Type keyword(s) to search

These Spoilers Suck: Bitter Speculation About SPN Spoilers

catrox14
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Spoilers With Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Their scenes are probably gonna be mostly comedy filler, though. And that, I really don`t care for. I`m also wary on how good a hunter Dean is allowed to be if Jack needs more "wins". At least Sam gets to save Charlie, as per the promo.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Their scenes are probably gonna be mostly comedy filler, though. And that, I really don`t care for. I`m also wary on how good a hunter Dean is allowed to be if Jack needs more "wins". At least Sam gets to save Charlie, as per the promo.

Maybe. But I like to see the episode before I get upset/annoyed.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I like seeing different sides of Dean than just aggressive hunter guy. So I'm interested to see his interactions with Jack. 

I would be looking forward to this if we didn't live in Dabb's world now. And then on one hand I have faint hope since Yockey wrote it, but that is quickly dashed by knowing Speight is directing.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I would be looking forward to this if we didn't live in Dabb's world now. And then on one hand I have faint hope since Yockey wrote it, but that is quickly dashed by knowing Speight is directing.

I just hope Dean has the Impala.  It wouldn't surprise me if Charlie and Sam had it.

I expect this scene to continue with the waitress getting offended at Deans' bribe and Jack to give her lost puppy eyes and she'll answer his questions. 

• Love 5

This is the promo:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=7n5nwRZCCXo

Charlie and Sam are in a bigger car, presumably hers since she is behind the wheel. 

But he has a moment saving her whereas Dean probably gets beaten and saved by Jack. Sigh.

Doesn`t look anything like friction with Charlie.  

I expect this scene to continue with the waitress getting offended at Deans' bribe and Jack to give her lost puppy eyes and she'll answer his questions. 

Probably. Seems like the easiest pimp-Jack moment there. Then you can have Dean comment on how he is like Sam and how he, Dean, needs such a puppy-eyed wonder for the job.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 5

Im also wondering if we are going to get a parallel with Jack and Maggie.

Last week Sam let Maggie go hunting by herself when she wasn't ready, so I bet we will see Dean tell Jack he's not ready and Dean will have to apologize in the end for doubting Jack.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

Charlie and Sam are in a bigger car, presumably hers since she is behind the wheel. 

But he has a moment saving her whereas Dean probably gets beaten and saved by Jack. Sigh.

Probably. Seems like the easiest pimp-Jack moment there. Then you can have Dean comment on how he is like Sam and how he, Dean, needs such a puppy-eyed wonder for the job.

Yeah, that promo feels like a recipe for disaster for Dean. And according to the description Jack finds the case and convinces Dean to investigate it with him-which, again(and especially in  Dabbernatural), feels like it could oh-so-very-easily turn into a case of Jack showing Dean that he was wrong about Jack being unready to hunt by his saving Deansel-in-Distress.

It's my belief that they are once again trying to turn Sam into the "new Dean"; but now, in addition to that, they're also trying to turn Jack into the "new Sam", so the bolded part would only cement that belief for me.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 5

I`m wary on how they initially split up. Does Charlie only want to hunt wih Sam and not have anything to do with Dean? Does Chief order him to stay behind and he meekly obeys? Does he not want to go? Does he have an actual reason why he stays behind? 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I`m wary on how they initially split up. Does Charlie only want to hunt wih Sam and not have anything to do with Dean? Does Chief order him to stay behind and he meekly obeys? Does he not want to go? Does he have an actual reason why he stays behind? 

I'm banking on Sam telling Dean that Jack wants Dean to give him a chance and then Dean will say, yeah I was kind of a dick to him before.  

The dumb thing about all this is that they were all hunting together back in s13 finale when Jack had his powers. So aside from Jack thinking he would kill Dean if necessary to kill Michael, it's just a standard hunt only without Jack having powers.   I'm kind of hoping we get a big twist that Michael shows himself to Jack and then Jack is faced with whether he saves Dean or not.  Aside from them trying to further turn Jack into Cas and invoke the nostalgia of Dean and Cas hunting together in days gone by.  Or simply to put Sam and Not!Charlie together for whatever reasons so they have to do something with Dean and I guess Cas is just AWOL? 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

Yeah, I don`t see the narrative reasons for the pairings.  

The only thing I can think of is the spoiler we got that Charlie tells the boys (which I think means Dean) that she is not their Charlie and tells Sam she doesn't want to hunt with Dean because it freaks her out that he treats her like she is. 

• Love 2

This is one of the things I'm extremely wary of, too.

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I'm banking on Sam telling Dean that Jack wants Dean to give him a chance and then Dean will say, yeah I was kind of a dick to him before.

