Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Yeah ericas solo is very familiar. It's a bit different from the one she did her rookie year. My philosophy is if it isn't broke... 

if they can do thunderstruck every year then Erica can do her tricks, Amy can do her tap dances, jinelle can do her shimmy, etc. 

• Love 4

None of the solos actually were executed well. Erica and Holly did basically the same Style routines from previous years and  just rearranging the moves - Erica is in the same costume.  Lol apparently Holly went camandooooo ?

On 5/15/2017 at 7:41 PM, SignorinaMia said:

Perhaps an unpopular opinion.... but I'm not convinced of the value of being a DCC.  True, there is quite a bit of cultural capital in being a DCC.  But what about career wise?

In terms of landing a job as a choreographer or coach, I can imagine there is a tremendous amount of competition from other NFL as well as the NBA dancers.  So the advantage, while key, would be minimal.

In terms of launching into a modeling/acting career, it seems that being on a team of 36 would make it difficult for a woman to stand out.

And for those who want to take other avenues (such as graduate school), the time spent as a DCC seems to be a delay in starting their careers.

I've been following several on Instagram to see how their post DCC lives pan out.  Megan C did just land that coaching job. Nicole B opened a Bar Method franchise with her sister.  But they seem to be the exception.

What am I missing? Can someone enlighten me?

On 5/17/2017 at 9:40 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Outside of Dallas and the competitive dance world, I don't think it means terribly much to be a DCC. It's nothing to sneeze at, but not like being an Olympian or Miss America. 

I agree. It's a cute "nice to have" but other than that, that's it.

48 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Yeah, I'm a Redskins fan but LOVE DCC.

Hey now..ME TOO! #HTTR

• Love 3

Redskins is my hometown team living in Maryland (side note, always thought it was weird that the Washington redskins play in Maryland ?) live very far from Baltimore so no ravens. My fav team is the buccaneers but have been a DCC fan since season 1 and admittedly only watch cowboys game to impress others with my knowledge of the cheerleaders when one briefly pops up on the screen. 

On 5/18/2017 at 3:18 PM, pizzaislife said:

Ermmmagod. I is a cheerleader. Grrrr team.

Disclaimer: I like Megan but I would pick on anyone for this pic. It means I loves you.

I don't know who you are, but that's funny. 

Grrrr team!!

On 5/18/2017 at 10:11 PM, missmansfield said:

Whoa, she sucked!  Ugly too.  I doubt she would make it now.

Wow!! I could have made DCC back then! Seriously, i can dance. I had a body pre-40,  Addison's disease, stroke, and lupus. Oh yeah, and the wheelchair. Lol. Anyway, did they not have to kick, turn, exexcute a leap? 

Hasnt it been speculated that cuts didn't start until the show did?

• Love 4
On 5/19/2017 at 10:25 AM, Josreason said:

Lacey is gorgeous! I see a resemblance to old 16 and pregnant Farrah pre-plastic...  now Farrah be like: 

IMG_3503.JPG

IMG_3505.JPG

Is that her? She was so cute back on 16&pregnant. I am all for female empowerment, but I feel bad when you go to such lengths to achieve what you feel are perfect standards.

since I've been sick, I eat the cake, drink the Diet Coke, buy what I want (within reason), ride my bike, take the vacation. Life's too short to deprive yourself.

im 42 10/12, I have a big butt, normal chest, chicken legs, big feet, bad eye sight, and hear like a bat. I've 27 surgeries, 4 autoimmune disorders, a stroke, and blood clots.

im eating the sweets,and drinking the margaritas. Although trying out for DCC is on my bucket list just because of my surviving so much.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I don't know who you are, but that's funny. 

Grrrr team!!

I am lover of all things funny and pizza. Here is a much more famous representation of me. But it pretty well sums it up.

To stay on topic.... I hope little Heather eats all the pizza and I hope she never gains an ounce and I hope she comes back to OK as a thunder girl 

34347.jpg

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

I am lover of all things funny and pizza. Here is a much more famous representation of me. But it pretty well sums it up.

To stay on topic.... I hope little Heather eats all the pizza and I hope she never gains an ounce and I hope she comes back to OK as a thunder girl 

34347.jpg

Are you kidding me with this picture? I think I love you. Kate McKinnon is my spirit animal.

