full one had a great beginning and end with too much crazy Jared in the middle. 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Stick with it the sound kicks in...it's faint but the best so far...

I legit think I would faint. *ded*

39 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

It was a great panel. The full one had a great beginning and end with too much crazy Jared in the middle. 

LOL! It was too good to last.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Does anyone care to give the exciting highlights for these panels, or do I need to watch them both in their entirety? :)

I love watching them and these two are pretty darn good. But I can give highlights if you like. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Does anyone care to give the exciting highlights for these panels, or do I need to watch them both in their entirety? 🙂

I'm gonna guess we all have different definitions of exciting, but I posted a couple things about the Gold panel above. 🙂 Haven't watched the afternoon yet.

• Love 1

The afternoon panel starts out great when the duo realize one new fan is 14 - and was born when the show started. It was very amusing. 

A question about what you forget to pack is a bit off except that there is more about Jared not having suitcase - turns out he forgot it in his truck. No fault of any airline.

There is a section about Misha sleeping at Jared's apartment. 

Then it admittedly devolves because Jared tries to give some convoluted answer about baseball that makes no sense. None. The only reason it's funny is because Jensen is clearly done and over it and keeps asking what's wrong with Jared.

During that whole section there is a question on scenes that get cut. Jensen answers. Jared confused again. But someone does note that "Jared's always packing" related again to suitcase. 

A question on how Jared gets pants to fit and Jensen says they actually wear the same pant size and that it's Jared's torso that is abnormally long. Drives Jensen nuts that Jared's shirts barely reach his belt. There is a demonstration. 

Jared tells a funny pirate joke and is clearly not trying to make it more sexual. 

Fan asks Jensen about the infamous denim shirt that he and Misha have. Jensen says he has three just like it and Misha has one. Jokes they sometimes coordinate. Then jokes if Misha's is the same brand of his he will burn it. 

A decent question about helping Jack with his soul stuff. Also a good question on the character vs. actor that was hardest to lose.

Then is a heartwrenching five minutes or more where Jared talks about the scene in Prophet and Loss at the end when he yells and hits Jensen. He says he failed and cried about it. Jensen takes over telling how Jared completely could not do the scene and no one knew why. Jared says lowest point of his career, cried himself to sleep. Jensen says that frustration made it into the scene and it was great. This is really a rough thing to watch. Jared is near tears.  Jensen says the hug in the scene is really more Jensen hugging Jared.

Last question is a woman who gets Jensen to sing Sweet Home Alabama while hugging her and I might have died.  

Edited by Bobcatkitten
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Jared says lowest point of his career, cried himself to sleep.

What? 😕

I can't watch the panel until maybe late tonight or late tomorrow, but in the meantime, does this make sense to you all?

I can kind of see that scene being so intense for Jared if he saw it as Sam "saving" Dean from suicide and got really "in the moment" or something. But it sounds like that wasn't the case, it sounds like he was just really frustrated by what he saw as his acting limitations, to the point that he was crying himself to sleep and had a dark night of the soul? This is the stuff that makes me worried for the guy. That reaction is so totally lacking in perspective. But maybe I'm taking him too seriously/literally, and Jared is just being an ~artiste~ about his work or whatever, I dunno.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, rue721 said:

What? 😕

I can't watch the panel until maybe late tonight or late tomorrow, but in the meantime, does this make sense to you all?

I can kind of see that scene being so intense for Jared if he saw it as Sam "saving" Dean from suicide and got really "in the moment" or something. But it sounds like that wasn't the case, it sounds like he was just really frustrated by what he saw as his acting limitations, to the point that he was crying himself to sleep and had a dark night of the soul? This is the stuff that makes me worried for the guy. That reaction is so totally lacking in perspective. But maybe I'm taking him too seriously/literally, and Jared is just being an ~artiste~ about his work or whatever, I dunno.

You are correct.  He let that incident crush him. Even trying to tell the story he was near tears.  So much so that Jensen had to take over and tell the fans what happened.  I do worry about him.  He seemed manic for most of the panel and then almost crying.   I don't know maybe I'm reading too much into as well but it didn't seem healthy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Jared's issue didn't seem to have anything to do with the scene itself. Seems like he literally froze up. He kept saying he couldn't speak the words and couldn't reach the emotions. Said it was like he was in a nightmare. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

You are correct.  He let that incident crush him. Even trying to tell the story he was near tears.  So much so that Jensen had to take over and tell the fans what happened.  I do worry about him.  He seemed manic for most of the panel and then almost crying.   I don't know maybe I'm reading too much into as well but it didn't seem healthy.

I  read it the same, and have the same concerns.