A definite possibility.

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

The only thing I can think of is the spoiler we got that Charlie tells the boys (which I think means Dean) that she is not their Charlie and tells Sam she doesn't want to hunt with Dean because it freaks her out that he treats her like she is. 

And this, too-equally as possible.

We might even get both.

Oh joy.

Can't wait...*sigh*...

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 2

I was bored and finally got around to watching the full afternoon panel for MinnCon.  There was a question where someone asked what the worst thing the brothers have ever/said did to each other.  Jensen said its when Dean does things behind Sam's back.  Then he kind of paused and said, that is something that will continue to happen throughout the series..  I'm not sure if that was a spoiler or not.  But I really hope it isn't.  Or they're isn't some story of Dean feeling useless so he does something stupid.

Because I have a theory that Dean is going to decide to go into the empty to try and get Jack's grace and accidentally release Lucifer.

Its about 25 min in

28 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I was bored and finally got around to watching the full afternoon panel for MinnCon.  There was a question where someone asked what the worst thing the brothers have ever/said did to each other.  Jensen said its when Dean does things behind Sam's back.  Then he kind of paused and said, that is something that will continue to happen throughout the series..  I'm not sure if that was a spoiler or not.  But I really hope it isn't.  Or they're isn't some story of Dean feeling useless so he does something stupid.

Because I have a theory that Dean is going to decide to go into the empty to try and get Jack's grace and accidentally release Lucifer.

Its about 25 min in

Just out of curiosity what did Jared say about Sam?

3 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

Just out of curiosity what did Jared say about Sam?

He said Sam not going after his brother in season 8, but that he doesn't regret anything Sam said to Dean because deep down they may need to hear it. 

There is no real spoilers.  But Jensen said that they haven't seen the final script yet.  They had seen a draft but that got written and revamped.  Someone on my timeline said they spent a lot of time on the phone with Dabb, more than with any ep.  The last time that happened was the end of season 11.  Given how bad that was, this doesn't bode well. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Someone on my timeline said they spent a lot of time on the phone with Dabb, more than with any ep.

This should probably be in unpopular opinions, but I don't get the impression the Js really know what's good for the show's storyline.  they might have input for their characters, but not story IMO.  Add to this the fact that Dabb just keeps pushing the  brothers aside to make room for characters  we couldn't care less about... I don't have much hope.  And if they have to drag everything until May Sweeps next year, then it's going to be one gaping hiatus after another which doesn't bode well for this type of series.  I hope we don't limp to the end of 14 only to have it be the last season.  The show deserves better.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

These are from yesterday.  The last day of filming for episode 11.  So it looks like episodes 9-11 are going to be Wayward Sue episodes. 

Okay I am becoming more and more convinced that my spec over the hiatus that after WS was shit canned would be  that Dabb was  trying to reconnoiter the mothership into a different show is fairly accurate.

And it makes me wonder evenore if the blind item mentioned here about a lead and fan favorite from day one leaving is about Jensen or maybe even Jared. I say Jared because this entire SL with Leader Sam does seem out of left field. Maybe Dabb is rushing Sam's development to be  full on ready to retire mode. I mean Sam is the one that said, what would we do if we retired and maybe  he'll find that being this kind of leader isn't what he wants so he follows his original path and leaves hunting after getting the team up and running. Or  Maybe Dean really does die by the end of this season and Sam quits,  then Donna and Jody come in to run something called Wayward Hunters and it's all the AU people and the Wayward Sisters. Then Dean and/or Sam leaves and make guest appearances and then go off on their own again...

• Love 2
Just now, Pondlass1 said:

opinions, but I don't get the impression the Js really know what's good for the show's storyline. 

I don't know about that. Jensen seems to be more about making sure things stay kind of true to the characters but I would find it surprising that he would have squashed the Michael!Dean Arc so quickly. Jared reads ahead and has generally been informed as to what is supposed to be happening at least in a general sense. Jensen says he doesn't read ahead because he doesn't want what h might already know to affect his performance and what Deanbis doing right now. They have both said some scripts have come in whrein they thought the lines were reversed for the characters. I suspect it's probably along those lines and not really about the story itself.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Okay I am becoming more and more convinced that my spec over the hiatus that after WS was shit canned would be  that Dabb was  trying to reconnoiter the mothership into a different show is fairly accurate.

