Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I think a lot of it simply has to do with networking.  Sometimes just having met someone once can help you get hired somewhere or in a certain field down the road.  Anthony Ramos for instance now knows a lot of these girls...they want to do something in the entertainment industry when they finish, that's a pretty great person to have as a friend/reference. 

• Love 5

The dance world is extremely small and tight, you have better chances knowing a top choreographer over Anthony.   He is a great guy and knows great style and does appear to love the DCC, he does like a lot of the girls posts.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Who are we? Who are we?

DCC! DCC!

The dumbest cheer in the history of cheers lol

(edited)
21 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

you have better chances knowing a top choreographer over Anthony

Unless your goal is to be on an ET type show, or maybe something like a local news anchor.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ok this is a "strange question" and I am more than likely going to be asking this in the wrong thread so if it is in the wrong thread I am happy for it to be moved but I guess it is in the right thread.

Does anyone (esp those who live in uk) know how to watch the show? I got a vpn going but I was going to watch it via CMT's website but it is asking that I log in with my cable network details which I dont have a US one so I am assuming I cannot watch it via CMT because I dont have a US cable and I doubt a UK tv license would work. So I am really wondering.

I know ITVbe only shows season 5 to 8 regularly every year .. but they dont show other series like series 9 onwards and I just about slightly remembered what happened in them (but I forgot most already like I forgot about Vivan's "poem" that I dont remembering watching in series 9 at all esp when youtube is taking it down as soon as it is put up on youtube) etc.

Edited by Dcc fan
4 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Ok this is a "strange question" and I am more than likely going to be asking this in the wrong thread so if it is in the wrong thread I am happy for it to be moved but I guess it is in the right thread.

Does anyone (esp those who live in uk) know how to watch the show? I got a vpn going but I was going to watch it via CMT's website but it is asking that I log in with my cable network details which I dont have a US one so I am assuming I cannot watch it via CMT because I dont have a US cable and I doubt a UK tv license would work. So I am really wondering.

I know ITVbe only shows season 5 to 8 regularly every year .. but they dont show other series like series 9 onwards and I just about slightly remembered what happened in them (but I forgot most already like I forgot about Vivan's "poem" that I dont remembering watching in series 9 at all esp when youtube is taking it down as soon as it is put up on youtube) etc.

I am watching it from UK. Or at least trying to... I was able to find some links for season (I am not 100% sure right now, since I'm at work and can't check it) 6 and above. Basically it depends on you internet provider. Virgin was fine with every website for online viewing I've tried, BT is a little fussy and with SKY most stuff are blocked. 

You may not need VPN to watch it.. Try typing in Google watch DCC making the team online and one of the websites will work for you.. It's just an annoying process..

(edited)
13 minutes ago, LurkingFan said:

I am watching it from UK. Or at least trying to... I was able to find some links for season (I am not 100% sure right now, since I'm at work and can't check it) 6 and above. Basically it depends on you internet provider. Virgin was fine with every website for online viewing I've tried, BT is a little fussy and with SKY most stuff are blocked. 

You may not need VPN to watch it.. Try typing in Google watch DCC making the team online and one of the websites will work for you.. It's just an annoying process..

Thanks I will try that but I'm going to be watching that on my ipad hence why I got vpn on it as I am using a work laptop most of the time as I travel for work alot so wasnt sure if I'd get into trouble with work over it as I know IT department checks (and knows how to) check the things you visited on the work laptop (not the work I done etc) if that make sense, and I know and am aware of certain things in IT etc but not "THAT" it savvy to go that far in my knowledge of IT etc

Edited by Dcc fan
3 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

OMG I am DEAD!!! that SNAP_Dallascowboyscheer has me laughing my butt off!!! WHY am I just now learning about this?

The Kitty "take it back" one had me in stitches.

• Love 2

I'd be so curious to see some stats on where former DCCs are at 5 and 10 years later. How many in entertainment/performing, how many teaching dance/directing a team, how many SAHMs, how many business owners, how many with an advanced degree, how many had nothing to do with dance ever again, etc.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I have a hard enough time sitting through "Lucid Dream" without bunny face filters and bread on people's faces. I don't think I could stand it. ?

Come on man, THINK about it! It'd be HILARIOUS.

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Come on man, THINK about it! It'd be HILARIOUS.

