Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, crazydegulady said:

I really dislike the colour of Jessika's hair but maybe it's just the way it has photographed 

Is it iust me or doesn't her hair look greenish.....

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, LurkingFan said:

I don't like the really obvious foils and I'm surprised an upmarket/ trendy salon still does that look. A subtle balayage looks so much better...that said a lot of these girls still have thick square French nails so they may be a few years behind. 

• Love 2

Once again I know I will be in the minority, but Kelsey looks plastic like with her tan and makeup. Madeline looks young, but in my opinion, they need to touch up the curls on top of her head and changed her hair color. Jessika's hair looks like a Barbie doll hair.

32 minutes ago, LurkingFan said:

Maybe it's the lighting that's making her hair have that green (ash)  tint, she's such a pretty girl, I hope that's what it is. 

kelsey is gorgeous, she doesn't look plastic at all in this pic to me. So glad she's back for her second year. LOVE her

madeline is cute as can be. She looks awesome at the end of that promo video for MMT

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Do they have some sort of filter that makes Kelsey's make up look painted on and Jessika's hair green? Madeline still looks like a kid in a costume to me.

Well, she sure does in this pic. Tell me this is pre-makeup??

• Love 1

Throwback! The shorts are SO different.

LOL at the comments. Who sits on social media and shits in people's cereal just for sport? We come here and rant and rave but we're not seeking out these people and roasting them. In fact, I'd be thrilled if these boards were private. Dummies.

Look at how defensive I get! They're OUR DCC's to tear down and build back up LOL!!

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, LurkingFan said:

Maybe it's the lighting that's making her hair have that green (ash)  tint, she's such a pretty girl, I hope that's what it is. 

kelsey is gorgeous, she doesn't look too plastic  in this pic to me. So glad she's back for her second year. LOVE her

madeline is cute as can be. She looks awesome at the end of that promo video for MMT

I remember we all said the same thing last year during cameos about makeup 

Edited by mcmrdh
Left out the word "makeup"
3 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

A subtle balayage looks so much better...that said a lot of these girls still have thick square French nails so they may be a few years behind. 

Well I must admit I had to look in my handy dandy dictionary for the meaning of that word.

• Love 2

Kelli, if you are reading this - PROPS on the swimsuit pics this year!!! Makeup, suits, lighting, hair... I am truly very impressed with them.  I feel like so often they don't do this beautiful girls justice but this year...DANG.  that whole slideshow posted above is great!! 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Rachel and Cord are way too good looking....gahhhh what a gorgeous wedding! 

Lauren, you may want to step out for this. The jaded diatribe I'm about to barf out may make you want to throw holy water on me.

I don't wanna go straight cynical buuuuhhtt....

Mere photographs aren't enough anymore? Ugh! I'm so glad we eloped.

In fairness, and to give sweet Rachel and her admittedly pretty wedding some context,

and from the annals of "oh, it could be SO much worse", here's a mosh dive into the garish, over the top brag fest that weddings have devolved into. Thanks Syd!

• Love 2

Personally I love the idea of having a wedding video, but much more partial to Rachel's who kept it short and sweet and hit the highlights. After being in 4 weddings, having so much buzz around can be a little burdensome (unless you're ok with that and have tons of room). I don't see the point in an 8 minute video, likely no one but the couple is going to watch it in it's entirety. 

1 minute ago, RhiRhi said:

Olivia Sharber and her ex husband had the most amazing wedding video and it's still online ?

This entire sentence is my case in point. AMAZING video. Shitty (Now non existent) marriage. I'll take our home made pics of our elopement and 8 year marriage.

giphy.gif

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Lauren, you may want to step out for this. The jaded diatribe I'm about to barf out may make you want to throw holy water on me.

I don't wanna go straight cynical buuuuhhtt....

Mere photographs aren't enough anymore? Ugh! I'm so glad we eloped.

In fairness, and to give sweet Rachel and her admittedly pretty wedding some context,

and from the annals of "oh, it could be SO much worse", here's a mosh dive into the garish, over the top brag fest that weddings have devolved into. Thanks Syd!

HAHAHA!! i was wondering if anyone had shared Syd's masterpiece here yet ;D  

I think when it comes to weddings - to each their own.  if you want just some simple pics, power to you. if you want a 10 minute long video, go for it.  weddings are as intimate or public as you want them to be, i can't judge on that.  

Personally...i prefer the Rachel style of less than 2 minutes, just some highlights, over the 10 act play but i can't fault Syd for it.  like we didn't see that coming LOL I will say Sydney's husband seems like a gem.  he just comes across very sweet and down to earth, very 'yes dear' in a cute way. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

HAHAHA!! i was wondering if anyone had shared Syd's masterpiece here yet ;D  

I think when it comes to weddings - to each their own.  if you want just some simple pics, power to you. if you want a 10 minute long video, go for it.  weddings are as intimate or public as you want them to be, i can't judge on that.  

Personally...i prefer the Rachel style of less than 2 minutes, just some highlights, over the 10 act play but i can't fault Syd for it.  like we didn't see that coming LOL I will say Sydney's husband seems like a gem.  he just comes across very sweet and down to earth, very 'yes dear' in a cute way. 

Hahaha I can agree with all of this. Fair enough!! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Rachel and Cord are way too good looking....gahhhh what a gorgeous wedding! 