And it makes me wonder evenore if the blind item mentioned here about a lead and fan favorite from day one leaving is about Jensen or maybe even Jared. I say Jared because this entire SL with Leader Sam does seem out of left field. Maybe Dabb is rushing Sam's development to be  full on ready to retire mode. I mean Sam is the one that said, what would we do if we retired and maybe  he'll find that being this kind of leader isn't what he wants so he follows his original path and leaves hunting after getting the team up and running. Or  Maybe Dean really does die by the end of this season and Sam quits,  then Donna and Jody come in to run something called Wayward Hunters and it's all the AU people and the Wayward Sisters. Then Dean and/or Sam leaves and make guest appearances and then go off on their own again...

Well, though not exactly a "lead", Mary sure was a fan favourite from day one. Dare we hope they'll get rid of her?

The network wouldn't want more Seasons of the show in this case - without Dean and Sam at least in name, though.

I thought final Seasons of Vampire Diaries were meh and The Originals Finale sucked but Pedowitz approached Plec to do another spin-off while Dabb and Berens tried twice and both times Pedowitz gave a polite "meh" response. They are allowed to do SPN with nominally J2 and nothing else.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 3
Just now, juppschmitz said:

Well, though not exactly a "lead", Mary sure was a fan favourite from day one. Dare we hope they'll get rid of her?

Doubtful

The launch of our 2019 May Sweeps Scorecard is six months away, but we already have a spot earmarked for the subject of our latest Blind Item.

An original cast member on a long-running drama on one of the Big 5 networks (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, The CW) is leaving his/her series at the end of the current season. And, by all accounts, the exit is an extremely amicable one.

The actor/actress in question — a fan favorite by any measure — is leaving of his/her own accord. And they’ve given the Powers That Be at said hour-long series plenty of notice so that they can craft an appropriate exit for the character. But to reveal the identity of the performer with one-and-a-half-feet out the door would risk spoiling the storyline, so for now we’re giving this piece of news the Blind Item treatment.

To recap:

• Drama series
• ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC or The CW
• Original cast member leaving at end of season

This is the blind item. I don't think it's Mary. Her leaving wouldn't be a big deal. She's polarizing at best since her return.

I think it is most likely a true network drama that and IMO that doesn't include SPN but it would explain a lot of things.

Funny note, Dean is wearing his murder shirt combo again LOL. Hmmmm

• Love 1

The Js film all over the place in time and location.  I don't think it's until they actually watch an episode on TV that they get an inkling of the way stories are weaving.  So their input is not particularly valid in terms of story.

But it gets up my nose that last Spring Jensen was  over the moon about Michael and that the arc was going to last longer than he even imagined.  Whatever he was told has not happened.  

Jensen would never phone it in, but he's got to be super bummed.  I would imagine Dabb won't get a Christmas card from the Ackles this year.  And Jensen might speak out loud again on the convention stage.  He's got nothing to lose now.

The Michael story has been shunted aside for much weaker SLs.  Dabb doesn't have a clue what's interesting and what's not.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

The network wouldn't want more Seasons of the show in this case - without Dean and Sam at least in name, though.

I thought final Seasons of Vampire Diaries were meh and The Originals Finale sucked but Pedowitz approached Plec to do another spin-off while Dabb and Berens tried twice and both times Pedowitz gave a polite "meh" response. They are allowed to do SPN with nominally J2 and nothing else.

That what I'm saying though. He's not seeking to launch another spin-off. IMO he's trying to turn SPN into WS through the backdoor, whole cloth. If one of the J's is around enough to get viewers eyeballs and it's not an expensive production it might stand.

• Love 1

I don`t believe many things from execs and higher ups but I do believe Pedowitz is genuine with his declaration that if both Js don`t sign, the show will end. Now as long as both are on, that`s when Dabb/Berens (I think Wayward was more a Berens baby, it was supposed to launch his career as showrunner) can "sneak" it in.

Now I was aware episode 9 "The Spear" was gonna be more KaiaSue but to have episode 10 AND 11 feature that theme? Urgh. Have they learned nothing from when they advertised a mid-Season Finale about MOC-Dean and instead made a boring Claire-focused episode? That went over like a lead balloon. 

Why are they even in episode 11? Ep 10 usually wraps up the mid-Season Finale.  

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

location.  I don't think it's until they actually watch an episode on TV that they get an inkling of the way stories are weaving.  So their input is not particularly valid in terms of story.

I'm not so sure about that. Jared has said h talks to Dabb before the season states and he has an idea of where the story is headed at least for Sam and I would think for Dean. So he might be not in creative control mode he does know what is supposedly the general SL. Of course that can always change.

Edited by catrox14
*not is a key word there

I'd be floored if one of the Js left Supernatural.  For one thing... no matter how much Dabb tries... it's not an ensemble.  We STILL want Dean and Sam adventures.  Which is pretty amazing after all these years and a tribute to the guys' acting and character portrayal (certainly not writing, especially in latter seasons)

The show would die a quick death without Dean or Sam.  

