Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Werewolves of London

ahisma

How did a skinny whinny guidance counselor knockout a werewolf and a werewolf/kanima in a hallway filled with students, then drag them and tie them up in her torture chamber? (I am guessing she is still in the school?) Will all the problems be over if they stop the Anuk-Ite or will they have to kill Gerard as well?

• Love 2

You know who Scott should be recruiting? That badass Mexican hunter pack. But I guess that would interfere with the sausage fest. 

My main takeaway from this episode is that this truly is the season for completely random hookups. I can't wait for Lydia to learn that her ex-boyfriend is not only suddenly bisexual but is dating her other ex-boyfriend's twin brother. If Stiles turns up in Beacon Hills involved in a three-way with Derek and Braedon then at this point I would actually not be surprised.

I don't know how much budget this show got for it's final season but the disappearing characters suggests it was just shy of $10 and a six pack. I'm glad they established that Scott's Dad got transferred to a different hospital but that didn't explain where Parrish went or why nobody visited Mason in hospital or where the hell Argent went either. Scott thinks he needs an army. I think he needs more than a pack of one. 

5 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

How did a skinny whinny guidance counselor knockout a werewolf and a werewolf/kanima in a hallway filled with students, then drag them and tie them up in her torture chamber? (I am guessing she is still in the school?) 

The power of !SMIRK!

• Love 2

This was a frustrating episode—parts I really liked and parts I really didn't. 

The Jackson/Ethan opener was just as much fun as the first time I saw it. I think Colton Haynes has become a better actor in the past couple of years, and I enjoyed grownup Jackson. (Though still susceptible to flattery!) 

I really liked the Sheriff throwing down—he made excellent points. But then the script had to get the plot stupids and get him chased out of his own station. Lady, it doesn't matter what kind of lies he told to protect Scott—Scott is not the problem! And your buddy Gerard will literally throw you to the wolves if it suits him! Whatever. The fact that there hasn't been a giant FBI task force in there already to take out the vigilantes and back up local law is preposterous. 

They finally got back around to digging into the fear creature's story, and I really don't give a damn by this point. Whatever #2.

It's good that the topic of Scott's no-kill policy is back on the table, but it just feels kind of sloppy. Is he really not going to kill Gerard under any circumstance? Once again, dude, self defense is a thing. Liam is still ready to kill when angry, but not when he has a chance to think. Theo is perfectly willing to kill in cold blood (he says, anyway—not sure if Hell changed him). Deuc is a pacifist now (cool moves, bro). Peter thinks Scott is an idiot for not being willing to defend himself. 

Ugh, speaking of. It's like Ian Bohen forgot whatever characterization he built for Peter. Yeah, he's still a smug, self-centered dick, but acted like a completely different smug, self-centered dick than before. Also, I didn't need the Scott/Malia clip show. Also, also, wouldn't his first beta dating his daughter make Peter even more of a hard ass about Scott learning to be a good protector, rather than making him a mushburger? Whatever #3. To think, I actually liked him in 6a.

I think Kate is the only loose thread dangling out there, yes? Are they bringing her in? I'd love to see Monroe find out who her precious Gerard will lie to protect.

(Okay, Danny's a loose thread but it'll be a cold day in hell before they acknowledge him.)

Basically, I'm just waiting for the Stiles and Derek appearance. One way or the other I want Gerard and Kate gone for good, Noah back in his Sheriff station, and Melissa all better. Stiles can take Derek back to DC with him and get them both away from the Hellmouth, Lydia can get the hell out and get to her university, and Jackson and Ethan can go hang out with Isaac in France. 

• Love 2

I haven't watched this show in years (I dropped it after season 5) because it just does not hold my interest anymore, but I had to watch this episode because I used to be a huge Jackson fan back in the show's good old days. I loved seeing Colton Haynes back on the show. I was never all that fond of the twins so I wish Jackson had found another boyfriend, but I guess their scenes and banter were okay. With Colton coming out it felt perfectly natural for Jackson to be gay (or bisexual) as well. I think I read in an interview that Jeff Davis had always planned for Jackson to be gay.

I don't really know what else is going on this season, but I do hope that Stiles and Derek and even Kate show up soon and all of them will join Scott's pack to take down Gerard. Monroe must be one of the most annoying characters ever to appear on this show. Hopefully, she will get her comeuppance soon.

