Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: West Side Story

raven

Best parts:

• Rocket/launcher that looks like it's made by the LEGO company.
  • Uberjet crashlands in rough country and the gear doesn't collapse.  So they can fly it out again in time for next week.
  • CB Radio with no circuit boards?
  • "I might consider letting you call me dad."  For real?"  "Oh, no."
  • Sam, the traitrous Shepherd, in league with Abigail.  No surprise, then!
  • Mitch stabbing Abe in the chest in the middle of hybrid country, because more drama is required.
  • Jackson shooting Blabigail in mid sentence, because that bitch just talks too much.
  • Yaaaay!  Sam equals Connor!  Because more drama is required!

• Love 3

Every time someone said they just needed to get the baby to safety, I kept thinking: WTH? The magical sperm and ovum providers are at least as important. It should have been badass Jamie instead of Sam in the hybrid decoy vehicle.

17 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

How is sam his kid? Sam is clearly mixed...

They lived in Africa, right? Sam/Connor's mother could easily have been a person of color. For that matter, do we know that Abigail and Jackson weren't adopted in Africa? I really don't remember a lot of the backstory or earlier season's content.

• Love 2

Ha!  Sam is Conner, Jackson's supposedly "dead" son.  Now, that reveal was pure comedy right there.  Oh, Zoo!  Although, I can't wait for Mitch to find out, because I can only imagine how he'd react when he finds out that he and Jackson are family now!

I love you, Abe, but you are assuming a lot by suggesting that maybe Jackson and Tessa could start a family if this magical cure works.  Neither one of them has even said anything about getting back together again, let alone having a baby.

Not sure if the baby really likes Jamie like Clementine claims, or he is just really smart, and already knows to never, ever get on her bad side.

Lay off Michael Hogan, Logan.  Yeah, I get this Plan B of his sucks, but considering the alternative, there really isn't any other option.

Of course Jackson bails before finishing off Abigail, so her smug ass will no doubt come back into play come finale time.

Dariela: "You've done this before, right?"  Mitch: ".... Sort of."  Dariela: "On a human?"  Mitch: "Nope!" (stabs Abe.)  Never change, Mitch.  You are the best, Billy Burke.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

I really don't remember a lot of the backstory or earlier season's content.

That's understandable since much of it was on convoluted Jackson family drama.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

For that matter, do we know that Abigail and Jackson weren't adopted in Africa? I really don't remember a lot of the backstory or earlier season's content.

I have no idea how Abigail grew up, but Jackson moved to Africa with his mother when he was 12 or so.

• Love 2

Oh, I loved Mitch's "nope" as he impales Abe with the knitting needle. It's so him. 

Yeah, Mitch is going to be so thrilled that he and Jackson are now related by blood. 

Also, Clementine, listen to your dad. Cadmun is not now nor will ever be a good name.

• Love 4

So we're still assuming the baby will be Max, right? Or are we now wondering if Sam/Connor dies, one of those names? Or Robert after the other great grandpa if the "star" of the show survives to share that news. Or Jackson if he doesn't survive and it's an homage to "uncle" Jackson. Or just Oz and he can be little Ozzie. Or Abe if he's a goner. Or various combinations of the above.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TDT said:

So we finally get to see the big Hybrid battle in next week's finale..will there be zebras amongst them?

I certainly hope so.

Also, I did love the touch that everyone was smiling when they saw a real baby again for the first time in 10 years.

Jackson shooting Abigail and telling her to STOP TALKING was a highlight, but then he.......lets her talk even more.  And doesn't go for the double tap.  Sigh.

I like the hybrids threatening Sam Parker but then chasing after the pheromone gadget like dogs after a squeaky toy.

I'm not exactly clear on how Unnamed Baby is going to save humanity - his blood? 

OK, I had considered Jackson being Sam's dad but James Wolk is 32, how old is he supposed to be in the show?  Sam is at least 20.  Accelerating growth due to super tank serum?  When was the explosion that supposedly killed him, it was pre-Zoopocalypse which was 10 years ago.

Tessa's "wakes up and sees the dead guy hanging over me" expression was funny.  Abe, how do you know Jackson wants to have kids with her, sheesh.  Also Mitch, if Jamie doesn't want to hold the baby, she doesn't want to hold the baby.  Give it a rest already.

