Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Wolf Cast in Other Roles

Whimsy

Some more casting news I happened to see:

Holland Roden set as lead in Amazon Horror Anthology Series called 'Lore'

Shelley Hennig and Pete Ploszek (Mr. Douglas in 6A) cast in Liberty Crossing, a half-hour sitcom about counter-terrorism. (I added the IMDB cast list because they weren't announced when the Variety article went up. But there are photos of them on set, if you look on social media.) Not sure how they can make counter-terrorism hilarious but OK. :P

I dont know how to link it, but The Chive did a video with Dylan O'Brien on a shooting range. Not only was it crazy impressive, but in no way did it remotely remind me of Stiles. O'Brien was super serious in it. Im really interested in seeing his movie when it comes out.

44 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

I dont know how to link it, but The Chive did a video with Dylan O'Brien on a shooting range. Not only was it crazy impressive, but in no way did it remotely remind me of Stiles. O'Brien was super serious in it. Im really interested in seeing his movie when it comes out.

Here it is:

The movie looks way cool.  I'm happy Dylan got back "on the horse".  According to the interview @HunterHunted posted, he seriously thought about giving up acting after his accident.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Here it is:

The movie looks way cool.  I'm happy Dylan got back "on the horse".  According to the interview @HunterHunted posted, he seriously thought about giving up acting after his accident.

Im glad he got back on the horse too. I cant imagine how scary his accident was, and what was reported of his injuries, I'm sure it was quite the set-back. Im actually really glad he's keeping his story mostly private. I think most celebrities reveal too much about themselves (or the pap goes after them too much). I'm sure his story was more under the radar because he really hasnt "made it" big yet.

• Love 2

I went to see American Assassin today, and enjoyed it.

There was one scene towards the beginning, when you are seeing him in the aftermath of the tragedy, that I flashed back to the Vulture interview where Dylan said the trauma of his on-set accident was helpful for him getting into this character. And there was one scene towards the end with a boat and a helicopter where I realized how many intense action scenes there had been in this movie, and retroactively freaked out on Dylan's behalf. (I don't know whether Dylan actually did the helicopter scene or whether it was a stunt person.)

The whole rest of the movie, I was pretty much carried along by the story. It's not Oscar-caliber writing, or anything (I am particularly puzzled by the villain's motivation), and it's quite violent. But it's very competently put together. Michael Keaton delivers a hardass with a side of crazy. And Dylan creates a clear, believable hitman-for-reasons and does an amazing job with the fight and action sequences.

• Love 3

TPTB must hate Black women.  They were finally pressured into casting one as a major character, they got a good actress, and they have done her soooooooooooooooooo wrong.  Here is a "showreel" for Sibongile Mlambo )Monroe) with not a smirk in sight (PS: She's gorgeous!!!):

That was interesting. I hope Dylan wasn't too candid about current movie trends. Deriding sequels when he just came off the Maze Runner series and has now potentially launched an American Assassin series.... His name was also around for the latest Spider-Man, but I don't know if that was actually serious or just speculation. I don't think he's going to get hired by Marvel now! 

Crystal Reed is now on Gotham, though I cringe at her being another love interest for Jim Gordon. Glad to see she's moved up a bit on the science-fiction and fantasy show food chain like Colton Haynes. After his stint in the Arrow-verse, he's now a detective on American Horror Story: Cult. Though I'm not liking his platinum blonde hair color choice, and hope it eventually goes away.