I wish with ALL MY HEART that the Wayward Sues would've been picked up and they took with them Dabb, the boring AU SLs &characters,  Mobby soap, past his sell by date Nick, and sickly Jack.

Dean and Sam,  TFW, Cas (and maybe Ketch?) would be free to return  Supernatural to the show that that we know and love.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

If we want to know how Dean is going to fare tonight, look at what Dabb tweeted

Really?  No point in watching since its obviously going to be a Jack fest

Holy crap.

He's not even attempting to make it seem like anything less than A SuperJackieSue fest, is he?

WTAF is going on BTS of this show?!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Holy crap.

He's not even attempting to make it seem like anything less than A SuperJackieSue fest, is he?

WTAF is going on BTS of this show?!

In between WS and Jack, they really are writing for 13-year-old girls, aren't they?  And hoping that tossing in a Bobby/Mary romance will satisfy the older fans?

• Love 5

I don`t believe many things from execs and higher ups but I do believe Pedowitz is genuine with his declaration that if both Js don`t sign, the show will end. Now as long as both are on, that`s when Dabb/Berens (I think Wayward was more a Berens baby, it was supposed to launch his career as showrunner) can "sneak" it in.

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

That what I'm saying though. He's not seeking to launch another spin-off. IMO he's trying to turn SPN into WS through the backdoor, whole cloth. If one of the J's is around enough to get viewers eyeballs and it's not an expensive production it might stand.

Reading these comments and putting them together with those ridiculous and ludicrous tweets makes me feel like we could possibly have an extremely bitter showrunner on our hands; and it further appears(to me) as if, for some unknown reason, he's taking most of his anger and bitterness out on JA more than anyone else. 

I'll take the rest of what I have to say about this to the B vs J thread, but I will add that I would give my eye teeth for that blind item to be about Jensen.

And it would explain a lot about the totally weird(even for this show!) writing this season, too. IMO.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

There is no real spoilers.  But Jensen said that they haven't seen the final script yet.  They had seen a draft but that got written and revamped.  Someone on my timeline said they spent a lot of time on the phone with Dabb, more than with any ep.  The last time that happened was the end of season 11.  Given how bad that was, this doesn't bode well. 

No, oh no, that does not bode well. The Js don't talk back and forth about any script with any showrunner unless they're super unhappy. And another Wayward Sue episode? UGH!!!!!!!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, PAForrest said:

No, oh no, that does not bode well. The Js don't talk back and forth about any script with any showrunner unless they're super unhappy. And another Wayward Sue episode? UGH!!!!!!!

Unless they dropped the idea completely and changed gears the 300th was supposed to be how the town the boys life in sees them. 

In others words, Handsome strong, smart Sam who helps little old ladies cross the street and dumb oaf who hits on every girl, town drunk Dean. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I think you hit the nail on the head about what Dabb et. al. are doing to this show because WS got axed, which morphs into what Myrelle said about the show having a very bitter showrunner on its hands. Dabb really appears to despise the mothership now. I mean, those tweets???? WTF is happening here???? This is a nightmare!

Dabb is either so pissed off that he's actually trying to get the show cancelled, or he and Berens devised this plan to push their vision through the backdoor by turning it into WS regardless of what Pedowitz or anyone else wants.

Any other time in the show's history I would say, no, one of the Js wouldn't leave without the other. But down is up, black is white, night is day, chickens are turtles - nothing is normal now. I'm really feeling that one of the Js is the Blind Item - and if it's Jensen, that probably explains why they're taking everything from his character. And if it's Jared, maybe that too explains why they're giving him everything and cutting Dean out for now because Sam will be gone soon. But who knows, at this rate, they may both decide it's time to walk.

• Love 4

Sigh.

Dabbernatural sucks. I've said since Day 1 of Dabb's reign of suckage that his only interest is in his dream of a spin-off of his own. He means to have it, one way or another.

Sigh. That's all I've got.

Oh, and I'm 99% sure the blind item is (spoiler for another show)

Spoiler

James Pickens/Richard Webber from Grey's Anatomy  (my spec)

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Sigh.

Dabbernatural sucks. I've said since Day 1 of Dabb's reign of suckage that his only interest is in his dream of a spin-off of his own. He means to have it, one way or another.

Sigh. That's all I've got.

Oh, and I'm 99% sure the blind item is (spoiler for another show)

Reveal hidden contents

James Pickens/Richard Webber from Grey's Anatomy  (my spec)

Yeah, you're probably right about the BI. But, come on, could anyone blame one or both of the Js wanting to bolt at this point?

