Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Full Circle

Gem 10

On 10/23/2017 at 7:37 PM, biakbiak said:

You mean during the montage where they were wearing different clothes?

No, there was an episode that comes to mind (can't remember which) where Jeff, Gage and the baby are alone in the evening at home. Jeff and Gage seemed to feel like, "Oh no, she's getting upset! We need to entertain the crap out of her!" Jeff keeps telling Gage to bring in this toy and that one, and on and on. Gage commented on how annoying some of the musical toys were, and Monroe seemed like she was annoyed that they kept forcing toys on her. That was my perception of it, anyway.

Edited by shoovenbooty
spelling and clarification
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I agree with most of what you're saying.  I think the problem is Monroe's reflux, which seems quite significant.  It goes beyond a comfort issue, although I will vouch for the fact that chronic GERD can be very painful.  The problem is that she's still a baby and can easily aspirate and even choke to death on that stomach acid.   So we see her upright all of the time which is advised by pediatricians.   I also thinks it's possible that they hyper react to her crying because it was once reflective of pain.

I think it's also why some see the dads detached, because they don't cradle her as she eats.  She needs to be as upright as possible, and they look at her and talk while she's eating.  At some point she will be allowed to lay flatter, and I imagine we will see her on the floor beginning to scoot.  These guys seem like they follow doctor's orders to the T, and they aren't going to keep her propped in chairs 24/7 once she's able to sit up properly.  Many parents are instructed to have babies with reflux sleep in their swings, so I'm not seeing anything unusual. 

I agree on the reflux issues (I had a baby with reflux, and that was a nightmare few months). Those issues aside, I just wonder if maybe they're being a little hypersensitive to the crying and thinking she needs constant interaction to be happy. Even when she is upright and a little fussy, they are scrambling to find something to entertain her with. Sometimes it's just "too much" for babies, and they can get overstimulated and even fussier.

I remember one scene where Gage is watching the monitor while Monroe wakes up from a nap, and while she's lying there happily Gage says, "Why isn't the nanny picking her up?" I'm assuming--only because I can't tell from the monitor video--that they have one end of her mattress elevated to help with her reflux. I took his comment as more of, "Hey, the baby is awake and someone should be paying attention to her!" than concern over her reflux. Again, just my perception based on the very little we get to see of Monroe ;)

• Love 2

Yeah .. Let's get on to what we didn't like (nothing wrong with that).  Everyday the table scene where they all eat that salad from a place.  What, couldn't lazy Zoila buy some cold cuts, bread and potato salad, coleslaw, fruit?  They all couldn't make sandwiches?  Jenny walking around a construction site 9 months pregnant, on planks of wood and garbage and up and down stairs.  How ridiculous.  Looked like she was hard up for money.  Plus, Jenny had nothing much to say most of the time except ride around with Jeff and look perplexed.  Couldn't stand that rocker chick (Styx) and her filthy mouth.  They thought she was funny?  Don't think so.  Neither was that Leigh and her friends from Florida who were building that  monster of a house.  Most of all, I couldn't stand Zoila and her entitlement in the house.  Looks like they finally found her out in the end.  I actually think she was jealous of the baby.  That's it.

46 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yeah .. Let's get on to what we didn't like (nothing wrong with that).  Everyday the table scene where they all eat that salad from a place.  What, couldn't lazy Zoila buy some cold cuts, bread and potato salad, coleslaw, fruit?  They all couldn't make sandwiches?  Jenny walking around a construction site 9 months pregnant, on planks of wood and garbage and up and down stairs.  How ridiculous.  Looked like she was hard up for money.  Plus, Jenny had nothing much to say most of the time except ride around with Jeff and look perplexed.  Couldn't stand that rocker chick (Styx) and her filthy mouth.  They thought she was funny?  Don't think so.  Neither was that Leigh and her friends from Florida who were building that  monster of a house.  Most of all, I couldn't stand Zoila and her entitlement in the house.  Looks like they finally found her out in the end.  I actually think she was jealous of the baby.  That's it.