That scene makes me so fucking uncomfortable!

But yeah it'd probably be amazing. ?

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Oh I know, it's physically painful to watch. But with a filter... Man. 

4 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I'd be so curious to see some stats on where former DCCs are at 5 and 10 years later. How many in entertainment/performing, how many teaching dance/directing a team, how many SAHMs, how many business owners, how many with an advanced degree, how many had nothing to do with dance ever again, etc.

That would be really interesting to know. 

On 5/8/2017 at 2:50 PM, RhiRhi said:

I think it's the lighting, it's super gummy. 

Im also waiting for someone to say that thing that we've all noticed at auditions but everyone's been too nice to say.....

I don't remember either, and I was here last year. 

2 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

2 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

Oh I know, it's physically painful to watch. But with a filter... Man. 

I told y'all!!! Lol ? 

I also thought about poor Amy Caroline From TCC who was the "Yes ma'am" robot.  That one would be funny with the iron head... ?

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Josreason said:

I told y'all!!! Lol ? 

I also thought about poor Amy Caroline From TCC who was the "Yes ma'am" robot.  That one would be funny with the iron head... ?

BWAHAAA yea!! 

She has.... NO personality 

None. 

Why can't someone want to be a DCC cause they love to dance, or they have finished school and want to continue performing?  And once they become a DCC, why can't they continue to audition every year cause they get to be with their best friends on a daily basis?  Or they love the football games and all that goes with that?  Or because they get free hair care, lashes, tans, clothing, makeup, skincare?  Or because they enjoy meeting the fans at games and appearances?  Or cause they get to go on USO tours and meet people in the military, or go on hospital visits?  Why can't they do it cause it's fun and an experience they will never have again?  Why can't they do it while they are young cause at a certain point, their bodies won't be able to handle it?  And they will get married, have kids or have a career or all of the above and that will be their new priority?

• Love 7
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Why can't someone want to be a DCC cause they love to dance, or they have finished school and want to continue performing?  And once they become a DCC, why can't they continue to audition every year cause they get to be with their best friends on a daily basis?  Or they love the football games and all that goes with that?  Or because they get free hair care, lashes, tans, clothing, makeup, skincare?  Or because they enjoy meeting the fans at games and appearances?  Or cause they get to go on USO tours and meet people in the military, or go on hospital visits?  Why can't they do it cause it's fun and an experience they will never have again?  Why can't they do it while they are young cause at a certain point, their bodies won't be able to handle it?  And they will get married, have kids or have a career or all of the above and that will be their new priority?

Very true.  That really is how life works.  When you start a family all that BFF stuff moves down the totem pole.  At least I think it does.  Sometimes I wonder how "Some" of  the former DCC handle life not being all "about them" when it's over. 

To me it's kind of like actors/actresses who let me know what they think about politics.  I really don't give a rat's ass what you think.  You are here to entertain and that's about it.  

So all the photoshopped glamour pics really don't do anything for me at all.  

All that being said, I do have my favorites so maybe I just haven't had enough coffee this morning.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Did someone post anything disagreeing with that?  There was something upthread about the "value" of being a DCC, but I don't think that necessarily conflicts with your post. A DCC (and others) may think it's a valuable activity for all the reasons you stated. Yours are mostly social/emotional reasons. Others are measuring value in a different way, in terms of how it contributes to your career growth and professional success.

• Love 2
On 5/15/2017 at 7:41 PM, SignorinaMia said:

Perhaps an unpopular opinion.... but I'm not convinced of the value of being a DCC.  True, there is quite a bit of cultural capital in being a DCC.  But what about career wise?

In terms of landing a job as a choreographer or coach, I can imagine there is a tremendous amount of competition from other NFL as well as the NBA dancers.  So the advantage, while key, would be minimal.

I don't think it's minimal, especially locally, and the competition from other NFL and NBA dancers isn't a problem. It's like putting on your resume that you worked for Disney vs.  working for Michigan Adventure. Same job, different level of visibility and awe. In no way am I saying that those other dancers are less talented or beautiful, etc. I'm just saying that certain brands have such an enormous amount of prestige that it will always be beneficial to include it on a resume. I'm 44 and I still have Disney on my resume, where I worked in my early 20's, and it comes up every single time in my interview and has regularly assisted me in getting hired over the next person even when the position is totally unrelated, as my current profession is. 

i imagine being a DCC is like that as well. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah, I mean, I think all these reasons are valid for sure, and throw in wanting to further one's dance career/get attention, etc. I mean, these are also priorities for some, and I don't judge that. Hell, I regret not going for it when I was young enough/had the skill and body myself, so I don't really judge ANY reason these girls would go for this LOL!

