Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Champs vs. Stars: When Push Comes to Shoving Stars

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Uch.  Tori.  Even her walk in made me angry.  I am never going to be rid of her in these challenges.

Wes, you are so right, sometimes it does help to eat the whole pizza.

Unless I am missing something, it looks like Matt ran into John’s elbow so he can quit his whining any time.

I’m not feeling this season as much as last time with champs vs pros or a challenge proper.  I think it’s a combo of quitters, the “Stars” have no fucking idea what they are doing and Riff Raff is beyond annoying.

• Love 4

You know the thing where MTV runs Challenge-related shit year-round? It ain't working.

The "Stars" are mostly athletes, with celebs possessing some degree of competition. You want to know why they're 0-4? Because the "Champs" have been doing this shit for years. Decade-plus in Aneesa's case. They know how to play "janky" games (thanks, Cara Maria!) They've been exposed to all sorts of voting processes, so they're familiar with the pressure. Even the most diehard fans would have troubles if they had to deal with that shit on a daily basis. We fans have a week off between rounds. Not even doing whatever pharmaceuticals Riff Raff are on couldn't prepare him.

This season is basically a wash. Only reason why the Stars aren't decimated is because three females Champs went out in the course of three missions, and Cory's usual underachieving. Right now, it feels like watch a pickup b-ball team take on the Harlem Globetrotters. Only thing missing is Wes pulling Mike's pants down at the moment Johnny hits him with a bucket of water. Eh, at least those two will be butting heads next week, so maybe we'll get some measure of normalcy.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, mojoween said:

Unless I am missing something, it looks like Matt ran into John’s elbow so he can quit his whining any time.

Right. If you trip into someone's fist they didn't hit. 

This is so boring. Watching one team dominant takes all the fun out of it. There is no mystery no suspense just oh look the champs won again.

I like Shawn but what makes her a great athlete that she won an Olympic medal like two decades ago. Michael Phelps is the greatest athlete of the Olympics but can he throw a ball. Don't know. But those sports don't measure the same in these games.

Smooth move creating an alliance with 3 people when the team is 8 as a whole. They don't even half the vote. I don't think that they planned on an alliance they just wanted to hang out with people they liked. However I don't know how the Bachelor got mixed in with the Olympians. 

Romeo and Wes' post battle comments tell the tale of this season. For Romeo it was the most intent workout he's ever had. For Wes, it wasn't the least bit hard and he probably didn't break a sweat. I'm not sure at what point I started enjoying Wes on this shot but if there was any doubt, his pizza comments sold me...his commentary is pretty funny, lol.

Matt looks like he fell into the other team's players and hit himself. 

These stars (and the athletes of last year) are learning that athletic ability alone isn't going to cut it in these type of competitions. The challenges test a variety of skills and you can't collectively be amazing at everything. I'm still waiting for the stars to realize that they need strategy to win challenges. And I guess they somewhat figured out they need to politic by attempting an alliance but they definitely still have much to learn in that regard. 

Riff Raff is really annoying but it's all hot air with his team wondering about his commitment to the team. He's been rallying the entire time to compete and the low key make plans behind his back...for whatever their strategy is in keeping him there, they can't be all that shocked that they're getting resentment from him in response. They should throw him in there...and with all of his lobbying and tantrums, it'll be hilarious if he gets sent home, lol.

Looks like maybe next week the Champs suffer their first loss. 

• Love 2

Aneesa won some points with me when I found out her charity was AFSP. That's an organization I have been involved with and done a lot of fundraising for, it's near and dear to my heart.

Josh bringing out his douchiness. Or Joshiness. Took long enough. 

I kinda feel bad for the Stars because they truly have no clue how to play this game. The only thing they have won is an elimination where Matt beat Cory. Speaking of Matt, I'm a little indifferent to him but I did enjoy watching him work out. 

I don't think Riff Raff knows what charity he's competing for, let alone what planet he is on.

Was Tori really this damn annoying on the last challenge?

• Love 1

I like Justina way more than I thought I would.  I wouldn't even mind if she joined the cast of a regular Challenge (I know that would annoy a lot of Challenge purist viewers, but I've never watched any of the feeder shows, so I don't care where the newbies come from, I just care if they're likeable).

I want to like Matt, but he definitely tripped and fell onto Johnny's arm, so that's not a good example of the Champs team playing dirty, dude.