It's at around the 46 minute mark in the video linked above.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

The afternoon panel starts out great when the duo realize one new fan is 14 - and was born when the show started. It was very amusing. 

A question about what you forget to pack is a bit off except that there is more about Jared not having suitcase - turns out he forgot it in his truck. No fault of any airline.

There is a section about Misha sleeping at Jared's apartment. 

Then it admittedly devolves because Jared tries to give some convoluted answer about baseball that makes no sense. None. The only reason it's funny is because Jensen is clearly done and over it and keeps asking what's wrong with Jared.

During that whole section there is a question on scenes that get cut. Jensen answers. Jared confused again. But someone does note that "Jared's always packing" related again to suitcase. 

A question on how Jared gets pants to fit and Jensen says they actually wear the same pant size and that it's Jared's torso that is abnormally long. Drives Jensen nuts that Jared's shirts barely reach his belt. There is a demonstration. 

Jared tells a funny pirate joke and is clearly not trying to make it more sexual. 

Fan asks Jensen about the infamous denim shirt that he and Misha have. Jensen says he has three just like it and Misha has one. Jokes they sometimes coordinate. Then jokes if Misha's is the same brand of his he will burn it. 

A decent question about helping Jack with his soul stuff. Also a good question on the character vs. actor that was hardest to lose.

Then is a heartwrenching five minutes or more where Jared talks about the scene in Prophet and Loss at the end when he yells and hits Jensen. He says he failed and cried about it. Jensen takes over telling how Jared completely could not do the scene and no one knew why. Jared says lowest point of his career, cried himself to sleep. Jensen says that frustration made it into the scene and it was great. This is really a rough thing to watch. Jared is near tears.  Jensen says the hug in the scene is really more Jensen hugging Jared.

Last question is a woman who gets Jensen to sing Sweet Home Alabama while hugging her and I might have died.  

Thanks! That sounds pretty cool. I’ll probably watch it. 🙂

...oh, and I worry about Jared too. 

Maybe Jared just super-internalized the scene and the dialogue and the situation. 

Regardless of what some think the J's relationship is and given that they seem to be going in very different directions acting-wise, what with Jensen becoming much more of a "Hollywood" actor/player  putting himself out there to get attention  (the Mardi Gras thing, the Red Hood costume)  and by some accounts Jared not wanting to keep working as an actor after the show ends (or so I've read), Jared might be worried that once the show ends that will be the end of the friendship as well. 

The scene is poignant because Sam/Jared is afraid of losing his family/best friend. Jensen even says that the hug at the end was more Jensen/Jared hugging than Dean/Sam.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

This sounds like Jared got too method and crossed the line between reality and acting.  In order to do emotional scenes, you do have to connect to real emotions and your body doesn't know the difference, but as an actor, you have to stay in control of the emotions.   Something about the scene got to Jared to the point he lost control of his emotions. 

Since he does deal with depression and such, it isn't totally surprising but it sounds like a combination got to him.  It could have been he was too tired along with...But hopefully it's in check now and he can deal with it.   Just looking at the scene, Dean is asking him to put him somewhere that he'll be tortured forever and if Jared got too involved with the emotions, I'm not surprised that at a late hour he couldn't deliver it.  Being too tired and emotional isn't a good combination for acting a really emotional scene.  Shows why it felt a little weird, they almost couldn't get it done.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Me too.

15 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

This sounds like Jared got too method and crossed the line between reality and acting.  In order to do emotional scenes, you do have to connect to real emotions and your body doesn't know the difference, but as an actor, you have to stay in control of the emotions.   Something about the scene got to Jared to the point he lost control of his emotions. 

Since he does deal with depression and such, it isn't totally surprising but it sounds like a combination got to him.  It could have been he was too tired along with...But hopefully it's in check now and he can deal with it.   Just looking at the scene, Dean is asking him to put him somewhere that he'll be tortured forever and if Jared got too involved with the emotions, I'm not surprised that at a late hour he couldn't deliver it.  Being too tired and emotional isn't a good combination for acting a really emotional scene.  Shows why it felt a little weird, they almost couldn't get it done.

This is what I suspect.  The emotions would be overwhelming IRL under those circumstance.  As an actor he's got a great imagination.  So yeah, freezing up could be what happened.  Although I'm not sure why they didn't mention that it was an emotional scene.  It was like they still weren't sure of root cause and some assurance was stilll needed that it wouldn't happen again.   I hope he's talked to his therapist about it.  He needs to know the conditions that got him there so it doesn't happen again.  He doesn't need that kind of pressure. 

I will say, that afternoon panel makes it so clear that these guys are brothers for life IMO.  Jensen both holds Jared accountable and looks out after him.  And I think the same is true for Jared looking out for Jensen.  I suspect much of Jensen's ability to loose (the bulk of) his on-stage shyness is tied to his relationship Jared.  It's one of the joys of this fandom to see how much these two have each other's back.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, 7kstar said:

To me, Jensen was kind of saying the opposite - that it wasn't about the scene per se, or the emotions - and that's why he was so freaked out by it. He, and presumably Jared (at the time) didn't know why it was happening. He even likened it to seeing Rob in the hospital after his stroke, trying to communicate but unable to do it. Jeez. I do hope that Jared was able to work it out later - and it seems like he did. IMO, you could see the moment she started prefacing the question they knew what was coming, and that it was inevitable they would have to talk about that scene sooner or later. Jared intimated it must have been talked about in his M&G (assuming here) because he said 'some of y'all already know this' (paraphrased). It really is amazing and a lovely thing to see, how Jensen takes over for him and tells the story in a matter of fact way, assuring 'us'. and more importantly, Jared that it was a one time, fluke thing. And of course he complimented him on the work that made it to the screen as a result. We should all have a Jensen in our lives.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 13
41 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

To me, Jensen was kind of saying the opposite - that it wasn't about the scene per se, or the emotions - and that's why he was so freaked out by it. He, and presumably Jared (at the time) didn't know why it was happening. He even likened it to seeing Rob in the hospital after his stroke, trying to communicate but unable to do it. Jeez. I do hope that Jared was able to work it out later - and it seems like he did. IMO,

I'm looking at the reason that Jared couldn't communicate and why it happened.  Jared doesn't do these types of scenes that often.  It normally goes to Jensen.  Before this, the scene was Dean going to hell but not an image that is strongly imagined.

This one is clear, he's in a box under the ocean and unable to get out. Jensen/Dean relationship has grown leaps and bounds compared to season 3.  Method acting could create the issues and Jensen saying walk it off showed that at first, they thought it was the scene.

When I get a  bad migraine, I can't speak or sometimes the reaction is I'm literally falling asleep.  Before it would be that I got mad and couldn't figure out why I was mad.  I couldn't figure out what was happening until later.

So take that the scene is happening after midnight.  It's late.  Jared suffers from depression.  Something that Jensen doesn't deal with. Jared doesn't understand why he's so upset.  He doesn't get why he is reacting and neither think it has anything to do with the scene.  But now he is upset and adds all the elements he isn't in control.  That lack of control, unable to do his job is adding to the stress and that is creating the environment that leads to not being able to do the job.

Jensen supports him, so they get something on film.  Jared still can't talk about it.  It's raw emotion and Jensen takes over.  This is a major reason I like both actors.  They have helped each other over the years and Jensen is now comfortable in front of the crowd. 

Personally, I don't believe in Method acting, it's is dangerous.  I even warn my beginning actors that if you can't let go of the scene come talk to me.  It sounds like it started out as one thing but due to being tired, emotional stress and etc...it moved into something no one knew what was happening.  I think the combination is a major factor and had the scene occurred earlier in the day it might have all gone smoothly.  

Emotions in acting can do weird things.  I know one time I freaked out so badly that I froze on stage unable to move or talk.  The director wanted nothing to do with me after that.  I couldn't understand why it had happened.  But a fellow actor walked me through the steps.  By doing so I did figure how what had happened.  I created a plan to deal with it.  It never happened again by the way.  But it was many factors that lead to the freak out.  Not sure I can really explain it but maybe the examples will help.  Jared might need to talk to his doctor, but if it was a one-off, then it might not occur again because the circumstances plus etc created the situation. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 7kstar said:

Personally, I don't believe in Method acting, it's is dangerous. 

I remember a James Marsters panel at Dragon*Con where he talked about this a bit. Season 6 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer - specifically the scene where Spike attempted to rape Buffy - really depressed him. He was somewhat of a method actor and he said that he broke down in tears that night when he got home and almost couldn't get through it. He said the experience wrecked him for a bit. He felt like an awful person, because he couldn't let go of playing the character.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

For what it's worth, the way that Jensen described it initially seeming to him like a medical event, and how everyone was kind of whispering to each other while Jared paced around frantically flipping through his script...to me, it sounded like Jared had an episode. And I guess that hasn't happened on set before, and that's why it's so scary.

Who knows. I just worry about the guy because, as great a support system and as many resources as he has, he does seem like he's struggling. I've seen a lot of serious mental illness up close and personal (mostly family members) and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Also, I am really impressed by Jensen's graciousness. He was such a gentleman. This is so weird for one adult to say about another but he's a really good role model, isn't he?

• Love 9