Side note: Bridget Jones' diary just started and the remote is across the room. Looks like I'll have to listen to Renee Zelweiger's shitty fake British accent until I have to pee again. #FakeProblems #DayOff

I really don't think these girls train as dancers for years, love dancing, then audition for DCC with he goal of landing a rich husband then quitting.

Nearly all of these girls are upper middle class and would probably marry - or become themselves - quite comfortably in regards to finances. It's just natural progression for most people to finish college, work and/or get marrried, and have babies. It's not unusually for a 25 year old woman to get married and then have kids. I don't think many quit just to get married, but more like to have the time to spend with someone they love. Pro cheer is really time consuming and difficult to have a job, relationship, cheer, and all the maintenance involved. That's why so many are students with a lot of online classes or have part time fitness/dance/MLM jobs.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Dlcmom said:

I'm 44 and I still have Disney on my resume, where I worked in my early 20's, and it comes up every single time in my interview and has regularly assisted me in getting hired over the next person even when the position is totally unrelated, as my current profession is. 

Nice, good for you!  But this does lead to a potentially unpopular opinion, that sometimes I think, depending on the employer/job title, having been a professional cheerleader might work against you, in the sense that I imagine there are those out there who make certain negative assumptions about what these women are like based on stereotypes.  Which is why I think Making the Team is stupid to show people like "O'Biden" and the one who doesn't know what a political party is.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dlcmom said:

I don't think it's minimal, especially locally, and the competition from other NFL and NBA dancers isn't a problem. It's like putting on your resume that you worked for Disney vs.  working for Michigan Adventure. Same job, different level of visibility and awe. In no way am I saying that those other dancers are less talented or beautiful, etc. I'm just saying that certain brands have such an enormous amount of prestige that it will always be beneficial to include it on a resume. I'm 44 and I still have Disney on my resume, where I worked in my early 20's, and it comes up every single time in my interview and has regularly assisted me in getting hired over the next person even when the position is totally unrelated, as my current profession is. 

i imagine being a DCC is like that as well. 

I think there are often jobs that are real touchpoint on the resume that make you stick out during an interview or someone who only has 30 seconds to look at your resume.  I know that working Germany and also being stationed in another state in the Air Force always seemed to come up despite they were "decades" away.  Another item was our son was an Eagle Scout and we guessed probably 3 jobs were offered based upon what that meant.  Small things can make the difference between getting an interview and a job offer.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 1/14/2017 at 2:33 PM, missmansfield said:

SO glad someone else likes Tasha's look!  She certainly gets plenty of bashing on here.  I think she is without a doubt one of the most beautiful ladies I have ever seen!

The 80's  were the best time ever!!

There was a link someone had posted in another thread of all the photos of the past squads. I had to laugh when I looked at the 80's pictures. I believe that was when Kelli was on the team. Lots of perms and "frosted" hair as we used to call to call it;) 

Edited by Rosiemac
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 1/18/2017 at 8:14 PM, kalibean said:

I feel like we have a good mix of fan bases, tho most have some level of tolerance because they like the DCC. I feel like you gals who don't have cheerleaders on your team tolerate the Cowboys rah rah the least ? (I.E., Packers, Steelers) 

That could just be good old fashioned division rivalries too. 

I didn't mind the finish this fight too much, but I also only follow a handful of cheerleaders and they don't tend to go too hashtag bananas. Gotta keep my sanity. 

I have always thought of the DCC as the one team that people love even though they may follow other football teams. It is as if they are part of the Dallas Cowboy organization, but separate in their own way too. They are definitely original and started the idea of people noticing and following the cheerleaders. I am dating myself here, but I remember them being noticed on a national level in the late 70's early 80's They are marketing geniuses. I happen to love Ezekiel Elliot and Dez Bryant since they helped me finish 2nd in my fantasy league last year!!! While I live in Baltimore right now and love to watch the Ravens cheerleaders, Dallas has the best cheerleaders by far. Their brand is worthy of a case study in grad school! DCC has the best dancers in the league.

