Type keyword(s) to search

Siesta Key - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, oakville said:

The show has a lot more drama this season. Juliette got into a shoving match with Kelsey. Alex had to rescue poor Juliette from the rest of the group. 

Madisson nearly hit Canvas.

Her sister, Paige said that she was romantically attracted to Canvas.

I wonder how Madisson & Kelsey can not afford to live in a beach apartment? 

Alex is an even worse politician this season than last. Everything he says is in speech form, trying to promote himself as being such a wonderful friend to everyone who never did anything wrong. I love how at the beach Madison's friend called out Alex getting his jaw wired shut, "Do you think he deserved it? :)" Ha! Everyone knows he's a tool, but since his parents are rich and started this show, people are afraid to call him out. 

Not liking Canvas at all and not really sure what she thinks she's getting out of pursuing Brandon. I'm sure she'll hook up with Brandon, but then he'll dump her and she'll be blackballed out of the group. None of the girls like her, she chose Madison to pick a fight with (even though she's dull, Madison is generally one of the nicer cast members), and I doubt the other guys will want to hang out with her for fear of getting on the other girls' bad side. She's painting herself into a corner with the only outcome being that she's admitted she's ok breaking up people's relationships and doesn't really care about anyone. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Not liking Canvas at all and not really sure what she thinks she's getting out of pursuing Brandon. I'm sure she'll hook up with Brandon, but then he'll dump her and she'll be blackballed out of the group. None of the girls like her, she chose Madison to pick a fight with (even though she's dull, Madison is generally one of the nicer cast members), and I doubt the other guys will want to hang out with her for fear of getting on the other girls' bad side. She's painting herself into a corner with the only outcome being that she's admitted she's ok breaking up people's relationships and doesn't really care about anyone. 

I agree with you about Canvas, except for the bolded part...those guys get away with anything & everything where those girls are concerned, so I don't for one second think any of them WOULDN'T hook up with her due to "loyalty".

I couldn't help but laugh at Alex talking through wired jaw. I find him hard to take seriously to start with but that was NOT helping!

Kelsey crying to Garret about "How could you be with a girl who would try to punch me?" was like UGH. Really? Way to put something on him that he is 0% responsible for. I never saw a punch anyway, just grabbing.  Why was Madisson so pissed at Alex/Juliet too?  Damn, I hate this show but can't stop watching.

• Love 1

I couldn't help but laugh at Alex talking through wired jaw. I find him hard to take seriously to start with but that was NOT helping!

Then he & Juliette started making out!  How the heck did that work?  Ugh, he reminded me of that villain from the late 70/early 80s James Bond movies.  

They showed the supposed fight between Juliette & Kelsey twice, I definitely didn't see any punches and neither of them came away looking like Chloe did after Amanda damn near knocked her out.

Speaking of Chloe, why did I think she was the one with a health scare (i.e. not her mom)?  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I agree with you about Canvas, except for the bolded part...those guys get away with anything & everything where those girls are concerned, so I don't for one second think any of them WOULDN'T hook up with her due to "loyalty".

I guess my point was more that, other than Brandon, none of the guys have even noticed her. So once she hooks up with Brandon then he dumps her I'm not sure where she goes. I doubt Alex or any other guy would like her enough at that point to put up with the headache they'd revive from the other women. 

But you're right, if the guys did like her they'd go for her. I just don't think they'll bother.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, oakville said:

Her sister, Paige said that she was romantically attracted to Canvas.

I wonder how Madisson & Kelsey can not afford to live in a beach apartment? 

I'm still laughing about Canvas being introduced to the group.  I *swear* one of the guys said, "that's a terrible name!"

she's a little troublemaker, not to mention Tarik!  he's kind of the worst!

I know, right?  do Madisson & Kelsey think they're Kelly & Donna???

• Love 2

The people on the podcast surmised that Madison's parents bought that apt.

Otherwise why would she move into a place without a job, unless MTV picks up the bills.

They lamented that these girls are not pursuing careers.  Most of them are out of college and this TV show is a diversion, unless they become big stars and are able to do shows for years and do clothing lines and so on.

