Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Ask Me Anything Season 2

• Start Topic

^^ I agree, I wish this episode could’ve been longer! And had a little more unseen footage or deleted scenes instead of replaying what we’ve already seen. But really, that’s a minor complaint because I’m so appreciative of Mike and Leah continuing to do this show and continuing to draw attention to the abuses of the CO$. Seeing the older clips, especially from season one, showed how far Mike has come in his own journey. He seems in much better shape mentally and emotionally than he used to be. And as always I really enjoy the moments of humor between Leah and Mike, and their obvious affection for each other is nice to see after what they’ve been through in the hands of the Cherch. Looking forward to season three whenever it may happen!

• Love 22

I hadn't even thought of all the calls and stories they were (and still are) getting that they can't air.  They are hearing so much, so much more tragedy and horrors, than we'll ever know.  I am glad they are reaching people though, whether I hear it all or not.

• Love 14

It was nice wrap-up, even though there was no new information.

I'm endlessly fascinated by Scientology but at this point I'm kind of hoping there isn't going to be another season. I'd rather they go out on top and am not sure there's a ton of interest left in the general public for more "tears and sad stories."

Leah's wardrobe continued to be very flattering and pretty.

• Love 5

The Ask Me was before the Tupac show.

Just having the show getting Emmy awards and recognition will pop up on Internet searches so cult members will get exposure to the truth about their cult when they are googling around on their phones and maybe see their way out.

If A+E doesn't want to continue with the show then a channel like Viceland would take it into the fold.

• Love 1

I didn't really feel like I learned anything new from this, but it was a nice way to cap off the season with just Leah and Mike. Although I must say, after seeing all the old clips of Leah from the first season, it struck me how many hair extensions she was wearing in this AMA. She had about 200% more hair than she did in some of the clips.

• Love 7

I have a mental picture of Miss Cabagge's head exploding during the AMA.  I have to believe he is sweating bullets over the whole series.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Edited by toodles
punctuation matters
  • Love 15

Where is Shelley!!!??  That is so horrifying, that she hasn't been seen in 12 years! 

I loved that Leah said good question, to why aren't the police getting involved. 

I loved Mike saying , goodbye, Mike, at the end.  I enjoy his subtle humor, and think he and Leah are great together.  

• Love 12
On 11/22/2017 at 6:46 AM, humbleopinion said:

The Ask Me was before the Tupac show.

Just having the show getting Emmy awards and recognition will pop up on Internet searches so cult members will get exposure to the truth about their cult when they are googling around on their phones and maybe see their way out.

If A+E doesn't want to continue with the show then a channel like Viceland would take it into the fold.

I would LOVE to see Viceland take aim at Scientology.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I would LOVE to see Viceland take aim at Scientology.

I saw a CO$ commercial on Viceland a couple of weeks ago.  A bright, pretty commercial about how many people CO$ cured from drugged addiction.  On Viceland, the pot channel.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, toodles said:

I have a mental picture of Miss Cabagge's head exploding during the AMA.  I have to believe he is sweating bullets over the whole series.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Agree!!  Also, I loved their answers to the question about whether they thought he was watching the episode: "oh, yes," and "enjoy!"  HA HA!!  Go Mike and Leah!!

• Love 6

Disappointed in this episode. Was hoping to hear more from Mike and Leah and instead got a "greatest clips" show. Maybe they should have done a panel AMA and brought in the Headleys, John Brocheur, Amy Scobee or any of the high profile Scientologists they've had on the past two seasons and expanded out to two hours.

• Love 14

Did anyone else notice Leah's defensiveness when a reader asked how Scientology affected her parenting? She was adamant that it had no affect. But, like the reader who submitted a question, I also remembered reading an interview with her when she was a Scientologist, when she spoke approvingly of their parenting philosophy. She didn't say that kids were small adults who were filled with Thetans, or anything like that, but more benign stuff (the kind of stuff Paul Haggis spoke about, rational-sounding beliefs that would be used to lure people in).

Anyway, I wonder if now that she realizes how dangerous Scientology is, she's kind of minimizing the impact it had on her child.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LZ1982 said:

Did anyone else notice Leah's defensiveness when a reader asked how Scientology affected her parenting? She was adamant that it had no affect. But, like the reader who submitted a question, I also remembered reading an interview with her when she was a Scientologist, when she spoke approvingly of their parenting philosophy. She didn't say that kids were small adults who were filled with Thetans, or anything like that, but more benign stuff (the kind of stuff Paul Haggis spoke about, rational-sounding beliefs that would be used to lure people in).

Anyway, I wonder if now that she realizes how dangerous Scientology is, she's kind of minimizing the impact it had on her child.

I don't know if this has anything to do with scientology but I remember Leah on a talk show when Sofia was 3 years old.  Leah wanted help getting 3 year old Sofia off the bottle because Leah didn't like to tell her no.  From the clips they showed on the talk show, it looked like Sofia was a brat who ran the show. 

• Love 2

In her book, she talked about how she realized once she had her baby how messed up Scientology parenting was and alluded to being glad she was a celebrity and not a Sea Org member who would be expected to leave her child.  Even before having Sofia, one of the things that she complained about the Cruise wedding was how they were talking to and treating Suri, so I have to think she always was against the Scientology parenting stuff.

Also, in the book, she talks about being sad as a young teenager in the Sea Org in Clearwater because her baby sister was left in Scientology "day care," because the babies were not tended to much at all. She would try to go visit the sister during her short breaks. And...she said that since she was a child, she always wanted to feel like she had a "normal" and "right" life/family/home. Some, but not all, of that was about not having certain material things, but she says more than once that she even when her belief in Scientology was pretty well fully committed, she always had non-Scientology friends and staff to retain a bit of the normalcy she sought, and knowing that many people in her non-church life (at King of Queens and elsewhere) thought Scientology was at least weird/unusual. She was reluctant to fully immerse her daughter in it, and her husband never seemed to be a full-blown Scientologist, so I think she might have used some Scientology precepts with her (there's an amusing bit where every Scientologist she knows is trying touch assists and other things to stop the baby from crying and literally none of it ever works), but I can see not going all out on it.

• Love 1

Starsky and Hutch?  Cagney and Lacey?  Crockett and Tubbs?  Mulder and Scully?

No thank you, I'll take Remini & Rinder all day long.

They play off each other and read each other so well.  I can't remember, have either of them talked about how well they knew each other when they were both in the CO$?

• Love 8

Mike is so hot. Total silver fox. 

Leah needs to lay off the lip fillers. She can barely talk.

i bet Miscavige and Cruise watched it together.

shelly is probably alive in a Scientology jail somewhere.  Miscavige doesn’t have kids with Shelly right?

https://www.google.com/search?q=miscavige+and+cruise&prmd=niv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi5wfXUgNncAhXCp1kKHXzuCFcQ_AUIEigC&biw=1024&bih=638#imgrc=JexeJHJaUYFZEM: