Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Stocko Syndrome

Oh hi Chris Elliot! I really hope Glenn sticks around, but it seems like the worst always happens to people named Glenn on post-apocalyptic shows. At least he wasn't making any moves on Carol. Well, yet.

Who here was expecting Pamela to somehow end up in stocks on the boat? Being dragged along on the raft until who knows when was a decent enough punishment, I guess.

Again, Tandy, you dumb. But, again, it wasn't his fault he was in his situation, just from being very naive. 

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

I don't call this show last man on earth anymore.. I call it last people on earth now. :)  Chris Elliot!!!! What a surprise! So glad to see him! I wonder how long until they kill him off. :(

• Love 1

Given the Chris Elliott casting, that was a bit more dramatic than I was expecting. Still, he's no stranger to dark material (I seem to recall the 2nd season of 'Get a Life!' had his character getting killed in nearly every episode), and Glenn having been stranded alone on an island since before The Virus hit was an interesting touch -- though he's spent the last five years on his own, the whole time he'd been holding out hope that people were still out there -- as was having him call out the Tandy Crew for wanting to kick Pamela out of the group. 

As for Pamela, I like that she acknowledged how not only her years of isolation in the bunker, but also the way she was before The Virus, contributed to her problems dealing with the other survivors. And of course, I got a kick out of seeing KWiig and Forte play off of each other (and even sing a bit, as they used to on SNL in those "Spaceships, Toddlers, Model-T Cars and Jars of Beer" sketches). :D 

Edited by GRChereck
typo
  • Love 3

I loved the song. The two of them are so fantastic together. And she must really love him to be in MacGruber (Boom!). 

I am worried about Glen.  When they revealed he'd been there longer than the virus I figured we had another Mike on our hands.  Of course if Erica falls in love with him he's absolutely doomed.

Edited by HotRats2112
my wickid awesome spelleng
  • Love 3

Did anyone catch the title of the book Pamela was reading? It was a mock autobiography of Lester Holt, and it had some sort of Holt pun in the title. It cracked me up and I regret not writing it down and remembering it.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Did anyone catch the title of the book Pamela was reading? It was a mock autobiography of Lester Holt, and it had some sort of Holt pun in the title. It cracked me up and I regret not writing it down and remembering it.

"Can't Holt Me Back!"

• Love 4

Nobody could survive just on coconuts. Has it been established there are no fish anymore? Tandy and Carol did find that one live fish last season (or it might have been S2); and of course, there was the cow. And Jeremy.

Edited by iMonrey

Oooh, that's so true, if Glen hasn't been affected by the virus then he might still catch it from one of them if they still have it dormant?

Intersting that they didn't establish how he ended up on that island in the first place.

I'm trying to figure out where that little island may be -- possibly off the coast of California or Mexico?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Big Mother said:

Intersting that they didn't establish how he ended up on that island in the first place.

Yeah, I kinda hoped he would get into that after he talked about his kids; but I have a feeling the writers may be sitting on that bit of info for now, for some reason...

Loved the Chris Elliot story and appearance. 

I know its a comedy, but in regard to the people they come across, they really need to try and keep anyone alive they possible can for the survival of the race. 

Tandy and Chris Elliot together should be an interesting pair

• Love 2
On 10/8/2017 at 9:22 PM, sonyab said:

I don't call this show last man on earth anymore.. I call it last people on earth now. :)  Chris Elliot!!!! What a surprise! So glad to see him! I wonder how long until they kill him off. :(

I always think of the tag line on Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams: "The fifth book in the increasingly inaccurately named Hitchhikers Trilogy"

On 10/8/2017 at 9:39 PM, GRChereck said:

As for Pamela, I like that she acknowledged how not only her years of isolation in the bunker, but also the way she was before The Virus, contributed to her problems dealing with the other survivors. And of course, I got a kick out of seeing KWiig and Forte play off of each other (and even sing a bit, as they used to on SNL in those "Spaceships, Toddlers, Model-T Cars and Jars of Beer" sketches). :D 

I legitimately don't know how they manage not to get the giggles every time they play off of one another, especially when they were in each other's face singing SAAAILING. 

Loved the introduction of Chris Elliot. I am not sure how long he will stick around, but it would be interesting to see his reaction to the world now that everything is gone. The rest of the characters have had years to deal with everyone being dead. I liked his optimism, though. I would hate to see it diminished. Wouldn't it be amazing if he went home and his kids were just sitting there waiting for him. 

• Love 2