It doesn't seem like this show is headed towards The Hills or Jersey Shore levels of popularity, where several of the cast from those shows parlayed roles on them to other things and socked away some money.

• Love 1

Then he & Juliette started making out!  How the heck did that work? 

Good question. Also if it's wired shut he probably can't brush his teeth normally, so I'm sure his breath must be pretty rank. Lucky Juliet, lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Radar said:

Good question. Also if it's wired shut he probably can't brush his teeth normally, so I'm sure his breath must be pretty rank. Lucky Juliet, lol.

I couldn't get that thought out of my head while watching their make out sesh. As if making out with Shrek isn't gross enough. 

• Love 1

That was an entertaining episode.

Looked like Madison was going to settle working in the bridal shop or business for Alex's mom but at least by the end, she's talking about doing interviews for engineering jobs in NY -- though she's worried about liking NY too much?

Tarik livened up the house warming party by bringing a big black dildo.  Madison hinted at a freaky side by saying she's already set -- in the black phallus dept?

Kelsey seems to have body image issues, says her metabolism isn't the same as a couple of years ago when she last modeled.  She looks kind of anorexic now, when she was doing that skinny boarding.  She thinks the modeling industry is more accepting of healthy bodies.  Hmm but she was living in 3 cheerios a day?

The best part was up in Tallahassee.  Juliette's friends are trying to give her tough love, by being brutally blunt, resulting in some funny lines:

"He's gross Juliette"

"He came up to get some ass"

Another good line line was at the hose warming party, they were talking about how both Alex and Garrett had each slept with Juliette and Kelsey.  Madison said something like how they're all part of that gross square.  That's the engineer in her talking, because two (love) triangles can form a square.

• Love 1
On January 31, 2018 at 2:18 PM, scrb said:

That was an entertaining episode.

Looked like Madison was going to settle working in the bridal shop or business for Alex's mom but at least by the end, she's talking about doing interviews for engineering jobs in NY -- though she's worried about liking NY too much?

Tarik livened up the house warming party by bringing a big black dildo.  Madison hinted at a freaky side by saying she's already set -- in the black phallus dept?

Kelsey seems to have body image issues, says her metabolism isn't the same as a couple of years ago when she last modeled.  She looks kind of anorexic now, when she was doing that skinny boarding.  She thinks the modeling industry is more accepting of healthy bodies.  Hmm but she was living in 3 cheerios a day?

The best part was up in Tallahassee.  Juliette's friends are trying to give her tough love, by being brutally blunt, resulting in some funny lines:

"He's gross Juliette"

"He came up to get some ass"

Another good line line was at the hose warming party, they were talking about how both Alex and Garrett had each slept with Juliette and Kelsey.  Madison said something like how they're all part of that gross square.  That's the engineer in her talking, because two (love) triangles can form a square.

I thought Kelsey looked really pretty when she wasn't wearing makeup. 

Madison is starting to get on my nerves with her frozen smile facial expression and her seeming shock and amazement that the modeling industry pushes waif-thin models. How is this woman this naive about everything and anything?

• Love 2

Very interesting episode tonight. Kelsey is treated very badly by a modeling agency. They laugh at her attempt to get back into "editorial"/ runway modeling. She may have to settle for "commercial" modeling.

Madison has another bad interview with an engineering recruiter who tells her that she should have done an internship with an engineering company over the past 4 years.

Brandon cheat on Madison with some girl who attends his rap show. Canvas is devastated.

Alex & Juliette are reconciling.

Pauly Paul starts kissing Madison's sister, Paige.

Yeah you're suppose to do internships throughout school.  Then if you kiss up enough, one of the firms who gave you the internship might offer a regular job after graduation.  In the tech industry, summer interns are paid like regular employees so they can gross $20-30k in 2-3 months.  But it's very competitive and if you get it, you can work long hours.

Instead, Madison spent summers being Alex's bow down girl or whatever crude moniker he gave her in season 1.

She's suppose to be bright so you'd tHink she'd HAve researched how to get into the field.

