Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

The rumor is that Vivian might have been the one to take possession of Tater Tot. Sge used to be married to Victor, right? Would they still be on good enough terms to cooperate on this?

I'd love to see Theresa go up against Viv.

• Love 1

Orpheus was a villain that was in the Stockholm storyline.....Stockholm started out as Victor's revenge against Shane/Kim...Mostly Shane, he set him up for treason...It later morphed into Orpheus trying to hurt Jarlena..John who was Roman back then. It was an umbrella story that featured Victor, John as Roman, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Kim, Shane,Steve and Kayla...Kayla was mostly caught in the crossfire, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time...He kidnapped Kayla and Steve later rescued her...Bo went undercover pretending to want to get close to Victor as his son, causing angst for him and everybody,especially Hope...Orpheus' vendetta was against Roman who  killed his wife by accident, during a sting operation, leaving his two children without a mother..He was targeting Jarlena.. He did kidnap Marlena to raise his son and daughter....John was hellbent on rescuing her..It was a long story, and so damn good...The best umbrella story....Days will never be that good..Orpheus was a great villain and not a cartoon like Stefano...The actor was wonderful as well...He and Deidre had terrific chemistry as adversaries..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Orpheus was a villain that was in the Stockholm storyline.....Stockholm started out as Victor's revenge against Shane/Kim...Mostly Shane, he set him up for treason...It later morphed into Orpheus trying to hurt Jarlena..John who was Roman back then. It was an umbrella story that featured Victor, John as Roman, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Kim, Shane,Steve and Kayla...Kayla was mostly caught in the crossfire, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time...He kidnapped Kayla and Steve later rescued her...Bo went undercover pretending to want to get close to Victor as his son, causing angst for him and everybody,especially Hope...Orpheus' vendetta was against Roman who  killed his wife by accident, during a sting operation, leaving his two children without a mother..He was targeting Jarlena.. He did kidnap Marlena to raise his son and daughter....John was hellbent on rescuing her..It was a long story, and so damn good...The best umbrella story....Days will never be that good..Orpheus was a great villain and not a cartoon like Stefano...The actor was wonderful as well...He and Deidre had terrific chemistry as adversaries..

Thank you!

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree with this 1,000% but I have to note Orpheus was gone before Inheritance Baby Corday, and his roving band of horrendous writers had the opportunity to gut and otherwise destroy the character the way they did with Stefano, Jack, Bo, Steve, Jennifer, Hope, etc., etc.  so while I am excited in theory, I fear what these losers will do to gut the love we long time viewers have for Orpheus.  I mean, look at who they have him paired with, this can't end well.

As an aside, I always thought that the only thing that could have made the Orpheus more killer would have been if he was revealed to be Stefano's nephew.  I mean how is it that Stefano had six brothers and the only progeny was Andre, who has now been retconned to be Stefano, meaning he was the only Diemra brother who reproduced.  

I rewatched the promo twice trying to figure out why Paul, if I were any blander, I'd make air taste like it has flavor, was at the wedding and then I remembered they are still trying to sell us on his being John's son.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Rick Kitchen said:

It just occurred to me, though, that if Vivian comes back, please, Show, don't re-address John's parentage.

There is a new headwriting team in place, it always gets changed at the writers' whim...lol....He should have stayed as Roman..

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Rick Kitchen said:

It just occurred to me, though, that if Vivian comes back, please, Show, don't re-address John's parentage.

I read somewhere that LS, who played Vivian had a pretty nasty break from the show and that the shower nears had treated her pretty crappily, surprise, surprise, so it's doubtful she will return, but you never know.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Happytobehere said:

I read somewhere that LS, who played Vivian had a pretty nasty break from the show and that the shower nears had treated her pretty crappily, surprise, surprise, so it's doubtful she will return, but you never know.

