Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Necropolis Now

• Start Topic

I don't know if I'd call what Dutch faced a "personal hell" but sure it seemed uncomfortable.  I'm glad Zeph proved trustworthy even if she cock-blocked (or at least bottle-blocked) D'avin.  Also, Zeph talking Dutch through the autopsy was pretty cool.  Well, we know the commander lady is officially dead.  It was weird to feel sorry for Aneela and Della Seyah, who were center-of-the-sun hot in the bed scene.  I know she's evil, but I love Delle Seyah's up for (almost) anything attitude when people were coming into the bedroom.  With the murder of the two in this episode and presumably the imprisonment of Pawter's sister along with the "death" of Delle Seyah, does that mean the Nine are the Five now or do people get promoted or somesuch?  It was nice to see Alvis again.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 1

Hey, I forgot about Pawter's sister!  I would say it was nice to see her again, but she clearly went a bit mad there over her sister's death, and used robot bugs (designed by her mother no less) to not just infect The Nine for their involvement, but even John, Dutch, and D'Avin, because she holds them responsible (especially John) for getting Pawter involved in the first place.  At least John was able to talk her down from killing him, after he saved everyone else with the elevator.

So, Dutch and D'Avin have a heart-to-heart, and Dutch misreads their moment, and now it's gotten all awkward between them.  And just when it looks like they might try and work it out, Zeph shows up show her the stuff she learned about the remnant, and they take off, leaving D'Avin by himself and likely thinking Dutch just bailed on them.  Oh, you Killjoys.  You might be the baddest bounty hunters in the galaxy, but you have know clue over how to handle your emotions and feelings, especially Dutch.

Aneela and Della Seyah become a thing, only for Gander to reveal that the Hullen are actually only using Aneela and they ship Della Seyah off somewhere and hook her to some kind of device (and she's pregnant, now?!)  Meanwhile, they trick Aneela into going into the green goo, where she meets a young Khylen (man, it was strange seeing a dark hair Rob Stewart), but she breaks out and pretty much kills everyone in order to find Della Seyah.  Have no idea what to make of any of this.

Hey again, Alvis!  I like when the monk gets his snark on, like saying that he clearly wasn't the killer because if he was, he so would have killed the pompous, bellowing Nine member first. 

Not exactly sure how "(her) own personal hell" played into Dutch's storyline in this episode, but ok.  It was because of Banyan and Benji, I get that, but other than the very beginning and her hearing her own words to Benji, that was all it really touched on.

Hey, an Alvis sighting!

So, were the 'bugs' in the seeds, or were they the seeds themselves?  If they were the seeds, how did Alvis not catch it??

Nice to see a past guest star, but all that was playing in my head during the moment - that it was explained about her prosthetic arm controlling the elevator - was a nod to the Austin Powers gag "sharks with lasers!".

Khlyen!!  Er, not-really!Khlyen, but still we got to see Rob Stewart as a manifestation of his character. 

Wonder where they're going with DSK, and I'm guessing the overlaying of Johnny's words about her lacking the ability to feel as badly as him will be something to remember for later.

On 8/4/2017 at 10:14 PM, Percysowner said:

So Mayko Nguyen was pregnant IRL. They did a pretty good job of covering all in all. Sci Fi had two series with pregnant actresses that they had to work around.

I'm guessing they are going to use her IRL pregnancy to incorporate it into the show somehow.  If not, they could [would (imo)] have left her in baggy dress to (try &) cover the baby-bump.  Now the real question becomes, who's baby is she carrying?  And/Or was it artificially implanted??

Its looking like the theories that Aneela and D'avin are the 'same' might not be so far-fetched.  Turns out she's a prisoner, but can't be controlled and thus is allowed to believe she's in command.  But if she's not, who ultimately is??  Sounds like S4 material, continuing the war and digging deeper into the (real) Hullen hierarchy.  And now I'm wondering if Aneela will be killed, or will end up being turned against her prison wardens and manipulators?  With DSK as well.  Lots to think about, the possibilities.  *hmmm....*

Nice to know they are not going to have Zeph sit on the discovery she made about The Remnant.  I don't think her smirk at the end of 3.4 was devious, just very smug and a personal celebratory thought of "that's right, bitches, you need me - even with John back!".  Also, proven that Aneela & Dutch do share DNA. 
And going by the promo for the next eppy, the DNA match doesn't seem to be insignificant.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

I thought Aneela was beyond the whole connection/sex human emotions.  That Hullen scoff at the feelings of love/compassion.  And now she's killing people shrieking "Where's Seyah?"  I hope the show will explain that somehow.

This episode felt like filler to me.  But I enjoy an moments between D'av Dutch and Johnny. I like their interplay/relationships.

I don't know how many of the 9 are left, but I wonder what will happen to them.

They've done a spectacular job disguising Mayko Nguyen's pregnancy.  I much prefer it when writers don't write in a real life pregnancy, and rather find interesting ways to hide it (Or uninteresting, like plants and grocery bags).