• Love 2

I laughed at Canvas getting ditched, haha! I've known a few Canvases and, ugh, they suck. But I'll add that even though nothing ultimately happened, Madisson was a bit over the line too, IMO. I'd be pissed at my BF if I found out that he acted that way to someone else on a night out without me.

• Love 1

Brandon can't sing or rap.

Kelsey can't really walk the runway.

Madison can't engineer.

It just seems more scripted.  Those modeling agency interviewers were so catty.  One was laughing in her face, the other two when they thought she couldn't hear them.  If Kelsey really wanted to do modeling, you'd think she'd be crushed.

Madison didn't have a good answer for why she slacked every summer instead of working.  She concludes that she may not really want to be an engineer, even though she spent 5 years studying to be one.

So these kids aren't good at their avocations.  Alex seems more interested in his boat and trying to get Juliette than hitting the books.  Let's face it, his game plan should be waiting for the big inheritance or getting access to the trust fund.

So what are they good at?  Drinking and going to parties!

Kelsey and Madison supposedly had their dreams crushed but they're not going to let that interrupt their party time.  Conveniently, they go to clubs, which production had to clear to film in them, while back home there's some show for the C- singer/rapper Brandon.  Looks like the same venue where Paulie had his Vanilla Ice dreams crushed.  This time, Paulie is oblivious to the music, just sucking face with Paige, while Brandon hooks up with some random girl (who still must have consented to having her face shown on TV).

The podcast people have speculated that  Brandon and Madison aren't really a couple  that she's dating someone else IRL.  We will see if  Madison can show she's crushed by Brandon's supposed cheating or if it's a fabricated story line.

The whole NY trip seems a setup for this cheating story.  And they hint with Kelsey's narration that Alex is going to burn Juliette again.

• Love 1

Spencer Pratt, formerly of The Hills, does some hilarious recaps of this show on the Cosmo magazine site. 

What kind of school did Madison go to that they didn't tell her "no internships, no future" for you? That's just dumb. 

Did Brandon even go to college? Wondering how long it will be before his parents force him to deal with reality. What is his plan B?

Kelsey is another sad sack. While the industry people could have been kinder, she should have been dealing with reality. She's been out of t he game for ages, her look book doesn't reflect her current look. WTF, girl? If you're really so edgy deep down, do the commercial work, get back into the game and make connections and see what happens. 

Canvas had a sad story, so how did she land on the Key and how is she supporting herself? She needs to forget about no-talent Brandon Gomes because he clearly prefers white girls.

What law school is Alex enrolled at? The first year is supposed to be the hardest and reportedly quite brutal, but he seems to have plenty of free time.

All of these silly kids need a good talking to by Alex's father like the one he gave cousin Paul after he got busted. Speaking of Paul--Paige--stay the fuck away from him. You can have a brief fling but don't get your heart and head all twisted over him.

• Love 2

So all these girls are interested in Alex for his family money right?  Cause otherwise, I Just. Don't. Get. It.  He's not good looking, nor is he charming or intelligent.  Maybe he has a big dick?  Then again, even if he did, he strikes me as the type of guy that would be a 2-3 pump chump who stops immediately after he gets there and then swears that he rocked the girls world.  Any insights on this would be great.  

14 hours ago, oakville said:

Brandon cheat on Madison with some girl who attends his rap show. Canvas is devastated.

Lol at Canvas being the one devasted.  She is the definition of thirsty.  But in regards to Brandon, what a douche.  He first irritated me when Maddisson called him during the sound check telling him how awful her interview was and he immediately rushed her off the phone.  I was willing to let that go because he was at a sound check and on other people's time, but then, he didn't even bother to call her back when he was finished.  And follow that with his use of quotation marks when he mentioned her job interview, because she should have asked them to reschedule because of his stupid show with his awful music.  And then to put icing on the cake, he goes home with the most homely girl in the bar!  I was deeply offended on Maddisson's behalf.  

13 hours ago, scrb said:

Yeah you're suppose to do internships throughout school.  Then if you kiss up enough, one of the firms who gave you the internship might offer a regular job after graduation.  In the tech industry, summer interns are paid like regular employees so they can gross $20-30k in 2-3 months.  But it's very competitive and if you get it, you can work long hours.

Instead, Madison spent summers being Alex's bow down girl or whatever crude moniker he gave her in season 1.

She's suppose to be bright so you'd tHink she'd HAve researched how to get into the field.

I'm still shocked that Maddisson hasn't sought out any internships considering all the interviewers she met with last season told her explicitely that she needs more experience.  And again, how did she make it out of college with an engineering degree without getting at least one internship or volunteer position with a firm, even if it was during the school year.  It's not a requirement for the degree, but certainly a well known expectation of the field.  That degree is fucking hard, so I'm not entirely sure why she wasted her time.  And she doesn't talk about anything else, so it doesn't seem like she has an actual passion for anything, outside of who she's getting screwed over by (both literally and figuratively).   

5 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I laughed at Canvas getting ditched, haha! I've known a few Canvases and, ugh, they suck. But I'll add that even though nothing ultimately happened, Madisson was a bit over the line too, IMO. I'd be pissed at my BF if I found out that he acted that way to someone else on a night out without me.

Yeah, she was flirting, but it felt like innocent, in the moment, I'll just enjoy getting some attention from this new person, flirting to me.  And at least she immediately stopped they guy (who was hot as fuck!) when he tried to go in for a kiss.  I can't say that I'd have that much will power. 

Juliet's mom is so lovely.  How'd she turn out to be such wench?

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 1

Forgot to talk about Kelsey.  Now, I am no fan of hers, but most of the people she met with were so damn unprofessional, with the exception of the guy with the glasses in the first meeting and the last lady she met with who asked her for test shots.  I know the modeling industry is tough, but jeez, have some fucking class.  For that dude to laugh out right about her and then follow it up with "not to be politically incorrect;" how about you not be an ass.  And the designers snickering behind her back within earshot, even worse.    While the guy with glasses told her she no longer had the look, he didn't offer her any suggestions or potential options, which I think the last lady did a great job with.  She also turned her down for the editorial work without making talking down to her.  Kelsey needs to get out of her head and accept that she won't get those editorial/high fashion jobs anymore.  But she has an amazing body, and sometimes she looks cute, and she can actually make a career with the commercial modeling.  And at the very least, sign with the last lady because at least she'll tell her the truth, but still help her to find her lane.

But, what was this personality they all kept talking about?  Kelsey is the blandest person, unless I'm missing something.  

• Love 2
On 2/6/2018 at 3:05 PM, politichick said:

Spencer Pratt, formerly of The Hills, does some hilarious recaps of this show on the Cosmo magazine site. 

What kind of school did Madison go to that they didn't tell her "no internships, no future" for you? That's just dumb. 

Did Brandon even go to college? Wondering how long it will be before his parents force him to deal with reality. What is his plan B?

Kelsey is another sad sack. While the industry people could have been kinder, she should have been dealing with reality. She's been out of t he game for ages, her look book doesn't reflect her current look. WTF, girl? If you're really so edgy deep down, do the commercial work, get back into the game and make connections and see what happens. 

Canvas had a sad story, so how did she land on the Key and how is she supporting herself? She needs to forget about no-talent Brandon Gomes because he clearly prefers white girls.

What law school is Alex enrolled at? The first year is supposed to be the hardest and reportedly quite brutal, but he seems to have plenty of free time.

All of these silly kids need a good talking to by Alex's father like the one he gave cousin Paul after he got busted. Speaking of Paul--Paige--stay the fuck away from him. You can have a brief fling but don't get your heart and head all twisted over him.

It's surprising how bad the cast is at their jobs. I would have hoped that Madison could get a job in Sarasota. Surely, Alex's dad could have helped her getting an interning job?. There is quite a bit of construction going on in Sarasota now.

On February 6, 2018 at 2:05 PM, politichick said:

We heard previously that Alex wanted to go to (and got wait listed at) Stetson.  It's just across the bridge from siesta key in St Petersburg and known for not being terribly hard. But, it's where all the rich, Florida kids go to law school because the network is great. I had lawyer friends who went to top 20 law schools who struggled to find work in Florida, but the Stetson grads all had pretty cushy jobs. 