True..Money talks..Matthew has come back  as Jack ,after being treated like crap and it started with James E. Reilly back in the 90's...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Was there more than one Stockholm storyline?  I remember Stockholm with Bo & Steve and Britta, and remember when Bo pretended to get close to Victor, but I'm not remembering Orpheus. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Was there more than one Stockholm storyline?  I remember Stockholm with Bo & Steve and Britta, and remember when Bo pretended to get close to Victor, but I'm not remembering Orpheus. 

No. It was all one story. Orpheus appeared after Brittany died and it was implied that he was the one who killed her. I don't recall if it was explicitly stated but he was the one killing the people in Sweden.

• Love 2

My only complaint about the promo is the fact that Orpheus would be put  in the same category as Xander and Clyde...They would be his foot soldiers and not his equal in figuring out how to destroy  his enemies.. He can give them a master class on that..Orpheus had Marlena during her missing years, when she was presumed  dead...I have to remember that this is Dena Higley..The woman is incapable of writing a good story...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

That promo seriously depresses me because I have a feeling Xander will kill Theresa.  I was really hoping they wouldn't bump her off and leave an opening for Jen Lilley if she wanted to come back, but knowing this show, it won't happen.

I also don't want to see Clyde or Xander ever again.  This Orpheus fellow looks interesting though.  

Some people were saying Days may not even return after the Olympics.  What do you all think?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

New promo for new season of Days

https://youtu.be/2vdcZdhR2Og

Holy shit! I can't remember the last time a promo got me so excited. Xander, Clyde and Orpheus?! Yes please!

Of course its returning and that's been known for a while considering all the behind the scenes pictures that are out there from last few months. Where do these crazy rumors start?

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Polaris said:

That promo seriously depresses me because I have a feeling Xander will kill Theresa.  I was really hoping they wouldn't bump her off and leave an opening for Jen Lilley if she wanted to come back, but knowing this show, it won't happen.

I also don't want to see Clyde or Xander ever again.  This Orpheus fellow looks interesting though.  

Some people were saying Days may not even return after the Olympics.  What do you all think?

Orpheus is and he is the only man that ever truly scared Marlena ...Not even Stefano....

• Love 3

Wow!  The promo does look awesome.  Hopefully:

1.  Kate will return to her murderous ways and kill that dirty hillbilly dead.

2.  Theresa will quickly dispatch Xander with a fireplace poker that just happens to be laying about.  

3.  Orpheus will stick around in a true, old-time umbrella story that makes sense and is enjoyable.

Orpheus was before my Days-viewing time but I've heard about him before on this board.  I'm very appreciative that we have so many generous DOOL long-timers here willing to share the show's history with us.  Wish I'd started watching Days a long time ago. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

I agree with this 1,000% but I have to note Orpheus was gone before Inheritance Baby Corday, and his roving band of horrendous writers had the opportunity to gut and otherwise destroy the character the way they did with Stefano, Jack, Bo, Steve, Jennifer, Hope, etc., etc.  so while I am excited in theory, I fear what these losers will do to gut the love we long time viewers have for Orpheus.  I mean, look at who they have him paired with, this can't end well.

As an aside, I always thought that the only thing that could have made the Orpheus more killer would have been if he was revealed to be Stefano's nephew.  I mean how is it that Stefano had six brothers and the only progeny was Andre, who has now been retconned to be Stefano, meaning he was the only Diemra brother who reproduced.  

I rewatched the promo twice trying to figure out why Paul, if I were any blander, I'd make air taste like it has flavor, was at the wedding and then I remembered they are still trying to sell us on his being John's son.

I actually liked the fact that Orpheus was not a Dimera....Orpheus was the one that took Marlena and made everybody think that she was dead...When she came back, they retcon it to have been Stefano all along, to set up the tale of the two Romans..I could be wrong...They did the same thing with Steve and Hope....Lawrence and Ernesto killed them...Plus, the show should have brought on Stefano's other brothers to Salem at some point, it would have been interesting to see them...Were they all evil or was Stefano just an anomaly..Stefano was interesting and nuanced in the 80's based on the clips that I have seen online...He became a cartoon in the 90's and became omnipotent as time went on....

