Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E02: Kate Winslet, Idris Elba, Chris Rock, Liam Gallagher

• Start Topic

Graham is joined by Kate Winslet and Idris Elba, who star in the romance disaster movie The Mountain Between Us, and Chris Rock. Plus music and chat from Liam Gallagher, who performs his latest single For What It's Worth.

I found this show so enjoyable and lovely. Winslet can occasionally get a bit blowsy in interviews but was fine. Chris Rock is one of my favorite comedians and he kept the tone  of the evening light and amusing. It was a dumb throw-away joke but I loled heartily about the joke about having sex with the dog in the movie, because it was so dumb and Idris laughed bit rolled his eyes. 

I think what made the show fun was that nobody took themselves very seriously. Even Liam! (I'm Team Noel.)

• Love 3

I love Idris' "come ON man!" to Obama telling him that he was second after Omar.  AND that Chris immediately knew that Omar was ahead of him.  Stringer Bell is an amazing character, and scary as hell, but everyone I know who watched The Wire still shouts "Omar!" whenever we see Michael K Williams in anything.  We don't do that when we see Idris.  I like that Idris is a good sport about it. 

• Love 4

After a few days' thought, I'm going to complain about Rock's 'jokes' about having to tour because he got a divorce. I am so sick of that line of humor. Your ex-wife is not 'taking' your money. This is money you signed off on! Your lawyer negotiated for you! A judge (or arbitrator) approved it! Your ex-wife, who did not work in the two decades married to you and raised your kids while you were on the road, is getting the financial support due in such a situation. 30% is a good deal for you, to boot -- it' could have been the 50/50 of a community property state.  I suspect, given the reason for the divorce, that she might've held out for more, even. So shut it with the 'woe is me' routine, fella. She is not at fault for your financial problems, if you even have them. Gah.

• Love 10

I've never been able to warm to him since seeing him on an MTV comedy show way, way back in the day saying that if a woman has her pants around her ankles, it's too late to withdraw consent. I'm sure he's come a long way since then but it left a permanently bad taste in my mouth.

• Love 2
On 10/17/2017 at 11:37 AM, attica said:

After a few days' thought, I'm going to complain about Rock's 'jokes' about having to tour because he got a divorce. I am so sick of that line of humor. Your ex-wife is not 'taking' your money. This is money you signed off on! Your lawyer negotiated for you! A judge (or arbitrator) approved it! Your ex-wife, who did not work in the two decades married to you and raised your kids while you were on the road, is getting the financial support due in such a situation. 30% is a good deal for you, to boot -- it' could have been the 50/50 of a community property state.  I suspect, given the reason for the divorce, that she might've held out for more, even. So shut it with the 'woe is me' routine, fella. She is not at fault for your financial problems, if you even have them. Gah.

and i'm sure he is still worth millions. while many of us watching are struggling to pay the bills. if it's one thing i wish celebrities who'd shut the f*** up about it's their "money problems" bull shit. 

• Love 2

Why was Kate Winslet unrecognizable?  She has different hair, but I was ignoring that and there was something about her face.  The only thing I can put my finger on is that her eyebrows stayed pretty much fixed, so maybe that made her have less of an expressive face, and therefore look less like herself?

15 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Why was Kate Winslet unrecognizable?  She has different hair, but I was ignoring that and there was something about her face.  The only thing I can put my finger on is that her eyebrows stayed pretty much fixed, so maybe that made her have less of an expressive face, and therefore look less like herself?

I thought I was the only one who thought this since no one else mentioned it till you! I truly thought it was some other actress and they were playing a prank when she first introduced herself at the beginning of the show. 

I just can't figure out what's missing/different. But thanks for not letting me think I'm crazy!

On 10/21/2017 at 5:45 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I thought it might be the hair, but then I ignored it and focused strictly on the face, and there's something different.  The only thing I could actually notice was that her eyebrows barely moved, and wondered if they were sitting lower on her face, making her eyes look different.

how old is she? she might have had some sort of maintenance? she does look pretty good for an older, by hollywoods standards, actress. could have been make up , hair , lighting, who knows. 

Chris Rock moaning about 30% of his money was cringe worthy. He will do Idris' backyard work he's so in need of money.  How much money do you need?   Iris used that same " mount-in " line on The View  

I think maybe Kate has had some injections/ fillers. Looks pretty though  

I don't know who Ian is or that much about drugs but he seemed really antsy.  Sniffing and twitching  couldn't understand what he was saying due to the accent  either.