I don't think Madison really wants to be an engineer, because who goes into a job interview (her only one in forever) so unprepared? How does she not prepare for the question, "Tell me about your experience"? How does she go into an interview with only a Manila folder containing one resume? You'd think she had a briefcase full of research she'd done on the firm or projects she'd worked on in college. Something, anything to show one iota of effort. 

The Kelsey stuff was dull simply because I could see where it was headed before they left for NY. Wilhelmina sounds prestigious, but they take just about anyone that wants to model. Their "look" is all over the map and they have something for everyone. Pretty generic. As soon as she mentioned them I knew she'd get rejected a few times just to set up her salvation at the end. 

Pauline and Paige and Brandon with random girl were at least surprises. Too bad Paulie and Brandon are both dull and uninteresting. 

I'm really surprised that having inter/extern-ships wasn't a part of Madisson's curriculum when she was in college.  All of the people I know who have engineering degrees were required to do them, so I'm shocked that she went through school, in what is normally a pretty tough and competitive program and somehow didn't get that it would be helpful for her to do any sort of internship.  It just baffles me.  

• Love 2

I agree, and she said she traveled during her Summer breaks, but didn't even study abroad.  To me, that just screams entitled rich girl.  How does she expect to land a job? Maybe she planned on just landing a husband.

Are Juliette & Alex the only other two in school?

Madison's sister sure had a makeover in between seasons, eh?  

This show makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Even if Juliette is a raging asshole in real life, the girls on this show make her look like a saint! (A really naïve saint that could do so much better in the relationship department than she is). Madison, Kelsey, and Chloe literally got in a huddle to talk about Juliette (not Alex, mind you) while the poor girl is literally just living her best life on the other side of the party. And they talk like she's such a bad person when 2 out of 3 of them are guilty of sleeping with her boyfriend! 1 for sure while she was still dating him. Like? And Juliette's such an idiot for dumping Garrett for Alex, Kelsey?

It's almost like those three got together and decided this was going to be their storyline this season and ran with it. And poor Juliette going to Chloe and apologizing to her ten minutes after this chick was talking mad shit about her. Granted, she did disrupt her birthday party, but you can't stand their loudly talking about a person when they're in earshot and expect nothing to happen. Especially not when alcohol's involved...

• Love 5

OK, now it's becoming obvious that the show is scripted.  First the scene with Tarik going home, grabbing his things and talking with his smirking mother.  Obviously they recreated that scene or created it out of thin air.  We'll probably see him reunite with his mother later in the season.  Because why would she agree to appear on the show only to come across as a cold, unsupportive parent on a TV show otherwise?

Secondly, Madison is reportedly seeing someone else so this whole romance with Brandon is contrived for the show.  They really weren't that convincing (though I must say, Brandon's death stare at Carson was pretty good when Carson was trying to hint that Brandon had something to confess) in that scene where he confesses to her.

But if you notice, they had all the cameras and lighting set up already, in the exact place where she would walk out to and for him to follow her.  Almost like they knew the big confession was going to happen already!

Plus why would all the other kids be whispering about Brandon having to confess.  Is it believable that Carson would get into Brandon's business?

Thought it was funny as hell that Madison and Kelsey were passing judgement on Juliette getting back with Alex, when they themselves messed around with him.

And Paulie called Alex Shrek!

• Love 3

I'm a little surprised MTV doesn't have more influence on the casts' social media presence. I've been following most of the cast on instagram since the summer and it's pretty obvious what friendships/relationships they're genuinely in in real life.

Edited by Loudmouse18
Wording clarification
  • Love 1
On 2/13/2018 at 5:15 AM, Gwen-Stacys said:

This show makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Even if Juliette is a raging asshole in real life, the girls on this show make her look like a saint! (A really naïve saint that could do so much better in the relationship department than she is). Madison, Kelsey, and Chloe literally got in a huddle to talk about Juliette (not Alex, mind you) while the poor girl is literally just living her best life on the other side of the party. And they talk like she's such a bad person when 2 out of 3 of them are guilty of sleeping with her boyfriend! 1 for sure while she was still dating him. Like? And Juliette's such an idiot for dumping Garrett for Alex, Kelsey?

Kelsey is also the biggest hippocrit, talking about how dare Juliette cheat on Garrett with Alex when that's EXACTLY what she did, not less than 3 months ago.  Did she think we all forgot about that.  I'm no Juliette fan, but I would love for Juliette to throw that back in Kelsey's face.  

On 2/13/2018 at 9:19 AM, scrb said:

Secondly, Madison is reportedly seeing someone else so this whole romance with Brandon is contrived for the show.  They really weren't that convincing (though I must say, Brandon's death stare at Carson was pretty good when Carson was trying to hint that Brandon had something to confess) in that scene where he confesses to her.

I do think Maddisson and Brandon were dating because I saw lovey dovey pics of them all over their social media, as well as pics of them and his family travelling together.  If Maddisson is seeing someone else, I hope it's with that fine ass model from New York, cause damn he looked delicious.   

• Love 1

I just started watching this when I was bored one day recently.  So Alex had to have his jaw reset or something?  Because in the most recent episode he was talking like he's still in braces (or whatever he had to fix it) - - or does he always talk like he's got something in his mouth?  He is SO unattractive.

After everything is said and done we'll be back to Alex and Juliette together and Garrett and Kelsey, so all the bickering is pointless. 

Brandon is a tool but Madison is dumb enough to take him back.  I don't remember Brandon saying anything that wasn't completely self-centered and self-serving. Even showing up at the beach was because HE wanted to talk to her and he thought it was unfair/unreal that Madison would have the gall not to return his calls. Who gives a shit if you called her 58 times, you screwed another girl. In this world, nobody owes you anything, so you better at least be on your best behavior.

1 minute ago, KLJ said:

I just started watching this when I was bored one day recently.  So Alex had to have his jaw reset or something?  Because in the most recent episode he was talking like he's still in braces (or whatever he had to fix it) - - or does he always talk like he's got something in his mouth?  He is SO unattractive.

Both. He got in a bar fight off camera (he claims some drunk guy just blind sided him while he was walking away). But he's also a dullard. His father is super rich and piloted this show for his son, so his son doesn't have any personality. 

• Love 3

Well there was a good chance the relationship wasn't real in the first place.  Looks like next week at least, Madison is trying to move on.

All the drama is now around relationships or hookups?

No more career aspirations?  Madison has given up trying to get a job as an engineer, just like that.  No more talk of Kelsey's modeling career, because she apparently wants what's his name back, giving him 10 seconds to take her home.

Alex is chilling, walking his dog, hosting boat parties.  No more talk of being busy with law school.  And Juliette and her playa-hater friend are back in Siesta Key.

I guess the producers are mainly interested in these confrontations about who cheated on whom, whose a bigger cheater, etc.  All perfectly blocked too, lit perfectly.

I'm trying to remember previous reality drama shows like The Hills and even Jersey Shore.  You can kind of tell things were happening in real time because the cameraman is running after the cast, chasing them, not always getting the best shot.

That's not a problem on this show because the cameras and lighting are all prepared when the kids run out and have their little confrontations.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, KLJ said:

Someone broke his jaw in a bar fight and his mouth was wired shut for the first few episodes.  And yes, so unattractive (with exception of that trust fund).  Although, I was kinda disgusted with myself that there were several times this episode when I actually enjoyed Alex.  First, when he asked Maddisson if he should get 2 boats to keep her and Juliet separated, that made me chuckle, cause it was definitely something an asshole friend would say.  And then we he told Juliet to not be her normal self and act like an ass because Maddisson needed him to just be a friend.  

I loved how Brandon's mom's inner New Yorker came out when he told her that he cheated.  I was waiting for her to knock him upside his head.  I can't stand him, but I love his relationship with his mom.  

So the brought car wash girl to the show just to date Garrett?  She's clearly not from there and has no friends from there, so why was she even at the charity event other than producer intervention (nice of them to also rig the raffle in her favor).

