Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Zoomama, if you hover your mouse over the name of the poster. A box will pop up and a choice in the box is ignore user. You click it, they are ignored and you wont see their posts anymore

does it ignore for just this show's link or for all of their posts ? Opinions can be very strong in one show vs. another.

On 7/13/2018 at 9:39 PM, ginger90 said:

2 pictures 

OMG, that looks refreshing and delicious. The pool, the cake and that beverage. I wish I was there right now!  I might wanna jazz my drink up a bit, but, it sure looks good. 

• Love 1
(edited)

As soon as I saw the last episode of the season, the clip show all about Baby Jackson Tory and Zach, I new Jerk and Odd were done.  Where was their two hour clip show?  They are special.  They know all.  And after all of Odd's unending suffering too!  And they give Baby Jackson a whole episode all about him?  I'm sure the hipsters were insulted and this means we the audience are no longer graced with their presence.  Excellent news, I say.  Jerk and Odd are irritating, snobbish, and so freaking self-righteous I can't stand it.  So glad they will be gone.

Edited by beeziebee
  • Love 10

Yeah, I don't know if that's dog poo or not, but I think the peach water would look tastier if the peach stayed in the pitcher. In the glass, just...yuck.

• Love 1

Still not a peep from Matt on how he feels about Jeremy "turning his back on the family livelihood and striding off to do his ministry".

You'd think Matt would pleased as punch and proud as hell that Jeremy is committing to the Lord and walking away from a lifestyle that in the eyes of God, is something God will call you out on. 

Yet not a word from Matt who always tells it like he sees it and is always happy to share his views with the fans. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Still not a peep from Matt on how he feels about Jeremy "turning his back on the family livelihood and striding off to do his ministry".

You'd think Matt would pleased as punch and proud as hell that Jeremy is committing to the Lord and walking away from a lifestyle that in the eyes of God, is something God will call you out on. 

Yet not a word from Matt who always tells it like he sees it and is always happy to share his views with the fans. 

Well, maybe he thinks it b.s. like some of us do.

• Love 7

Well, maybe he thinks it b.s. like some of us do.

Maybe. I just find it hilarious that when Jeremy "decides" to do something that could dramatically affect the family bottom line, Matt's not proudly braying his support of Jeremy's decision. 

It tells me my theory that this wasn't entirely by choice just might be correct.

• Love 8

My theory is is because Jerkerme did not get what he wanted which was the farm he decided to say fuck you to the family. His thinking is if I'm not there on the farm the farm is going to fail it's all because of me not being on  the farm the farm will  not survive.

• Love 5

Truth be told, Rabbittron, you might be right. In fairness tho, I doubt it is a family rift in the traditional sense (Jer is currently posting pics and vids of he and Auj and the baby enjoying the farm and Amy's pool) It's just going to play hell with the storyline of "Amy needs to move so Jer and Auj can take over the farm" if Jer and Auj aren't going to be on the show. Likewise, any story that revolves around Matt teaching Jer how to be the family leader on the farm.... 

• Love 4

And Matt just posted on FB how excited he is that he was called on to babysit because Jeremy said, "Audrey and I would like to go out for a nice dinner."  

I think TLC decided that Jer and Auj as a married couple with a non-dwarf baby really don't add anything to a show called "Little People, Big World."

• Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I think TLC decided that Jer and Auj as a married couple with a non-dwarf baby really don't add anything to a show called "Little People, Big World."

Agree entirely. I also think, a la the Duggars/Derick Dillard, that Jeremy and Audrey's insistence on being quite public with their views may have forced TLC's hand a bit. 

Clearly, everyone is entitled to his or her beliefs. Say, for the sake of argument, that Whitney Thore's mom and dad are Trump supporters who favor separating kids and parents at the border (of course I don't know this to be true). They're entitled to go about their lives and believe what they believe -- but they're on TV. So the moment they begin using that platform to espouse views that are offensive to a majority of TLC's viewership, TLC really has no choice but to step in.

I like to think the way Jeremy and Audrey treated Amy didn't help them any. Whether you sympathize more with Amy or with Matt, it's a fact that both are divorced, and if one is going to be maligned and ostracized because divorce is "wrong," it's disingenuous to treat the other well. On one hand, we have Zach saying he doesn't exactly love the way things are between his parents, but he wants them to be happy. On the other hand, we have Jeremy and Audrey proselytizing. The optics around that whole issue have never reflected well on Jeremy and Audrey.

And then there's the fact that Audrey is an entitled, arrogant young woman with the worst case of RBF I've ever seen, coupled with the fact that another young woman who appears genuine went public with the fact that Audrey treated her badly because she and Jeremy had a friendship/relationship (about which Jeremy -- not the young woman -- lied).  

You'll always find people willing to overlook someone's nastiness because of his or her celebrity, but I think Audrey became way too grating. 

Edited by Literata
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Literata said:

What is she talking about? 

The post isn’t different, the group picture was changed. There was a comment that the crotch of the woman behind Amy was visible.