Regarding daily takeout - I'm a pretty frugal person, so there's no way I would be indulging in that.  But many people who have to pinch pennies use these services on the daily.  I'm a sucker for Panera, not that they go there.  I'm sure they are either comped by the company, or they write them off on the business account.   I think they'd all stick their noses up in the air at a cold cut sandwich.

It didn't bother me too much to see Jenny at sites near her due date.  Most nurses work until they go into labor, and that's a physically demanding job.  I do find that Jeff is insensitive to any discomfort that Jenny has, regardless of the cause.  When she went to work with that infection so bad she could barely sit, he had no problem with her working a full day out of obligation.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

..... I'm sure they (lunches) are either comped by the company, or they write them off on the business account.  ........

This is 100% likely business writeoff. Many small business types charge everything as a business expense.  It's borderline legal, but the IRS doesn't bother with audits.  And honestly, most of the entrepreneur types I have encounter are pretty much talking business all day long, so everything they spend money on (gas/food/cars/utilities/housing/vacations) is borderline business related.  

• Love 3

Long time viewers of the show know Jeff's dislike for food cooking smells so good luck Monroe getting any cooked carrots unless there is an outdoor kitchen  in the blueprints of the rebuild.

The most cooking in the olden days was a microwaved hot pocket by Zoila for Jeff.

There may not even be a coffee maker since coffee fumes aren't pleasant.

• Love 2
On 10/27/2017 at 6:52 AM, humbleopinion said:

Long time viewers of the show know Jeff's dislike for food cooking smells so good luck Monroe getting any cooked carrots unless there is an outdoor kitchen  in the blueprints of the rebuild.

The most cooking in the olden days was a microwaved hot pocket by Zoila for Jeff.

There may not even be a coffee maker since coffee fumes aren't pleasant.

I wonder if there is something in Jeff's sensory scale that makes him super sensitive that way.  It is odd.  I've also noticed that he's not the most nutritiously minded with his food choices. I suppose that he's never had a weight issue, but, just for health reasons, you'd think he would be more aware.   He eats more like a college student than a grown man with a family.  And salads don't always transfer into healthy.  I recall he and Gage seeing a doctor a couple of years ago and he basically defended his decision to eat whatever he wants.  I think he had some health issues then, right?  

I found the wrap up of the show fake, but, pretty.  I wish them all well and time will tell, I suppose.  My guess is that Jeff has a financial plan to ease out of the relationship with Gage, while maintaining co-parenting. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if there is something in Jeff's sensory scale that makes him super sensitive that way.  It is odd. 

It's hyperosmia, and it's not fun.  I have it, and millions of people suffer from it.  Smells which once were only noticeable are now overpowering and intolerable.  Coffee, which you mentioned, is one of my triggers.  It cannot happen in my house now, and I used to drink it regularly.  Other foods, dryer softener sheets, all perfumes and colognes. . . .all cause issues for me.  Hyperosmia is linked to various immune system disorders, as in my case, but it sometimes occurs on its own.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

It's hyperosmia, and it's not fun.  I have it, and millions of people suffer from it.  Smells which once were only noticeable are now overpowering and intolerable.  Coffee, which you mentioned, is one of my triggers.  It cannot happen in my house now, and I used to drink it regularly.  Other foods, dryer softener sheets, all perfumes and colognes. . . .all cause issues for me.  Hyperosmia is linked to various immune system disorders, as in my case, but it sometimes occurs on its own.  

OMG.  Thanks for the info.   I'm sorry for your situation, but, now that you describe this.....I think I have a touch of it.  Not with food, but, other odors.  A small whiff can hit me wrong and be magnified.  Certain air fresheners, perfume, dye in fabrics, etc.  AND I have a couple of immune system disorders, Type I diabetes, skin conditions, allergies, etc.  Now, it all makes sense. So far, I'm okay on food odors though.  And I love coffee, the most.  I hope that doesn't change. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Certain air fresheners, perfume, dye in fabrics, etc. 