On 5/9/2017 at 0:37 PM, LaurenBrook said:

i think she deleted her account because of her new job...i'm pretty sure someone asked her about it off this site and that is what she said. 

She's on here...different name, subtle hints. ?

On 5/18/2017 at 4:48 PM, pizzaislife said:

I think the dcc should all dress like this for Halloween. The cameras can zoom in on the bewildered males. I mean the hair... obviously they dress like that.

Dianna-Hart-cameo-1473284375.jpg

??Demi Lovato's mom??

• Love 9
On 5/20/2017 at 7:17 PM, LaurelleJ said:

Redskins is my hometown team living in Maryland (side note, always thought it was weird that the Washington redskins play in Maryland ?) live very far from Baltimore so no ravens. My fav team is the buccaneers but have been a DCC fan since season 1 and admittedly only watch cowboys game to impress others with my knowledge of the cheerleaders when one briefly pops up on the screen. 

I live relatively close to Baltimore (about 40 minutes) but I'm closer to DC so...Go Landover Redskins!! (lol)

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ShellyB said:

She's on here...different name, subtle hints. ?

??Demi Lovato's mom??

11 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

@QuiteCalM you're famous!

UTTERLY AWESOME! However, Ted Bundy, Octomom, Anthony Weiner, Tan Mom, Nancy Grace and Ursula the sea witch are all "Famous" too sooo....

I am me, I'm not at all attempting to be anyone else, I just wasn't able to re-open my account after I asked to have it closed, so I had to open a brand new one. I wasn't banned or kicked off, so I'm not attempting to hide my identity, and my new SN is a nod to the old, with the same letters, since I thought it would be fun to switch it up.

When I returned here around auditions, I didn't attempt to hide it, I made a grand entrance to the house party in a (faux) fur coat, announced my presence, tripped on someone's cat, fell into the dip, broke the punch bowl and to the horror of many, I had come back to the party :-)

• Love 10
On 5/15/2017 at 6:41 PM, SignorinaMia said:

Perhaps an unpopular opinion.... but I'm not convinced of the value of being a DCC.  True, there is quite a bit of cultural capital in being a DCC.  But what about career wise?

In terms of landing a job as a choreographer or coach, I can imagine there is a tremendous amount of competition from other NFL as well as the NBA dancers.  So the advantage, while key, would be minimal.

In terms of launching into a modeling/acting career, it seems that being on a team of 36 would make it difficult for a woman to stand out.

And for those who want to take other avenues (such as graduate school), the time spent as a DCC seems to be a delay in starting their careers.

I've been following several on Instagram to see how their post DCC lives pan out.  Megan C did just land that coaching job. Nicole B opened a Bar Method franchise with her sister.  But they seem to be the exception.

I think your thinking it too narrow. During the year or years these girls are DCC, they meet all kinds of movers and shakers across DFW. Whether their interests/degrees/talents lie in medicine, finance, marketing, technology, oil and gas... it doesn't matter. 99% of them aren't moving to Dallas and becoming DCC to have a lifelong professional dance career.

They're looking for the networking that's available to them as America's Sweethearts at Jerry Jones' events, or his clients events, or the team's events, or the team's sponsors' events. You could do one or two years on the squad, meet 30-300-3000 influential people, and if you're smart enough, ONLY ONE is enough! If you meet the right person, and you have the "prestige" of being a DCC, plenty of people will take a chance on you for your entry-level job, your paid internship, your startup... 

Former Cowboys like Troy or Emmit didn't fade away- they have their names on companies, charities, etc and everybody in Dallas knows all about them. For these women, the glory may not be so high profile, but the doors it opens are still powerful.  

On 5/21/2017 at 10:27 PM, ShellyB said:

??Demi Lovato's mom??

What? That's awesome! 

@ShellyB when will we get to see the throwback photos that Stephanie, holly, and Heather O were in a few months ago? I saw them on the DCC Instagram story the day they took them.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

@ShellyB have you seen this? The entire account is hilarious.

HAHA the toast face is forever my favorite Snapchat filter anyway, this just made it sooooo much better. I must now Snapchat filter all my tv shows! 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, spazette said:

HAHA the toast face is forever my favorite Snapchat filter anyway, this just made it sooooo much better. I must now Snapchat filter all my tv shows! 