Speaking of producer intervention, as soon as Canvas said that she flirts with her girl friends as much as she does with her boy friends, I knew there would be something between her and Maddisson's sister.  Either way, Canvas is definitely an upgrade from Paulie.

• Love 1

I enjoy the how because I am a frequent visitor to Sarasota & Siesta Key. I love watching the location shots. I like the cast additions of Paige, Tariq & Ben & Hannah. Canvas is a troublemaker. Inspector Chloe makes me laugh. Alex is getting a much better edit this season. He's no longer the main character on of the show. 

• Love 1
On 2/6/2018 at 1:21 PM, luckyroll3 said:

I'm still shocked that Maddisson hasn't sought out any internships considering all the interviewers she met with last season told her explicitely that she needs more experience.  And again, how did she make it out of college with an engineering degree without getting at least one internship or volunteer position with a firm, even if it was during the school year.  It's not a requirement for the degree, but certainly a well known expectation of the field.  That degree is fucking hard, so I'm not entirely sure why she wasted her time.  And she doesn't talk about anything else, so it doesn't seem like she has an actual passion for anything, outside of who she's getting screwed over by (both literally and figuratively).   

I'm getting caught up on episodes now, so I'm a little late here. That interview was painful. I don't understand how she could go four years without an internship. Like at no point did she hear about her classmates landing summer internships and think that maybe she should look into doing one, too? And did her parents never speak up and say "instead of bankrolling another summer of travel for you, maybe you should make landing an internship a priority so you're not standing on the Brooklyn Bridge wondering why no one will hire you"? Yikes. 

17 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I loved how Brandon's mom's inner New Yorker came out when he told her that he cheated.  I was waiting for her to knock him upside his head.  I can't stand him, but I love his relationship with his mom.  

She cracked me up when she asked him if this was a mistake or a part of his character.

• Love 3

Maddison is completely right that Canvas seemed "eager" to tell her the news about Brandon...because Canvas always seems eager about EVERYTHING!! She always has this really odd smile on her face like she's about to start cracking up after telling you whatever she's going to tell you. I don't know if it's because of the cameras, but it's annoying. 

• Love 5
On 2/8/2018 at 6:05 PM, snarts said:

I agree, and she said she traveled during her Summer breaks, but didn't even study abroad.  To me, that just screams entitled rich girl.  How does she expect to land a job? Maybe she planned on just landing a husband.

Are Juliette & Alex the only other two in school?

Madison's sister sure had a makeover in between seasons, eh?  

I don't remember what she looked like last season.  I don't think I remember her being on last season at all.

On 2/13/2018 at 11:19 AM, scrb said:

OK, now it's becoming obvious that the show is scripted.  First the scene with Tarik going home, grabbing his things and talking with his smirking mother.  Obviously they recreated that scene or created it out of thin air.  We'll probably see him reunite with his mother later in the season.  Because why would she agree to appear on the show only to come across as a cold, unsupportive parent on a TV show otherwise?

That was the weirdest scene.  His mom did not seem to know that she has thrown him out.  When he said he was going to a hotel or whatever, she was like, ok if that's what you want to do.  I mean - she is obviously having a hard time with his news, but she does not seem to be evil - making him leave the home.  She just needs some time.  I think it is hard for kids to come out to their parents for many reasons, but one big one is that they have known the whole time that this is who they are, but the parents need a minute to let it sink in.  And it may seem to the kid that the parent is angry or sad, but maybe they just need to adjust.

The dog was so cute - and he seemed sad that he was leaving.

On 2/20/2018 at 12:21 PM, Stan39 said:

Both. He got in a bar fight off camera (he claims some drunk guy just blind sided him while he was walking away). But he's also a dullard. His father is super rich and piloted this show for his son, so his son doesn't have any personality. 

HAHAHAHA!  He really is.

• Love 1

Brandon is such a tool. He talks about Madisson like she's his possession. Oddly, the rest of the guys are acting somewhat decent (I'm sure that will change). I just don't understand what Brandon thinks he's doing. I'm not even sure if he's actually apologized for what he did. He admitted it, but otherwise he just expects to get whatever he wants. 

