Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, boes said:

This parentage retread is ridiculous and infuriating, but considering how many times John's parentage has been changed and the exhaustive storylines each one got, I hope it's only a matter of time before Alex finds out that he's not Victor's son and Xander is.

I'm hoping that when the blessed day dawns, he also finds out that he's not Justin and Angelica's child either.  Instead, the real Alex Kiriakis was switched in the cradle with a baby armadillo and this not-Alex leaves Salem to troll the highways of Texas looking for his real family.

Either that, or maybe Show can get Dick Van Dyke to be his father, too.

Ah, @boes, my eternal thanks for looking out for my blood pressure. As angry as this shit makes me, your comedic takes on it all help to reduce said rage. Laughter is a lot more fun. 😎

• Like 3
  • Love 3
On 9/19/2023 at 8:26 PM, WendyCR72 said:

All plot, including Xander/Chloe, but maybe it was also an out for Chloe, too. If she truly loved him, why wouldn't she stay? It's 2023. Xander can co-parent with Sarah and still be with Chloe.

I actually think Chloe leaving is in character for who she's been for the past several years. Chloe let Lucas go when he needed to help Allie with her drinking problem - which the writers seemingly forgot about.

Chloe also didn't resume her relationship with Brady because she didn't want to negatively impact his relationship with Rachel.

Part of Chloe's reasoning for being against Leo and Craig was how Leo would impact her relationship with Craig, her father.

Chloe's belief that parents and children should be together has been quite solidified over the past few years. I think it's in character for her to leave Xander, so she doesn't impact his relationship with Victoria.

To your point about it being 2023, I agree, but I don't think Chloe would.

Ironically, this would be the second time Chloe revealed the paternity of a child that had drastic repercussions for Sarah and Rex. The first time was with Emily/Rex/MiMi/Sarah/Bonnie.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Artsda said:

At least someone cares about Xander enough to tell the truth.   Justin, Maggie or Bonnie should have done it already. 

Maggie, I understand. She may disapprove, but Sarah is her daughter.

But Justin and/or Bonnie, yeah. Then again, they may just want to stay out of it, so...

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Anyone know how long Viv is around this time? The stupid will story may be coming to an end, so once that is resolved, there is no reason for her to stay. And Philip can get Chloe on his own after what she overheard today. Do they leave together?

Can Viv stay? Maybe meet Timothy?

I love her. Not so much the writing but her natural spark. She's wonderful.

Maybe that's exactly what we'll get. But it would make more sense for her to go check in on her son.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Maggie, I understand. She may disapprove, but Sarah is her daughter.

But Justin and/or Bonnie, yeah. Then again, they may just want to stay out of it, so...

Does Justin care about Xander though? Same with Bonnie? I mean..

• Like 4
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Unless it's her and her son lol.

1 hour ago, boes said:

Her what, now???

I hate that NB left the show. With Tate and Holly being SORASED, I'm certain a teenage Parker would have joined them had she still been there.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I am a little confused by the preview - so Alex is really Victor's son? And Justin didn't know? We get it - RSW is the golden boy, but why do that to Victor's memory or to Justin?

I am glad to see Xander interrupt Sarah's fakey fake wedding. I wish he could use that to take the baby away from her, but I am sure they will end up married and miserable, or until Linsey needs to leave again.

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I am a little confused by the preview - so Alex is really Victor's son? And Justin didn't know? We get it - RSW is the golden boy, but why do that to Victor's memory or to Justin?

I am glad to see Xander interrupt Sarah's fakey fake wedding. I wish he could use that to take the baby away from her, but I am sure they will end up married and miserable, or until Linsey needs to leave again.

We are all guessing Theresa messed with the letter to make it look like Alex is the son when it's really Xander. Angelica never slept with Victor but neither are alive to dispute this 

I'm also over Sarah. He has such a healthy relationship with Chloe and you know that's doomed now

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Been mulling this over. I know we don't have a lot of confidence in the writers but from a narrative perspective what does it matter if Alex was somehow Victor's son through a miracle that involved Angelica never having sex with him? He gets a wad of money and has even more sleazy sex and Justin remains his dad. End of story.

We saw Theresa open up the briefcase so she knows exactly what was in there. We know she hates Xander and she blames him for her and Brady not being together. The writers even reminded us of this by giving them a completely unnecessary scene together. She wants to get revenge on him for that and she wants to get a payday from her new mark. Changing the letter to say that AlexanDER instead of AlexanDROS is Victor's son would be too easy an opportunity to pass up. It has to be Xander being Victor's son. 