As far as hashtags go....any more than 5 is too many.

Edited by Rosiemac
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

I have always thought of the DCC as the one team that people love even though they may follow other football teams. It is as if they are part of the Dallas Cowboy organization, but separate in their own way too. They are definitely original and started the idea of people noticing and following the cheerleaders. I am dating myself here, but I remember them being noticed on a national level in the late 70's early 80's They are marketing geniuses. I happen to love Ezekiel Elliot and Dez Bryant since they helped me finish 2nd in my fantasy league last year!!! While I live in Baltimore right now and love to watch the Ravens cheerleaders, Dallas has the best cheerleaders by far. Their brand is worthy of a case study in grad school! DCC has the best dancers in the league.

As far as hashtags go....any more than 5 is too many.

You're absolutely correct. People will root for another football team, but still love the DCC. There's just something about them.

(edited)

OK, @QuiteCalM....I think you know I love Megan, but you (I think it was you) posted a, shall we say, unflattering screenshot of her where she looked like she had a dozen chins (which of course she does not).  I'd think that would be ripe for captioning!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

OK, @QuiteCalM....I think you know I love Megan, but you (I think it was you) posted a, shall we say, unflattering screenshot of her where she looked like she had a dozen chins (which if course she does not).  I'd think that would be ripe for captioning!

BWAHAAA!!

Hmm. Mean this one?

Disclaimer: This picture is ten thousand times better than the "best" picture of me in the last five years. She's AMAZINGLY gorg and if that's fat, I want to be that fat.

happy.JPG

• Love 8
(edited)

hahaha that's the one!  I should be ashamed to admit this, but I always feel better about myself when I see that picture, because I think if SHE can look bad in a picture, anybody can!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, QuiteCalM said:

BWAHAAA!!

Hmm. Mean this one?

Disclaimer: This picture is ten thousand times better than the "best" picture of me in the last five years. She's AMAZINGLY gorg and if that's fat, I want to be that fat.

happy.JPG

Ermmmagod. I is a cheerleader. Grrrr team.

Disclaimer: I like Megan but I would pick on anyone for this pic. It means I loves you.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

hahaha that's the one!  I should be ashamed to admit this, but I always feel better when I see that picture, because I think if SHE can look bad in a picture, anybody can!

Honestly, and the bitch is, it's clearly just an unflattering angle. Her skin, eyes, hair, teeth, makeup are still flawless.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

BWAHAAA!!

Hmm. Mean this one?

happy.JPG

I got scolded by a few fan girls for posting that close up. I have more chins than that in a zoomed out photo though, soooo...

That picture still makes me laugh like a deranged hyena.

• Love 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I got scolded by a few fan girls for posting that close up. I have more chins than that in a zoomed out photo though, soooo...

That picture still makes me laugh like a deranged hyena.

OMG THAT made me laugh like a deranged hyena!

Hey man, I could put on a yoda mask and a burka and I'd still have visible chins. When you're as beautiful as Megan, you have to take a LITTLE crap once and a while right?!

ETA: @Oranaiche when I see the Megan pic, I hear this:

Edited by QuiteCalM
Just to add salt to the wound...
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

OMG THAT made me laugh like a deranged hyena!

Hey man, I could put on a yoda mask and a burka and I'd still have visible chins. When you're as beautiful as Megan, you have to take a LITTLE crap once and a while right?!

ETA: @Oranaiche when I see the Megan pic, I hear this:

Oh man...a more innocent time when an awkward noise could derail a presidential campaign. 

Poor megan...that pic seriously is the worst. 

• Love 4
Just now, kalibean said:

Oh man...a more innocent time when an awkward noise could derail a presidential campaign. 

Poor megan...that pic seriously is the worst. 

That pic is silly, but to me, it's not offensive. It's just....silly. It's not like, her with no makeup, just woke up/not fully dressed. Like, not MEAN. Just a bad angle.

Yeah, that scream was pretty deadly. What a completely different time indeed LOL.....zipping it now....

• Love 1
6 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

It's not unusually for a 25 year old woman to get married and then have kids.

Can confirm. When doing research on the modern American mom for my last job, average age of the first time mom was 25. It's up two years from a decade ago, IIRC. 

• Love 2