Bread update!

The pumpkin bread was much as I remembered it. A little more moist this time, and heavy and dense. A taste more like spice bread than pumpkin bread but quite tasty especially with butter on top.

The marion berry bread? Guys, I don't care if the rats personally took a shit in it and I don't care if the rustiest pan was used... that bread is DELICIOUS! Moist as hell, the right amount of sweet and generous dollops of berries. I tried a slice without butter and it was super good. The slice with butter? Like eating heaven. Seriously, my first thought was to check my budget so I could do the "two loaves of marion berry" order and dump the fucking pumpkin bread. Its really good!

I know! Frankly I was surprised!

• Love 15
(edited)
On 7/18/2018 at 5:14 PM, Literata said:

Whether you sympathize more with Amy or with Matt, it's a fact that both are divorced, and if one is going to be maligned and ostracized because divorce is "wrong," it's disingenuous to treat the other well.

Especially because "the other" was committing adultery for some time. 

Edited by Former Nun
merge
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I'm laughing my head off that she thinks ANYTHING she may have posted would have caused the internet to crash.  LOL.  Hubris much, Amy?

She was using irony.

19 hours ago, Rap541 said:

The marion berry bread? Guys, I don't care if the rats personally took a shit in it and I don't care if the rustiest pan was used...

I laughed out loud and the water I was drinking came out of my nose. Thanks, @Rap541.

As a Midwesterner, I had to look up marionberries, as my only frame of reference was that coked-up DC mayor. I assume there's no connection. ?

• Love 5
(edited)

Honestly, if the rats made it by hand, I am totally fine with that. A dirty bake is clearly a *tasty* bake. I am not too proud to admit it, it's *good*. 

Granted, when I was eating it last night, I was super hungry but seriously! I am seriously considering buying more and I am *cheap as fuck*!

Marionberries are apparently blackberries and there is *generous* blackberries in the bread! I assume the rats and other filth picked the berries because nom nom nom!

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 4
(edited)

Matt's latest Instagram post is a photo from his dad's 80th birthday party. It features a pic of the whole Roloff clan, with Matt and Caryn smack in the middle. Papa Ron has his hand on Caryn's shoulder.

Now, I realize how stalkerish this makes me sound, but I crept once on Peggy Roloff's Facebook. She and her husband are devout fundamentalists; I also remember as much from their early appearances on the show. My guess is they frown on adultery, so I'm a little surprised they've welcomed Caryn so warmly.

No wonder Amy wasn't eager to accept when Matt suggested during one of the last  episodes that she stop by and visit while his parents were in town.

Ron and Peggy, if you're reading this -- ha! -- even if you don't look favorably upon your former daughter-in-law, she's the mother of four of your grandkids and deserves at least a kudo or two for putting up with your son's narcissistic ass all those years. Embracing the woman your son fucked while married to someone else is irritatingly hypocritical.

Edited by Literata
  • Love 7

I'm not fans of Jer & Auj at all but this sounds fabricated - how the hell would this person know about their sex life? It's not like they would share something like that with anyone given the image they project. I think there are smatterings of truth in there, but overall this seems attention getting. Maybe someone with an ax to grind with those two, which wouldn't be too surprising.

Oh these things always have a tinge of attention seeking but some of the person's responses to questions does indicate some insider knowledge. The thread is interesting. 

• Love 2

Aren't we suppose to post things that haven't happened on the show on the Media thread?  Not sure, but, I'm going to post the article and photo that is described above about Matt's dad's 80th birthday party over there on the Media thread.  I liked it. 

51 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Oh these things always have a tinge of attention seeking but some of the person's responses to questions does indicate some insider knowledge. The thread is interesting. 

Thanks for the find! It’s definitely entertaining, at the least. 

• Love 2

New link to the reddit - the user answering questions has been verified as someone in the family's friend circle. Which makes the answer to "Did Matt have an affair with Caryn" interesting!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

New link to the reddit - the user answering questions has been verified as someone in the family's friend circle. Which makes the answer to "Did Matt have an affair with Caryn" interesting!

I'm a little addicted to that thread right now. Good stuff.

Wonder why the question-answerer stepped up. What could be in it for her/him?

• Love 1

I’m wondering the same thing Literata.  Surely this person knows that this “insider look” will not be looked on favorably by the family.  But I guess that depends on who in the family they know.  Is this someone’s ax to grind?  Is it really reliable information?  All I know is that I’m like a rubber necker at the site of an accident - I can’t tear myself away from it.  OMG!  I’ve always been in the camp that thinks that Matt and Caryn have been in an affair situation before the divorce, but the assertion that it has been a nine year affair was unbelievable!!!  And we wonder why Amy doesn’t want to make nice at parties and just get along and move on about Caryn?  She deserves a metal for not A.  Not going public about the shenanigans; and B.  Not tearing Caryn’s hair out when she says she “respects Amy.”  For God sake, I would have at least insisted that Matt get her off the payroll.  Can you imagine signing THAT check every other week?

• Love 3