The things you mention are all derived from petrochemicals.  These are a known trigger for hyperosmia.  I have eliminated them in my home environment, but of course there is a big world out there.  I've actually left doctors' offices because of scented candles (petrochemicals again) and I've turned workmen away because they reeked of dryer softener and I could not let them into my house.  I get instant nausea and tingling in my tongue when around these things, then extreme vertigo if I cannot get to fresh air.  Foods are very bad for me as well, and that may be how Jeff's issues are manifesting.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

The things you mention are all derived from petrochemicals.  These are a known trigger for hyperosmia.  I have eliminated them in my home environment, but of course there is a big world out there.  I've actually left doctors' offices because of scented candles (petrochemicals again) and I've turned workmen away because they reeked of dryer softener and I could not let them into my house.  I get instant nausea and tingling in my tongue when around these things, then extreme vertigo if I cannot get to fresh air.  Foods are very bad for me as well, and that may be how Jeff's issues are manifesting.  

OMG!  I recently purchased some items from a second hand store.  They appeared brand new, but, had been washed, because the air freshener smell was OUT OF THE ROOF.  I commented about how they must be using a bottle per load on this clothes.  Hmmm....so, it's just me.  Oh well.  I empathize with Jeff and you!  One more thing.  Are essential oils okay?  We have them at work and they haven't bothered me in the diffuser. I think they are natural oils of good quality.  I was getting ready to get my own one for home use. 

2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

OMG!  I recently purchased some items from a second hand store.  They appeared brand new, but, had been washed, because the air freshener smell was OUT OF THE ROOF. 

Look online.  No one knws wht that smell is.  I used to buy the majority of my clothes at thrift stores, but that chemical smell is too much.  My theory is they are throwing a disinfecting fumigating bomb into their delivery trucks on the way to the store, because thrift stores do not wash their donations.  PM me for ways of gettig rid of that smell, but it really is not very easy.  There is no legal definition for essential oils, so you're own your own deciding what you can live with.  Some of them are derived from petrochemicals as well.  

• Love 1

Oh, I see.  I'll keep that in mind.  I washed the items that I purchased about 3 times and it finally came out.  It truly smells like a fabric softener to me. It's something that I don't use.  I even smell fragrance free fabric sheets for the dryer, so I don't use them. lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
On 10/20/2017 at 3:29 PM, Lady Writer said:

So I guess I'm the only one so far who found what seemed to be a nod to the Godfather with all the cutaways to outside action during the baptism somewhat unsettling. It was a great device in the film, but I personally wouldn't want any baby ceremony I had to recall that sequence. 

But I find religious ceremonies creepy in general anyway.

And I guess I'll be the small voice on here to say that babies should have a mother. That's nature's design.

What the actual f??  What site am I on? I've been reading iterations of this site since it was Mighty Big TV and while I mostly lurk now, I had to create an account to respond to this. I appreciate that people are being polite and understanding and expressing "different opinions," etc. but this is flat out homophobic and bigoted and frankly, disgusting.  Why on earth are you watching a show starring a gay man and his partner if you think that the fact that they're parents is somehow against nature's design?? I kept reading responses on this thread hoping that somebody would call this out but nobody did. So I realize this is probably against the "rules," but I couldn't just let this go.  And just so you know - I am a mother of two children, breastfed both of them (my first until she was 2.5 - yeah I was that mom) and I myself have a toxic, abusive mother and I have worked my whole life to make peace with that.  So yeah, I know me some "mommy issues." And though Jeff Lewis is not perfect, the fact that neither he nor Gage possesses a vagina or can make breast milk (don't even get me started on the breast milk nazis) says nothing about the sanctity of that beautiful baby's soul, nor her connection with her TWO parents that happen to have a penis and who, oh yeah, desperately love and want her. 

• Love 16
On 10/26/2017 at 6:19 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Regarding daily takeout - I'm a pretty frugal person, so there's no way I would be indulging in that.  But many people who have to pinch pennies use these services on the daily.  I'm a sucker for Panera, not that they go there.  I'm sure they are either comped by the company, or they write them off on the business account.   I think they'd all stick their noses up in the air at a cold cut sandwich.

It didn't bother me too much to see Jenny at sites near her due date.  Most nurses work until they go into labor, and that's a physically demanding job.  I do find that Jeff is insensitive to any discomfort that Jenny has, regardless of the cause.  When she went to work with that infection so bad she could barely sit, he had no problem with her working a full day out of obligation.