Hybrid attack next week, yay!  Hopefully Abigail dies. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

They lived in Africa, right? Sam/Connor's mother could easily have been a person of color. For that matter, do we know that Abigail and Jackson weren't adopted in Africa? I really don't remember a lot of the backstory or earlier season's content.

I remember a flashback on the burning car scene where mom was clearly white but I don't remember seeing the baby. So not mixed. This show can't keep anything straight!

• Love 3

Jackson has a sister who is a hybrid!  So, a son with some colour is well within the scope of the Zoo universe.  

Besides, just think where this could go next season!  Who says that Mrs. Jackson never dallied?  coughAbecough! 

I love this show.

• Love 3

I worder if being a hybrid allows one to have supersonic speed, because how the f*#$ does injured Abigail keep escaping and then apparently astro-projects herself to whatever location our heroes are headed. How did she know Jackson would be the one to go find Sam, how did she get (sorry spelling- abendegos)  out of the plane a relocated cause I doubt a regular airline would take him. I have a theory though on how abigail moves. One of my favorite movies so bad they are funny and must be watched (kind of like zoo)...is JAWS 4: the Revenge.  Out favorite shark is back again and kills one of the Brody kids on Amity island in the NE shore of the US. To get over this Mom Brody decides to go visit other son in the tropics.  Not only does the shark learn of her travel plans BUT he beats her there. Because we know the fastest mode of transportation is great white shark ,maybe Abigail is getting a ride. Plus i think the shark was a early hybrid, because when attacked it lifts it's head from the water and screams/yells which is amazing since it has no vocal chords. Oh yeah..please Kill Abigail!!!!. Jackson was the biggest hypocrite locking up Jaime for trying to kill her considering the body count Abigail has made, and u did this after  the bitch as stabbed Abe and shot everyone else on the plane including you!  O Luke,Stop thinking u can save Darth Vader and turn her back. 

That brings back a question, how the hell did Abigail know they would not die after being shot, or that plane would crash where it did or that they would take sam and begin to trust him.

1 more episode

• Love 2
13 hours ago, raven said:

And doesn't go for the double tap.

Those bullets must have been the smallest caliber available, because at that range her shoulder and leg should have been hybrid bait.  I did like Jackson's reaction to Sam's "You're going to have to go through me" BANG!  Why he let him get that far is beyond me, other than plot requirements.  And then he wastes time kicking him down the hill.  Abigail is the worst; knowing what she knows and smiling at the combat between the two of them. 

The plane, boss, the plane!  Farewell, Airbus with the world's best bar.

Given that the military has been decimated, there should be loads of heavy artillery and transportation around.  So why does the IDGAF team ride around in golf carts?  And why do they wear helmets? And why does the wall have doors?

12 hours ago, pinkelephant3 said:

I remember a flashback on the burning car scene where mom was clearly white but I don't remember seeing the baby. So not mixed. This show can't keep anything straight!

As far as I know (and I watch each episode multiple times*), we've never seen a flashback to the accident. Abigail was describing the scene quite vividly to Jackson when she held him captive, so maybe that's what you're thinking of. But we've never seen what the baby's mother looks like.

15 hours ago, raven said:

OK, I had considered Jackson being Sam's dad but James Wolk is 32, how old is he supposed to be in the show?  Sam is at least 20.  Accelerating growth due to super tank serum?  When was the explosion that supposedly killed him, it was pre-Zoopocalypse which was 10 years ago.

I believe Jackson was 30ish for the first two seasons, which would make him about 40 now. The accident happened when he was 19, so Sam being his son works, math-wise. 

*Hi, my name is Pamela and I'm a Zooholic. AMA.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Netfoot said:
2 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Farewell, Airbus with the world's best bar.

No way!  That plane will be flying again in no time!

The elves are retooling it as we type.

12 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Who says that Mrs. Jackson never dallied?  coughAbecough! 

Wasn't there actually a bit where Jackson was mad at Abe for keeping some deep dark family secret from him?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Wasn't there actually a bit where Jackson was mad at Abe for keeping some deep dark family secret from him?

Yup, it was that Abe had worked for Jackson's father and injected Jackson's mother with the serum that caused her to mutate.  Also I think Abe knew Jackson's father was alive when everyone thought he was dead but I could be mistaken about that.

• Love 3
On 9/15/2017 at 5:36 AM, TDT said:

So we finally get to see the big Hybrid battle in next week's finale..will there be zebras amongst them?