The writers didn't have Sarah name her daughter Victoria Margaret just to honour a stepfather she didn't even like. Ultimately the story will be that Victor and Maggie have a granddaughter together. Who is already named after them both. Cause they were true love and she never had a husband named Mickey

I'm hoping there was a letter from Victor to Xander in there too that she swiped, where he explains he just found out (he retrieved these letters only after Kayla mentioned them) and if he'd known he'd have rescued him from his awful childhood with his alcoholic mother.

Leaving half of everything to Xander as a result of guilt makes more sense too. What did Alex lack growing up? He had a family and two parents 

I am fully anticipating Xander’s mother coming to town in 6 months and this all coming to light. Of course Alex will have wrecked the company by then.

Also when Alex finds out what are the "moving" Victor flashback moments to show what this means to him?? Victor telling him to put some clothes on? Asking him to spy on Sonny? Big whoop.  Xander on the other hand has so many, especially when Victor was in the hospital and right after he saved Maggie's life in the prison 

Also Peter Reckell seems to know something 

Screenshot_20230923_160905_X.jpg

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Been mulling this over. I know we don't have a lot of confidence in the writers but from a narrative perspective what does it matter if Alex was somehow Victor's son through a miracle that involved Angelica never having sex with him? He gets a wad of money and has even more sleazy sex and Justin remains his dad. End of story.

We saw Theresa open up the briefcase so she knows exactly what was in there. We know she hates Xander and she blames him for her and Brady not being together. The writers even reminded us of this by giving them a completely unnecessary scene together. She wants to get revenge on him for that and she wants to get a payday from her new mark. Changing the letter to say that AlexanDER instead of AlexanDROS is Victor's son would be too easy an opportunity to pass up. It has to be Xander being Victor's son. 

The writers didn't have Sarah name her daughter Victoria Margaret just to honour a stepfather she didn't even like. Ultimately the story will be that Victor and Maggie have a granddaughter together. Who is already named after them both. Cause they were true love and she never had a husband named Mickey

I'm hoping there was a letter from Victor to Xander in there too that she swiped, where he explains he just found out (he retrieved these letters only after Kayla mentioned them) and if he'd known he'd have rescued him from his awful childhood with his alcoholic mother.

Leaving half of everything to Xander as a result of guilt makes more sense too. What did Alex lack growing up? He had a family and two parents 

I am fully anticipating Xander’s mother coming to town in 6 months and this all coming to light. Of course Alex will have wrecked the company by then.

Also when Alex finds out what are the "moving" Victor flashback moments to show what this means to him?? Victor telling him to put some clothes on? Asking him to spy on Sonny? Big whoop.  Xander on the other hand has so many, especially when Victor was in the hospital and right after he saved Maggie's life in the prison 

Not that it matters on this show but isn't Xander's mother dead also? I recall him mentioning this to Maggie and that she was a drunk also.

52 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

My only memory of her and Parker is her screaming "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!" at him crying as a baby. 

You know it would be an interesting story if it turned out Chloe just isn't attached to Parker. She didn't really have parents until she met Craig/Nancy herself so I don't think it's farfetched she isn't maternal.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Not that it matters on this show but isn't Xander's mother dead also? I recall him mentioning this to Maggie and that she was a drunk also.

Nope. Just watched that scene. She's alive but disowned him the first time he went to prison

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I must've missed that then that could actually happen. I wonder if she'll have an Scottish accent too.

She's Scottish so yes. Just hope they find a real Scot. Americans doing regional UK accents can be dicey

Dream casting: Shirley Henderson aka Moaning Myrtle. She's 57 so a bit young but I love her. Especially in the Bridget Jones films

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

This post relieves me greatly - except for the part where Theresa gets screamed at for reverting to a money-grubbing bedroom demon, which we all know is coming once the truth comes out.

I hope Peter doesn't get in deep shit for that tweet. We still need an un-coma-ed Bo.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I was obviously never a fan of Theresa, but she had shown growth. So I don't get why she has to regress just because an actress known for playing a scheming bitch [Gwen] is taking over.

Isn't acting about playing different characters?

(But then, I hate this whole recycling with this casting, as I have already bitched about plenty.)

• Like 4
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

You know it would be an interesting story if it turned out Chloe just isn't attached to Parker. She didn't really have parents until she met Craig/Nancy herself so I don't think it's farfetched she isn't maternal.

It would be cool, kind of like Ordinary People without the animosity. I do think Chloe being detached from Parker would make a lot of sense but I can't see the show caring enough to actually depict that without making Chloe look like a heartless bitch.