• Love 2

I liked the Aneela reveal - I guess the Hullen function like the Borg (err... classic Borg before the whole Queen-deal). But a lot of things made more sense to me once her prisoner status was acknowledged. And I'm glad they keep finding ways to keep DSK around - Mayko Nguyen is really doing a great job with the character.

Alvis! Don't go anywhere - Dutch needs you or she's doing something stupid with D'avin!

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Nice to know they are going to have Zeph sit on the discovery she made about The Remnant.

I didn't see her as "sitting on it" so much as she took a bit of extra time to check it out and see what it was before she finally succeeded in telling the others about what she found.  I'm really liking Zeph and what she brings to the team.  I also find that I don't actually "'ship" her with anyone so much as I like the way she's sort of become the crew's new "little sister."

• Love 1

So, Aneela and Delle Seyah Kendry make quite a pair. ("Is it me, or is Hullen sex AMAZING!") I was surprised to find myself rooting for them to find each other last night.

ALVIS!!!! Loved seeing him again, and he was actually directly involved in the who's-hunting-The-Nine storyline - albeit briefly. I kinda miss him and Dutch being together.

Khlyen!!  Er, not-really!Khlyen, but still we got to see Rob Stewart as a manifestation of his character. 

That delighted me because I have a ridiculous crush on Rob Stewart.

I liked Dutch and D'Avin's heart-to-heart, but I feel some type of way about her kissing him.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, johntfs said:

I didn't see her as "sitting on it" so much as she took a bit of extra time to check it out and see what it was before she finally succeeded in telling the others about what she found.  I'm really liking Zeph and what she brings to the team.  I also find that I don't actually "'ship" her with anyone so much as I like the way she's sort of become the crew's new "little sister."

Apologies. I missed a word when I posted last night - correcting it as we speak - but I meant to say 'Nice to know they are not going to have Zeph sit on the discovery she made about The Remnant.'

3 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I liked Dutch and D'Avin's heart-to-heart, but I feel some type of way about her kissing him.

I am leaving this one alone.  The first bit I could write off and say she was just looking for a meaningless physical connection to get her brain off of 'her own personal hell', but then the end and all her awkward attempts to ignore him throughout and........

I have nothing worth-while or even neutral to say about the possibilities this introduced, so I am going to practice my own form of avoidance in terms of dealing with this topic.

• Love 2

Gonna have to disagree with the majority on this one. This episode was boring with a capital 'B.' Aneela comes off a stereotypical 'crazy' bad person, with her girly-girl voice and lashing out violence. Been done a thousand times and better, besides. Don't care - AT ALL - about Dutch and D'Avin's relationship. They have ZERO chemistry and I try not to fall asleep when they are on the screen. The only thing keeping me interested right now is the overall story line and Johnny.

• Love 4

There were things** I didn't care for but I really did appreciate the world building aspect of the funeral rites which then tied into the horrifically creepy revenge on the part of the new Seyah Simms.  

** Dutch coming on to D'avin and then the awkwardness afterwards... at least it showed some character growth on D'avin's part for him to pull away.  ** Who would have thought DSK could almost bring layers to the tiresome crazy that is Aneela? And that it would end up being one of the most interesting incorporations of a pregnant actress that I've seen on tv? 

• Love 1

This episode may have lacked action, but holy crap was a 'bomb' dropped when it came to learning Aneela is not the Queen-B she's allowed to think she is.  Sure she can go all Darth Vader on the Hullen, but that actually makes her more of an enemy to them than an ally - if you really stop to think about it.  And now that we know that Aneela & Dutch share DNA, I wonder if there is another 'Khlyen' we haven't met yet, who is the real overall "lord king" of the Hullen.

How many Hullen-hosts has Aneela killed just because she threw a fit, between now and way back when?  Despite all her 'abilities' and sciency background, she's a huge threat if she ever decides to turn-coat on the Green Bloods.   Now that this storyline twist has been introduced, I could totally see her & D'avin working together next season - if she finds out her real status and turns on the Hullen - and assuming Dutch doesn't wipe her out.  He can makes eyes go explody and she can force-choke the rest.

*silently & foolishly hoping that above spec happens - and Aneela & DSK aren't together later on - so 'everyone' is happy and each Jaqobis gets a 'Dutch';  IE  J/D & D/A*

Looks like Aneela isn't the leader of the Hullen, she's some kind of enemy/indentured servant to them, and she can seriously rock the Darth Vader choke hold! I wonder how many of those tantrums she's thrown over the years? I also wonder how high up this food chain goes? Even the pompous guy in charge of Aneela seems to answer to somebody, so who knows anymore?

It was cool seeing Pawters sister, even if she did go all kinds of crazy. And, even better, Alvis is back! I missed him so much! Is there some kind of budget issue, where they can only have one guest star per episode among the supporting cast? We had one Pree episode, a Fancy episode, and now an Alvis episode. Oh well, I will take what I can get. Those bug robots were pretty creepy too. Definitely a unique murder weapon.