They had better be killer hybrid razorback zebras !!!

On 9/14/2017 at 11:44 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Dariela: "You've done this before, right?"  Mitch: ".... Sort of."  Dariela: "On a human?"  Mitch: "Nope!" (stabs Abe.)  Never change, Mitch.  You are the best, Billy Burke.

Billy Burke is the best for delivering these kind of lines -- he was also at his snarky best in 'Revolution'

So Connor's whole "being a dad changes" was just bullshit, he's still on a vendetta.  Jackson is such an idiot -- did he never think that Abigail was, oh, I don't know, lying to distract him so she could make her escape.

How did a tactical team with machine guns roof mounted  on ATVs (I guess the IADG can't afford Hummers) get taken down by hybrids, but Jackson mowed them all down with single gunshots.  Let alone, how did the hybrids set the ground on fire ? Because none of the ATVs were on fire.  And how come none of the hybrids hung around to snack on all those dead and tasty IADG team members ?

Jackson shot Abigail twice in the chest at point-blank range -- and somehow managed to miss the first shot -- and then shot her in the leg, but she barely reacted to being shot in the shoulder.  How does that work ?

Connor and Mrs. Jackson Oz died in a fire -- so who spirited them away ?  There must have been a funeral -- so where did the burnt corpses come from ?  How did the yellow blanket not get burned up in that same fire ?

In the final scenes of the episode, they showed the IADG control center with video feeds of nests -- if they have cameras in those nests why aren't they napalming those nests ?

Did they even swap out a fresh credit card when they were re-taping Abe's stab wound ?  Or was that a Mastercard product placement ?

When Jackson was gunning down hybrids, that one hybrid that accosted his leg seemed to come out of the ground -- I thought only the hybrid condors could do that ?
Or is that a feature of all hybrids ?  And Jackson was firing wildly in the direction of 2 hybrids in front of Sam, but somehow miraculously didn't shoot his "son".  I don't believe for a second that Sam is his son -- Abigail was just spouting bullshit.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, raven said:

Yup, it was that Abe had worked for Jackson's father and injected Jackson's mother with the serum that caused her to mutate.  Also I think Abe knew Jackson's father was alive when everyone thought he was dead but I could be mistaken about that.

Yeah, but it only last for a bit before they forgot about that.  This is why I don't like the Jackson family stuff because it's just a convoluted mess, just stick to the animals/hybrid fights.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

How did a tactical team with machine guns roof mounted  on ATVs (I guess the IADG can't afford Hummers) get taken down by hybrids, but Jackson mowed them all down with single gunshots.  Let alone, how did the hybrids set the ground on fire ? Because none of the ATVs were on fire.  And how come none of the hybrids hung around to snack on all those dead and tasty IADG team members ?

I kept wondering why they only sent open air vehicles. 

Jackson shot Abigail twice in the chest at point-blank range -- and somehow managed to miss the first shot -- and then shot her in the leg, but she barely reacted to being shot in the shoulder.  How does that work ?

How many times has this happened now? Several episodes ago I just started assuming I missed the memo stating that she has super-healing abilities.

I don't believe for a second that Sam is his son -- Abigail was just spouting bullshit.

Now that you mention it, I bet Sam is Abigail's son. She probably lied to Sam though, and told him Jackso,n was his evil daddy.
BTW, the actor who plays Sam/Connor is a Harvard grad. I wonder if when he was doing all those stunts he was thinking, "This is nuts. Next stop law school."

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

How did a tactical team with machine guns roof mounted  on ATVs (I guess the IADG can't afford Hummers) get taken down by hybrids, but Jackson mowed them all down with single gunshots

They went to the Last Ship school of close quarter combat training.

6 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

In the final scenes of the episode, they showed the IADG control center with video feeds of nests -- if they have cameras in those nests why aren't they napalming those nests ?

A cameo from Sigourney Weaver would have been snarktacular.

• Love 2

Does anyone think this show is going to come back for a fourth season? I don't imagine they even have any ideas left (which is why we have this whatever of a season 3).

Really, I came here to post about the baby names moment between Clem and Mitch where he suggested Chris Cornell???  Regular season shows that run from fall to spring typically shoot their penultimate episode about 1.5 - maybe 2 months (end of March or early April) before that episode airs.  This being a summer show, I don't know when they filmed, but was it before or after Chris unfortunately passed? (Mid-May.) And even if it was before, why didn't the producers or CBS remove that bit in the scene before it went to air?