• Like 7

Apparently Theresa's arc was planned as 12 week story, so unless EOB really takes off in the role we should be done by November with that. I imagine the audience will be privy to whatever she doctored on that letter long before any of the characters are. Not looking forward to months of Benalex preening as Titan CEO. Once we hear Xander's mother has been cast (it has to happen, she's the only one who can confirm the true story) we'll know it's coming to a head

• Like 7
11 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Apparently Theresa's arc was planned as 12 week story, so unless EOB really takes off in the role we should be done by November with that. I imagine the audience will be privy to whatever she doctored on that letter long before any of the characters are. Not looking forward to months of Benalex preening as Titan CEO. Once we hear Xander's mother has been cast (it has to happen, she's the only one who can confirm the true story) we'll know it's coming to a head

Are you sure? Because I don't think this show really cares whether a character is a hit if they like the actor/actress enough. So I think EOB will stay as Theresa which makes not casting her as Theresa in the first place even more absurd.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't think this show really cares whether a character is a hit if they like the actor/actress enough.

Hahahahahahaha!! 🤣

Talk about an understatement! So true.

....so we were warned something like 5 actresses were cut from the series in May, right? So now they're all leaving...but who are they? Chloe and Belle....and who else?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hahahahahahaha!! 🤣

....so we were warned something like 5 actresses were cut from the series in May, right? So now they're all leaving...but who are they? Chloe and Belle....and who else?

Maybe it included Linsey Godfrey and Tamara Braun at that time?

But now they are obviously back - and have contracts.

(Or maybe it wasn't them. Who knows?)

• Like 2
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hahahahahahaha!! 🤣

Gabi. Talia. Gwen. But EOB stays as Theresa

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Gabi. Talia. Gwen. But EOB stays as Theresa

That feels like a nice little tricky "gotcha" that a gossip blogger would love to pull on people.

So yeah, I'd go with Chloe, Belle, Gabi, Talia, and Gwen. (With the caveat that EOB immediately returns as Theresa.)

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3

Monday, October 2, 2023 

- Gwen confronts Leo.

- Vivian intervenes with Dimitri.

- Jada and Shawn come to blows.

- Belle turns to Marlena for support.

Tuesday, October 3, 2023 

- An unexpected visitor catches Rafe off guard.

- Ava and Harris find themselves in a dangerous situation.

- Belle confronts Shawn.

Wednesday, October 4, 2023 

- Rafe and Tripp find themselves in a life-threatening situation.

- EJ gives his inside man new orders.

- Chloe's conversation with Xander has an unexpected outcome.

- Kate tries to talk sense into Rex.

Thursday, October 5, 2023 

- Chloe and Philip make a life-changing decision.

- EJ sees a familiar face.

- Rex gets attacked.

- Sarah faces criticism for her actions.

Friday, October 6, 2023 

- Alex stakes a claim.

- Gabi offers Vivian a warning.

- Dimitri is threatened by Gwen.

- Brady returns to Salem with a familiar face

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Is EOB seriously going to be playing 2 roles? That is so damn dumb lol.

She is but I think this refers to Tate

So the obvious assumption is that Xander attacks Rex, but I think it might be a hit on Xander from EJ gone wrong (they mix up Sarah's husbands). I think if it were Xander we would get "Rex and Xander come to blows" lol

Pics for tomorrow. That murder scene looks fake af

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2023/09/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-september-29.html?fbclid=IwAR2ihZtynCAJPLqJ-A_CbOFEmWWvj4XLO5XfTB7oEkUTmDIEaVsT03xI7MU

• Like 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

- Brady returns to Salem with a familiar face

Is EOB seriously going to be playing 2 roles? That is so damn dumb lol.

1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

I am kind of surprised that EOB is going to start playing Theresa while she is still Gwen, so I hope they hurry up and get rid of Gwen SOON.

That said, I think the familiar face must be Gwen/Theresa since Tate would not be a familiar face as we haven't seen him in years and they just cast a SORAS'd actor.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

So the obvious assumption is that Xander attacks Rex, but I think it might be a hit on Xander from EJ gone wrong (they mix up Sarah's husbands). I think if it were Xander we would get "Rex and Xander come to blows" lol

Pics for tomorrow. That murder scene looks fake af

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2023/09/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-september-29.html?fbclid=IwAR2ihZtynCAJPLqJ-A_CbOFEmWWvj4XLO5XfTB7oEkUTmDIEaVsT03xI7MU

So, from those spoiler pictures it looks like Viv gets carted away by police after snatching that paper out of Maggie's hands...and pulling a gun on Dimitri? So I guess it's right back to prison then for her?

Sigh. They shouldn't keep writing out Viv/Louise with such finality. She's such a pro and should be able to pop in and out every few months.

And I'm so lost as to Kristin pulling a gun...and then the "murder scene" ??? What is that even about? I doubt they're killing Gabi and Stefan. I mean...I hope they're not killing Gabi!

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

That said, I think the familiar face must be Gwen/Theresa since Tate would not be a familiar face as we haven't seen him in years and they just cast a SORAS'd actor.