6 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Wow!  The promo does look awesome.  Hopefully:

1.  Kate will return to her murderous ways and kill that dirty hillbilly dead.

2.  Theresa will quickly dispatch Xander with a fireplace poker that just happens to be laying about.  

3.  Orpheus will stick around in a true, old-time umbrella story that makes sense and is enjoyable.

Orpheus was before my Days-viewing time but I've heard about him before on this board.  I'm very appreciative that we have so many generous DOOL long-timers here willing to share the show's history with us.  Wish I'd started watching Days a long time ago. 

You can still watch some clips of the past online...They keep shutting them down, but, some people on there have been able to circumvent that...

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I actually liked the fact that Orpheus was not a Dimera....Orpheus was the one that took Marlena and made everybody think that she was dead...When she came back, they retcon it to have been Stefano all along, to set up the tale of the two Romans..I could be wrong...They did the same thing with Steve and Hope....Lawrence and Ernesto killed them...Plus, the show should have brought on Stefano's other brothers to Salem at some point, it would have been interesting to see them...Were they all evil or was Stefano just an anomaly..Stefano was interesting and nuanced in the 80's based on the clips that I have seen online...He became a cartoon in the 90's and became omnipotent as time went on....

You can still watch some clips of the past online...They keep shutting them down, but, some people on there have been able to circumvent that...

Oh I don't mean Orpheus should have been related to Stefano beyond the point in the 80s when the show was well-written and tons of stories were retconned, I was talking about when the show was nuanced, well-written and had depth.  This connection would have been interesting then, having Orpheus be like original recipe Tony was, someone who wanted no part of Dimeradom, who was driven to madness by the death of his wife.  But then I still think that John should have been revealed to behe real Roman and WN was a guy who much like DH's Roman had his face altered and memory erased. I also never bought the original story swap the unDimeraed Tony, because we had Andre running around and they kept telling us that Andre was able to be made over into Tony with minimal effort because the cousins looked and sounded so much alike.  There are so many things I would have changed, but alas, I'm just s lowly viewer.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Polaris said:

If that is true, at least Theresa will not be collateral damage as is often the case.  She lied about Xander trying to sexually assault her and he went to jail (this is why I was never sold on new and improved Theresa, I do like JL though). If Xander takes her out, Theresa will be on the receiving end of the ultimate chickens coming home to roost.  

Besides, don't you know only Abby is worthy of a recast to keep the door open for the awful snowflake to return if she wishes.

• Love 2

I posted the link to the Louise Sorel Dishin' Days interview in the behind the scenes thread, and she said that she doesn't expect to be asked to come back. So no Vivian as the baby's kidnapper.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

No. It was all one story. Orpheus appeared after Brittany died and it was implied that he was the one who killed her. I don't recall if it was explicitly stated but he was the one killing the people in Sweden.

Thanks. Don't know why I don't remember Orpheus. I'll have to hunt down some clips and see if I can refresh my memory.  Maybe I just took a Days break at that time and that's why I can't remember him.

8 hours ago, Polaris said:

All the signs point to a Theresa funeral, with Kim and Shane are back around the same time JL exits. Plus the picture of the actor who plays the priest.  But JL mentions in interviews about hoping to return to DOOL someday, which unless she means as a ghost, Theresa doesn't die.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Love 3

Maybe Theresa fakes her death with Tate to live away from Salem where Victor can't touch them? But Brady and Shane and Kim all know the truth...?

Grasping at straws since I know that's how they wrote off Sami...

Boo about Vivian. What I wouldn't give for more of her and Yvon right now...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

Orpheus!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!???!!!!!  Favorite villain, EVER!!!  Dude was nuts! What ever happened to his kids?  Did his sister in law, who was working with him for a while, take them to raise them? Wasn't there a boy and a girl?  

ORPHEUS! hehehe  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Orpheus is and he is the only man that ever truly scared Marlena ...Not even Stefano....

