Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: The Barrier

raven

Season Finale. The team races to stop the hybrids from breaching the barrier wall by shutting down the last beacon that draws them in.

This is it!  Will the hybrids breach? Will Jamie kill anyone?  Will Abigail die?  Will Mitch snark?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, raven said:

Season Finale. The team races to stop the hybrids from breaching the barrier wall by shutting down the last beacon that draws them in.

There were packs of hybrid wolves roaming Michigan and Upstate New York -- I think it's a little late on the whole 'hybrids breaching the barrier' nonsense.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

There were packs of hybrid wolves roaming Michigan and Upstate New York -- I think it's a little late on the whole 'hybrids breaching the barrier' nonsense.

Don't you mean MICHIGAN and upstate NEW YORK?   Anyway, those were just a few sneaking around, we are talking a full on BARRIER BREACH here!  Might even be dogs and cats living together, anarchy...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, pinkelephant3 said:

How the fuck is Abigail still alive?!

Idk why they keep dragging her out or making her invincible at this point.

Not to mention the dumbest choice they could ever make, not even guaranteed to actually get the baby back and only playing into her hands and making her even stronger than ever while screwing everyone else over.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

Jaimie the Assassin is left to play kissy face with Mitch? No wonder Abigail got the baby and the hybrids were running amok. 

Likewise, Jackson had to waste precious time he had to shut down the beacon to snog his girlfriend and then to drag her back to safety. Again, no wonder the hybrids took over the central command. 

So I guess if they were going to name the baby Max, it needed to be done before they forgot about him. 

• Love 1

Well, I don't see Logan surviving this time!  Unless he does.  You can never tell with this show....

So, long story short, they are able to shut down all the beacons and get rid of the nests, but Abigail kidnaps the baby (again, nice going with not finishing her off, Jackson), and blackmails Jackson to bring down the barrier and let her hybrids cross over.  While everyone has different opinions on this, Jackson makes it all null by taking control of Jaime's plane, and using it to break down the barrier.  So, now the hybrids are loose in America.  Oh, and they just find out that, like zombies, hybrid bites can turn normal animals, so this is going to be fun for everyone.  Thanks, Team Zoo!

Any idea on which way CBS is leaning towards, when it comes to renewing this show?  It probably doesn't deserve it, but there is admittedly something admirable with how entertainingly stupid this show can be, so I will be back.  Until they make the show I really want to see which is "Billy Burke Snarks On Everything For An Hour."

• Love 6

What is this fascination this military has with open-air military vehicles?

I did love Jackson's matter of fact ramming of the barrier with Jamie's jet. Like, yep. Getting my grandson back. 

Not enough animals running amuck.

• Love 3

"Farewell, Airbus with the world's best bar."

"No way!  That plane will be flying again in no time!"

"The elves are retooling it as we type."

I throw myself in abject humiliation at the foot of those elves.  Although, I was a bit puzzled at the scene where the nose of the plane is turning, but the engines were remaining stationary.  And now they have so much more work to do after the forced entry.

So, uh, Jackson.  How does it profit the world if you destroy it in order to get your grandson back?  That's a big if, too.  Has anyone considered the possibility of pimping Clem out so they can produce another baby?

I absolutely knew that Chekhov's dog was coming back as a zombie hybrid as soon as I saw him in the command center.  He might not have been killed if dumbass soldier had enough sense to shoot instead of trying to get his head out of his ass.  The IDGAF teams are so fortunate to have those 264-round magazines for their AR's.

I am so tired of the trope of (usually female) sidekicks pleading and fighting to go run to the side of guy in trouble.  The soldiers should have let her run up to the barrier, get knocked into next week again and again, and maybe she would learn her lesson. 

The barrier is somewhere in the West.  The command center is just inside the barrier.  The beacon is in St. Louis.  Jackson walks outside the command center and approaches the beacon.  What am I missing here?  And that explanation of the tower's existence.  The nation is being overrun by hybrids (some time back).  They are building the wall, at least in the USA.  There is mass panic everywhere.  Yet people gladly accept the explanation that the government is putting up a fancy cell tower.

• Love 1

Well, I don't see Logan surviving this time!  Unless he does.  You can never tell with this show....

He did manage to survive being thrown out of an airplane that was in mid-flight (although I can't remember his explanation to Jamie for how he got out of that situation).

6 hours ago, BooksRule said:
13 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

He did manage to survive being thrown out of an airplane that was in mid-flight (although I can't remember his explanation to Jamie for how he got out of that situation).

Well, Abigail the Zombie had the tank that not only kept Mitch alive for 10 years after a fatal attack of the razor animals, but enabled her to turn him into Duncan. So if the show comes back, maybe Logan will be Dunce.