Peter saw a Malia and Scott fanvid and that's what convinced him to help. If he would help if Malia asked why didn't she ask instead of saying she was there for moral support?

I also think it would make more sense to stop the two faced think then stopping Gerard. If that's what's making the town crazy then stop that and take away his army. 

I hope someone wipes that smug smile off Monroe's face. 

I loved seeing Jackson again. I hope that's not the last we see of him. 

• Love 2

It was weird seeing Jackson again. That whole opening felt like a fanfic come to life, but I really enjoyed it, heh.

I can't believe Sheriff Stilinski got kicked out of his own station. The military or someone should be involved at this point.

It was fun seeing Peter again, but man, I need me some Stiles and soon. I can't believe this show is almost over.

Also, I seriously hate that guidance counselor. When she finally dies, I will be cheering the loudest.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I hope someone wipes that smug smile off Monroe's face. 

I am so sick of her smirk!  She is not menacing.  Just annoying.

1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

It was fun seeing Peter again, but man, I need me some Stiles and soon. I can't believe this show is almost over.

Me too!!! 

I just don't buy the Malia and Scott pairing.  I don't have issues with it in the same way as some, I just don't see any chemistry.  I love Malia.  One of my favorite characters, next to Stiles, but I don't like this romance. 

15 hours ago, IntrovertGal said:

I haven't watched this show in years (I dropped it after season 5) because it just does not hold my interest anymore, but I had to watch this episode because I used to be a huge Jackson fan back in the show's good old days. I loved seeing Colton Haynes back on the show. I was never all that fond of the twins so I wish Jackson had found another boyfriend, but I guess their scenes and banter were okay. With Colton coming out it felt perfectly natural for Jackson to be gay (or bisexual) as well. I think I read in an interview that Jeff Davis had always planned for Jackson to be gay.

I don't really know what else is going on this season, but I do hope that Stiles and Derek and even Kate show up soon and all of them will join Scott's pack to take down Gerard. Monroe must be one of the most annoying characters ever to appear on this show. Hopefully, she will get her comeuppance soon.

As much as I appreciate old home week, the mystery, characters, and overall story structure of this last half of the final season, are for crap. We're supposed to find out both halves of this fear monster, find a way to stop it, continue escalating the conflict, reintroduce Derek and Stiles, get a reunion with all of our faves, and a resolution to this entire disaster of a season (including a comeuppance for Monroe and Gerard) in the remaining 3 episodes or 135 minutes, unless the final episode runs long. Even if the last episode is "2 hours," that still means this show has 180 minutes left to do all of those things. I find it improbable. I'll be pissed if they find a way to include a tribute to Allison, but not Kira.

For me, Monroe's comeuppance is not even her death; it's her ending up in prison for all of the pointless murders she committed. The woman has been brazen and hella sloppy. I'm sure there is surveillance footage of her.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1

How did a skinny whinny guidance counselor knockout a werewolf and a werewolf/kanima in a hallway filled with students, then drag them and tie them up in her torture chamber? (I am guessing she is still in the school?) Will all the problems be over if they stop the Anuk-Ite or will they have to kill Gerard as well?

The only mystery from this episode that tops this is why on earth Malia and Scott drove separately to the high school when they were both coming from one location and--you know, never mind. We both just put more thought into these issues than the writers did, so...

Speaking as someone who likes Scott/Malia, it seemed really ridiculous to have a retrospective when we just saw all these scenes for the first time within the past month. Some of them we saw LAST WEEK. I actually thought it was counter-productive--as someone who doesn't find this forced, this storytelling method made it seem forced. Like, "look at these FOUR clips, all of them from the last three episodes, showing how much they LURVE each other." It would have made way more sense to use clips from past seasons (or even 6a) showing the characters' connection and friendship. And if they couldn't do that for legal reasons, just skip it. Also, I'm not really supposed to think Peter changed his mind because Malia loves Scott, right? Based on last season, it makes sense to me that Peter would get involved to protect Malia. And that is the only reason that would make sense to me. I guess you could spin that Peter is worried Malia is going to get herself killed trying to protect "fragile" Scott, but I needed one more line for that to be more than my sensible-but-imaginary canon. 

Argent's absence after Melissa was in the hospital was glaring. Not even a mention of Stiles when Lydia had been shot was glaring. I get that they're working around restrictions, but just toss in a line to make it make sense!