I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it, but it just seemed weird to keep it in. And I wasn't even a fan of his, so I'm not sure how it played for viewers who were. It wasn't a key reference - just a throwaway joke that didn't compromise anything by being removed.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

They had better be killer hybrid razorback zebras !!!

Billy Burke is the best for delivering these kind of lines -- he was also at his snarky best in 'Revolution'

So Connor's whole "being a dad changes" was just bullshit, he's still on a vendetta.  Jackson is such an idiot -- did he never think that Abigail was, oh, I don't know, lying to distract him so she could make her escape.

Connor and Mrs. Jackson Oz died in a fire -- so who spirited them away ?  There must have been a funeral -- so where did the burnt corpses come from ?  How did the yellow blanket not get burned up in that same fire ?

Did they even swap out a fresh credit card when they were re-taping Abe's stab wound ?  Or was that a Mastercard product placement ?

When Jackson was gunning down hybrids, that one hybrid that accosted his leg seemed to come out of the ground -- I thought only the hybrid condors could do that ?
Or is that a feature of all hybrids ?  And Jackson was firing wildly in the direction of 2 hybrids in front of Sam, but somehow miraculously didn't shoot his "son".  I don't believe for a second that Sam is his son -- Abigail was just spouting bullshit.

Otto, you are the best--right up there with Billy Burke--for snarking.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, sweetandsour said:

Really, I came here to post about the baby names moment between Clem and Mitch where he suggested Chris Cornell???  Regular season shows that run from fall to spring typically shoot their penultimate episode about 1.5 - maybe 2 months (end of March or early April) before that episode airs.  This being a summer show, I don't know when they filmed, but was it before or after Chris unfortunately passed? (Mid-May.) And even if it was before, why didn't the producers or CBS remove that bit in the scene before it went to air?

I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it, but it just seemed weird to keep it in. And I wasn't even a fan of his, so I'm not sure how it played for viewers who were. It wasn't a key reference - just a throwaway joke that didn't compromise anything by being removed.

Both Billy Burke and the character of Mitch are big fans of Soundgarden/Chris Cornell. In fact, this was actually the fourth reference to them in the show's history. This episode would have been filmed shortly after Chris's death and I'm guessing that suggesting his name for the baby was done as a tribute to him.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

They've already destroyed Tokyo and killed everyone in Seoul

That means Milla Jovovich will appear in the final scene..

"Thanks,whoever you are..what's your name?"

"A-Alice..my name is Alice."

• Love 2
On 9/16/2017 at 8:24 AM, shapeshifter said:

I bet Sam is Abigail's son. She probably lied to Sam though, and told him Jackso,n was his evil daddy.
BTW, the actor who plays Sam/Connor is a Harvard grad. I wonder if when he was doing all those stunts he was thinking, "This is nuts. Next stop law school."

maybe it will be a Lannister job and Sam is the son of Abigail and Jackson! Conceived in a testube with dna mumble sciencey blah blah handwave

• Love 1
On 9/16/2017 at 4:58 PM, sweetandsour said:

Does anyone think this show is going to come back for a fourth season? I don't imagine they even have any ideas left (which is why we have this whatever of a season 3).

I actually was very curious about this also and a Google search of it and that lead me to this.....like, honestly I would kind of get it in a way if it was either way. We know Mitch was a huge Soundgarden fan and had mentioned it a few times in previous seasons (before his untimely passing. I'm not a huge fan either but I know the whole Chester Bennington thing now and the song one more light was for him etc.) So, if it was before his passing, ok it was just a joke. But if after, like, it could almost be like seen as Mitch kind of wanting to honor his "idol" who passed away. However, I do see how like the comment/Clems reaction could be seen as disrespectful and even so it should have maybe been edited a bit to make it not seem kind of insensitive? Especially with it having been so recent before the air date. I'm sure that t.v. companies can edit in post production and that up to a very short amount of time before air (I read something about something with Kevin Spacey being reshot in like 2 weeks so idk)....im very curious as to the reasoning behind airing it in the way they did it or if it was meant to be in his honor/memory kind of thing (maybe in poor taste but still) and they didn't really refer to/state anything about his passing (10 years ago in the show???? Idk what year it was supposed to have started in....)