OK, so to get an idea of how fake these confrontations are, Paige telling Madison about hanging out with Canvas convo was totally fabricated.

Madison did an interview with the podcast folks last week -- normally they snark on the show but they were chummy with Madison, who said she likes doing the TV show a lot.

But among the things she said was that Paige told her about kissing Canvas that same night it happened.  So Paige wasn't keeping it from Madison as the show would have you believe, leading to this faked convo where Madison is acting upset and Paige sheds some tears for upsetting her sister.

Alex buys a home in Tampa?  Is that near his family home?  If it is, why bother?  Boy that law school life must be tough!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, scrb said:

Alex buys a home in Tampa?  Is that near his family home?  If it is, why bother?  Boy that law school life must be tough!

Tampa is about an hour north of Siesta Key.  If you have money, like his family does, you do things like buy a house instead of commuting for an hour and half each day.  Oh to be rich.  

3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Tampa is about an hour north of Siesta Key.  If you have money, like his family does, you do things like buy a house instead of commuting for an hour and half each day.  Oh to be rich.  

Did we figure out where he's going to school and where he got a house? I know he got wait listed at Stetson and really wanted to go there. That's actually in St Petersburg which is just across from the bridge from Siesta Key. Maybe 30-40 mins. That would make sense. And he mentioned roommates so I imagine they're renting the house. Unless his parents bought it with plans to sell it/rent it out after he graduates. I know several rich kids whose parents bought them a condo for grad school with plans of selling for a profit when they graduate. As an investment, it has the potential to be cheaper than renting a place. Of course, most grad students couldn't afford that on their own. 

• Love 1

Used the word "homeowner."

Looks more like a party house, with plans for a pool table inside and then that big yard for big get togethers.

OK you have time as undergrads for all that but in law school?

Haha, I partied way more in law school than I ever did in undergrad.  Of course, I was a bit burned out at that point and had no zero to get one of those top of the echelon jobs where you basically become a slave for a law firm.

4 hours ago, scrb said:

Used the word "homeowner."

Looks more like a party house, with plans for a pool table inside and then that big yard for big get togethers.

If he's attending Stetson he does. The place looks like a resort. I think there's even a spa on campus. 

• Love 1

None of the guys on this show have a personality. 

Canvas & Paige are faker than Kim K's ass. 

I've learned that I'm not supposed to dedicate a song TO someone, I'm supposed to dedicate a song TOWARDS someone. 

That's all I got. 

• Love 1

Well isn't it nice that they had cliffhangers for all these supposed relationships with this season finale -- though MTV hasn't officially renewed.

Garret and Kelsey are back together but she's got to leave for LA for her big modeling break.

Alex and Juliette had a big fight but they haven't completely broken off.

Madison still rejected Brandon despite the dumb song.

On the podcast, they pointed out that The Drink, which is where Brandon and Pauly did their horrible rap act, is well over an hour away from Siesta Key.

So for instance, when Alex told Juliette that he was going to hang out with the buds and that she should just go home on her own, that was kind of a big deal, to ditch her more than an hour away.

And Madison blew off what's his name, the kid with the shoes and the yacht, and went off to the nightclub, that would have been a long drive or an expensive Uber ride.

Alex mocked her "#&?!&" major, PR or whatever.  He resented having to drive 4 and a half hours to Florida State after going to school 4 days a week.

Juliette asked him to be respectful of her, not put up humiliating Snapchats of dumb sweaters.  Um, that ship sailed a long time ago!

One of the people on the podcast said that he happened upon Juliette and Chloe filming that convo where they see Alex's sweater and get outraged and decide to go confront him.  He said they did multiple takes.  So the guy, who's a reporter for the local paper, asked if he could take some pictures but Juliette kept her face down, apparently not wanting to be photographed.  So maybe she really was upset at the time, but after multiple takes, how much of that emotional energy would remain?

• Love 1

Learning that Juliette is only 20(I remember seeing people asking how she's always drinking when she's not even of age yet. Which...have you ever been to college/she has friend who are of age to buy for her) helps me make so much sense of her actions. We're all dumb-in-love at that age.

• Love 1