Jeff has always made a big deal about 1) the staff eating together and 2) ordering from different places every day. I recall on some of the early shows there were whole scenes around where they were ordering from and what they would have to eat. Also, Zoila HATED the lunch run because Jeff would always complain if she forgot something. There was an entire episode around his berating her until she cried because she picked up an order that was short one item (his). He wanted staff to go into the restaurant, check every item for correctness/completeness and then have it bagged. If it was already bagged he wanted her to unpack everything, and check it before leaving the restaurant. He was insane about his take out lunch routine. As was stated earlier, I think that the focus on the group lunches was around them being able to reflect them as business expenses and to charge back to clients or write them off. That's why everyone is there and eats at the same time each day.

• Love 1

Does anyone recall the neighborhood where the new houses are?  There's the one where they just moved into and across the street is the other one that is still under construction after several years.  I think they refer to it as New Hollywood.  Is that an actual neighborhood? What is it near?  Also, where was the house they just moved from and where Jeff taunts others that he will move back to.  He calls it Valley Vista.   What's so great about that location anyway.  Whenever he mentioned that place, people turned their nose up about it.  Why?  What Valley is it in?  I'm trying to view them on a map.  Is Valley Vista the street name? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
19 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone recall the neighborhood where the new houses are?  There's the one where they just moved into and across the street is the other one that is still under construction after several years.  I think they refer to it as New Hollywood.  Is that an actual neighborhood? What is it near?  Also, where was the house they just moved from and where Jeff taunts others that he will move back to.  He calls it Valley Vista.   What's so great about that location anyway.  Whenever he mentioned that place, people turned their nose up about it.  Why?  What Valley is it in?  I'm trying to view them on a map.  Is Valley Vista the street name? 

Old and new Hollywood are in the Hollywood Hills above Sunset Blvd.  It's a pricey, sought after area. I imagine Valley Vista is the street name (I think that's how he names most of his projects.) It is in the San Fernando Valley - I believe he mentioned it was in Sherman Oaks.  If you've ever heard of a "valley girl" - this is the valley the term refers to.  The valley is quite large and there are many different neighborhoods - some nicer than others. (Sherman Oaks is nice.) It is suburban, and the schools tend to be quite good but it is not "cool" like the Hollywood Hills, hence the sense that others may be turning up their noses. I believe Jenni lives in the valley as well. 

• Love 1

Thanks.  I'll see what I can find.  I recall that about Sherman Oaks now.  I have an old friend who moved there for a few years.  She saw some stars while living and working there.  She and her husband moved away through, because she said she couldn't find a house for under a million dollars. lol   I wish I had visited before she moved.  Oh well.  ...............................

Okay.  I found the two locations on a map and it's clearer in my mind now.  Valley Vista is just off of Ventura Blvd.  and north of Beverly Glenn, which, I think is pretty nice.  It does seem to be quite a ways out though.  Old and New Hollywood are just east of Beverly Hills and seems to be more in the middle of things.  I honestly can't see Jeff living up in the Vista address.  Even if he does have a young child. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Beverly+Hills,+CA/@34.1256121,-118.4518912,13z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c2bc04d6d147ab:0xd6c7c379fd081ed1!8m2!3d34.0736204!4d-118.4003563

Edited by SunnyBeBe

I remember those early lunch orders too. I think they ate from Chipotle a good part of the time. I recall him saying if they have squirt then 1/4 squirt and 3/4 fruit punch if they don't have squirt ( or 7-up) then  he would change the proportions. I started mixing fruit punch like that at a sandwich place where we ate a lot. 

If you only really get a short time for lunch and often his house was up in the hill I'd appreciate having lunch paid for android to choose what I wanted. 

On 10/30/2017 at 0:20 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

This is crazy talk.  The aroma of fresh coffee brewing is magnificent.

I agree - I hate the taste of coffee but LOOOOVE the smell.  I have often been fooled by the wonderful smell and yummy names of coffees in stores that had samples available.  They just tasted like gross coffee. 

