Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: I'm A Little Boss

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

I agree.  I have difficulty reading some of the posts, it hurts my heart.  I won’t be be posting much.

I am a long time lurker-on this thread and several others. It wasn't until I read this that I felt the need to register and post something. I agree so much with this. I'm glad there are others who feel this way. Some posts seem really mean spirited and judgmental. I could understand if it's a Real Housewives forum, but it's not. And, the comments on their facebook page aren't any better. 

• Love 12

@Saffron And, the comments on their facebook page aren’t any better.

I follow them on Facebook and the comments are all very positive but they have a few profiles on FB, can you point me to the profile with negative comments?  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
Spelling

Hello, it's me again.  Please remember, at PTV we are allowed to snark on the show, which includes reality shows, and can include the people that are on the shows.  As long as we are not snarking on each other, we remain in line with our BE CIVIL rules.  To post or not to post is a personal decision.  To read or not to read is another personal decision.  And always remember, if there are posters that bother you, please put them on ignore.  Carry on.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Libby said:

They still have Maggie. When they put Rockie in the room with the pad, Bill's brother had Maggie in his arms. I think that they put her in the room with Rockie.

I missed that.  Good!!!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I follow them on Facebook and the comments are all very positive but they have a few profiles on FB, can you point me to the profile with negative comments?  

I believe it's the main one? I wasn't aware there are multiple pages. I wouldn't point out anyone specific because it really doesn't matter. Unfortunately, these types of comments come from people who lack empathy, probably aren't too fun to be around and have quite a bit of jealousy in their heart. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Mollysmom said:

People shouldn't make assumptions about something they know nothing about, unless they have that specific disability and have that personal experience. 

Thank you for this insightful comment.  There are way too many assumptions made on what people see.  I would imagine that his is hurtful but also sadly expected in today's society.  

As I have said before, there are multiple sides to every story. I really believe that we see only snippets of the Klein-Arnold life, those that TLC sees fit to air.  What happens in the household may be completely different.  And there is no "correct" parenting style, simply those to which we align ourselves.  In the end, Zoey and Will are truly blessed to have such caring and supportive parents considering their beginnings.

• Love 8
On 10/13/2017 at 2:03 PM, mythoughtis said:

Jen seems able to do her job. We saw her be on call for the NICU in past seasons. She would go get her step-stool by the Wall, bring it over to the incubator and climb up on it without any help.  There are medical personnel with all kinds of infirmaries- missing limbs, paralysis, seizures, etc. certain things would prevent certain specialties( shaky hands means no surgery for example).  I’m NOT a medical professional but  I’m not about to think that medical boards and hospital administrators care so little about their liability that they would look the other way. I’d trust Jen with the medical care of my infant.  I think  she picked  her specialty for a reason. She’s pretty realistic. 

ABC recently had a special about physicians that worked with physical disabilities and how they overcame them.  To me, being a doctor is 90% about intelligence, not physical fitness/

On 10/14/2017 at 3:49 PM, Kohola3 said:

In my 45 years, much of it in intensive care and ER, I never once had a doctor do CPR.  That's left to the nurses, EMTs, and respiratory therapists.  And even if annually certified, it's not something that you can just jump into if you are not in practice.  Docs do not get involved as they are handling the code and issuing orders for medications and other protocols.

Yes!  Docs rarely do CPR.   As to the step stool getting in the way, during a code.  The crash carts, at my work, have step stools on them. It is recommended that one stands on the stool to do effective compressions.  Also, infant cpr is different, in that you have to be careful not to push hard.  I would think Jen would not have any problems, where as a large person could easily compress too hard.

• Love 6

I am a nurse, and I'm not overly familiar with medical school training.  I will say that part of ACLS certification involves intubating an adult sized dummy.  I'm tall, and I've always struggled trying to get into proper position, but I can do it.  I honestly don't see Jen capable of that type of thing.  I think she's the perfect size for caring for neonates.  And I think she's absolutely brilliant.  I have no idea how physical limitations are handled in medical school, but I can honestly say I've never seen a nurse with any type of limitation being catered to.  But then we're usually the ones jumping in, sweating, and breaking our backs, while the doctors stand at a safe distance shouting out instructions.  I recently watched a special on one of networks with doctors with different types of disabilities.  There was one doctor who was blind, one who was paralyzed below the waist, and (I think) one who had a muscular condition that required he be accompanied by a therapy dog.  Whether they received accommodations through med school, I have no idea.  

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:06 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree.  I think that it's a fair assessment and I adore Bill and Jen. They are good people.  I just don't agree with their parenting style.   I do think that Jen will insist on some things from the kids though and I suspect that part of her is curtailed for the show for her own reasons.  Probably, so she doesn't look like the heavy, while cool and lenient dad looks more fun.  Just my take on it.  