He scared me too.  Before Marlena knew what he looked like, she was kidnapped by someone else (rogue ISA?? I don't remember). She escaped, was wandering the streets of Stockholm and asked him for his help.  Am I making this up?  The memory is fuzzy.  He was so menacing.  He kidnapped Kayla, had her on a boat, and poor Kayla was pretty crying when Steve saved her.  It was glorious.  He also locked Steve and Kayla in a storm drain in Stockholm and turned the water on.  They almost drowned, leading to the most romantic walk down the fake streets of Stockholm ever.  Seriously, catch that scene somewhere, because it is just so romantic and sweet. Ahhhhh

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Revlonred said:

Orpheus!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!???!!!!!  Favorite villain, EVER!!!  Dude was nuts! What ever happened to his kids?  Did his sister in law, who was working with him for a while, take them to raise them? Wasn't there a boy and a girl?  

ORPHEUS! hehehe  

ITA I always thought he was even scarier than Stefano.

• Love 2

At some point Marlena was in a coma and she had pertinent information about Orpheus. I also remember that the tattoos that Britta, Bo and Steve had all had some type of meaning that was important to either Victor or Orpheus.....What I loved about the story was that it propelled more stories for our heroes. Kim and Shane were still dealing with the fallout from her affair with Victor and Andrew's kidnapping, Bo and Hope were dealing with his paternity issues, Kayla and Steve fell deeper in love and Adrienne came on the scene.. Bo and Steve came to an understanding about Britta..Roman and Marlena were reconnecting as husband and wife.....Victor was becoming more human...lol....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Revlonred said:

ORPHEUS! hehehe  

Yes, he had a son and a daughter that mirrored Marlena's own children. They were the same age as them..I think the show was setting up some possible storylines for the future...Orpheus' children should have come back for revenge on Jarlena's kids...Rex and Cassie should have been his kids...Missed opportunity to use the past to create stories for the legacy children...

• Love 3

If you lined the tattoos up together it led to a where a map was hidden, and that led to the bonds, which were valuable, everyone wanted to find them - is that right?  Loved the scenes of Steve and Roman posing as construction workers in Stockholm.  Everyone was involved in the story.  DIdn't it start with Bo and the whole treason thing and Shane being falsely accused?  I might be melting stories together.  But Orpheus blamed Roman for the death of his wife.  They were ISA partners and somehow his wife was killed, can't remember how.  He blamed Roman and wanted revenge through Marlena.  Everyone was scared of him.  Really scared of him.  I mean, Orpheus is a much scarier name than Stefano.  :)  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Revlonred said:

If you lined the tattoos up together it led to a where a map was hidden, and that led to the bonds, which were valuable, everyone wanted to find them - is that right?  Loved the scenes of Steve and Roman posing as construction workers in Stockholm.  Everyone was involved in the story.  DIdn't it start with Bo and the whole treason thing and Shane being falsely accused?  I might be melting stories together.  But Orpheus blamed Roman for the death of his wife.  They were ISA partners and somehow his wife was killed, can't remember how.  He blamed Roman and wanted revenge through Marlena.  Everyone was scared of him.  Really scared of him.  I mean, Orpheus is a much scarier name than Stefano.  :)  

Stockholm started with Victor's hatred of Shane over Kim,  setting him up ; and then it morphed into something totally different.. Orpheus' revenge on Roman for killing his wife by accident..The show was so good at writing their stories back then, they kept you in the edge of your seat. The difference between Victor and Stefano was that they could never really pin anything on Victor, he always kept his hands clean...It made his continuous presence in Salem much more believable than Stefano who lived side by side with his victims.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

After watching the preview, I still feel the show is in a slump.

I feel like I'm tired of the sets, and I'm tired of weird wedding dresses that don't look like anything the character would actually wear and even seeing the entire cast assembled in one room to have someone arrested for a scandalous crime doesn't elicit any feelings at all.

I don't know anything about Orpheus but I'm betting his return will probably be about as satisfying as Ava's. Him pulling a gun at a wedding screams desperation. I doubt he will be around for long.