I don't know if I can handle more Abigail if Zoo comes back for season 4. I need her dead. I watch.zoo as my guilty pleasure and have a few laughs at the ridiculous situations, but at the same time I love the characters.  But the character of Abigail is just too much she is beyond the absurd

I'm sick of her having not only a Plan B, but a plan C,D E,.....Z.

How did.she she get out there in time to shoot a rocket launcher, that sean would bring Jackson and truse him, How Old Was Abigail when Connor was stolen, how did she know logan would have Clem and baby in car, where is her underground layer that she gets.too fast with an infant in tow, why did Clem not remind anyone that baby needs another shot. Take the shot with you. She knew how to treat gun wounds pretty sure she could do an injection. Speaking of gun wounds, a I Gail had quite of few but keeps going.  THE TERMINATOR was stopped with less.  If season 4 comes.around I need her dead in episode 1 or I am out.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, mertensia said:

What is this fascination this military has with open-air military vehicles?

I did love Jackson's matter of fact ramming of the barrier with Jamie's jet. Like, yep. Getting my grandson back. 

17 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, long story short, they are able to shut down all the beacons and get rid of the nests, but Abigail kidnaps the baby (again, nice going with not finishing her off, Jackson), and blackmails Jackson to bring down the barrier and let her hybrids cross over.  While everyone has different opinions on this, Jackson makes it all null by taking control of Jaime's plane, and using it to break down the barrier.  So, now the hybrids are loose in America.  Oh, and they just find out that, like zombies, hybrid bites can turn normal animals, so this is going to be fun for everyone.  Thanks, Team Zoo!

Any idea on which way CBS is leaning towards, when it comes to renewing this show?  It probably doesn't deserve it, but there is admittedly something admirable with how entertainingly stupid this show can be, so I will be back.  Until they make the show I really want to see which is "Billy Burke Snarks On Everything For An Hour."

Not only that, Jackson has no guarantee of getting the baby back either, so they just doomed humanity on an assumption for no good reason.  They ended up doing way more damage than anyone else in the series.

On 9/22/2017 at 0:53 AM, shapeshifter said:

Likewise, Jackson had to waste precious time he had to shut down the beacon to snog his girlfriend and then to drag her back to safety. Again, no wonder the hybrids took over the central command. 

Ugh, she is so annoying.  Why couldn't she die instead of Logan and his mustache?  Then she tried to get to Jackson AGAIN and had to be held back.  She's second only to awful Abigail in the annoyance factor.  I did laugh when Tessa wanted to know didn't anyone notice the damn beacon??  Beacon, beacon, who's got the beacon. It was also funny to watch James Wolk staggger through the force field or whatever.

I guess we can blame the show's low budget for Jackson and not quite dead Sam being chased by a not really terrifying cloud of dust rather than a pack of hybrids.  I do miss the animal attacks of the earlier seasons, though zombie dog was pretty good. 

Our team really needs to start talking to each other.  I was glad that Abe took Rafiki's side in the weapons standoff, though geez, screw ups all around.  Jamie is indeed getting soft, I miss killer Jamie.   It was amusing to watch the big standoff among the team and some random extra soldiers are walking around behind them, apparently not noticing our heroes pointing guns at each other, lol. 

Is it me or is IDGAF sort of useless? Except for providing tasty pastries I guess.

Probably my least fave season, though it was still fun - not enough animal attacks and Abigail terrible; not a fun villain, an annoying one.  They sure left us hanging so I hope we get another season of this wacky show.  They are willing to have all kinds of ridiculous stuff and just go for it, which is awesome.

On 9/22/2017 at 8:46 AM, BooksRule said:

He was wearing a parachute.  Not this time though!

On 9/21/2017 at 10:51 PM, pinkelephant3 said:

Also...now we have zombie animals?!

On 9/21/2017 at 10:43 PM, pinkelephant3 said:

One problem at a time, pinkelephant3, one problem at a time.

• Love 2

I want more diversity in the zombie hybrid animals.  Forget the big guys.  Killer rabbits.  Flying squirrels and angry moose. (Cameo by famous Russian actor - "Get Moose and Squirrel").  Oh, and definitely a gecko.  I want that asinine commercial gone.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, raven said:
On 9/21/2017 at 10:43 PM, pinkelephant3 said:

One problem at a time, pinkelephant3, one problem at a time.

Has anyone (Probably everyone) wondered if Abigail is/are clones? Multi-gail? Abiclones?

There was one head on shot of Abigail in this episode where I thought they were trying to make her look leonine. She either has superhuman healing capabilities, or the writers don't think it's necessary to show effects of gunshots. Didn't we find out earlier this season that she's a hybrid too?

Oh man. Logan was my favorite character! He's the only one that is interesting! From a bad thief to a guardian for Clem to a top notch cop trying to uphold the law yet do what's necessary. He better be alive! 

Unlike ABIGAIL! Cmon! How many bullets does it take to kill her!? Jackson for sure shot her in the upper and lower torso with a dam rifle multiple times! 