Aww didn't they meet when she went to rehab after injuring herself at training camp the first time? As devasting as that must have been, I am glad it led Rachel to her husband. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Aww didn't they meet when she went to rehab after injuring herself at training camp the first time? As devasting as that must have been, I am glad it led Rachel to her husband. 

yes! i love their story!!! he is absolutely adorable. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, mcmrdh said:

kelsey is gorgeous, she doesn't look plastic at all in this pic to me. So glad she's back for her second year. LOVE her

I hope it's the light too.. She is such a pretty girl and that color on that light is just not fair...

Kelsey.... Kelsey.... Gosh.... Why is she so pretty....

• Love 3
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Some more swimsuit pictures. Amy looks great in the first picture, but in my opinion, the swimsuit pick was not a good one. Some of the poses crack me up. I guess this is what they consider sexy.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/07/05/dcc-nationalbikiniday?sf95715814=1#430901

Heather's body is also to die for..

Chantal's curls on this picture look amazing as well.. She looks great with the tight and loose curls!

• Love 2

Their makeup is super heavy for cameos. I saw a pic of Heather O and she looked really orange and cakey to me.

15 hours ago, crazydegulady said:

I really dislike the colour of Jessika's hair but maybe it's just the way it has photographed 

Jessika is totally forgettable to me. I think they ought to do something else with her hair because the streakiness of the highlight or whatever is going on with it just isn't working.

11 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

Yes! I think it was fate!

12 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

I didn't know of that! That's so sweet. All the feels. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

these boards move so fast somedays that i can't keep up with what all is shared, so I apologize if this has been shared/discussed! but i just saw it and omg, so sweet!  Heather O seems like such a sweet girl and WOW, her dad rocks!! 

http://www.5pointsblue.com/happy-fathers-day-dcc-style-mike-oconnor-helped-daughter-heather-accomplish-dcc-dream/?sf89372006=1

Aww that was so sweet. It makes me like Heather even more knowing how much effort she put in. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, BritFan said:

I think this pic of Amy is STUNNING!  It would have made a lovely cover.. but then I adore Amy so may be a teeny bit biased.

credit_s042_amyl_mv_ebbies_vdx_0867_ewrt

That photo is soooo pretty! It seems a little photoshopped though, that bothers me. In a way, I'm kind of glad they didn't photoshop cleavage on her.

9 minutes ago, BritFan said:

I think this pic of Amy is STUNNING!  It would have made a lovely cover.. but then I adore Amy so may be a teeny bit biased.

She is GORGEOUS!! Wow!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Their makeup is super heavy for cameos. I saw a pic of Heather O and she looked really orange and cakey to me.

I saw that too!  Their faces are a totally different color than their necks!!!  That had to show up in their pictures...  smh.

makeup Heather.jpg

Makeup Maggie.jpg

3 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I saw that too!  Their faces are a totally different color than their necks!!!  That had to show up in their pictures...  smh.

makeup Heather.jpg

Makeup Maggie.jpg

I have to wonder if it was LB that did their makeup or Peggy. I know certain girls went to Peggy and they all LOVE Peggy. Maybe LB did Heather's and Maggie's.

Annoying know-it-all makeup artist checking in.

Typically, for photo shoots like this, you want the makeup as "flawless" as possible. The AMOUNT of makeup does not generally translate, but the QUALITY of it does. The face will lighten up in the actual pic. You don't want color variation in this scenario because it can sometimes read pale, blotchy, pasty, greasy or shiny. An evenly done, extremely matte face translates well in professional shoots where you can measure and manipulate the light. Faces will always appear brighter in a professional shoot like this with lots of white. (Think of flash pics where someone has contoured with concealer and they have white cheeks in the photo). Any color variations are easily erased with editing software.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, BritFan said:

Holy cannoli. I didn't even recognize Amy. I love her so I'm torn on this photo. She looks smoking but since I didn't know it was her, ??‍♀️.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Tootie said:

makeup Heather.jpg

Makeup Maggie.jpg

Maybe they use so many box, umbrella and ring lights that their faces appear to match their necks?? Maybe they don't care? lol idk

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Annoying know-it-all makeup artist checking in.

Typically, for photo shoots like this, you want the makeup as "flawless" as possible. The AMOUNT of makeup does not generally translate, but the QUALITY of it does. The face will lighten up in the actual pic. You don't want color variation in this scenario because it can sometimes read pale, blotchy, pasty, greasy or shiny. An evenly done, extremely matte face translates well in professional shoots where you can measure and manipulate the light. Faces will always appear brighter in a professional shoot like this with lots of white. (Think of flash pics where someone has contoured with concealer and they have white cheeks in the photo). Any color variations are easily erased with editing software.

So you do want their faces to be orange?

(edited)
1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

So you do want their faces to be orange?

It doesn't read orange on camera. On film with this much white background, orange reads tan.

ETA: Meant on a PROFESSIONAL print. Clearly, it reads orange on a selfie with no white balance or light meter....

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

It doesn't read orange on camera. On film with this much white background, orange reads tan.

ETA: Meant on a PROFESSIONAL print. Clearly, it reads orange on a selfie with no white balance or light meter....

lol I knew what you meant. I wish I could do makeup, I can barely do my own. Eyeliner is not my friend.

8 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

lol I knew what you meant. I wish I could do makeup, I can barely do my own. Eyeliner is not my friend.

Practice practice practice! I can do my own but I cannot do anyone elses. 

16 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Maybe they use so many box, umbrella and ring lights that their faces appear to match their necks?? Maybe they don't care? lol idk

You got it!

• Love 1