I definitely want to see closure with Clyde and Kate and also with Sonny and Sami...but time will tell how many of his evil deeds will come to light in a satisfying way. He is indirectly responsible for killing both EJ and Will, making Ben into a psychopath and offing that young drug dealer that JJ was working with. That could make for a really interesting story in the hands of decent writers. In fact, all I would need to enjoy the show again is seeing Clyde back on for 2 months terrorizing people and ultimately paying for his terrible crimes as they cleverly come to light. But this show won't do that...so how excited can I be?

I am pretty much out when Theresa goes.

Happy Victor will finally be behind bars, though.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, buffynut said:

Thanks. Don't know why I don't remember Orpheus. I'll have to hunt down some clips and see if I can refresh my memory.  Maybe I just took a Days break at that time and that's why I can't remember him.

Let's just say that when you. One across the footage you will be pleased not just for the acting, storyline and character integration, but because Orpheus is quite pleasing on the eyes.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

After watching the preview, I still feel the show is in a slump.

Absolutely.  I just got excited because the last thing I expected to read about in this thread was Orpheus.  He is from the time when the show (for me) was incredible.  I have no doubt that they will use him in a ridiculous, stupid, and unsatisfying way.  When I see old characters, it reminds me of what could have been and what was.  

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Revlonred said:

Absolutely.  I just got excited because the last thing I expected to read about in this thread was Orpheus.  He is from the time when the show (for me) was incredible.  I have no doubt that they will use him in a ridiculous, stupid, and unsatisfying way.  When I see old characters, it reminds me of what could have been and what was.  

I love your post and it is so true..My expectations are very low, when it come to that Hack Dena.....She knows how to write events, but, that is it. There is no depth to anything that she writes...She is all flash with no substance.. She will push her pets like Rafe and Ava, to the detriment of beloved characters..It is  mind boggling to me,that she has was part of the writing team during the show's glory days and she learned absolutely nothing from the likes of  Sherry Anderson, Thom Racine and Leah Lamain....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I've been watching the show for far too many years, but don't really remember Orpheus. Maybe my brain has lost a few brain cells since back then.

Maybe DJ Wear will have its new spring line in the fall (like Salem Fashion Week!) or again on New Year's Eve. Maybe it'll just run out of seam.

• Love 1

DJ Wear has to be one of the corniest things these writers have come up with yet.  Seriously, DJ Wear? They weren't even trying when they came up with that one.  Somehow all I can picture are turquoise 80s sweatsuits with white rope cords on the pants.  Top it all off with leg warmers and LA Gear high tops.

Edited by Polaris
  • Love 4

Ha! Yeah, the name brings to mind a DJ fashion line, for me. Like flashy baseball caps and oversized Tees. So wanted to see Theresa snap out if it and change the name to something better.

I'm just massively bummed that because the new business has no office or staff on-screen, we never see Anne, who is supposedly managing things. This show severely misses opportunities. Seeing Theresa in an environment of her own and Anne actually enjoying her work (compared to the hospital) would have been so nice.

...I think the stories we imagine in our heads are way better than what the producers cook up.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Polaris said:

DJ Wear has to be one of the corniest things these writers have come up with yet.  Seriously, DJ Wear? They weren't even trying when they came up with that one.  Somehow all I can picture are turquoise 80s sweatsuits with white rope cords on the pants.  Top it all off with leg warmers and LA Gear high tops.

Don't forget the plastic shark tooth necklaces, one free with each purchase, and some actual Dirty Dan body hair guaranteed in all underwear.  

• Love 2

Glad Jennifer is not magically "all better".

Ciara set herself up for pain....and I have no sympathy.

Theo/Claire might be great in the long-term. They're the best actors of the teen set.

I'm amazed Victor wouldn't be ten steps ahead of Brady in his search for the truth.

• Love 5

Ugh of course Chad agrees to give plot point\baby to that racoon druggie.

Ciara is disgusting. Is she hoping Chad will fuck her to numb the pain of his wife being dead? What a piece of garbage. 

I won't hold by breath about Theo and Claire. I'm sure raggedy Ciara will come running to him for sympathy and pull him away from Claire. 

• Love 5