On 10/31/2017 at 1:50 PM, Rlb8031 said:

Jeff has always made a big deal about 1) the staff eating together and 2) ordering from different places every day. I recall on some of the early shows there were whole scenes around where they were ordering from and what they would have to eat. Also, Zoila HATED the lunch run because Jeff would always complain if she forgot something. There was an entire episode around his berating her until she cried because she picked up an order that was short one item (his). He wanted staff to go into the restaurant, check every item for correctness/completeness and then have it bagged. If it was already bagged he wanted her to unpack everything, and check it before leaving the restaurant. He was insane about his take out lunch routine. As was stated earlier, I think that the focus on the group lunches was around them being able to reflect them as business expenses and to charge back to clients or write them off. That's why everyone is there and eats at the same time each day.

When I worked in retail we would often order lunch out and someone had to go pick it up.  After awhile I hated being the one to do it because of that very reason - having someone's order wrong and then it was your fault.  So I stopped offering.  I really appreciate the restaurants who show you your take out order before they bag it up to make sure it's correct and ok. Buffalo wild wings does it and just recently I had a local BBQ place do it too. 

• Love 1
On 10/30/2017 at 8:41 PM, Sleepy Baby Owl said:

What the actual f??  What site am I on? I've been reading iterations of this site since it was Mighty Big TV and while I mostly lurk now, I had to create an account to respond to this. I appreciate that people are being polite and understanding and expressing "different opinions," etc. but this is flat out homophobic and bigoted and frankly, disgusting.  Why on earth are you watching a show starring a gay man and his partner if you think that the fact that they're parents is somehow against nature's design?? I kept reading responses on this thread hoping that somebody would call this out but nobody did. So I realize this is probably against the "rules," but I couldn't just let this go.  And just so you know - I am a mother of two children, breastfed both of them (my first until she was 2.5 - yeah I was that mom) and I myself have a toxic, abusive mother and I have worked my whole life to make peace with that.  So yeah, I know me some "mommy issues." And though Jeff Lewis is not perfect, the fact that neither he nor Gage possesses a vagina or can make breast milk (don't even get me started on the breast milk nazis) says nothing about the sanctity of that beautiful baby's soul, nor her connection with her TWO parents that happen to have a penis and who, oh yeah, desperately love and want her. 

Babies deserve and need love, tenderness, kindness, positive energy, positive encouragement. It does not matter if the baby's "parents" are 2 men, 2 women, a man and a woman, 2 men and 4 women, or any combination of sexes. Just MO!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Babies deserve and need love, tenderness, kindness, positive energy, positive encouragement. It does not matter if the baby's "parents" are 2 men, 2 women, a man and a woman, 2 men and 4 women, or any combination of sexes. Just MO!

Not just your opinion, a fact.

• Love 3
On 10/20/2017 at 6:19 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I too was taken aback that Zoila wasn't at the baptism.  Her being out of the country makes sense.  I wondered if it was because Laura was there, or if she was pissy because she wasn't made Godmother.  Neither of these reasons would surprise me.  It was a beautiful part of the episode, and I'm glad they chose to share it with us.  Gage didn't appear to participate in the verbal part of the ceremony, so maybe this is yet another concession he made to Jeff.  I really do feel like he's going to get his heart ripped out of his chest one of these days by Jeff.  Jeff will get a couple of kiddos, and that'll be all the human interaction he will need...bye bye Gage.  Hope I'm wrong.

Was it just me, or did the finale of this episode have a bit of we're done with this show vibe to it?  Wouldn't surprise me.  I think JL is probably at the point that the income from Bravo isn't significant enough for him to be bothered with it.  We'll see.

That was odd to me too, but they really do sort of seem like parents of convenience.  They probably didn't want to risk her screaming through their luncheon.

eta - sounds harsh, I know...more than I intend, just don't know how else to say it I guess.

Further edit - read recently that the fires in the L.A. area were interrupting the filming of Flipping Out, so I guess there will be another season.  I am a bit surprised.

Just watching Bravo's reruns from last season of FO. The Queen (?) Of Versailles and her gaudy house. I don't know who is more despicable: the Queen or the other "Queen" (Jeff). He has become painful to watch the way he talks to everyone in such demeaning,insulting ways. He's not even funny anymore. Gage might want to consider hooking up with the nanny who has a crush on him. Lol!