• Love 2

The thing with most professional athletes at the highest level is that they are so specialized in their specific skills that a lot of times their athletic ability just does not translate to other athletic events. Obviously there are exceptions but I would think the athletes that would translate the best would be those from a track and field type background.  Some of the best of the best challengers are just below some pro athletes in overall athletic ability but they don't have that same insane competitive drive or specialized ability that the pros have.  So unless the pros have done this type of stuff before or actually take the competition like they would their chosen sport they will be beaten in a lot of cases by the people from the challenge since this is their sport.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:03 PM, mojoween said:

Uch.  Tori.  Even her walk in made me angry.  I am never going to be rid of her in these challenges.

Wes, you are so right, sometimes it does help to eat the whole pizza.

I’m not feeling this season as much as last time with champs vs pros or a challenge proper.  I think it’s a combo of quitters, the “Stars” have no fucking idea what they are doing and Riff Raff is beyond annoying.

I thought it was kind of cute and I giggled a little.  I don't know why, but I really enjoy her.  I usually don't take to the newbies at first.  I finally started liking Jenna a season or two ago.  I'm just glad she does more than show up, hook up, and talk trash that she can't back up with performance.

• Love 3

Not like Tori was a racist bitch, though. Also bugged that she came into the game not knowing if she won S30 or not. Didn't think of that before with CT . . . and they both finished third. Not a total mindblow, but it is funny if you think about it. And I bet it's hilarious if you get whatever Riff takes.

• Love 2
On 12/13/2017 at 0:47 PM, RHJunkie said:

Riff Raff is really annoying but it's all hot air with his team wondering about his commitment to the team. He's been rallying the entire time to compete and the low key make plans behind his back...for whatever their strategy is in keeping him there, they can't be all that shocked that they're getting resentment from him in response. They should throw him in there...and with all of his lobbying and tantrums, it'll be hilarious if he gets sent home, lol.

I don't think Riff Raff gives a single damn about competing. I think he is pissed because he wants to go into elimination and get sent home. He wanted to do this as early as possible so that he could collect his appearance fee with a modicum of effort or time invested. I hope they realize the same thing and work to make him understand that if they have to be there to get their checks, so does he.  I want them to keep denying him the chance to go in just to watch him get more and more pissed off.  

22 hours ago, strippedhalo said:

I like Justina way more than I thought I would.  I wouldn't even mind if she joined the cast of a regular Challenge (I know that would annoy a lot of Challenge purist viewers, but I've never watched any of the feeder shows, so I don't care where the newbies come from, I just care if they're likeable).

I want to like Matt, but he definitely tripped and fell onto Johnny's arm, so that's not a good example of the Champs team playing dirty, dude.

I was saying to my daughter as we watched that I think Justina would make a decent addition to the Challenge, especially if they are going to have to start bringing in outside people (Bloodlines, season 31) to flesh out the cast. She's pleasant enough, reasonably competitive without being a dick about it like Laurel or Cara, and I think she could bring a bit of drama if someone stepped to her in the wrong way. 

Sick of the "stars" being poor sports about these competitions. FFS, you're playing games like Slamball and Earth ball soccer where you can't even see who's in front of you, what do you think is going to happen? SN: as one of the least athletic kids in the world, I used to love the earth ball crab soccer back in elementary/middle school---we all would get so hyped when the gym teachers brought out the big balls!

• Love 5

Whomp Whomp - Shawn's out so I think Im done because this is SUPER boring. 

Can they not make the eliminations at least a little more of an even playing field?? It seems only the first one was.  Romeo had no chance against Wes in that comp and Shawn had no chance against Tori with tall body and long arms.  The height difference between the two teams is HUGE!

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, gunderda said:

Whomp Whomp - Shawn's out so I think Im done because this is SUPER boring. 

Can they not make the eliminations at least a little more of an even playing field?? It seems only the first one was.  Romeo had no chance against Wes in that comp and Shawn had no chance against Tori with tall body and long arms.  The height difference between the two teams is HUGE!

But don't they already have the comps picked out prior to LVP selections?  I would imagine Shawn would have had an unfair advantage when it comes to balance, lower body strength, agility, etc.  She lucked out.  Plus, this is Shawn's four appearance on three different reality shows (could be more?), and I think she's in to make an appearance fee, not chancing an injury or even putting herself out to an large extent.  In fact, none of the "Stars" are putting in 100%, which is why they've lost every comp but one.

• Love 1