Oh, and another thing those deranged Dabb tweets reminded me of is how I always felt that Dabb intended Jack for the spin-off - either doing double duty between the two series, or eventually just becoming the young male lead on WS, because there's no way the CW wasn't going to insist on some testosterone in the show. So my feeling was that he intended Jack to play someone's boyfriend - doesn't matter which one, they're all interchangeable, but that was going to be his eventual role, especially given Dabb's addiction to soap opera.

So, yup, those tweets totally jive with my old prediction for Jack in the spin-off.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Yeah, you're probably right about the BI. But, come on, could anyone blame one or both of the Js wanting to bolt at this point?

No, I absolutely would not. Most especially JA in light of the Michael/Dean story line* So if they are still writing 300, is there still a possibility to write the end of S14 as a finale? I know what's been said about giving the series its due with a victory lap final season that could be hyped up the wazoo - but this is television and promises aren't worth the paper they're written on when $$$ are on the line. We really don't know if they signed for one or two years this time. If ratings really tanked and/or the Js decided not to re-sign, could they end it in the 6-8 episodes remaining? Or worse, could they write the Js out and morph SPN into the Supernatural: Wayward Randoms & The (Maybe) Devil that Dabb really wants.

*speculating that Michael, at least as far as Jensen is concerned, is done apart from whatever flashbacks he's already filmed that we haven't seen (assuming there are some).

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, PAForrest said:

But, come on, could anyone blame one or both of the Js wanting to bolt at this point?

Did we watch the same video interview in the media thread? Both boys were happy, thankful, and excited about 300 from what I can tell.  Given the video is dated yesterday, what makes you think that they were upset about the show and wanting to bolt in that video?  

10 minutes ago, SueB said:

Did we watch the same video interview in the media thread? Both boys were happy, thankful, and excited about 300 from what I can tell.  Given the video is dated yesterday, what makes you think that they were upset about the show and wanting to bolt in that video?  

The Js' are nothing if not masterful with PR.  They aren't going to tank the show in these PR stints. I also think this really depends on your viewpoint, but if you're (general you)  of the mind that this show is being changed and not for the better then you'll interpret and speculate that the dots are seeming to point somewhere to the end.  If you (again, a general you) don't think the show is changing and/or are okay with the direction then you'll not think there is anything amiss.  It's all up in the air but I do know that I'm not amused with Dabb's tweets that's for sure.

And he's creating a pretty gross scenario with Jack who is in the body of a young man and has the mind and emotions, when it suits the woobiness factor, of a child or tween at best.  That is to say, when someone is mean to him or he fails at something, "he's just a kid!" but now he's apparently ripe for mating or something. I'm pretty sure the waitress is going to hit on Jack or maybe we'll find out that Jack is in love with Maggie or the gal with the necklace that he saved.  Either way....it's just....NO thank you.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, catrox14 said:

The Js' are nothing if not masterful with PR.  They aren't going to tank the show in these PR stints.

That's their job, and they know how to do it, especially after all these years. And they're obviously very loyal. Only less than a handful of times has Jensen let any neg feelings slip through, like back in season six when he just couldn't rein in his unhappiness during one of the early season press junkets.

But I was actually referring to the information that the Js have been going back and forth with Dabb about the 300th episode. They don't call up writers and showrunners and have multiple conversations about a script if they're not extremely unhappy with it. Plus, there's no way Jensen isn't very disappointed about the way he was mislead again about the nonexistent Michael storyline - not the "we'll mention it in passing and pretend it's still a thing BS", but the one he was promised he'd get to play that he didn't.

I think a lot of fans wouldn't blame the Js at all if they were ready to move on - many have been expecting it for years.

• Love 5

A big part of me wishes the Js were arranging a meeting with Pedowitz as we speak, to persuade him to purge the SPN powers that be, but after almost 15 years I really couldn't blame them if they wanted out.  Everything good must come to an end.  I was reading about the Jack Reacher TV series that was planned and my mind couldn't help wandering to "Jared would be perfect for that (he's got the height after all)."

• Love 1

The Jack driving the Impala is honestly neither here nor there for me. With the set-up of Dean supposedly teaching Jack about human pleasures, it was a given driving would come up. And Jack going "it`s like I`m you" - in the driver`s seat - does acknowledge that this is usually Dean`s place. Actually, in this recent episode Jack acted like Dean had plenty of authority. He never said anything like "please take me hunting, we don`t have to tell Sam" or anything. So at the moment, I`m better with the character than I have been so far this Season. 

What annoys me is the prospect of more Nickifer. You just know Bucklemming will give that lots of space and I couldn`t care less.     

• Love 4