I really loved seeing the funeral for the dead killjoys. As always, I love the world building on this show, and how much thought has gone into the cultural and religious background and beliefs of this world. I also like how much religion is weaved organically into the universe. Often with science fiction, religion is either a big part of the show (usually as either the Big Bad or the Big Good) or its not touched on at all, or humanity has gotten rid of it, Star Trek style, but here its just there in the background. Its important to some characters, less important to others, but its a part of their culture and everyone has a certain amount of knowledge/respect for it. Its just really interesting.

SyFy has certainly gotten creative about dealing with its actresses pregnancies, hasn't it?

Solid episode, even if the episode description was rather confusing. Dutch has some crappy stuff to deal with, but not exactly a personal Hell. I do hope they just focus on Dutch having some confusing lingering feelings for D'avin and that making her feel vulnerable and fall into old habits, and not trying the D/D romance again. It didn't work the first time, I cant imagine it working now.

• Love 3

So how did they get the seed out of Johnny?

I don't care for trapped in an elevator/boat/other confined space stories, but I was okay with the space elevator.

Edited by marinw
22 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

This episode may have lacked action, but holy crap was a 'bomb' dropped when it came to learning Aneela is not the Queen-B she's allowed to think she is.  Sure she can go all Darth Vader on the Hullen, but that actually makes her more of an enemy to them than an ally - if you really stop to think about it.  And now that we know that Aneela & Dutch share DNA, I wonder if there is another 'Khlyen' we haven't met yet, who is the real overall "lord king" of the Hullen.

Don't you think that it is more likely that Khylen is the long term enemy of the Hullen and he has tried to create different "daughters" to create tools that will defeat them? But when Aneela couldn't handle it he has to flee and leave a powerful weaponn behind?  Because while Dutch is fabulous she is no Vader.

if that is the case then maybe the Hullen are trying to use DSK as a vessel for their own super baby if they think that Aneela has made some sort of breakthrough.

Edited by call me ishmael
Spacing was ugly
5 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

Don't you think that it is more likely that Khylen is the long term enemy of the Hullen and he has tried to create different "daughters" to create tools that will defeat them? But when Aneela couldn't handle it he has to flee and leave a powerful weaponn behind?  Because while Dutch is fabulous she is no Vader.

if that is the case then maybe the Hullen are trying to use DSK as a vessel for their own super baby if they think that Aneela has made some sort of breakthrough.

There are definitely possibilities there, in the questions you posed and overall. 

The great thing is that (right now) I have absolutely no idea where the final destination is in terms of where they're ultimately going with this.  While I'm a little apprehensive about them 'losing sight of the forest for the trees', so to speak, I am also a little excited to see just how much & how far they can go & do with applying twists and turns in the narrative at the appropriate times - like with letting us know that instead of being the all-powerful Hullen Commander she's been built up as to this point, Aneela is just a dangerously temperamental & maturity-stunted prisoner.

6 hours ago, marinw said:

So how did they get the seed out of Johnny?

I don't care for trapped in an elevator/boat/other confined space stories, but I was okay with the space elevator.

Good question... for that matter, how'd they get the seed/'bug' out of any of them?  They all swallowed one, even Louella.

{not sure if Alvis did or not, but assuming he did}

I may have imagined Louella palming hers. 

Didn't she have to activate the bug by twisting a bead or something? I'm assuming if they weren't activated, the seeds/bugs would eventually pass through the person's system.

2 hours ago, tessaray said:

Didn't she have to activate the bug by twisting a bead or something? I'm assuming if they weren't activated, the seeds/bugs would eventually pass through the person's system.

That, or we can hand-wave that she didn't swallow hers and spat it out off-screen.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, tessaray said:

Johnny said she palmed it.

The devices activated when Louella twisted the beads. The elevator got stuck within range of her signal. When they got the elevator moving, it moved out of range of her signal. She then turned off the seed in Johnny. Louella said they embedded in the lining of the stomach.  Presumably a doctor could remove the seeds once they got to a hospital.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I am also a little excited to see just how much & how far they can go & do with applying twists and turns in the narrative at the appropriate times - like with letting us know that instead of being the all-powerful Hullen Commander she's been built up as to this point, Aneela is just a dangerously temperamental & maturity-stunted prisoner.

I also thought that it was interesting that the green goo seems to be a way for whoever was impersonating Khylen to communicate with Aneela.  Clearly the Khylen in the image was a trick to try to get her to explain how they can deal with whatever it is that makes D'avin capable of resisting their control.  I couldn't tell if she had killed the whole ship at the end though.

• Love 1

Interesting to see Klyen again (even if fake) and to find out the truth about Aneela. Didn't see that coming!

I am a Johnny/Dutch shipper, so I do not want to see her kissing D'Avin (though I can understand it -- he looked pretty hot there).

• Love 1

I think having Dutch and Davin relapse into a sexual relationship would throw off the chemistry of the show, but it also seems the writers are aware of that and not presenting it as a good thing. At any rate, I'll take them knocking boots and getting another case of the Oh Nos if it wards off any chance of a romance between Johnny and Dutch, that's a relationship I want to remain strictly siblingesque.