I assume the "familiar face" is Tate and it's just poor wording.

I'd like to think they wouldn't have Emily play both characters at once. This situation is already so absurd - taking a cameo return and then writing more than the actress has time to film, then firing her without telling her and giving the role to another actress in the show already in the middle of a complex storyline? - that putting Gwen and "Theresa 2.0" in the same episode seems too dumb for even these people to attempt.

Right? Please?

Ugh.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
14 hours ago, brisbydog said:

- Alex stakes a claim

Now I really cannot wait for the rug to be pulled out from under Alex.

He doesn't even seem to blink before shedding Justin as his father.

Jerk.

And if/when the spec about Xander is true, I hope he rubs it in Alex's smug face.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Now I really cannot wait for the rug to be pulled out from under Alex.

He doesn't even seem to blink before shedding Justin as his father.

Jerk.

And if/when the spec about Xander is true, I hope he rubs it in Alex's smug face.

I hope Alex hasn't spent all the money and tanked Titan by then. I'm hearing 12 week arc so we should know by end of November. Paul did refer to Victor's death as an ongoing plot point for Xander and referred to him first as a father figure and then Uncle/father. No way is this Alex thing real. I'll be skipping him going forward. Nauseating 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Is anybody Team Rex here? Doesn't he have a kid in Chicago he hasn't seen in weeks? Whose mother lied about his paternity?

Yeah, with Mimi. Let Rex go raise HIS spawn already.

Not to mention, he also cheated on Sarah with Sarah's own biological half-sister, Noelle Curtis. So Rex being all high and mighty is a big joke.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
On 9/27/2023 at 3:34 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Maybe it included Linsey Godfrey and Tamara Braun at that time?

But now they are obviously back - and have contracts.

(Or maybe it wasn't them. Who knows?)

I believe it did as we heard 7 actresses and one actor were cut. So Chloe, Belle, Talia, Gabi, Jen Lilley Theresa, Ava and Sarah. Probably Shawn as the lone male 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
17 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Didn't JL choose to leave? Same with CB

Jl was essentially fired and replaced with EOB. She's still in shock about how it went down 

CB similar to MM. Wanted to do other stuff and AA said no

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1

Lilley reached out to say she'd like to briefly return/cameo during Victor's funeral, if they were interested in that. Albert A (and maybe the others?) were interested, said they'd get back to her, got back to her with a 12 week storyline, she said "thank you so much, but um...that's more than I can do with my schedule, how about 4 weeks?" and they said "okay, we'll make that work and squeeze 12 weeks of story into 4." She agreed.

Then, as she was wrapping up her shooting days and noticing the storyline they'd told her about was barely underway, she asked what was going to happen in her final scripts and AA finally told her that "someone else" would be completing the storyline as Theresa.

JL realized then she'd been recast/fired and that this person had been forced to keep the secret from her the whole time. She asked who it was, AA said it was Emily OB and JL went to her, said she knew and hugged her and that it was okay.

That's the story she told the media. I wasn't quite sure why she'd say anything publicly at all...but upon reflection, yeah, they completely fired her in a really obvious way. They could have just chosen to bring the character of Theresa back with a new performer from the get-go, but to welcome JL back, essentially demand more time than she had available to give, let her film and secretly give her part away to another actor already on the show? That only makes it look like JL did something wrong and was abruptly fired with no time to even find a replacement.

Consider: when the character of Eric needed to be played by someone else because GV couldn't do it (covid was it?), they found someone new to fill in. Having EOB step in, when she's already a front-burner character, just makes it seem like a panicked recast in the wake of JL screwing up somehow. No wonder she had to set the record straight.

When Tyler Chrisopher's personal issues got him outright fired from the show, they hired someone new to play Stefan. They didn't suddenly have Kyle L playing him AND Rex or something weird.

And to her credit, JL's interview explaining all this emphasized that she supported EOB (unnamed) because JL had played a recast once before and knew how difficult that could be, with fans as loyal as they are.

I wonder if she'll ever play Theresa again, honestly, after being jerked around like this.

They could have just said from the beginning, "we need Theresa back for 12 weeks, if you can't do it we'll find someone else, sorry, that's just what it needs to be" and been clear and above board. Letting her come back, lying about how it would play out and secretly having her replaced - which could really hurt her reputation - was not cool at all.

...I guess I'm naive but I really don't understand why people are so back-stabby sometimes when there's a bond there. Wasn't JL good at her job? Wasn't she well-liked by her peers? Why mess with her like that?

And how often does stuff like this happen in daytime? (Thinks back to Hope's "exit", Bo's multiple exits, etc).

_____

Place your bets: Are Shawn and Belle splitting or divorcing (again)...or will they stay together in the wake of this new affair?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 7