Plus, how in the world did she know where Clem and the baby was?! How did she know where they were heading? Isnt clem inside the border? How did Abigail get through. Flying on her hybrid? 

And seriously, the barrier is the most important place right now and all they habe are man power? Where's the air force to blast the incoming hybrids? Where the navy to artillery the hell out of the forest where the hybrids are coming out of? Wheres the robotic turrets on the wall, or some kind of flamethrower, anything but just man power machine guns! Where's the mines or drones? 

So Jackson would let the hybrids get past the wall... This entire episode was useless then trying to shut off the beacon Lmao. What's the point in saving humanity if you're going to let the hybrids through which apparently can convert all normal animals to hybrids too. Did we not learn from season one how damaging normal animals were? GG humanity. 

Also how fast does it take for a jet on the ground to break a concrete (probably steel reinforced) and barrier that's meters thick? Isn't the plane like hollow aluminum?

Still upset about Logan. Dammit. 

Favourite moment: After everyone was called away to defend the generator, leaving Mitch alone to watch over Jackson trying to deactivate the beacon, Jamie came back in with this:

"The last time I left you alone in a hybrid attack, I didn't see you for ten years. Not happening again."

I might have cried. A lot. I love Mitch and Jamie so much.

I hated seeing the team fighting at the end, not to mention pulling guns on each other; that was upsetting, to say the least. And Logan's death hit me harder than I would have expected. But it's been a dark season, what with the whole Mitch/Mr. Duncan storyline, Jamie and Jackson's estrangement, Abigail and her supervillainosity... 

One thing about Zoo that I've always enjoyed is how they switch up the premise from season to season, so that kind of cliffhanger wasn't a surprise. And if they do get a fourth season, I'm sure it'll be every bit as batshit crazy -- and as incredibly fun to watch -- as all the others have been, and I'm definitely here for that.

• Like 1

I'm getting sick of the apparently omnipotent Abigail and her apparent magical ability to suddenly to turn up at exactly the right (wrong) moment and then disappear just as easily back into her evil lair (wherever it is) without anyone noticing (the whole world's "looking" for her!) Does she have the ability to teleport? Turn invisible? She's apparently been conducting a one-woman anti-world crusade for decades, and nobody's noticed a thing! She knows what everyone's thinking, what everyone's planning, etc. Is she telepathic?  Oh, and Jackson, how about a simple DNA test for you and Sam? Abigail may have had Connor's blanky, but how did she grab him out of a burning car without you seeing it, since you were staring at it the whole time. Invisible again?

Is she a clone, as crossworks suggested? Hmm..... could be, except she's so sick I doubt any of them would work together.

• Love 1
On 9/22/2017 at 2:53 AM, mertensia said:

On 9/23/2017 at 1:12 PM, raven said:

And hybrid killer zebras!  We've been waiting since S1 :(

If there is an S4, bring on the hybrid killer zebras  !!!  We've been waiting so long.

On 9/24/2017 at 4:17 AM, Harry Potter said:

Unlike ABIGAIL! Cmon! How many bullets does it take to kill her!? Jackson for sure shot her in the upper and lower torso with a dam rifle multiple times! . 

She walked off 2 gunshots like they never happened -- yet that gunshot she took in NY while wearing body armor almost killed her.
Then again, maybe a hybrid bit her and she's already died and been risen again.

Unless that jet was made of adamantium, if would have folded faster than Superman on laundry day (to borrow a phrase from Bart Simpson) when it rammed into that concrete barrier.
But noooooooo, it came through the feet-thick concrete barrier with barely a scratch -- even the landing gear remained intact.

• Love 4

I've just been watching this show on Netflix for the past week, and I have to say, it is hysterical how silly this show is. I really enjoyed the first two seasons (especially Season Two with the earthquake sloth and ice lizards), but feel like with this one it took itself a bit too seriously. Easily the best part of Zoo were these forums, which I read pretty much after every episode. You guys are absolutely hilarious!

I really liked Jackson and Jamie, but found the rest of the main cast to be a bit bland, or in the case of Mitch, rather irritating. Logan seemed really pointless this season, but I did like him in Season Two. The acting was generally pretty good, especially James Wolk.

I felt terrible for Jackson throughout the series, he might just be amongst the most tragic characters on TV. His Dad goes crazy, he leaves with his Mum to go to Africa, gets married and has a child who are killed, the second woman he loved died, he is then forced to kill his Mother (baffling as to why he couldn't kill his sister), finds out his Dad is alive who then dies for him, finds his evil sister and then he discovers his son is actually alive. I like how he kept going, but goodness me, the guy deserves some happiness! At least he has Abe.

Overall though, a highly amusing series.

Oh and just a reminder because I laughed every single time I read it - Antarctic Lesbians!

• Love 2