Peter saw a Malia and Scott fanvid and that's what convinced him to help. If he would help if Malia asked why didn't she ask instead of saying she was there for moral support?

I do think they've been pretty consistent in writing Malia as not wanting to ask Peter for a favor if there is any possible other option, so I'll give them that one. 

It's dumb for Scott to be considering how to stop Gerard without killing him. Many innocent people are dead because of Gerard. There is no way that is safe for others to leave him alive. That said, I have to imagine one of Gerard's children will kill him, not Scott.

Edited by Jillibean
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, ahisma said:

I think Colton Haynes has become a better actor in the past couple of years, and I enjoyed grownup Jackson. (Though still susceptible to flattery!) 

He left Teen Wolf for Arrow where he also could not act. He came back and did an episode of Arrow ?last year? and I was blown away by how much his acting had improved. He's become quite enjoyable to watch, even if he is involved in the world's worst Teen Wolf fanfic. 

• Love 2

I know it is probably a complete waste of time trying to figure these things out but the mechanics of this Anuk-ite is seriously confusing.

Let's see if I have this straight - Magic spiders find a home in Aaron and the faceless, and skinless, body appears. Aaron acts strange while faceless body chills at the hospital morgue. Aaron goes to morgue and disgorges the spiders into the body. Body goes out to terrorize some tunnels while Aaron lies dead-like on the floor of the morgue. Parrish seemingly destroys the bloody faceless body but it is still seen on occasion. Aaron shows back up at school helping to stab fellow students. Now another faceless body shows up, apparently formerly belonging to one of those Primal werewolves. This is supposedly related to the other half of the Anuk-ite, right? And the magic spiders have been trying out other people, more thoroughly than what happened to Theo since we have a bunch of dead bodies with gruesome wounds which they theorize were the result of the Anuk-ite trying to find its other half among the town's supernatural population, right? Am I missing something?

58 minutes ago, Terrafamilia said:

I know it is probably a complete waste of time trying to figure these things out but the mechanics of this Anuk-ite is seriously confusing.

I hate to speculate because I'm usually wrong. I still remember interpreting the nightmares everyone was having in 3B as powerful metaphors for their characters only to find out they were supposed to be literal (Kate is still alive, Stiles is someone else, Scott is struggling with his Wolf). 

But if you look at a snapshot of the mythology this is based on, the two-faced creature uses its back-face to paralyse you with fear until it comes back around to kill you. While it can be both male and female, its common names include the Double Faced Woman. The multiple manifestations of fear are probably just that; various forms of fear all representing the second face. Just because it's a two-faced creature doesn't mean the 'face' isn't made up of multiple factors. 

If it's preparing for the first face to come and kill you that means, I imagine, the First Face will turn out to be Smirky McSmirk Face, here to kill you with the power of !SMIRK!

It's the kind of neat twist people love in these discussions of racism. The self-loathing supernatural. That's why I'm kind of hoping that isn't the answer. But I suspect it is. 

18 hours ago, IntrovertGal said:

Monroe must be one of the most annoying characters ever to appear on this show. Hopefully, she will get her comeuppance soon.

I told my wife that this is the first truly major black woman they've had on the show (Braedon comes close, but her story was always in service to Derek's) and they had to find the absolute worst black actress in Hollywood. It's like they're setting out to prove that black women can't act!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, jhlipton said:

I told my wife that this is the first truly major black woman they've had on the show (Braedon comes close, but her story was always in service to Derek's) and they had to find the absolute worst black actress in Hollywood. It's like they're setting out to prove that black women can't act!

I don't know, Bianca Lawson was on the show for 3 seasons and had a integral role in Seasons 2 and 3.  Although, that may fall into a separate category since I think it may be a SAG rule that all supernatural and/or YA adaptation shows must cast BLaw for at minimum of a full season arc.  But yeah.... Monroe is insufferable. 

This season is just a mess.  I enjoy individual scenes and I still have affection for some of the characters, but I have no idea what's going on and I don't care. At this point I'm just sort of watching the spectacle and not investing in anything in particular. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1

From the way Peter was staring after Scott, and from the way they showed the "Scott and Malia" love clips while he did so, I honestly thought for a minute that we were supposed to think Peter had absorbed Malia's love for Scott - which would have been an awkward twist to throw in this late in the game.   

• Love 5

I have an unreasonable love for Peter so that made this episode fun for me. However... so many other things... ugh. 