Hahaha I know right!? I want to get snapchat just so I can do these and post em on here. 

On 5/9/2017 at 3:54 PM, heatherrrrz said:

The new studio looks so nice!

On DCC twitter page about 2 weeks ago they posted a video tour of certain buildings at the Star. I'm not sure if its still there. Can someone please look and see if it can be posted. I can't on my work computer. 

On 5/17/2017 at 10:52 AM, heatherrrrz said:

The dumbest cheer in the history of cheers lol

Can you tell me how to follow that on snap. I do a search but it does not come up. slightly tech challenged over here. lol

1 minute ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Can you tell me how to follow that on snap. I do a search but it does not come up. slightly tech challenged over here. lol

Who do you want to follow, the cheerleaders snapchat?

You should be able to go to the main screen that says "Added me" "add friends" "my friends" and then go to add friends and type in "dallascowboys" they use the regular cowboys snap.

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

You should be able to go to the main screen that says "Added me" "add friends" "my friends" and then go to add friends and type in "dallascowboys" they use the regular cowboys snap.

Oh ok, I already follow that one. I thought they had one of their own. Thanks so much for responding. 

I thought by now they'd have to give up their uniforms, but maybe they still go on appearances since she's going to be an all star right?

On 5/19/2017 at 7:48 AM, spazette said:

I am not nor have I ever been a dancer, so this is not a criticism of Erica at all but can someone please explain to me why that's a good solo? I adore Erica but I was kind of bored watching all that writhing around on the floor, but again I know nothing of dance or technique so I'm sure there is a lot more to it than I am aware of. 

Also, I find it ironic that Jinelle gets crap for using the same move over again when it seems like lots of gals do. Are these girls maybe choreographing their own routines and you stick with what you know? Maybe I should take some technique classes so I can understand! 

You have no idea how happy I am to read this comment. I was thinking the exact same thing. I love Erica but to me there was nothing spectacular about her solo. However, she did execute every move perfectly but to me she needed more pop. Add a few jumps or something. 

On 5/19/2017 at 7:24 PM, lfedncr said:

None of the solos actually were executed well. Erica and Holly did basically the same Style routines from previous years and  just rearranging the moves - Erica is in the same costume.  Lol apparently Holly went camandooooo ?

Ok, this is the 3rd comment about Holly's costume. I'm apparently missing something. Can someone please fill me in...please.

Erica wore the same outfit as last year? I did not pick up on that, does someone have a pic from last year tryouts. However, I do know that Stephanie wore the same outfit for her Rookie and 2nd year finals try outs.  Not that there is anything wrong with wearing the same outfit twice, I just call Erica one of my favs DCC and it bothers me when I miss details...lololololol. 

20 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

You have no idea how happy I am to read this comment. I was thinking the exact same thing. I love Erica but to me there was nothing spectacular about her solo. However, she did execute every move perfectly but to me she needed more pop. Add a few jumps or something. 

Ok, this is the 3rd comment about Holly's costume. I'm apparently missing something. Can someone please fill me in...please.

That's basically it for me with Erica's solo - nothing new or revolutionary (in fact I just recently went thru her IG and watched clips from her first year AND the "Dirty Diana" year and they are all soooo similar) but she just does it SO WELL that I'm like dang girl!!  If it ain't broke...LOL  Though I'd honestly love to see her do a hip hop solo some year, she is incredible at that style! 

Holly had a wardrobe malfunction - basically her top came off during solo and she had to run off.  

11 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Erica wore the same outfit as last year? I did not pick up on that, does someone have a pic from last year tryouts. However, I do know that Stephanie wore the same outfit for her Rookie and 2nd year finals try outs.  Not that there is anything wrong with wearing the same outfit twice, I just call Erica one of my favs DCC and it bothers me when I miss details...lololololol. 

Erica's costumes have all just been very similar.  Booty shorts with sparkly halter top...I believe she has a friend from her LSU tiger girls days tho that make them for her :)  

Exhibits A, B and C lol

this year: 

Last year: 

And two years ago: 

• Love 1
On May 15, 2017 at 6:41 PM, SignorinaMia said:

Brooke Sorensen is the choreographer for the Miami Dolphin Cheerleaders. 