And as adorable and lovely as the kids can be at times, I find that I enjoyed the show much more before they became the center of focus.  I actually look forward to the scenes without the kids.  I know that TLC thinks that two, screaming, demanding kids making  a total mess out of things is ratings gold, but, I don't.  They encourage this crap with other people's kids too, like the Putman's on Meet The Putman's.  The producers for TLC just don't see things the way I do.  So, I may not be as much of a long time viewer as I want to be.  I won't keep watching something that annoys me.  I hope this show can return with a little more of the spark that I used to like.  

I really feel for Jen in this area.  I have a similar personality to Jen, and I can't begin to guess how many times in her life she's been told she's too uptight, too serious, too much of a perfectionist, too controlling, and/or too OCD.  When Bill does something dumb with the kids and she laughs along, I often wonder if she's really amused, is just being supportive of Bill, or is possibly remembering being told she's too serious.  I continue to think that Jen would choose to be more strict, but doesn't want to go against Bill.  In the short term, it's really just easier to be indulgent.

• Love 2

I dont see the REASON this show is still on. Great they adopted some little children from another country. We have SO MANY kids right here that NEED loving homes, I dont understand the international adopt thing. But HUGE was how MISBEHAVED, lack of manners, their kids have, its POOR PARENTING. The WILL kid is like 7 years old but he must have some development issues since he acts as he is 3 maybe 4 years old, if he doesnt then he is a MASSIVE MONSTER child. It takes so much more LOVE to discipline a child then to just ignore or give in, because the saying it hurts me more than you is so very true when it comes to discipline and BOTH of their kids NEED it. The cake thing was PURELY GROSS.  

On 10/26/2018 at 4:44 PM, TRUSAG said:

I dont see the REASON this show is still on. Great they adopted some little children from another country. We have SO MANY kids right here that NEED loving homes, I dont understand the international adopt thing. But HUGE was how MISBEHAVED, lack of manners, their kids have, its POOR PARENTING. The WILL kid is like 7 years old but he must have some development issues since he acts as he is 3 maybe 4 years old, if he doesnt then he is a MASSIVE MONSTER child. It takes so much more LOVE to discipline a child then to just ignore or give in, because the saying it hurts me more than you is so very true when it comes to discipline and BOTH of their kids NEED it. The cake thing was PURELY GROSS.  

I don't know if it was ever expressed at the time they started to look into adoption, but perhaps their short-statured condition would have been enough for adoption agencies to turn them away? And I know one of the advantages to Will and Zoey being adopted by a well-to-do couple was that their medical needs would be taken care of. They won't realize this for a long time, and has been said in other episode threads, they may resent being taken away from their birth countries, but objectively it's true.

• Love 5

I had not heard that before so thank you for enlightening me. the fact they wanted to offer children Health care they would not otherwise receive is SO VERY thoughtful & kind. I was under the belief that Both of the childrens Birth place had universal health care & I ASSUMED it also covered children in Orphanages, which I fall into that catagory of WHAT happens when u ASS-UME lol. thank you for sharing with me. 

37 minutes ago, TRUSAG said:

I had not heard that before so thank you for enlightening me. the fact they wanted to offer children Health care they would not otherwise receive is SO VERY thoughtful & kind. I was under the belief that Both of the childrens Birth place had universal health care & I ASSUMED it also covered children in Orphanages, which I fall into that catagory of WHAT happens when u ASS-UME lol. thank you for sharing with me. 

It's really sad, but a lot of places take a  Draconian approach towards who gets help. I was watching a documentary once about an orphanage for disabled children in rural Ukraine. One of the girls had chronic respiratory issues and had to go to the hospital on emergency. The doctor flat-out told the caretaker he wasn't going to waste the hospital's limited resources treating a child who had no future. I think they gave her a nebulizer or something, but there was no testing or attempts at long-range treatment. I don't know if China and India operate in a similar manner, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:39 AM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I don't know about Saffron, but I've seen some really nasty and negative comments on the TLC The Little Couple Facebook page. 

On 10/11/2017 at 12:51 AM, BitterApple said:

I thought it was sweet how eager Will was to help with the baby. Zoe losing interest after about five minutes was pretty funny as well. 

I was completely grossed out by the cake making scene.

It seemed like Jen's brother was ready to toss everyone out the house by the time the baptism rolled around. I don't understand why it was so difficult to leave on time when there were six adults and only three children. At first I thought it was fake drama for the show, but Jen's brother and his wife seemed genuinely pissed, so maybe not. 

I did think Jen and Zoe looked really nice at the ceremony. I loved their dresses.

We have a terrible time getting my parents and ILs out of our house on time, lol.  None of them are inmobile or have any issues, they've just slow to get moving.  

• Love 1
On 10/10/2017 at 11:45 PM, sATL said:

oh.. Bill made a comment that they missed the diaper and bottle feedings stage... didn't the get both children before they were potty trained ?

Will was potty trained in 2016, and Zoe was potty trained in 2015, so on season 11 episode 4, Zoe was potty trained, and Will may have been potty trained because it premiered on January 26, 2016.