Smirky McSmirk has a voice that makes me want to punch her. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly but It makes me dislike her even more, which is truly amazing as much as I already can't stand her. Her ability to villain is falling in to negative numbers. She sucks life out of this show. 

While I like getting to see Jackson again, that opening scene did read like straight fan fic. And I agree with y'all that pointed out that the Scott and Malia retrospective felt ridiculous since it all happened two minutes ago. A little early to get all memory lane misty eyed. I buy Peter having protective feelings towards Malia. There's no need to sing Endless Love and draw hearts around her and Scott's initials to make me believe it. 

Yet again it's painfully obvious Stiles is needed. They need a plan and thinking isn't Scott's strong suit no matter what kind of natural born, pure bred, super special alpha he is. He needs Stiles to balance things out  

5 hours ago, ramble said:

They need a plan and thinking isn't Scott's strong suit no matter what kind of natural born, pure bred, super special alpha he is.

And fighting isn't Scott's strong suit either, he has been getting owned by every supernatural creature in these last few seasons.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Sibongile Mlambo, who portrays Monroe, was also on Black Sails. Did anyone see her on that? Was she any good? She gets work unlike some of the "actors" who've been featured on this show.

8 hours ago, ramble said:

Smirky McSmirk has a voice that makes me want to punch her. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly but It makes me dislike her even more, which is truly amazing as much as I already can't stand her. Her ability to villain is falling in to negative numbers. She sucks life out of this show. 

I can't stand the character. She drives me completely bonkers. She's so bad that I'm wondering if it's the actress, the script, the direction, or some combination of the above.

9 hours ago, jcin617 said:

From the way Peter was staring after Scott, and from the way they showed the "Scott and Malia" love clips while he did so, I honestly thought for a minute that we were supposed to think Peter had absorbed Malia's love for Scott - which would have been an awkward twist to throw in this late in the game.  

8 hours ago, ramble said:

They need a plan and thinking isn't Scott's strong suit no matter what kind of natural born, pure bred, super special alpha he is.

2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

And fighting isn't Scott's strong suit either, he has been getting owned by every supernatural creature in these last few seasons.

Maybe Malia can use her claws to get everyone to absorb her love for Scott. Dumb Scott, who can't fight and is filled with stupid ideas.

• Love 2
On 9/11/2017 at 5:05 PM, Jillibean said:

It would have made way more sense to use clips from past seasons (or even 6a) showing the characters' connection and friendship. And if they couldn't do that for legal reasons, just skip it. Also, I'm not really supposed to think Peter changed his mind because Malia loves Scott, right? Based on last season, it makes sense to me that Peter would get involved to protect Malia. And that is the only reason that would make sense to me. I guess you could spin that Peter is worried Malia is going to get herself killed trying to protect "fragile" Scott, but I needed one more line for that to be more than my sensible-but-imaginary canon. 

They did show scenes from 6a (the part with Malia trying to save Scott from the whipper whippy people and him jumping in between her and the wall). The only reason I can think for them not showing scenes from earlier seasons is they don't want to make it look like she was falling in love with Scott while she was still Stiles. Which...why? They totally retconned Lydia's feelings for Stiles and had him be dating Malia while still being in love with Lydia. But then again, people are quicker to forgive male characters than the female ones.

The problem with a lot of teen wolf scenes is the music. Like, they play this super dramatic bg music when characters are just like....talking? Why? Other than that, I've effectively been able to turn off my brain for an hour and let this show sooth my GOT woes (I have to wait until 2019?!?!). It's like watching a CW show (that isn't The 100, JTV, or iZombie), a lot of things don't make sense except for plot...the minute you accept that, the more enjoyable your watching experience will be. 

On 9/12/2017 at 2:51 PM, HunterHunted said:

Sibongile Mlambo, who portrays Monroe, was also on Black Sails. Did anyone see her on that? Was she any good? She gets work unlike some of the "actors" who've been featured on this show.

I can't stand the character. She drives me completely bonkers. She's so bad that I'm wondering if it's the actress, the script, the direction, or some combination of the above.

Her role on Black Sails was fairly small, it seems.  She was one of several slaves freed in episode 6, and has been seen at a tavern since.  However, I posted a showreel in the Teen Wolf Cast in Other Roles topic which shows that it's not her -- she can do so much more.