Also - just because a lot of former DCC don't broadcast their entire lives on social media, it doesn't mean they aren't successful and/or happy post-DCC.

Most girls dance at this level because they enjoy dancing. Extra perks or springboards are bonuses, but not the end goal most of the time.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

That's basically it for me with Erica's solo - nothing new or revolutionary (in fact I just recently went thru her IG and watched clips from her first year AND the "Dirty Diana" year and they are all soooo similar) but she just does it SO WELL that I'm like dang girl!!  If it ain't broke...LOL  Though I'd honestly love to see her do a hip hop solo some year, she is incredible at that style! 

Holly had a wardrobe malfunction - basically her top came off during solo and she had to run off.  

Erica's costumes have all just been very similar.  Booty shorts with sparkly halter top...I believe she has a friend from her LSU tiger girls days tho that make them for her :)  

Exhibits A, B and C lol

this year: 

Last year: 

And two years ago: 

You are awesome! Thanks so much. I didn't think they were the same each year. Same style but different. 

OMG about Holly. Did they allow her to start over on her solo? 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Also - just because a lot of former DCC don't broadcast their entire lives on social media, it doesn't mean they aren't successful and/or happy post-DCC.

Most girls dance at this level because they enjoy dancing. Extra perks or springboards are bonuses, but not the end goal most of the time.

Seriously. Many of them don't even HAVE social media accounts! They're, uhm, enjoying their lives LOL!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

You are awesome! Thanks so much. I didn't think they were the same each year. Same style but different. 

OMG about Holly. Did they allow her to start over on her solo? 

lol no...i think it happened closer to end anyway from what i've gathered but yeah, i feel so bad for her because that's one of those freak things that could happen to anyone really.  it's not like she's a newbie dancer who has no idea that you often have to reinforce hooks/snaps/etc on costumes. 

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:25 PM, GingerJ said:

I think your thinking it too narrow. During the year or years these girls are DCC, they meet all kinds of movers and shakers across DFW. Whether their interests/degrees/talents lie in medicine, finance, marketing, technology, oil and gas... it doesn't matter. 99% of them aren't moving to Dallas and becoming DCC to have a lifelong professional dance career.

They're looking for the networking that's available to them as America's Sweethearts at Jerry Jones' events, or his clients events, or the team's events, or the team's sponsors' events. You could do one or two years on the squad, meet 30-300-3000 influential people, and if you're smart enough, ONLY ONE is enough! If you meet the right person, and you have the "prestige" of being a DCC, plenty of people will take a chance on you for your entry-level job, your paid internship, your startup... 

Former Cowboys like Troy or Emmit didn't fade away- they have their names on companies, charities, etc and everybody in Dallas knows all about them. For these women, the glory may not be so high profile, but the doors it opens are still powerful.  

I agree ... Pretty girls learn how to be even prettier and look / speak the part.  Pretty girls get access to rich powerful men.  Pretty girls get opportunities because rich powerful men like pretty girls.  Pretty girls get doors open for them and what they choose to do at that point is their call ....

Even job wise ... there's a reason why medtech companies seek out cheerleaders for their salesforce.  I'm sure Kelsey is good at her job but I doubt she had a difficult time getting the gig ...

And the beauty+brains people like Melissa or Amy or Cersten?  How good does it look to be smart AND be a DCC when you're applying for med school?  Who wouldn't want to give you an interview even to just see what you look like! 

Let's be honest ... in this world, beautiful and/or put together people have an advantage in life. 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

lol no...i think it happened closer to end anyway from what i've gathered but yeah, i feel so bad for her because that's one of those freak things that could happen to anyone really.  it's not like she's a newbie dancer who has no idea that you often have to reinforce hooks/snaps/etc on costumes. 

Holly and Kitty Carter re: finals wardrobe malfunction drama....

H1.JPG

H2.JPG

LOVE YOU HOLLS!!! XOXOXO

Edited by QuiteCalM
clarification, yo!
  • Love 6

Dancing sure isn't kind to a girl's feet (photos of bare feet).  

I love ballet and cannot imagine how dancers struggle through pain with battered toes in pointe shoes.  I can barely tolerate the dog stepping on my toes.

• Love 1